Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Oct. 10, 2015  1:46 PM)Zed EX Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2015  4:11 AM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I hate to break conversation but I just bought an Over The Hedge DVD in a market and I'm pretty upset. Not because the movie was bad or anything, not at all, at first the DVD and box seemed promising at first glance, then I watched the movie and everything was low def for a DVD, the entire movie was there except the credits. I then looked at the box and realised the cover was a scanned print as it looked blurry, same with the DVD itself. So someone pirated this movie and had the nerve to sell it! I really want to confront the seller from the market but I'm unsure if he'll still be around.

That's kinda what happens when you buy dvd's from outdoor markets... buy VHS Smile

Ah I knew I should have never trusted those lousy salesmen. Good thing it was super super cheap, and to be fair, it could have been much worse. They could have cut half the movie, or worse still, it could be replaced with a cheaper worse alternative, like any of the Pixar/Dreamwork movie with those horrible Spark Plug Entertainmet knock offs.

I don't own a VHS anymore.
(Oct. 10, 2015  2:51 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: My dog just died. Happiness from the plastic lot I just received quickly turned into sadness.

R.I.P ... certainly is a morbid turn of events really...
(Oct. 10, 2015  2:51 PM)xVaretyr Wrote: My dog just died. Happiness from the plastic lot I just received quickly turned into sadness.

Sorry to hear that, I feel even moreso sorry given you were in a moment of happiness only to see that happen. It's a sad but forceful change in mood.
Man, xVaretyr, all my condolences to you. I do not know what your relationship was like with your dog, but I know that mine would make me think about her anytime I see anything, so I just hope that time will heal your wound.
Interesting thing is that I have a friend who is afraid that she hadn't given her dog the life that he/she wanted, even though she has, I am not sure what you and your dog was like Xvaretyr, but you have my sympathies.
Sorry about your dog man. I don't know how it is to have a daily relationship with a dog, but I can truly understand the feeling. My cat is 16, and everytime I see her sleeping, I'm scared she won't wake up.
One of my dogs passed a few months ago, tho I wasn't as phased as I expected, because I didn't have the relationship I have with my other dogs and I didn't raise her from a puppy like my other dogs. Also she kept attacking my other much older dog, so I slightly resented her.

I felt kinda bad I felt that way, but I can't make myself feel something it doesn't.

This zone got depressing...Really depressing...

Welp, gotta turn this around some how.
Thanks for the sympathy guys. I really, really appreciate it. Well, she's one of my family's first two dogs (got the 2 as puppies) so maybe you can imagine how special we treated her and the other one. We only had her for about 6 months.. Lost her to Parvo disease.

I gotta move on from this, but it will take a long time, for sure. Thanks again.

EDIT: Yeah, gotta turn this around Meta! Smile
Had the video of a certain animal playing a piano but that would be rather touchy so...

I just found this instead...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8JUxMAyRqY
Well, I realised that 2015 has been quite the dream year for me so far. I discovered doughnuts made of potato that I can eat despite my allergies, I went to Japan, I found my most favourite pair of shoes for a nice price, I will dirty my pants/meet Dir en grey in person in a month, and now I will be able to eat scrambled eggs like I have wanted to since forever thanks to VeganEgg coming out later in October. Sure, a few other really nice things have happened to me in 2015 as well, but the aforementioned were really dreams that I could not have hoped to see accomplished ever.

If only I could now find a job still in my domain of expertise where I get a proportional and fair salary ...

Summary : No-egg scrambled eggs coming out soon !
Well, for me it's the exact opposite, haha.

I literally lost all my ''friends'', I don't have any kind of goal or any idea of what I'm going to do in the future, and for the social aspect, the WBO's tournaments are pretty much the only thing left. But hey, at least I'm always in the top three haha !

Oh, by the way, I'm glad to hear about the eggs, I don't know if there's a taste difference, but for my own egg-experience, it's delicious !
You are still young though, and especially at your age, it is so normal not to know where you are going in life. I am glad the Montréal community can be there for you meanwhile, and hopefully we can keep doing that for years to come, but you will definitely find new, true friends sooner or later.

As far as I know there is not supposed to be any taste difference, but only other people could tell me hah. I really wish I could have a person always by my side to taste food for me and identify whether there are eggs in them before I eat them hah.
We're always here to help out in any capacity, even non-Beyblade related, MissingNo!
@[Kai-V] If I could live in Canada, then I would be your taste tester!

Seriously, non egg scrambled egg? It would have been redundant if it were actually egg.
(Oct. 13, 2015  12:23 AM)MissingNo. Wrote: I literally lost all my ''friends'', I don't have any kind of goal or any idea of what I'm going to do in the future, and for the social aspect, the WBO's tournaments are pretty much the only thing left. But hey, at least I'm always in the top three haha !

This thread made a turn for the worse.

Reminds me of this one dude on a site I was on, though he pretty much said online friends are the second best thing but that is a story for another day.

Being in the top 3 is better than nothing really.
(Oct. 12, 2015  10:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, I realised that 2015 has been quite the dream year for me so far. I discovered doughnuts made of potato that I can eat despite my allergies, I went to Japan, I found my most favourite pair of shoes for a nice price, I will dirty my pants/meet Dir en grey in person in a month, and now I will be able to eat scrambled eggs like I have wanted to since forever thanks to VeganEgg coming out later in October. Sure, a few other really nice things have happened to me in 2015 as well, but the aforementioned were really dreams that I could not have hoped to see accomplished ever.

If only I could now find a job still in my domain of expertise where I get a proportional and fair salary ...

Summary : No-egg scrambled eggs coming out soon !

Easily in top 5 favourite WBO posts. Glad you're having an awesome year Kai-V!
And yet I also got an allergic reaction to an orange beverage and shingles at age 24 in the year 2015 (etc.), but I am still alive, hah.
Oh man. I never even had chicken pox, so I am always nervous about that ...
Does anyone have any tips to get a little less lazy with school work? I know I can be a smart student, but recently in my math class I feel like I just haven't been applying myself well and my grades are definitely reflecting. I use to be a straight A student and now I'm basically failing math. I'm not sure what turned on this laziness if it was a new school or a kinda "odd" teacher, but I really need to figure a way to dig my self out of this hole.
(Oct. 13, 2015  2:07 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Does anyone have any tips to get a little less lazy with school work? I know I can be a smart student, but recently in my math class I feel like I just haven't been applying myself well and my grades are definitely reflecting. I use to be a straight A student and now I'm basically failing math. I'm not sure what turned on this laziness if it was a new school or a kinda "odd" teacher, but I really need to figure a way to dig my self out of this hole.

Do you use a laptop or cellphone during the class ? I know in retrospect that what made a huge difference in my university years, besides the shock of going from natural sciences to social sciences, was that I was also suddenly allowed to use a laptop and there was wifi. In the university class I am taking now, I force myself not to bring my laptop and I definitely have the impression of being way more attentive in class than for my whole bachelor's degree.

Getting yourself in competition with someone can also help hah.
(Oct. 13, 2015  1:43 AM)Kai-V Wrote: And yet I also got an allergic reaction to an orange beverage and shingles at age 24 in the year 2015 (etc.), but I am still alive, hah.

Damn, shingles. What are the odds? Glad you've had a good year so far, my year has been going pretty well also and over the course of the next year is looking great for me if everything plays out right. After having left my last job I found a new job rather quickly that has been paying me more and giving me double the hours, tomorrow I get to meet my all-time favorite band and watch them perform live (For a Japanese indie band to come to my area, this is amazing), and I will be applying soon to the school I plan to go to next year. If I keep up with my savings I'm going to Japan in May and then hopefully I will be moving in July to attend my new school.

But I mean, I'm mostly excited about seeing Tricot tomorrow. Smile
One great thing at a time, right hah ?

You know what odds you actually want to hear about ? Not only did I get the shingles in mid-July, but my brother also developped the shingles a week ago. He is one year and a half younger than me. In my case, being so young, a huge stress on my body must have been the cause because I did experience some in July, but nothing happened to my brother at all. Also, shingles are not contagious, they can just give the chicken pox to people who have not had it yet. So, the doctors are completely baffled, hah.
~it's a conspiracy~