Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Jul. 10, 2012  3:40 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Main stream books are usually terrible. Twilight isn't the first bad book in the world, there are many like it. The best books are usually the ones that none of your friends have read yet. When everybody is reading something, even people who don't usually read, it tells you something. People who don''t read often will usually enjoy almost any book because that's just it, they hardly read. When they do read, they read what's popular at that time. They just don't see how bad it is because they've never read anything better.

When it comes to my taste in books, I'm a big fan of Sherlock Holmes. That's honestly the best series I've ever read. I like a good mystery. Other than that, I mostly read manga. Although I will pick up a good book from time to time.

Ditto. I intentionally avoid any "popular" books, since frequently they simply are trying to sell a book rather than tell a story.

(Jul. 10, 2012  3:40 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Main stream books are usually terrible. Twilight isn't the first bad book in the world, there are many like it. The best books are usually the ones that none of your friends have read yet. When everybody is reading something, even people who don't usually read, it tells you something. People who don''t read often will usually enjoy almost any book because that's just it, they hardly read. When they do read, they read what's popular at that time. They just don't see how bad it is because they've never read anything better.

QFT

I love Tess Gerritsen's books. I have almost the whole collection. But when I ask my friends "Hey, have you read any of Tess Gerritsen's book's?" 10/10 times the person says no.
Should I proceed with my Atari project? I really like arcade machines, and I have a concept now, but I don't want to proceed if it is going to be a waste of money. Here is the thread:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Lego-10-...#pid988100

What do you guys think?
Sooo... You're gonna build a Lego Atari that works? Or just a model? If it's just a model, it should be okay to make. To make it work, is very hard. If you want to make a working "Lego" Atari, just coat the machine with Lego. Do you have any experience with Lego though? If you don't, that makes your project harder.

This is what I'm going to say with my little experience with Lego.
Its going to be working. Ive played with legos for 7 years, as well as Legos Mindstorm. Everything is battery powered, from the controller to the TV... but IDK. I can only think of a simple box with a screen and buttons. I also don't want to invest on the TV just yet. I don't know if the plan will work out. I need ideas, that it.
For the console, just cover it with Legos. Then leave holes for the plugs. The TV, just use any random TV. As for the controller, IDK.
So...I think I might have shortness of breath, maybe asthma.

I was playing tennis today, and all of a sudden, I can't breathe. I started coughing, and I finally regain my breath...

Then for the rest of class, and after class, I am breathing harder and taking many more breaks...

No idea what's goin' on....
(Jul. 10, 2012  6:08 PM)Yukio Wrote: Have you told any adults that supervise you?

Yeah, but they aren't too worried about it, since I'm usually able to last quite a while...
I think im gonna be sick but listen we had a odor coming from under the sink and i showed my mom where it was coming from, she pulled out a bowl with a DEAD RAT I kid you not and now i'm feeling queasy because of the smell and the sheer thought of it laying there rotting >< YUCK
My former High School let a dead Raccoon rot somewhere in the ducts.

Um, isn't there a high probability of airborne disease with where and it's been trapped + decomposition? The air ducts pass air so....
I guess bad taste of literature isn't the only problem your school has XD
(Jul. 11, 2012  3:56 AM)Syncrystal Wrote: My former High School let a dead Raccoon rot somewhere in the ducts.

Um, isn't there a high probability of airborne disease with where and it's been trapped + decomposition? The air ducts pass air so....

You are correct. I heard of the same situation (only with a few dead birds) lying in the ducts of a school, and a few teachers and students gained fevers and other stuff. Even one adult contracted West Nile!
At school I found a dead frog with blood in it`s eyes Unhappy
Weird thing is I don`t even know what eats frogs
Foxes?

My Dad: What does BFF mean
Me: (facepalm) Best Friends Forever
(Jul. 11, 2012  1:32 PM)GalaxyPegasus80 Wrote: At school I found a dead frog with blood in it`s eyes Unhappy
Weird thing is I don`t even know what eats frogs
Foxes?
Frogs eat frogs. They pretty much eat anything they can swallow. As for what else eats them, I'm not sure. Survivalists? XD

That's pretty gross, I'm happy I haven't found or heard of any dead animals at my school. On the other hand, I would like to set a box of 9 kitties free in there. Number them 1-10, without number 4. XD

Has anyone go to Noodle Village in Chinatown? My family owns that place, and its really good there. Check out the congee if you have a chance, especially the flavored one- with no MSG! Okay, now "it sounds like an advertisement, but has anyone tried Noodle Village? And if your going, I might be there, since I go there every time I go to my dads house for lunch.
BEWARE! The waiters don't know English so much, so ask one of the few bosses if you need help. Also, its kinda noisy in there. A lot of Cantonese being spoken!
(Jul. 12, 2012  4:27 AM)Hacked Wrote: Has anyone go to Noodle Village in Chinatown? My family owns that place, and its really good there. Check out the congee if you have a chance, especially the flavored one- with no MSG! Okay, now "it sounds like an advertisement, but has anyone tried Noodle Village? And if your going, I might be there, since I go there every time I go to my dads house for lunch.
BEWARE! The waiters don't know English so much, so ask one of the few bosses if you need help. Also, its kinda noisy in there. A lot of Cantonese being spoken!

I've been there once on a vacation. I honestly didn't favor it, and yeah, very noisy...

Then again, this is coming from a guy who doesn't eat Asian food too often and gets Migraines in large crowds...
(Jul. 11, 2012  5:15 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: That's pretty gross, I'm happy I haven't found or heard of any dead animals at my school. On the other hand, I would like to set a box of 9 kitties free in there. Number them 1-10, without number 4. XD
That`s just the beginning of it. Almost a week or two ago I found a Dead fox on my front yard surrounded by flies
Ughhh
(Jul. 12, 2012  11:59 AM)GalaxyPegasus80 Wrote: That`s just the beginning of it. Almost a week or two ago I found a Dead fox on my front yard surrounded by flies
Ughhh

Awwww, but I love foxes...

... Speechless

Don't take it a different way...
You probably will cry when you hear this DefStamina88
That Fox wasn`t just a fox...
It was a BABY FOX!!!
(Jul. 12, 2012  3:11 PM)GalaxyPegasus80 Wrote: You probably will cry when you hear this DefStamina88
It was a BABY FOX!!!

Gasp No way...! So *sniff* sad... Crying
So my jaw pops loudly during the mornings now. What does this even mean?
It means you're developing an amazing super power that allows you to make hyper sonic jaw pops, launching enemies farther than 60 feet!

It's probably nothing, but you should ask your doctor next time you go. I just hope you use your powers for good and not evil...
(Jul. 12, 2012  3:11 PM)GalaxyPegasus80 Wrote: You probably will cry when you hear this DefStamina88
It was a BABY FOX!!!
I found a stomach and a large intestine in my backyard about a month ago. And not from a small mouse or something, those guts looked human!