Thread Rating:
  • 27 Votes - 4.15 Average

Q&A with the VAs of Zeo & Toby
DranzerX13

火竜の咆哮
(This post was last modified: Aug 22 2011 02:22 AM by DranzerX13.)
This is the thread to ask them all your questions, however, please read the following before asking them any questions:

The DON'Ts:

1. DON'T ask them anything too personal such as theid address/phone number, where he lives, or anything like that.

2. DON'T bother them about enabling PM's.

3. DON'T ask them dumb questions that have already been answered.

4. DON'T be rude.

5. DON'T push, or force them to answer your question. If they don't answer your specific question, then they have good reason to not answer it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please be kind, and be respectful. Thank you!
Aug 21 2011 08:03 AM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
BeyCenter

BeyRank: #521 (1,119)
Gold FaceFace of Days IISilver Face

I can't believe its some one from WBO Pinching_grin

Q: How excited are you to be playing Zeo?!

take your time to answer.

[Image: 2s923dh.jpg]
Aug 21 2011 08:46 AM
CyberBlader27

TrippleBeefBlader

(Aug 21 2011 08:46 AM)BeyCenter Wrote:  I can't believe its some one from WBO Pinching_grin

take your time to answer.
I'd like to know as well.

[Image: fb6571e14fa1ae856f2ebc1.png]
Youtube! l MA Bladers! l FiNal DrivE! l BlueBomberForums! l Dragon Adopters!
Aug 21 2011 09:05 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Janstarblast

KAI-NETIC ENERGY
BeyRank: #231 (1,223)
Antique FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IIIAres FaceAnniversary Face 2012Uranus FaceCoro Dragon FaceByxis FaceGold FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVEmerald FaceSapphire FaceAnniversary Face 2013

Oh wow! Its so good to know that Zeo Abyss' VA is a part of WBO! Grin
OK, so now my question is,
What are your views about Zeo, and his part in the anime as a whole?

You may answer this if you like to. Smile

[Image: janstarblastsignature.jpg]
Team IB Revolutions
Thanks to N0body for the avatar and Synth for the signature!
Aug 21 2011 09:15 AM
Away Find all posts by this user
KaizerMFB

I R lurking
Draciel FaceRose Gold FaceAntique FaceUranus Face

lol, his Voice actor on the WBO...
Use his fame to increase the members....lol jkes but really...
1. How is the WBO for yourself and do you enjoy acting or looking forward to voicing him?

[Image: 5jzOo.jpg]
Official KaizerMFB Youtube Channel!
Collection of 15/01/12
Aug 21 2011 10:00 AM
Tahme

Vet.

Q. In what country does the dubbing take place? Canada, USA? Thanks Wink

[Image: sdamoncronoussigv28.png]
Props to my boy : SDamonCronous
Aug 21 2011 03:43 PM
BeybladeStation

SNAP BACK TO REALITY
BeyRank: #325 (1,178)
Antique FaceGold FaceSilver Face

Q. How do they change the mouths of the characters? DO they re-animate? Sometimes, it fits so well. I thought they just used to use the done animation and just dub. SO basicaly, how do they fit the dub with the characters mouth without re-animating the anime?

[Image: olz5u.png]
Aug 21 2011 03:46 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Do you think zeo is the right character for you?

[Image: 511Vm.jpg]
Credits to Xyo for the awesome sig!Be sure to visit his sig shop!

If your looking for a awesome story...http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BeyStory-Into-The-Furnace?page=2 <====This is what your lookin for!
Aug 21 2011 04:53 PM
CyberBlader27

TrippleBeefBlader

People, let him answer a few question before you bombard him with more.

[Image: fb6571e14fa1ae856f2ebc1.png]
Youtube! l MA Bladers! l FiNal DrivE! l BlueBomberForums! l Dragon Adopters!
Aug 21 2011 04:59 PM

Uhhh Yeah.... agreed i guess......

[Image: 511Vm.jpg]
Credits to Xyo for the awesome sig!Be sure to visit his sig shop!

If your looking for a awesome story...http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BeyStory-Into-The-Furnace?page=2 <====This is what your lookin for!
Aug 21 2011 05:01 PM
(This post was last modified: Aug 21 2011 08:54 PM by Zeo Mac.)
Thanks a bunch for making this thread and its guidelines, Dranzer!

(Aug 21 2011 08:46 AM)BeyCenter Wrote:  I can't believe its some one from WBO Pinching_grin

Watch me give the long answer to such a simple, but good question. Tongue_out_wink

It's kinda funny. When I first found out my audition for Zeo was chosen, I was thrilled and terrified at the same time! Most any VA is happy to be working, even in commercials, but I also had no idea what I was getting into at first. I didn't know about Metal Fusion, and thought all the Beyblade anime had ended years ago with Tyson's story. I'd also only done cartoons before, so I was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to adjust to the anime style.

Though, now that I've finished recording for Metal Masters, everything went way more smoothly than I ever could've imagined. I think Zeo gets to do a lot of really cool stuff, and I absolutely loved learning his character's story. I've actually never been so excited to hear my finished work on TV, and hope that many will enjoy watching Zeo's episodes, as much I enjoyed recording for them.

(Aug 21 2011 09:15 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:  What are your views about Zeo, and his part in the anime as a whole?

I think Zeo is a fantastic, well-rounded character, with a story that's very easy to relate to. When you get right down to it, he's an extremely loyal friend, faced with many obstacles and difficult choices in his path. He may resort to some very desperate measures, but he always remains determined and convinced that he's doing the right, unselfish thing.

I'm also very happy with his place in the anime as a whole. I feel like someone who's never watched Beyblade before can just jump right in the moment his character is introduced, and easily follow along with the story for the rest of the season. Yes, I'm a little sad he's not doing nearly as much in 4D, but it makes sense, story-wise. I think it's still a neat bonus that we get to see him again at all.

(Aug 21 2011 10:00 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote:  lol, his Voice actor on the WBO...
Use his fame to increase the members....lol jkes but really...
1. How is the WBO for yourself?

I've never been involved with a production that's had this kind of huge, devoted following, and I find it all very interesting. I normally shy away from fan interaction, but I think this is a really neat, and well-managed community. While I haven't posted much yet, I really appreciate that everyone's been so very kind and polite.

(Aug 21 2011 03:43 PM)Trev Wrote:  Q. In what country does the dubbing take place? Canada, USA? Thanks Wink
All the English production work is based in Toronto.

(Aug 21 2011 03:46 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:  Q. How do they change the mouths of the characters? DO they re-animate? Sometimes, it fits so well. I thought they just used to use the done animation and just dub. SO basicaly, how do they fit the dub with the characters mouth without re-animating the anime?

It's very, verrrry rare that a mouth movement will be changed for the dub. 3 factors really make it all work: The writers, the actors, and the audio engineers. When we actors go in to record, we watch the anime scene on a monitor, without any audio. As the scene plays, the script lines are highlighted across the bottom of the monitor, at the speed we have to say them, just like a karaoke machine. If a line feels too long or short for us to fit the characters lip flaps and sound natural, we may ask to add or remove some words in the script.

Next stage is audio engineering. They use computer software to cut, stretch, and shrink our recordings here and there, to make our acting match the lip flaps even better. It's really amazing to me how much difference they can make to a line, with just a few seconds of work. Sometimes I think they may actually be wizards.

(Aug 21 2011 04:53 PM)Poison pegasus Wrote:  Do you think zeo is the right character for you?

I don't think any character I've seen in the series could've been a better fit for me than Zeo, and I feel very fortunate to have been trusted with the role. It was very easy for me to understand his motivations and struggles, and as an actor I got to show a whole lot of emotional range.

You can simply call me "Mac". I'm the English voice of Zeo Abyss.
Facebook.com/MacTheActor
Aug 21 2011 08:25 PM
benthebeyboy

Stamina Master

What is your favorite bey? I`m assuming Byxis?

My YouTube Channel! Come check it out!
Aug 21 2011 08:56 PM
Dan

WORLDWAR2CHAINZ
BeyRank: #378 (1,156)
Antique FaceDJ FaceAmber FaceAnubis FaceWolborg FaceLapis Lazuli FaceAlexandrite Face
(This post was last modified: Aug 21 2011 09:41 PM by Dan.)
(Aug 21 2011 08:25 PM)Zeo Mac Wrote:  
(Aug 21 2011 03:43 PM)Trev Wrote:  Q. In what country does the dubbing take place? Canada, USA? Thanks Wink
All the English production work is based in Toronto.

Aww yeah this is so cool, my favorite character!
Toronto, eh? Could this be the Corus/YTV building very close to me? :V

Oh yeah; how did you get into VA'ing%Pr

[Image: dansignature21.gif]
shout out 2 kai-v
Aug 21 2011 09:12 PM
Tahme

Vet.

Q. Have you seen the character that has played Gingka?
OAN I've gotten called to an agency for an audition for a new CBS show. Very excited Wink

Aug 21 2011 09:26 PM
~Mana~

Bring it to 'em!
Cygnus Face

Yeah, sorry, I kinda have two questions :L

Q. How did you react when you found out you go the role?

and

Q. How did you apply for the Voice Actor part? I think I'd make a great King Pinching_grin

[Image: Wiki-wordmark.png] [Image: Wiki-wordmark.png]
Administrator/Bureaucrat at Beyblade Wiki, owner of B-Daman Wiki.
If you have any queries about either Wiki, leave me a message and I'll reply ASAP.

If you have any queries about the WBO, or anything Anime/Manga related, you can also leave me a message and I'll reply when I see it.
Aug 21 2011 09:45 PM
Killer-Kirsty

Hug me!
(This post was last modified: Aug 21 2011 10:53 PM by Killer-Kirsty.)
Hello Mac thanks for coming here and answering questions we have, the answers you have given are very interesting Grin

My question would be how much of the older (Tyson's story) and newer (Gingka's story) Beyblade anime have you seen so far?

Btw Trev that is awesome, best of luck with your audition.

previously known as Kirst-Mizuhime

Worst Ninja ever!

Gingka bells!!!!!!!!
Aug 21 2011 10:46 PM
BeyCenter

BeyRank: #521 (1,119)
Gold FaceFace of Days IISilver Face

Thanks for answering my question, your answer was very interesting. I really don't mind it was long at all. I can't wait to see your work! Grin

[Image: 2s923dh.jpg]
Aug 22 2011 12:02 AM
Tahme

Vet.

(Aug 21 2011 10:46 PM)Kirst-Mizuhime Wrote:  Btw Trev that is awesome, best of luck with your audition.
Thanks!!

Aug 22 2011 12:03 AM
H8R

Sup' Mortals B|
Rose Gold Face

Hi Mac wow I feel jealous but proud that the voice actor is from the WBO.
Q: Did you have a hard time with the recording???
how was the script compared to The MFB series (If you know what it was)

And yeah have you seen Ginga's V.A ???
I wonder how he looks (is he going through puberty?? LOL)

[Image: H8Rs-Sig-1.gif]
thanks to izuma inzori for the Incredible Sig! My youtube
Aug 22 2011 12:08 AM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #532 (1,116)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days VEmerald Face

A serious question : Are you well directed ?

Because frankly, with a few of the voices and voice acting we have gotten in the past Beyblade Metal Fusion episodes, it does not really seem like it, hah. Would you say that the success of your voice acting is really majorily due to your own motivation and skill, or was there someone who really "shaped you up" to do the part in a great way ?

[Image: UeGedi8.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Aug 22 2011 12:15 AM