Proposal: Rethinking the Participant Limit

Poll: Should the limit be changed to 7?

Yes, it'd help the WBO.
86.49%
No.
13.51%
Total: 100% 37 vote(s)
Hate to double post, but anything on the fake event being processed?
I'd hate to bump, but can we get any confirmation that this will be tested (processing a 7/6 person event) in the future?
(Jul. 18, 2014  11:45 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I'd hate to bump, but can we get any confirmation that this will be tested (processing a 7/6 person event) in the future?
Yes, because we spent so much time posting our arguments here and the committee said they would process a fake event. I don't want all that to go to waste.

We should have the fake event processed soon especially since the committee said that they will be halting processing events due to the wave
(Jul. 18, 2014  9:10 PM)Lord Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2014  11:45 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I'd hate to bump, but can we get any confirmation that this will be tested (processing a 7/6 person event) in the future?
Yes, because we spent so much time posting our arguments here and the committee said they would process a fake event. I don't want all that to go to waste.

We should have the fake event processed soon especially since the committee said that they will be halting processing events due to the wave

Yeah, I know the committee is probably focusing on things like the Lotto and contest judging, but I really don't want this propposal to go to waste.
How's it going to waste? Things like this just take time.
(Jul. 19, 2014  3:49 PM)Echizen Wrote: How's it going to waste? Things like this just take time.

I understand it takes time- I meant that since there wasn't posts in a while and there hasn't been confirmation of attempting to process it (yet), so I didn't want the idea to be quickly forgotten.
After looking through some topics- I forgot about this for a bit. Can we get any official (Committee) update on how this is/was going? Thanks. Tongue_out
(Oct. 27, 2014  2:44 AM)Leone19 Wrote: After looking through some topics- I forgot about this for a bit. Can we get any official (Committee) update on how this is/was going? Thanks. Tongue_out

We haven't forgotten about this! Right now it is entirely an issue of how to make this work, and how to make it fair with the BeyPoints System.

We have a plan in place that will work for smaller tournaments (stuff like reduced Credits, only Gold Face awarded, etc.), but as we have alluded to in this thread, there are issues with how the tournament size multiplier would work with smaller tournaments. Currently, it is possible for us to process smaller tournaments, but the tournament size multiplier for the BeyPoints would be so low that it would be pointless for highly ranked Bladers to play. Perfection would be mandatory if they wanted any chance of earning BeyPoints rather than losing them. If we can, we want to avoid any situation where a Blader would inherently be discouraged from playing if they cared about their ranking.

To fix this, we need to modify how the BeyPoint System tournament multiplier works, both on the low end and probably also the high end. Right now we are planning to look for a programmer who can help us do this, among other additional features like a separate Team Ranking. No promises right now, but know that it is something we are actively having discussions about.
Great to hear something is in the works.

I'm happy to know this is definitely a possability. Thanks for the update, Kei.
Thought I'd just share my experience hosting The Leaves have Fallen and Frost Approaches, a Limited Format event with only seven attendees because of plenty cancelling final moment and where I stand on a couple of things:

Tournaments with 6-7 attendees can be a good thing on most occasion: While it does discourage organizers to not to try that hard to get a fair amount of attendees, this truly benefit regions that generally don't get such an amazing amount of attendees or in cold weather, which was why we lost a couple of attendees this tournament.

Also, here are a couple of opinions off of Kei's post what was mentioned as well as minimizing a couple of things:

Less Credits : It depends on what occasion: I'd say it should be shortened for making the top three, although not for hosting, attending, winning the majority of matches and for hosting, of course.

Less Faces : Yup, definitely. Faces for first and second would be best, in my opinion, considering the lack of attendees. Take this, for say: there is a tournament of six attendees and Echizen places third. He would technically be the borderline of the tournament, which always isn't the case. Maybe, a new face design can be brought into consideration when this is looked into furthermore, too!

Congrats, @[Leone19] , This managed to work out, dude! Grin
Just want to be clear: this event hasn't been made 'official' yet. I simply suggested we do it today because it is something we have been talking about and are hoping to implement soon, and because I didn't want us to have wasted our time by showing up.

The event itself was great, so hopefully we can sort things out soon so that if we reduce the minimum now there won't be a huge backlog created between the time now when we cannot process them (thus delaying future regular tournaments) and when we are able to get the BP System updated. Worst case scenario we might just not process them, but award Credits/Faces, but we'll see.
Wow, good to hear this worked well, in the end.

Hopefully that event does becomes official of some sort and can be processed in the future.

Keep us updated, Kei. Tongue_out
By the way, I also thought I'd mention how quickly we managed to get it done. We were able to get The Leaves have Fallen and Frost Approaches finished in a tad over an hour, with only twenty two official matches to get done, including a tie for second and third between Bladerkid2414 and JesseObre which don't always necessarily need to happen, too.

Right now, I still do think if this does manage to work with the BP System, events with six or seven attendees would be able to work out, with limited credits, faces and the things I mentioned above, though. Tongue_out
(Nov. 27, 2014  3:31 AM)Shido Wrote: By the way, I also thought I'd mention how quickly we managed to get it done. We were able to get The Leaves have Fallen and Frost Approaches finished in a tad over an hour, with only twenty two official matches to get done, including a tie for second and third between Bladerkid2414 and JesseObre which don't always necessarily need to happen, too.

Right now, I still do think if this does manage to work with the BP System, events with six or seven attendees would be able to work out, with limited credits, faces and the things I mentioned above, though. Tongue_out

Great to hear that you enjoyed it. I'm happy to hear you really liked it.
We won't be able to do Team Format with 6/7 Attendees, just to point that out.
Nor could you do it with 8, but the point is to allow for tournaments when 8 people simply can't be found. So a tournament with 6 people would be better than a cancelled team tournament or something.
(Nov. 27, 2014  8:06 PM)Dual Wrote: Nor could you do it with 8, but the point is to allow for tournaments when 8 people simply can't be found. So a tournament with 6 people would be better than a cancelled team tournament or something.

Yeah.

This was posted a few months before Team was anyways, so it can be implied this isn't for Team, haha.
Pleased to say as of this evening, this is officially a thing. After writing this up in June, we can now have 7-player official tournaments. Thank you committee. Tongue_out
So what are the special conditions under which the tournament would be run?
(Feb. 19, 2015  2:44 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: So what are the special conditions under which the tournament would be run?

There are no special conditions : a starting area could host tournaments with only seven players because that is all they can find, a regular tournament scene could (sadly) do the same, or an event with initially eight confirmed participants could be saved from cancellation if they are at least seven. It is just what you gan from those tournaments that changes.
(Feb. 19, 2015  3:22 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2015  2:44 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: So what are the special conditions under which the tournament would be run?

There are no special conditions : a starting area could host tournaments with only seven players because that is all they can find, a regular tournament scene could (sadly) do the same, or an event with initially eight confirmed participants could be saved from cancellation if they are at least seven. It is just what you gan from those tournaments that changes.
Yes that is what I'm asking. What is the difference insist you gain?
It says at the top of the scavenger hunt results post.

Only the gold face will be given out and the amount of credits you could receieve with more than 7 people is reduced.
Yes, announcements are always important to read in full :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Scavenge...st-Winners
(Feb. 19, 2015  7:44 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, announcements are always important to read in full :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Scavenge...st-Winners
Until Tri had mentioned it, I didn't even know there had been the announcement lol.
Wow, such great news, I'm really glad we went through with this!

Sucks the number of faces and credits are brought down, though; like I mean, it's realistically not such a difference in attendee number from a tournament with eight or above. Just my opinion, though. Most importantly, we are processing the events, which should matter most. Tongue_out

EDIT: Since it's only the 1st place winner that's getting a ''place face'', if there are any other ties from first to third place aside from first, would those actually need to be done?