Random Thoughts 5 - READ RULES IN FIRST POST

(Mar. 13, 2012  10:55 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: It is pretty hilarious. You don't see that everyday, not even on YouTube!
Yes, but if you don't even see stuff like that on YouTube, you've probably got something to worry about Chocked_2... But that right there is just sad, I can't even believe there are people that stupid in the world.

Let's be honest, he's the champion of competitive pokemon battling, it's not like he had much dignity to lose.

*says he with the third highest post count on a site dedicated to children's spinning tops Tongue_out_wink
People say I'm a retard and a nerd for being into beyblade but, yeah, exactly, we are all nerds because we are on a site about spinning tops just you said th!nk. lolol. And were also like the pokemon champ, he doesn't have much dignity because he can't go up to some random person that doesn't like pokemon and rub it in their face that they won a tournament, just like other people that make fun of you for liking beyblade.
A moment of silence for the Japaneese... another earthquake?
(Mar. 14, 2012  7:57 PM)WabbitStore Wrote: A moment of silence for the Japaneese... another earthquake?

I keep looking at all the news channels here. Where did you see that ?
(Mar. 14, 2012  7:57 PM)WabbitStore Wrote: A moment of silence for the Japaneese... another earthquake?
Japan rests on 4 tectonic plates, so they actually get a lot of earthquakes. We only hear about them when they are really bad. But yes, this is certainly not good, I hope everyone is alright. Oki too.

(Mar. 14, 2012  8:16 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

I keep looking at all the news channels here. Where did you see that ?

Yahoo.
I feel really sorry for japan... I mean, they do all sorts of amazing things to advance technology and entertainment! But, what do we do in return? we make fun of their eyes and their language! I only like the thing that talk about them doing amazing things cause they're asian, but that's because i think of it as complementing them! Exception is when an asian does something with music or something and someone says this...
Asian dad: "uh huh, yeah, that's nice... now do it backwards!"
I HATE IT WHEN I SEE THAT!!!
The above post should really not have caused such a degeneration. I think there could have really been a smoother way to tell someone about the misconception some people have of Japan, etc.

Do not fight ...
We have a lot to learn from Japanese. Those people have suffered the worst of the world's disasters whether it is earthquakes, tsunamis, volcano eruptions or even the dropping of the nuclear bomb. I am sure that most nations would have had a failing economy and poor development due to these issues but look at Japan.. They just keep advancing as if nothing happened. And, no one getting hurt in such an earthquake can be called as a 'miracle' in my country at least, where people die off quakes of 5.6 magnitude. I seriously wonder why people have misconceptions about them.

Yesterday, I realized that when we talk to an online friend for the first time on phone, we tend to go blank too many times. And it seems awkward that you go blank while talking to the same person with whom you keep exchanging PMs for hours together.
Actually, Japan's economy has been in shambles for a very long time, and their population is in a very severe crisis right now completely unrelated to nature's tendency to play practical jokes.

Speaking on the phone to online friends can often be awkward the first few times, until you become accustomed to the socialization aspect being upgraded from "I'm typing to my monitor" to "I'm speaking to another voice".
As compared to USD, maybe.. but as compared to INR, it has definitely risen after the Tsunami IIRC. At least everytime I check the conversion, JPY is always a little higher than last time..
Population crisis is there thats right.. but for a country which suffers population explosion(India), low Population is good. In many ways, Japan is like a role model for India.. but.. Corruption here is more than anything else so the day when India will be developed will be at least a few decades later.
(Mar. 15, 2012  5:09 AM)Hazel Wrote: Actually, Japan's economy has been in shambles for a very long time, and their population is in a very severe crisis right now completely unrelated to nature's tendency to play practical jokes.
They did a study and are blaming it on the weak nerdy men. But for the most part, they're saying it's because the teens for some reason aren't interested in relationships and that thing they might do during those (Shall not be discussed). I find this quite odd, and kinda hard to believe, but it may be true.

(Mar. 14, 2012  7:51 PM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: People say I'm a retard and a nerd for being into beyblade but, yeah, exactly, we are all nerds because we are on a site about spinning tops just you said th!nk. lolol. And were also like the pokemon champ, he doesn't have much dignity because he can't go up to some random person that doesn't like pokemon and rub it in their face that they won a tournament, just like other people that make fun of you for liking beyblade.

You realize that you get like a 5,000 scholarship for winning nationals, right. AND 2,500 dllars in prize money. I think you can rub that in many peoples faces.
(Mar. 15, 2012  8:06 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2012  5:09 AM)Hazel Wrote: Actually, Japan's economy has been in shambles for a very long time, and their population is in a very severe crisis right now completely unrelated to nature's tendency to play practical jokes.
They did a study and are blaming it on the weak nerdy men. But for the most part, they're saying it's because the teens for some reason aren't interested in relationships and that thing they might do during those (Shall not be discussed). I find this quite odd, and kinda hard to believe, but it may be true.

There's a lot of reasons for it, and some cannot be discussed here, yes. One of the major contributing factors, though, is just the repressed society in general. The typical norms for Japan are extremely different from what people in most other countries are used to. It also comes off as being heavily indicative that the country's penchant for holding to tradition regardless of the world around them is doing serious damage to their population, and has been destroying their economy for more than sixty years - Japan's been in the same economic rut for three times as long as I've been alive. Right now the yen is strong, but there's still a lot of ground to cover in getting on their feet, and they're going to have to start taking lessons from China's economic prowess if they want to survive.

(Mar. 15, 2012  8:16 PM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2012  7:51 PM)MFB Mad Master Wrote: People say I'm a retard and a nerd for being into beyblade but, yeah, exactly, we are all nerds because we are on a site about spinning tops just you said th!nk. lolol. And were also like the pokemon champ, he doesn't have much dignity because he can't go up to some random person that doesn't like pokemon and rub it in their face that they won a tournament, just like other people that make fun of you for liking beyblade.

You realize that you get like a 5,000 scholarship for winning nationals, right. AND 2,500 dllars in prize money. I think you can rub that in many peoples faces.

I think being a braggart is unacceptable in any particular scenario.

Being a feces-throwing child is only slightly worse.
(Mar. 15, 2012  8:16 PM)The Fire Wyrm Wrote: You realize that you get like a 5,000 scholarship for winning nationals, right. AND 2,500 dllars in prize money. I think you can rub that in many peoples faces.
I would rub it in big time. Especially to Mr Defecation, or whatever you would like to call him. XP

I feel miserable My friend swears and stuff all the time and i'm friends with his girlfriend too and she just hates swearing and all that so i tell his girlfriend about this stuff and today he got super pissed at me and said many words that should not be mentioned on this site, anyways he thinks i like her just because i tell her this stuff so he thinks i'm just trying to get them to brake up! and he told her that i like her which is untrue but i'm not sure how she'd react, so i'm not sure whether to tell her what he said or not. no matter what i'm going to lose a close friend......
Just get her to talk to him about talking like that. If he really does like her, he'll stop. As for what your friend said, just tell her it's not true, and give her your word on that (Unless it is true). Explain the situation. She'll probably understand.
Ok, thanks! He has a pretty big ego...
I am moving from Goldsboro, NC to Princeton, NC sometime early April. Still kinda nervous. I have no idea how I will feel after living on base for 10 years, now we're living in our own house, nobody tells us where to do. It belongs to us.

Anybody ever feel weird before or after moving?
(Mar. 15, 2012  11:58 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I am moving from Goldsboro, NC to Princeton, NC sometime early April. Still kinda nervous. I have no idea how I will feel after living on base for 10 years, now we're living in our own house, nobody tells us where to do. It belongs to us.

Anybody ever feel weird before or after moving?
Don't be nervous! I've moved 3 times and I learned that you just gotta face it head on! If you think you'll never see your friends, don't! When I moved from Nashville, Tennessee all the way to Calvert City, Kentucky I was only 7. I was missing my friends so my mom told me that a very strong friendship can even last overseas! I was only 7 so that's why it seems like something a bit childish. Anyway, just try to make good first impression at your new school, especially since your in high-school! First impression can be vital in making friends!!! Hope I helped!
~Karl
So, UPS gave me the go that by 10:30 my iPad 3 will be here....
YEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
@DEF
Welcome to freedom my friend! Moving ain't so bad, you'll get used to it like I have. Just screw with your beys until you get some new friends, like I did (Well, I was more "video nerd cave" kinda thing, lol).
(Mar. 16, 2012  5:11 AM)WabbitStore Wrote: So, UPS gave me the go that by 10:30 my iPad 3 will be here....
oh derp.
mine's being shipped on the 22nd.

damn me for preordering late ):
(Mar. 15, 2012  11:58 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Anybody ever feel weird before or after moving?

Most people do, nothing new in that. I have moved 4 times.
It takes a little time to adjust, but its OK.

Actually, I was just reading Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul today, and half the stories I read as of now were related to "moving to a new place"...
I guess that has been the basis of most of the incidents mentioned there, and as most of the stories in Chicken Soup are heartrending, it shows how much it affects people... Smile

blah- At least you are getting it. Eee
6 days to go..... *tick tock* *tick tock*

EDIT- 5,000 posts, yeah!!!