Reasons we should sing praises to Hasbro.

Hasbro brought the majority of us to beyblade, and is the reason this site is here.
Hasbro uses higher quality materials, making parts more durable and heavier.
Hasbro Makes it easier and more frugal for the majority of us to buy beys just for spare parts, such as RF, SD, and WB.
Hasbro has fixed major design flaws, and inadvertently imporved parts (e.g. Bearing Stingers shaft).
Hasbro made many extremely difficult to find beys accessible to masses (Rock Orso)
Hasbro fixes breakage problems and improves molds (RF, String Launcher).
Hasbro is one of the larget toy distributors in the world and as such many retailers stock beyblades.
They continue to bring new members into the community.

Their stadiums are terrible, they ruin some parts, they don't release certain beys, but you know what? IT DOESN'T MATTER. You would've had to import them anyways, and chances are you'd be broke after attempting to obtain multiple copies of RF. So what if they don't hold tons of well-organized tournaments, that's your job.

Maybe take some time from your rants and rages and thank Hasbro for all they HAVE done.
Great post.
I also completely agree, amazing post and your absolutely right! Hasbro was what got me into beyblade (besides the anime of course) and got me into it again by having it instock at my local Wal-Mart! =D
makes me regret making my thread about ranting about hasbro :l but good point though McFrown
While all this is true, there's a bigger reason. If it wasn't for their idiotic age cap. Sites like this would most likely not exist. We came together over a very unfair decision made by the company to cap the age at 14. We started to hold our own tournaments build communities so much so that at the old peak there were 3 big sites for it. BBDamashii Beyblade Spirit. OtC. Or if you went back as far as me and very few others. Beyblade Spirit (the MSN GROUP) Street Beyblade. Kai-V and Brad would know this.

Though that is a double edge sword. It's also something I cannot forgive them for.

THAT SAID!
The part fortification I am very thankful for and do deeply appreciate. They do make a very fine bey made to last.
Great thread man. Couldn't have said it better. My only major complaint is the Hasbro stadiums. Also, they should listen to the community more often...
I think the points in the first post could are basically the same two or three repeated though ... They really should have started listening to the community however, after all those years.

In a sense, I also agree with Train : the reason this site exists is only very partially thanks to Hasbro. We are basically not affiliated with them at all and want to encourage people to host their own open events. It is a fact that Hasbro came to interest the majority about Beyblade, however I would not claim that the World Beyblade Organization exists thanks to Hasbro. It does in a way because it is a basis for us to know what we should do in tournaments, but it is mostly a negative basis, if you want.
BeyBrad lives in Canda, and I'm pretty sure he'd never heard of the then Takara-Hudson franchise when he first started beyblading, though I'm sure he became aware of them quickly.

Therefore I'd say Hasbro is directly affiliated with the creation of this site.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Hasbro is one of the largest toy distributors in the world. They don't have time to care that much about some of their franchises, though I do agree they could have taken at least some input.

But please note the competitive beybladers are a minority, and as such Hasbro is not worried about pleasing us.
(Aug. 20, 2010  1:16 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: BeyBrad lives in Canda, and I'm pretty sure he'd never heard of the then Takara-Hudson franchise when he first started beyblading, though I'm sure he became aware of them quickly.

Therefore I'd say Hasbro is directly affiliated with the creation of this site.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
As far as I know Brad has always been more towards TAKARA-TOMY, but I do not know which came first.

I do not think it is correct to use "affiliated". "Related" might be more right, but I believe I already explained why I think the creation of this site is not that much "related" to Hasbro.
This is like saying we should sing praises to teachers for teaching us, but not complain if they give detentions just because they don't like you.

You can be thankful while complaining. Pinching_eyes
(Aug. 20, 2010  1:24 AM)Extic Wrote: This is like saying we should sing praises to teachers for teaching us, but not complain if they give detentions just because they don't like you.

That was such a ridiculous and unapplicable simile.
Anyways, I'd rather be in detention than be an uneducated moron.
(Aug. 20, 2010  1:38 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: That was such a ridiculous and unapplicable simile.

Not really........ at all.
It shows that you can be grateful to someone for doing something good..... but also complain when they do something bad.

(Aug. 20, 2010  1:38 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Anyways, I'd rather be in detention than be an uneducated moron.

So you wouldn't complain one bit if you went to jail for something you didn't do, so long as you get some benefits?
Granted, much more drastic, but it better illustrates the point.

You aren't making any sense, ultimately, though.
You need to complain if you want things to get better, you can't just be complacent because not everything is bad.
It really doesn't make any sense. Pinching_eyes
You're making such a big deal out of such minor flaws.
It's more like your mom bakes you cookies, and she's the only person who will give you any.
Problem is they don't have peanuts in them and you love peanuts.
Are you going to declare your moms product insufficient and complain about how bad it is? Or are you going to shut up and accept what she gives you?
^ best simile ever and on top of that it made me really hungry. Anyways we get the idea. Grin
I agree with marco, and mc frown those are really good reasons why we should "praise" hasbro. Personally i like them they do everything great except the stadiums, those are messed up.
What is the rationale behind Hasbro's inability to manufacture good stadiums? Or just reproduce attack stadiums over here?
(Aug. 20, 2010  2:10 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: You're making such a big deal out of such minor flaws.
It's more like your mom bakes you cookies, and she's the only person who will give you any.
Are you going to declare your moms product insufficient and complain about how bad it is? Or are you going to shut up and accept what she gives you?

I'm going to take the cookies, and ask her to not put peanuts in them next time.

See, that's the thing, you have the wrong idea, completely. Your analogy gives the wrong idea.

I'm not suggesting that we don't buy their products, what I'm saying is that if we're buying their products, why in the hell shouldn't we complain?

You're acting as if you can't do both. I don't understand your logic at all! It doesn't make sense! And it's wrong!

And I must say, it's stupid to suggest that we should just blindly praise them because they do some good things. We're buying their products, that's good enough. If we're getting some things that are inferior, we should complain.
Safety, no pockets + extra high walls = guaranteed that no one will file any lawsuits.
(it does make since for americans)
If it wasnt for hasbro most of us would have never seen a beyblad other than the show and most of us whould have no reason for buying them if we gata inport a toy that we barley know anything about.
Yea i am seeing this who beystadium diffreance now but i never had a broken bey and wont unless you mistreat them.

if you have complaints send them to Hasbro not flame here show some respect
(Aug. 20, 2010  2:54 AM)Marco Wrote: Safety, no pockets + extra high walls = guaranteed that no one will file any lawsuits.

Actually, I've had blades launch out at a height, and velocity, that was not even warned at by the super vortex stadium.

I'll laugh when someone gets hurt and sues them. If something ever happens, to me or someone I know, I might even do it. They deserve it.

If they just released the Japanese stadiums with proper directions and the fences, it would be literally impossible to get hurt.
(Aug. 20, 2010  2:53 AM)Extic Wrote: I'm going to take the cookies, and ask her to not put peanuts in them next time.

Uhm, I said you like peanuts but they're AREN'T any in there.

Anyways, if you have that big of a problem with them, don't buy anything from them. Hurt their pocketbook, that's what responds. Oh wait, but they don't care, because a couple of dolts like us on this site aren't going to change anything they do.

Either you don't take the cookies at all, or you take them, shut your mouth, and get your peanuts elsewhere.

(Aug. 20, 2010  2:57 AM)Extic Wrote: I'll laugh when someone gets hurt and sues them. If something ever happens, to me or someone I know, I might even do it. They deserve it.

If they just released the Japanese stadiums with proper directions and the fences, it would be literally impossible to get hurt.
Uuurgh... there's so much wrong with this. If you hate them so much that you think they deserve to get sued (they'll beat your carp in court btw), you shouldn't buy anything from them in the first place, much less a set that costs $25.

And Stadium Fences? Pfft. No one will put them up, they're just awkward and in no way put up any resistance when confronted with a flying bey. They just topple.
I don't even have complaints, other than the lack of decent stadiums.
And, I don't care about it enough to complain to them.

I'm just saying that it doesn't make sense to blindly praise them, or to not complain, just because they do some good things.

I'm arguing for the right in general, not for myself personally.
(Aug. 20, 2010  2:58 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Uhm, I said you like peanuts but they're AREN'T any in there.
I did read that kinda fast.

(Aug. 20, 2010  2:58 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Anyways, if you have that big of a problem with them, don't buy anything from them. Hurt their pocketbook, that's what responds. Oh wait, but they don't care, because a couple of dolts like us on this site aren't going to change anything they do.
I don't have a problem with them.

(Aug. 20, 2010  2:58 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: Either you don't take the cookies at all, or you take them, shut your mouth, and get your peanuts elsewhere.
That doesn't make any sense.

You're just not making any sense at all~! What is so hard to understand about what I'm saying? You're still acting as if you can't do both! AUGH! Angry

(Aug. 20, 2010  2:59 AM)Dan Wrote: Well, now that Mr. Experience has taught us about our rights..
Probably should finish that.

???
Are you making fun of me for some reason? And what do you mean with the second line?
(Aug. 20, 2010  2:53 AM)Extic Wrote:
(Aug. 20, 2010  2:10 AM)Mc Frown Wrote: You're making such a big deal out of such minor flaws.

I'm going to take the cookies, and ask her to not put peanuts in them next time.

See, that's the thing, you have the wrong idea, completely. Your analogy gives the wrong idea.

I'm not suggesting that we don't buy their products, what I'm saying is that if we're buying their products, why in the hell shouldn't we complain?

You're acting as if you can't do both. I don't understand your logic at all! It doesn't make sense! And it's wrong!

And I must say, it's stupid to suggest that we should just blindly praise them because they do some good things. We're buying their products, that's good enough. If we're getting some things that are inferior, we should complain.
His analogy was correct though, you on the other hand are not seeing this as a whole they can't make stadiums because of safety reasons. What Mc Frown is saying is learn to appreciate what you have, the attitude that you display is that of a spoiled brat. I hope you're not like this about everything.