Q&A with the VAs of Zeo & Toby

This is the thread to ask them all your questions, however, please read the following before asking them any questions:

The DON'Ts:

1. DON'T ask them anything too personal such as theid address/phone number, where he lives, or anything like that.

2. DON'T bother them about enabling PM's.

3. DON'T ask them dumb questions that have already been answered.

4. DON'T be rude.

5. DON'T push, or force them to answer your question. If they don't answer your specific question, then they have good reason to not answer it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be kind, and be respectful. Thank you!
I can't believe its some one from WBO XD

Q: How excited are you to be playing Zeo?!

take your time to answer.
(Aug. 21, 2011  8:46 AM)BeyCenter Wrote: I can't believe its some one from WBO XD

take your time to answer.
I'd like to know as well.

Oh wow! Its so good to know that Zeo Abyss' VA is a part of WBO! Grin
OK, so now my question is,
What are your views about Zeo, and his part in the anime as a whole?

You may answer this if you like to. Smile
lol, his Voice actor on the WBO...
Use his fame to increase the members....lol jkes but really...
1. How is the WBO for yourself and do you enjoy acting or looking forward to voicing him?
Q. In what country does the dubbing take place? Canada, USA? Thanks Wink
Q. How do they change the mouths of the characters? DO they re-animate? Sometimes, it fits so well. I thought they just used to use the done animation and just dub. SO basicaly, how do they fit the dub with the characters mouth without re-animating the anime?
Do you think zeo is the right character for you?
People, let him answer a few question before you bombard him with more.
Uhhh Yeah.... agreed i guess......
Thanks a bunch for making this thread and its guidelines, Dranzer!

(Aug. 21, 2011  8:46 AM)BeyCenter Wrote: I can't believe its some one from WBO XD

Watch me give the long answer to such a simple, but good question. Tongue_out_wink

It's kinda funny. When I first found out my audition for Zeo was chosen, I was thrilled and terrified at the same time! Most any VA is happy to be working, even in commercials, but I also had no idea what I was getting into at first. I didn't know about Metal Fusion, and thought all the Beyblade anime had ended years ago with Tyson's story. I'd also only done cartoons before, so I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to adjust to the anime style.

Though, now that I've finished recording for Metal Masters, everything went way more smoothly than I ever could've imagined. I think Zeo gets to do a lot of really cool stuff, and I absolutely loved learning his character's story. I've actually never been so excited to hear my finished work on TV, and hope that many will enjoy watching Zeo's episodes, as much I enjoyed recording for them.

(Aug. 21, 2011  9:15 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: What are your views about Zeo, and his part in the anime as a whole?

I think Zeo is a fantastic, well-rounded character, with a story that's very easy to relate to. When you get right down to it, he's an extremely loyal friend, faced with many obstacles and difficult choices in his path. He may resort to some very desperate measures, but he always remains determined and convinced that he's doing the right, unselfish thing.

I'm also very happy with his place in the anime as a whole. I feel like someone who's never watched Beyblade before can just jump right in the moment his character is introduced, and easily follow along with the story for the rest of the season. Yes, I'm a little sad he's not doing nearly as much in 4D, but it makes sense, story-wise. I think it's still a neat bonus that we get to see him again at all.

(Aug. 21, 2011  10:00 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: lol, his Voice actor on the WBO...
Use his fame to increase the members....lol jkes but really...
1. How is the WBO for yourself?

I've never been involved with a production that's had this kind of huge, devoted following, and I find it all very interesting. I normally shy away from fan interaction, but I think this is a really neat, and well-managed community. While I haven't posted much yet, I really appreciate that everyone's been so very kind and polite.

(Aug. 21, 2011  3:43 PM)Trev Wrote: Q. In what country does the dubbing take place? Canada, USA? Thanks Wink
All the English production work is based in Toronto.

(Aug. 21, 2011  3:46 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Q. How do they change the mouths of the characters? DO they re-animate? Sometimes, it fits so well. I thought they just used to use the done animation and just dub. SO basicaly, how do they fit the dub with the characters mouth without re-animating the anime?

It's very, verrrry rare that a mouth movement will be changed for the dub. 3 factors really make it all work: The writers, the actors, and the audio engineers. When we actors go in to record, we watch the anime scene on a monitor, without any audio. As the scene plays, the script lines are highlighted across the bottom of the monitor, at the speed we have to say them, just like a karaoke machine. If a line feels too long or short for us to fit the characters lip flaps and sound natural, we may ask to add or remove some words in the script.

Next stage is audio engineering. They use computer software to cut, stretch, and shrink our recordings here and there, to make our acting match the lip flaps even better. It's really amazing to me how much difference they can make to a line, with just a few seconds of work. Sometimes I think they may actually be wizards.

(Aug. 21, 2011  4:53 PM)Poison pegasus Wrote: Do you think zeo is the right character for you?

I don't think any character I've seen in the series could've been a better fit for me than Zeo, and I feel very fortunate to have been trusted with the role. It was very easy for me to understand his motivations and struggles, and as an actor I got to show a whole lot of emotional range.
(Aug. 21, 2011  8:25 PM)Zeo Mac Wrote:
(Aug. 21, 2011  3:43 PM)Trev Wrote: Q. In what country does the dubbing take place? Canada, USA? Thanks Wink
All the English production work is based in Toronto.

Aww yeah this is so cool, my favorite character!
Toronto, eh? Could this be the Corus/YTV building very close to me? :V

Oh yeah; how did you get into VA'ing%Pr
Q. Have you seen the character that has played Gingka?
OAN I've gotten called to an agency for an audition for a new CBS show. Very excited Wink
Yeah, sorry, I kinda have two questions :L

Q. How did you react when you found out you go the role?

and

Q. How did you apply for the Voice Actor part? I think I'd make a great King xD
Hello Mac thanks for coming here and answering questions we have, the answers you have given are very interesting Grin

My question would be how much of the older (Tyson's story) and newer (Gingka's story) Beyblade anime have you seen so far?

Btw Trev that is awesome, best of luck with your audition.
Thanks for answering my question, your answer was very interesting. I really don't mind it was long at all. I can't wait to see your work! Grin
(Aug. 21, 2011  10:46 PM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote: Btw Trev that is awesome, best of luck with your audition.
Thanks!!
Hi Mac wow I feel jealous but proud that the voice actor is from the WBO.
Q: Did you have a hard time with the recording???
how was the script compared to The MFB series (If you know what it was)

And yeah have you seen Ginga's V.A ???
I wonder how he looks (is he going through puberty?? LOL)
A serious question : Are you well directed ?

Because frankly, with a few of the voices and voice acting we have gotten in the past Beyblade Metal Fusion episodes, it does not really seem like it, hah. Would you say that the success of your voice acting is really majorily due to your own motivation and skill, or was there someone who really "shaped you up" to do the part in a great way ?
Do you plan to do what some Beyblade VAs like David Reale did and voice another character? If you do, would you want to voice a character that is like Zeo?
Hey everyone,
My buddy just sent this thread to me. I'm the voice actor who plays Toby/Faust (Zeo's buddy).

Hey Zeo Mac!
How much fun did you have working with Debra? Isn't she AWESOME!?

(For anyone else in this thread: Debra was our director)
(Aug. 22, 2011  1:48 AM)Toby_Faust Wrote: Hey everyone,
My buddy just sent this thread to me. I'm the voice actor who plays Toby/Faust (Zeo's buddy).

Hey Zeo Mac!

Awesome now we got two actors on here!!!
I have a question for you Toby
QGrinid you change your voice when switching between Toby and Faust or did you keep the same voice (Because I am pretty sure they have different voices)
(Aug. 22, 2011  1:52 AM)InfiniteLibra Wrote:
(Aug. 22, 2011  1:48 AM)Toby_Faust Wrote: Hey everyone,

Hey Zeo Mac!

Awesome now we got two actors on here!!!
I have a question for you Toby
QGrinid you change your voice when switching between Toby and Faust or did you keep the same voice (Because I am pretty sure they have different voices)

Hey there,
Yeah, actually it's kind of funny. I had a cold the day we changed the voice, so the voice I had planned on doing got scrapped for an even deeper one. If you listen carefully (when it finally comes out) Toby has 4 different voices. One for when you first meet him, one for the flash backs (it's a little higher), one for when he's Faust, and then in the final episode of the season a fourth voice that splits the difference between the good and evil voices.
Ha that's funny.
Q: Will you be the voice for Toby in Metal Fury/4D as well?