Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Feb. 01, 2018  7:09 PM)Kreissatan4ever Wrote: Are theories allowed here?

No.
(Feb. 01, 2018  7:34 PM)Basalt Fox Wrote:
(Feb. 01, 2018  7:09 PM)Kreissatan4ever Wrote: Are theories allowed here?

No.

Ok
oof...I had to write a graphic novel for a class. not fun when I had to make the framework of it in 2 days...
((Deleted))
Random thought,

I missed you guys. Every last one of you.
This happened about a week ago now, but a community I was in that really depressed me, I've finally left it last Monday. I got a lot of support from my IRL friends and some members from this community and I'm happy to say that after leaving, which I thank all of them for. I've felt better. No longer do I feel as anxious, worried or as worthless, not there anyway. Anyway, I prefer the community here by far, so now that I left the other group, I can focus more time here.

My IRL situation still isn't that good but there have been some more good moments.
(Mar. 12, 2018  11:44 AM)Jinbee Wrote: This happened about a week ago now, but a community I was in that really depressed me, I've finally left it last Monday. I got a lot of support from my IRL friends and some members from this community and I'm happy to say that after leaving, which I thank all of them for. I've felt better. No longer do I feel as anxious, worried or as worthless, not there anyway. Anyway, I prefer the community here by far, so now that I left the other group, I can focus more time here.

My IRL situation still isn't that good but there have been some more good moments.

I'm glad to hear that, @[Jinbee]. It's really good that you are out of there and feeling better because of it. I'm sorry to hear things still aren't too good, but hopefully, they'll be looking up soon. If you ever need someone to talk, vent, or get some advice from. Message me. I'd be glad to try and help you to the best of my ability. Many happy future wishes!
(Mar. 12, 2018  12:04 PM)Ayane_2355 Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2018  11:44 AM)Jinbee Wrote: This happened about a week ago now, but a community I was in that really depressed me, I've finally left it last Monday. I got a lot of support from my IRL friends and some members from this community and I'm happy to say that after leaving, which I thank all of them for. I've felt better. No longer do I feel as anxious, worried or as worthless, not there anyway. Anyway, I prefer the community here by far, so now that I left the other group, I can focus more time here.

I'm glad to hear that, @[Jinbee]. It's really good that you are out of there and feeling better because of it. I'm sorry to hear things still aren't too good, but hopefully, they'll be looking up soon. If you ever need someone to talk, vent, or get some advice from. Message me. I'd be glad to try and help you to the best of my ability. Many happy future wishes!

I appreciate that very much, thank you and I hope for the best for you too.

My IRL situation is mostly just University stresses really.
here is my random thought, about a serious thing called shipping.

meaning: claiming 2 specific people to be a good couple and taking it too seriously.

this is a real problem in my school, when a boy and a girl are bestfriends, people start to imagine them being a couple, and trying to make it real.
but sometimes  people take  it too far,like when people use shipping for teasing others.
example:
me:hi
girl:hey
me:did you see the new movie
girl:no
me: you should
random jerk:why dont you guys just go together to the movie theater since you love each other, heheheheheheahhahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAA!
me: your just another low IQ guy.
I think I'm giving up on being a mangaka. I'm not Japanese, so it's impossible for me to sell anywhere but America, and I've already started cutting down my ideas as to accommodate me floundering and not being popular at all.
(Mar. 19, 2018  11:16 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: I think I'm giving up on being a mangaka. I'm not Japanese, so it's impossible for me to sell anywhere but America, and I've already started cutting down my ideas as to accommodate me floundering and not being popular at all.

Well, for starters, you do not need to be Japanese to make a manga. I actually read an article about an American man who moved to Japan and published his own manga. So, it is possible. But, sadly, ideas cannot be completed with dreams. Moving to Japan, learning the language, finding someone to accept your ideas. Those are all things that take financial investment. And, as someone who just became an adult, you will have to wait and learn more about being independent before this. So, don't stress too much about how this is going now. In twenty years, who knows where you'll be. You just got to keep dreaming and balance it out with a little reality. I believe you will achieve your dreams. But, what is important is that you do. So, good luck with your future. Just remember, I'll be here to stand by you, and offer that bit of encouragement to keep going at what you wish. Nice life, @[Suzaku-X]!
My loathing for my 9th grade comp teacher is so abyssal and complete, that I completely ignore her no matter if she compliments me or not.
Did anybody so far on the WBO notice that my name was spelled wrong?

(It's on purpose... I do go to a decent school...) But why you ask?

It's because of the origin of my Username... When I was little, I used to call myself "The Pheonix" and I would write it like that and if anyone would correct me, I would simply ignore them and say that it makes more sense to spell it like that... That time, I was in a world of my own (Cuz I didn't have many friends, mostly because I shifted to the US for the first 3 years of my life and when I came to India, I had the US accent and didn't know much Hindi and so my classmates couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand them...) and I would enjoy my life... I would watch a lot of Beyblade anime and fell in love with it... So I started collecting and slowly, Beyblade came into my imagination realm too...

And every battle I would have, Fireblaze would always win... So it was like my DREAM Beyblade... (Until 4D)... As a kid, that was so cool because I thought that Stamina types were OP... And I would call my self Phoenix with bad spelling...

EDIT: Sorry I got a little Beyblade-y but I couldn't put it anywhere but I wanted to address this to the people who noticed ^_^.
anyone knows any nice type beats to listen to? lil pump / xxx / smokepurpp / comethazine / ronny j type beats are preffered
(Aug. 06, 2018  4:56 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Did anybody so far on the WBO notice that my name was spelled wrong?

(It's on purpose... I do go to a decent school...) But why you ask?

It's because of the origin of my Username... When I was little, I used to call myself "The Pheonix" and I would write it like that and if anyone would correct me, I would simply ignore them and say that it makes more sense to spell it like that... That time, I was in a world of my own (Cuz I didn't have many friends, mostly because I shifted to the US for the first 3 years of my life and when I came to India, I had the US accent and didn't know much Hindi and so my classmates couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand them...) and I would enjoy my life... I would watch a lot of Beyblade anime and fell in love with it... So I started collecting and slowly, Beyblade came into my imagination realm too...

And every battle I would have, Fireblaze would always win... So it was like my DREAM Beyblade... (Until 4D)... As a kid, that was so cool because I thought that Stamina types were OP... And I would call my self Phoenix with bad spelling...

EDIT: Sorry I got a little Beyblade-y but I couldn't put it anywhere but I wanted to address this to the people who noticed Joyful_3.
I have noticed that, and wondered about for a while back but then let it go. But now I know why you did that. Thanks for sharing this ThePheonix!
Well, this is an interesting thread. My problem is, why is there so much stress put by most elders on you to study as soon as you reach 9th grade? I mean compared to 8th, i feel like the lessons are 10 times harder. Its like you were a kid for the past 13 years, and now, on the day school opens for 9th grade, without warning, you are a grown up. Its very frustrating that I have to study atleast 5 times as much as last year. And i wasnt in the habit, so my grades dropped. If they had taught us with slightly more complexity un previous years i would have found it alot easier. Like in cooking its better to gradually add sugar and stir then add more and stir than dumping the whole thing at once. For example, ( i study in cbse board in india and this is wat they taught us) in 8th grade bio, cell was just introduced, with just minimal info like it was composed of nucleus cytoplasm cell organeles etc. Now, we have to memorize each and every organele and its structure function etc.
(Aug. 22, 2018  7:09 AM)Mohith0412 Wrote: Well, this is an interesting thread. My problem is, why is there so much stress put by most elders on you to study as soon as you reach 9th grade? I mean compared to 8th, i feel like the lessons are 10 times harder. Its like you were a kid for the past 13 years, and now, on the day school opens for 9th grade, without warning, you are a grown up. Its very frustrating that I have to study atleast 5 times as much as last year. And i wasnt in the habit, so my grades dropped. If they had taught us with slightly more complexity un previous years i would have found it alot easier. Like in cooking its better to gradually add sugar and stir then add more and stir than dumping the whole thing at once. For example, ( i study in cbse board in india and this is wat they taught us) in 8th grade bio, cell was just introduced, with just minimal info like it was composed of nucleus cytoplasm cell organeles etc. Now, we have to memorize each and every organele and its structure function etc.

I have two AP (Advanced Placement) classes this year in 8th Grade: Math and Language Arts. It is basically like taking 9th Grade Math and Language Arts a whole year earlier. So far, Math is not that hard, but they do go fast with subjects, teaching a few standards in a couple of weeks. 9th Grade Language Arts is calm so far, but I think in a couple of weeks it is going to become a lot of work. From what I have heard, you read a lot in Language Arts, and most of the reading is done at home. There are some writing assignments (most of them are done on a computer). I think we have to do certain books where we annotate the entire book page by page. I do like how my teacher is more flexible with due dates though. I do have other advanced classes, but they are mostly the same as 8th Grade but with higher expectations
(Aug. 22, 2018  7:24 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2018  7:09 AM)Mohith0412 Wrote: Well, this is an interesting thread. My problem is, why is there so much stress put by most elders on you to study as soon as you reach 9th grade? I mean compared to 8th, i feel like the lessons are 10 times harder. Its like you were a kid for the past 13 years, and now, on the day school opens for 9th grade, without warning, you are a grown up. Its very frustrating that I have to study atleast 5 times as much as last year. And i wasnt in the habit, so my grades dropped. If they had taught us with slightly more complexity un previous years i would have found it alot easier. Like in cooking its better to gradually add sugar and stir then add more and stir than dumping the whole thing at once. For example, ( i study in cbse board in india and this is wat they taught us) in 8th grade bio, cell was just introduced, with just minimal info like it was composed of nucleus cytoplasm cell organeles etc. Now, we have to memorize each and every organele and its structure function etc.

I have two AP (Advanced Placement) classes this year in 8th Grade: Math and Language Arts. It is basically like taking 9th Grade Math and Language Arts a whole year earlier. So far, Math is not that hard, but they do go fast with subjects, teaching a few standards in a couple of weeks. 9th Grade Language Arts is calm so far, but I think in a couple of weeks it is going to become a lot of work. From what I have heard, you read a lot in Language Arts, and most of the reading is done at home. There are some writing assignments (most of them are done on a computer). I think we have to do certain books where we annotate the entire book page by page. I do like how my teacher is more flexible with due dates though. I do have other advanced classes, but they are mostly the same as 8th Grade but with higher expectations

Well, atleast you get to type some of your assignments. Every single one of ours has to be hand written. Then we have marks for maintaining notebooks. They have to covered, handwritting should be neat etc...
(Aug. 22, 2018  7:28 AM)Mohith0412 Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2018  7:24 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: I have two AP (Advanced Placement) classes this year in 8th Grade: Math and Language Arts. It is basically like taking 9th Grade Math and Language Arts a whole year earlier. So far, Math is not that hard, but they do go fast with subjects, teaching a few standards in a couple of weeks. 9th Grade Language Arts is calm so far, but I think in a couple of weeks it is going to become a lot of work. From what I have heard, you read a lot in Language Arts, and most of the reading is done at home. There are some writing assignments (most of them are done on a computer). I think we have to do certain books where we annotate the entire book page by page. I do like how my teacher is more flexible with due dates though. I do have other advanced classes, but they are mostly the same as 8th Grade but with higher expectations

Well, atleast you get to type some of your assignments. Every single one of ours has to be hand written. Then we have marks for maintaining notebooks. They have to covered, handwritting should be neat etc...

That sounds hard. Do you guys even have computers over there? Our school has carts full of Chromebooks...
(Aug. 22, 2018  7:31 AM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2018  7:28 AM)Mohith0412 Wrote: Well, atleast you get to type some of your assignments. Every single one of ours has to be hand written. Then we have marks for maintaining notebooks. They have to covered, handwritting should be neat etc...

That sounds hard. Do you guys even have computers over there? Our school has carts full of Chromebooks...
Yeah, we do have computers XD. It's just that with the lazy kids at school you never know if they really typed that content or just copied it off and printed it. Thus, in our country assignments should be hand written and we are actually graded for it who's marks are added to our final result. Regularity of Assignments, neatness are just some of the criterion. It's not as hard as it sounds. You will get used to it after a while. Initial days will be a little tough.
In my last school we were taught about cell and organeles and also the diagram of nucleus in 5th grade 
And this year when I transferred to a new school my classmates (7 graders) didn't even know about organeles all they knew was cell's function and it contains cytoplasm and nucleus 
And even the math syllabus is way too easier
(Aug. 22, 2018  8:27 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote:
In my last school we were taught about cell and organeles and also the diagram of nucleus in 5th grade 
And this year when I transferred to a new school my classmates (7 graders) didn't even know about organeles all they knew was cell's function and it contains cytoplasm and nucleus 

You were transferred from ICSE board to CBSE(new delhi) It seems
(Aug. 22, 2018  8:57 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2018  8:27 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote: In my last school we were taught about cell and organeles and also the diagram of nucleus in 5th grade 

You were transferred from ICSE board to CBSE(new delhi) It seems
No, I have never been in a ICSE school in my entire life 
All the schools I have been to are CBSE

But I think the last one was like a hybrid
It had the course of CBSE but also taught a little ICSE
(Aug. 22, 2018  9:06 AM)Nightmarefafnir Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2018  8:57 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: You were transferred from ICSE board to CBSE(new delhi) It seems
No, I have never been in a ICSE school in my entire life 
All the schools I have been to are CBSE

But I think the last one was like a hybrid
It had the course of CBSE but also taught a little ICSE
Maybe CBSE(south) and CBSE( New delhi)
is the difference