Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

Ton of homework tonight. Don't expect me to be as active as I have been yesterday. I'll be back tomorrow.
After just watching several rounds of each, I got hooked by Formula D and D1GP. These guys have some serious guts going sideways over 100mph, even through hairpins, and pinch-narrow tracks like Ebisu and Tsukuba.

Also, these cars don't all look the same, unlike F1. The cars are also nothing more than heavily-tuned road cars, and you can spot old legendary Japanese cars alongside European ones and Americans. Though I have to yet see an SLS-AMG in D1GP/Formula D. We don't see spaceplane-like-cars jostling around a bend at 50mph, we see imports/tuners driving round those turns at over 70mph or maybe closer to 60mph. I've always held a heavy disdain over the F1 motorsport though.

The commentators were also very hammy, and enjoy screaming at the top of their lungs for the slightest incident or achievement like someone pulling off a reverse entry drift or a car spinning out. That probably contributed.

Anyone else with me?
(Jan. 30, 2016  7:13 AM)RDF3 Wrote: After just watching several rounds of each, I got hooked by Formula D and D1GP. These guys have some serious guts going sideways over 100mph, even through hairpins, and pinch-narrow tracks like Ebisu and Tsukuba.

Also, these cars don't all look the same, unlike F1. The cars are also nothing more than heavily-tuned road cars, and you can spot old legendary Japanese cars alongside European ones and Americans. Though I have to yet see an SLS-AMG in D1GP/Formula D. We don't see spaceplane-like-cars jostling around a bend at 50mph, we see imports/tuners driving round those turns at over 70mph or maybe closer to 60mph. I've always held a heavy disdain over the F1 motorsport though.

The commentators were also very hammy, and enjoy screaming at the top of their lungs for the slightest incident or achievement like someone pulling off a reverse entry drift or a car spinning out. That probably contributed.

Anyone else with me?
I've never watched real life racing videos, i'll probably watch some of them because i really like fast and cool tuned cars. and about the Formula D one, i thought you were talking about some board games lol. Anyways , back to the topic. How many laps does these racers do before they win? I mean the ones that i see are like 25 - 30 laps which is crazy lol. About the commentators, they would probably do that to make it more interesting, right? ( I'd like Snoop Dog or whatever his name is to commentate these races, lol) F1 races are pretty cool, though they "test" racers' skills because their cars are pretty much all the same.
Watch those man, you won't regret it. Those machines are FAST.

Laps vary between race types and course length. The 20km+ Nurburgring might only need 10-15 laps for it to be a challenge, while the shorter the track the more laps need to be done. Endurance races are nasty though, reaching 300 laps in La Sarthe, 90 laps in Nurburgring or 1.700km+ in Daytona (all in 24hrs) are not unheard of.

IIRC D1GP and Formula D are done in "heats" not "laps". In one heat a driver chases another, in the next one it's inverted. Daijiro and Saito are my favorite drivers in D1GP and Formula D. Vaugh Gittin Jr and Conrad Grunewald are also pretty cool.

The problem with racing the same machines is that it makes it harder to discern drivers visually, and after a while you get bored with looking at them. F1 is also very expensive and very complicated for each team: loads of regulations, a strict health regime (thus why F1 is a sport)
I can really tell, you're a big fan of racing arn't ya? And i've heard of endurance races. and they're indeed nasty as carp. In order to understand "heat" i needed to do intensive research, and it's basically done in a tournament? or something like that.

And yeah with machines looking at the same, you would have a hard time looking for the driver you'd like to look forward to.
I love drifting, my favorite car is the fairlady z. I wont lie i dont exactly keep up with drifting comps though, now that you brought it up ill try to catch up on some vids. Personally im a bigger fan of touge runs, only because i like lower angle high speed drifts which can be used against other drivetrains a bit more. I also like the amount of course variables on mountains.
@ Es Iratus: I play Gran Turismo and Forza Motorsport, so it's kinda obvious I loved racing.

the "heat" I meant is this: There are lots of drivers in a D1GP/Formula D contest, but only two are on the course at one time, battling against each other. In one run, a car chases another, in the next one the positions switch.
Example: you drive a Camaro SS '10 against your opponent driving a Mustang GT, in run 1 you go first, then in run 2 your opponent goes first. It's like the Canyon Duel mode from NFS Carbon. At the end of the 2 runs, 3 judges decide, the one with the most votes is the winner and moves on.
Endurance racing puts major strain on man and machine: Fighting pitch-black nights, unfriendly weather, mechanical breakdowns and exhaustion are just some of the problems. It's the ultimate expression of motorsport persistence. The winner of 24h of Lemans clearly deserves their place as the most enduring racer and machine in the world. Try driving straight for 24 hours and see what that does if ya don't believe me.

@yt: Favorite car for drifting for me is the 180SX. Manageable power and sneaky small posture. Plus, it looks cool with decals and spoilers, and maybe a carbon bonnet. The RX-7 and the Supra RZ aren't bad though. Don't drift in public roads though, not only is traffic unpredictable, if a policeman sees you do it you're driving off with a ticket.

Touge runs always feels dangerous to me: Touge is "mountain road" in Japanese, and driving 80mph around a turn without run-off seems off-putting to me. I'll see some videos of these soon enough. FR Drivetrains I consider a must; the cars that don't have them (Lancer Evo, Subaru BRZ, etc) must have undergone a drivetrain conversion somewhere before they hit the official competition. Of course, this doesn't apply to street-racers.
D Double E isn't only the best Grime/Garage emcee to ever touch the mic; he's one of the best live lyricists ever to spit lyrics... The energy he brings to clubs can not be matched. Only seen Crazy Titch and Mayhem bring that sort of gassed vibe on a live set.

Considering he hasn't released released much music till recent it's amazing the respect he gets from the whole of the UK's music scene. He is truly a music legend if there is such a thing.

https://youtu.be/CxI4X5YdTpM
Yeah touge is very dangerous, you have a lot more dangers on mountains. I have a friend that lives in utah whos super lucky, he has like 3 nice cars, one of which is a "drift tuned" skyline r34, he basically put an rb26 into an r34 gt. He said its real scary drifting and cornering downhill with a few small railings around. Honestly though i was wish we had mountain passes, or at least tracks with difficult corners in wny, all we have are dirt circles, drag strips and maybe empty parking lots.
You guys should check this out if you're a drift fan:

https://youtu.be/hepFlpCdTgU
Vaugh Gittin Jr. and Daigo Saito drifting across an abandoned Russian Village in Niigata. Check out Daigo's 650hp, V12, RWD-converted Murcielago guys!

https://youtu.be/4H4qL9p7SGk
Vaugh Gittin Jr. pulling of a reverse entry drift.

https://youtu.be/NFPgG45lEDE\
Daigo Saito pulling off a jump-drift.

Old videos sure but they're awesome.
I get it now bro. Thanks for explaining that term to me. I've been a drift fan ( in GTA san andreas atleast lol) i was drifting w/ my friends there lol. And i'll surely watch what video you recommended for us.
Sometimes you got some kind of desire of eating something even if you are already full?

Well, for some reason I want to eat some Yakissoba right now after seeing some Youtube videos from Shitemita Channel. Those Cup Noodles [censored.] tho.
I was wondering how big Pegasus's wings would be so I did some research and math and here is what I got.
Peregrine falcon
Weight around 2 pounds
Wingspan 29–47 inches
So wingspan is about 18 inches per pound
Horse
Weight around 840 to 1,210 lbs
So pegasus
Weight around 1025 lbs
So 18 inches per pound X 1025 lbs = 18450 inches
Pegasus would need a wing span of around 18450 in or 1537.5 feet
(Feb. 06, 2016  2:52 AM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I was wondering how big Pegasus's wings would be so I did some research and math and here is what I got.
Peregrine falcon
Weight around 2 pounds
Wingspan 29–47 inches
So wingspan is about 18 inches per pound
Horse
Weight around 840 to 1,210 lbs
So pegasus
Weight around 1025 lbs
So 18 inches per pound X 1025 lbs = 18450 inches
Pegasus would need a wing span of around 18450 in or 1537.5 feet
That's assuming Pegasus's wings are exactly as wide front to back as a peregrine falcon's are. If Pegasus has wings proportionally larger in all directions, it only needs a 39.2 foot wingspan.

Though that assumes that Pegasus has hollow bird bones and a similar build to a falcon.
The math I did is based on how the beyblade Pegasus fly's up and dives down quickly for it's special move so I chose to base the math off a peregrine falcon's wings. the horses weight is very random though.

I have also seen people talking about Pegasus having shorter wings but then it would need to flap it's wings as fast as a hummingbird or something like that.
So i got LSS in this song.
Can anybody suggest a song for me? it sucks badly
Just a few news in case you didn't notice:
Apple is currently recalling a few power adapters that have been sold in central Europe, Argentinia, New Zealand, Korea and Brazil from 2003 to 2015 because of some safety issues. If you think your adapter might be affected, better check apple's website.

Also, something very sad happened in Germany yesterday: Two trains collided head-on on a single-track railway. 11 people dead, 80 injured. Technically it isn't possible that the trains pass it at the same time, especially because it has been checked only a few weeks before, so nobody knows how this could happen yet. But we're all kinda depressed...
(Feb. 10, 2016  8:11 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Just a few news in case you didn't notice:
Apple is currently recalling a few power adapters that have been sold in central Europe, Argentinia, New Zealand, Korea and Brazil from 2003 to 2015 because of some safety issues. If you think your adapter might be affected, better check apple's website.

+ Australia.

I got two unsafe ones hahah, should probably return them (even though I don't use them)

(Feb. 10, 2016  8:11 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Also, something very sad happened in Germany yesterday: Two trains collided head-on on a single-track railway. 11 people dead, 80 injured. Technically it isn't possible that the trains pass it at the same time, especially because it has been checked only a few weeks before, so nobody knows how this could happen yet. But we're all kinda depressed...

Oh I read about that Uncertain arent your rails divided into two? One to go in each direction?
(Feb. 10, 2016  12:17 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2016  8:11 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Just a few news in case you didn't notice:

+ Australia.

I got two unsafe ones hahah, should probably return them (even though I don't use them)
It would be better to return the power adapters because around two years because of a Technical fault of the adapter.A Person's Iphone caught on fire and exploded while the phone was charging.The person was Sleeping that time and the Mobile was near to him.But the person woke up on correct time due to suffocation from Smoke because of fire.
Many Phone explosion have happened because of the power adapters. Sometimes Power adapters also explodes.I dont know for what Reason Apple is calling back power adapters but its better to return them.

(Feb. 10, 2016  8:11 AM)~Stoney~ Wrote: Also, something very sad happened in Germany yesterday: Two trains collided head-on on a single-track railway. 11 people dead, 80 injured. Technically it isn't possible that the trains pass it at the same time, especially because it has been checked only a few weeks before, so nobody knows how this could happen yet. But we're all kinda depressed...

Oh I read about that Uncertain arent your rails divided into two? One to go in each direction?
[/quote]
Even I read about. It was printed in our newspaper today. Sad to know about more than 100 peoples were injured in this Incident and 11 reported deaths God Rest Their Souls In Peace.

It can be called a Technical Default or Humar Error.
It was a Head on Collision at Bad Aibling and yes it was Single Tracked Mangfall Valley Railway on a Curve between Kolbelmoor and Bad Aibling.
The True fault will come up as soon as they find the third Black box and examine it.
(Feb. 10, 2016  12:17 PM)Cannon Wrote:

+ Australia.

Yeah, I think I will, too.

Basically, they are. But very old railways and also if there isn´t enough spaye to build two (like in this case, there was a river on one side and a slope on the other) are also single-track over comparatively short distances. Then one train usually waits in the station until the approaching train has passed the section and then leaves the station and passes the section in the opposite direction. This time the train that had to pass first was four minutes late and for whatever reason the driver of the other one didn´t notice and didn´t leave four mins later as well but to schedule and so they were passing it at the same time and collided. Usually, this is where the automatic train control is activated, which stops both trains immediately, if there is the chance of a collision, but that didn´t work as well.
everything > School. I get that school is good ( or not because of useless stuff being taught to you almost everyday) Like seriously? Math? when can you use this on your daily life? ( except the division, fraction stuff, i'm talking about algebra things and all that kind of carp) and my friends are also carp. School is carp.
(Feb. 11, 2016  4:06 PM)Es Iratus Wrote: everything > School. I get that school is good ( or not because of useless stuff being taught to you almost everyday) Like seriously? Math? when can you use this on your daily life? ( except the division, fraction stuff, i'm talking about algebra things and all that kind of carp) and my friends are also carp. School is carp.

Math from precalculus onward is pretty much useless unless you happen to be going into a field that needs it (engineering, physics, statistics, computer science, or really anything else math-y). Algebra is at least useful for finance, and it's useful to be able to think algebraically (finding unknowns), but it's not like you're going to randomly run into a quadratic equation that needs to be solved unless it's in your job description.
Well the point of those classes is not only to expand your knowledge in a Renaissance-man-esque way, but also to teach you logic, problem solving, and all of the good stuff that comes with doing difficult mathematics, science, et cetera.

That being said, I agree it is fairly usless, as I'm sure there are other ways to learn the skills that we are supposedly being taught, and really there needs to be some sort of class or series of classes that teaches students about the real world.
There's actually a video that states the bad effects of school. Boyinaband ( Dave) uploaded a video called "Don't Stay in School" stating that students should be taught with more livelihood education. And it doesn't mainly point that students shouldn't stay in school though.
(Feb. 12, 2016  10:09 AM)Es Iratus Wrote: There's actually a video that states the bad effects of school. Boyinaband ( Dave) uploaded a video called "Don't Stay in School" stating that students should be taught with more livelihood education. And it doesn't mainly point that students shouldn't stay in school though.

Kindergarten up to what, 10 grade(?) is the basic's you will need to do well at whatever career you choose. By this I mean it may not be a fancy degree, but it will actually be the basics you might be using. Even if it's manual labor or construction, you will still need basic problem solving and math skills. It's good because after school and if you want to go to college, you have so many choices because you know the roots of geometry, biology, algebra, and language, not to mention language classes which will actually benefit you if you choice to study/abroad. Also, soak up as much knowledge as you can while the government still pays for your basic education, if your in public school. University is completely your choice though, if you do, don't go for a carp degree like paleontology and live your whole life paying for it, haha. Don't give up just because a youtuber tells you too.