Questions about the WBO

(May. 13, 2020  6:41 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Either, they're both rules that apply to threads in the section they're in.

Think of our Community Rules as a ruleset that applies everywhere, regardless of the thread, and our Subforum Rules as additional rules that threads in that subforum must follow. If a thread or post breaks rules from either set, the report option "Breaks forum rules" is perfectly applicable.
Thank you! I’ve had that question for a bit so it’s nice to have it answered.
My question is: How long does it normally take for rankings to be updated?

Also, is this the wrong thread? I don't even know anymore
(May. 13, 2020  9:46 PM)BusyBlader Wrote: My question is: How long does it normally take for rankings to be updated?

Also, is this the wrong thread? I don't even know anymore

It typically depends, but most of the time it's around 2-3 months.
We've actually completely caught up on the backlog now, so you can expect processing to be "ASAP after documentation is submitted" going forward. I'd like to say that'll be within a week of documentation being received, but we make zero guarantees for obvious reasons.

At the very least, it's definitely not going to be 2-3 month wait anymore, and there's no excuse for it to be that long given our progress in this area, haha.
Hmmm. The “View Forum Team” button is disabled, and ~Mana~ is viewing Moderator CP… What’s going on?
So I was just copying and pasting the link to the become an organizer page for another member, and while reading through it I realized: Where is the part about needing a B-09 or B-33 standard stadium? I mean, I did see this: "Bring appropriate equipment and supplies to the tournament venue", but I think the stadium thing should be clarified so users don't become an organizer and host one with a hasbro stadium without knowing.
(May. 14, 2020  9:20 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: So I was just copying and pasting the link to the become an organizer page for another member, and while reading through it I realized: Where is the part about needing a B-09 or B-33 standard stadium? I mean, I did see this: "Bring appropriate equipment and supplies to the tournament venue", but I think the stadium thing should be clarified so users don't become an organizer and host one with a hasbro stadium without knowing.

The "appropriate equipment" is defined precisely in the rulebooks for each format and the Organizer's Guide, which Organizers are expected to be familiar with.
Hmm. ~Mana~ is viewing the Moderator log. I’m now very curious of what’s going on.
(May. 19, 2020  9:07 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Hmm. ~Mana~ is viewing the Moderator log. I’m now very curious of what’s going on.

Please stop actively stalking our activities on WBO. It's very disconcerting. People don't like being actively tracked. I feel you might have a career ahead of you at the FBI, where you could perform lawful surveillance activities on US citizens for law enforcement purposes. But you don't work there yet!
I have been seeing beyblade team threads (ie carolina spriggans,lighting red longinuses) and am thinking of making a team of my own, anyway I was wondering what I need and what I need to know to make a team.

If anyone has advice that would be great!
(May. 19, 2020  9:16 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(May. 19, 2020  9:07 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Hmm. ~Mana~ is viewing the Moderator log. I’m now very curious of what’s going on.

Please stop actively stalking our activities on WBO. It's very disconcerting. People don't like being actively tracked. I feel you might have a career ahead of you at the FBI, where you could perform lawful surveillance activities on US citizens for law enforcement purposes. But you don't work there yet!
I’m not intentionally doing it. I just click on Who’s Online to see if some of my friends are online or AFK, and then what Kei or ~Mana~ are doing if they’re online appears.

If people have a problem with other people being able to see what they’re doing, they can change that.
(May. 19, 2020  10:09 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’m not intentionally doing it. I just click on Who’s Online to see if some of my friends are online or AFK, and then what Kei or ~Mana~ are doing if they’re online appears.

If people have a problem with other people being able to see what they’re doing, they can change that.

You're absolutely welcome to use the Who's Online feature. However, posting about inconsequential findings doesn't really amount to anything many people want to read. Staff are always making changes to the website and making use of things like the Moderator log. If it's anything substantial, it will be posted about in the News forum or elsewhere, rest assured!
(May. 19, 2020  11:04 PM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 19, 2020  10:09 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I’m not intentionally doing it. I just click on Who’s Online to see if some of my friends are online or AFK, and then what Kei or ~Mana~ are doing if they’re online appears.

You're absolutely welcome to use the Who's Online feature. However, posting about inconsequential findings doesn't really amount to anything many people want to read. Staff are always making changes to the website and making use of things like the Moderator log. If it's anything substantial, it will be posted about in the News forum or elsewhere, rest assured!
So making someone a moderator (I’m talking about back in December) isn’t substantial enough? Alright, that seems a little off, but I’m sure you have an explanation for that.

Also, I have a question for the WBO. Do Kei or ~Mana~ still check the “Make your suggestions” thread? Just asking because the last post in there from anyone who’s a Contributor, Moderator, or on the Committee, is from August 7th/8th.
What happened to older members like Bey Brad, G, Annie and otehrs. Did they leave a parting message?
(May. 20, 2020  12:30 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: So making someone a moderator (I’m talking about back in December) isn’t substantial enough? Alright, that seems a little off, but I’m sure you have an explanation for that.

Also, I have a question for the WBO. Do Kei or ~Mana~ still check the “Make your suggestions” thread? Just asking because the last post in there from anyone who’s a Contributor, Moderator, or on the Committee, is from August 7th/8th.

We do usually announce in some fashion when moderators/new staff members are added, but that might have been one which fell through the cracks for whatever reason. I can't recall the exact reason. We're all volunteers and sometimes things like that can happen!

I can't speak for everyone else, but I do of course check it.
(May. 20, 2020  3:23 AM)Kei Wrote:
(May. 20, 2020  12:30 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: So making someone a moderator (I’m talking about back in December) isn’t substantial enough? Alright, that seems a little off, but I’m sure you have an explanation for that.

We do usually announce in some fashion when moderators/new staff members are added, but that might have been one which fell through the cracks for whatever reason. I can't recall the exact reason. We're all volunteers and sometimes things like that can happen!

I can't speak for everyone else, but I do of course check it.
I mean, it was near the holidays as well, so maybe that was it.

What do you think of some of the suggestions?
Does anyone know how to change my name?
(May. 21, 2020  7:44 PM)Blader Boy7 Wrote: Does anyone know how to change my name?

You cannot. Once you have your username, you keep it.
(May. 21, 2020  7:44 PM)Blader Boy7 Wrote: Does anyone know how to change my name?
You cannot as you’ve participated in a tournament that has been processed into the rankings. But if you hadn’t, I remember reading somewhere that ~Mana~ could do it as a one time thing. I don’t remember where, of course.
We ultimately prefer not to for technical reasons. However as said above, if you don't have any processed tournaments attached to your account, you can PM me for a one-time change of username. Just make sure you think about it and choose wisely before using that one-time change, haha.
I believe awhile back there were bits given to people who had certain amounts of Beyblades. Are those still a thing?
Can we still add pictures in our signature? I'm having trouble putting a picture up even after using the [img] tags. I use imgur for uploading the pictures and it shows up as a small square box. Could someone help me out?
(Jun. 02, 2020  8:05 AM)Dragoonrocks Wrote: Can we still add pictures in our signature? I'm having trouble putting a picture up even after using the [img] tags. I use imgur for uploading the pictures and it shows up as a small square box. Could someone help me out?

I think there are a few ways to do this, but I'll tell you the way I did it.
Go to your profile, and then select settings. Once you're there, select edit profile. Once you've done that, you should see a "Signature" option. Select that.
Scroll down to edit signature, and then right below edit signature, you'll see little icons that do different things. Click the one that looks like a picture.
From there it will ask you to insert a URL, and the dimensions of the image (optional). Click the insert button and you should be good to go.
I hope this helps. Smile
(May. 22, 2020  6:46 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I believe awhile back there were bits given to people who had certain amounts of Beyblades. Are those still a thing?

Yes, but we're currently reworking some of our Bits system to make it more intuitive and rewarding. Stay tuned for more information soon!

(Jun. 02, 2020  8:05 AM)Dragoonrocks Wrote: Can we still add pictures in our signature? I'm having trouble putting a picture up even after using the [img] tags. I use imgur for uploading the pictures and it shows up as a small square box. Could someone help me out?

You definitely can, though it might be imgur preventing the embed on their end. It isn't unheard of and I believe that was disabled at one point in the past, so it might be worth using a different platform if needed.
Why is Blader DJ still on the committee? He doesn’t seem active. At all.