Recent Eats (ELABORATE!)

i had a jumbo hot dog at a festival today it was pretty good but these are freaking big
I just ate two chocolate crunch bars. Soon i'll be sugar high. Grin
Just had Meaty Maranara Pasta with Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks from Pizza Hut.
There is now a clear rule. If people continue just posting their recent meals, they will probably get warned.
My room mate is taking a pastry class so he brings home desserts often. Some're really good, others are... strange. Last night he brought home cupcakes he made... with carrots in them o___o;; They tasted fine but the texture of a carrot in a cupcake... mehhh.

His chocolate pie was flipped over in a car accident ;A; Was a sad night indeed.
Well, the highlight of my last meal was the Chirashi-zushi I had from an authentic Japanese restaurant, which are quite hard to find these days (an authentic restaurant).

Anyway, it was really good. There were two slices of wild sockeye salmon, two slices of wild tuna, two mackerel or herring slices - wasn't too sure, two tamago slices, an artistically cut avocado (I think he used a quarter of the avocado), two slices of some sort of fish eggs, and a whole bunch of salmon roe eggs. This was all placed beautifully on a bed of sushi rice, with some nori, ginger, and a side of wasabi (I love that stuff).

Overall, the dish is really flavorful. With the vast assortment of seafood, rice, soy sauce and wasabi, it's definitely a dish to try. The one I had was so well prepared and presented that I hesitantly ate it - still tastes great.

Edit: Kai-V, is this thorough enough?
Whole tub of Hagen-daz feel like such a fatty right now haha.
(Sep. 14, 2010  5:39 PM)Moss Wrote: Whole tub of Hagen-daz feel like such a fatty right now haha.

i know what you mean,hah, just had some shrimp chow mein, stuffed Joyful_2
that's nothing almost everyday I eat everything in the house when my parents are gone and we also go to the store everyday just to get more stuff for me lol and surprisingly i'm still only 200 pounds 14 years old and yes there is something wrong with me
(Sep. 14, 2010  5:34 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: Well, the highlight of my last meal was the Chirashi-zushi I had from an authentic Japanese restaurant, which are quite hard to find these days (an authentic restaurant).

Anyway, it was really good. There were two slices of wild sockeye salmon, two slices of wild tuna, two mackerel or herring slices - wasn't too sure, two tamago slices, an artistically cut avocado (I think he used a quarter of the avocado), two slices of some sort of fish eggs, and a whole bunch of salmon roe eggs. This was all placed beautifully on a bed of sushi rice, with some nori, ginger, and a side of wasabi (I love that stuff).

Overall, the dish is really flavorful. With the vast assortment of seafood, rice, soy sauce and wasabi, it's definitely a dish to try. The one I had was so well prepared and presented that I hesitantly ate it - still tastes great.

Just as a fyi, your posts are one of the only ones I find genuinely interesting on this thread.
(Sep. 14, 2010  6:30 PM)alexscott12 Wrote: that's nothing almost everyday I eat everything in the house when my parents are gone and we also go to the store everyday just to get more stuff for me lol and surprisingly i'm still only 200 pounds 14 years old and yes there is something wrong with me

i alot too but i weigh only 110lbs, huh, although i am only 12
i had hot cheteos i t tasted like air and spicy they were baked somthing i wana eat is a larger pepperony pizza also i would add pizza
(Sep. 14, 2010  5:34 PM)桃太郎 Wrote: Well, the highlight of my last meal was the Chirashi-zushi I had from an authentic Japanese restaurant, which are quite hard to find these days (an authentic restaurant).

Whoa legit lol this sounded amazing haha
I cooked dinner for the GF and I a few nights ago. I made a fettucine cream pasta with some chicken, mushroom and both fried and fresh sage mixed in. It turned out pretty well, since I had time to simmer down the cream sauce to make it nice and thick.

I really reccomend people to make it if they have the ingredients since the flavours aren't to strong, so it's fine to put in large amounts of sage without having so worry.
@ Heart - thank you =) It means a lot, and I'm glad I can introduce new foods to people. @ the General, it really was amazing. But it depends on what kind you get. Usually, the Chirashi-zushi served in North America tends to be the variation where sashimi is scattered on top of sushi rice. But there are some like the Kansai-style, I believe, where they use a lot of cooked ingredients such as shredded tamago and cooked shrimp - this style is also called the Gomoe Chirashi-zushi. Nama Chirashi-zushi, which is the one with sashimi, is by far my favorite style, and I think my favorite dish in Japanese cuisine.

But anyway, I had another Japanese dish tonight - Nabeyaki Udon. In Japanese, a Nabe is a pot in which things are cooked in, and Yaki means grilled. Aside from Udon, a Nabe-related dish is usually a broth-like food. Usually called "Sumo Wrestler's Stew", because of all the ingredients in the Nabe.

Going back to the Udon, the one I had came with Udon in a dashi (bonito fish flakes) soup, which when successfully made, can taste like tempura dipping sauce. On the top, it had Kitsune-doufu (literally fox tofu because of the color), a poached egg, an Uzumaki, two prawn tempura, a few slices of crimini mushrooms, nori, and scallions. And to top it all off, he sprinkled some extra tempura batter on the top. Some chefs will serve this with fish, beef, chicken, or pork.

Overall, this dish is so good, especially on a cold day. Since the ingredients are hot, you can really taste the variety here (nothing raw if anyone doesn't like raw fish). I really thought it was excellent, and I do recommend people to try this at their local Japanese restaurant.
My friends and I were heading to the local Wendy's + Tim Horton's restaurant, so I decided to drive there and spend the loose change around my room. I happened to have, and get rid of ~5 bucks in nickels, quarters and dimes buying a Large Iced Capp with Chocolate Milk from Timmies, and a Spicy Chicken Wrap from Wendy's.

Getting rid of loose change in my room = Win. Food and chilling with friends = Win. It must've really sucked for the cashiers though... counting that change Tongue_out
I ate a plum and a green mango. I was surprised how sweet it was, if you don't know already these are usually used to make salads and stuff so they're pretty sour on their own. Plum was good wasn't sour either. I had some Chow Mien for lunch, it was alright but it could have been better tbh. There wasn't enough veggies or meats. The noodles themselves had amazing taste. The best thing was that it was home cooked by my friend's mom. Hmm... I should probably do what the mods have said and elaborate more probably by including other meals I had. I had this Vietnamese meal, that I don't know the name of in English. It consist of dough, ham, and fish sauce. I woke up at 10PM to eat it since I crashed for 5 hours and I had to microwave it. Which made it lose a lot of it's original taste. The ham became dry but the dough was still good so I wasn't too disappointed. Hope this is enough ha this is quite a bit to read, I don't know how you do it 桃太郎, you have a full analysis of your meal, your amazing! Grin
I just had some pizza.

Sorry about not reading the rules., it tasted great. It was from pizza hut and the crust was cheese filled. It had mushrooms, olives, pepperoni, onions, and bell peppers.
(Sep. 19, 2010  8:52 PM)caststarman Wrote: I just had some pizza.

Elaborate please. Kai-V clearly stated the new rules.
i just ate rice with canned tuna and soysauce. it tasted like greasy tuna with soy sauce. i liked it because it tasted like tuna and i like tuna. i would have liked it more if there was more tuna but one can of tuna can only handle so much. i would have liked to add some lemon for acidity and as gordon ramsey once said "lemon goes good with stuff". i will likely eat it again because i like the tuna, rice and soy sauce combination.
I just had pasta with tomatoes, spinach and chicken. I don't know how my mom did it but she made it without using the stove. We don't have any gas atm in our apartment so she obviously did some asian magic to make the pasta.
I just ate peppered soup with some brown rice the soup was so delish. But the weird thing is that the thing that makes it good is something that smells.It has a tangy and spicy taste.The only thing that makes mad is that there is so much meat and not enough soup. In the case anyone wants the ingerdents and wants to taste something authentic pm me.