Project: Competitive Talks

Competitive Talk Videos
By: 1234beyblade

Purpose: To show visual examples of components in the WBO competitive meta-game to new and casual bladers.

Current Episodes:

Planned Episodes:

I am certain this will help new and casual bladers become more knowledgeable of the competitive scene because sometimes just words aren't easy to understand, I know this is true because when I was learning Plastics/HMS everything was confusing to me, but I still managed to learn it, the problem is that it probably took a lot longer than just getting visual examples of what combos you can make ect. Wombat helped me understand his Zombie combo by making a video explaining it, which just shows the power of visual examples.

Just a side note I will be including other members from the WBO in the mentors circle to help further explain the topic of an episode. I will keep the first three nice and simple though, so I will try adding others into this from episode 4 and onward.
This is a good idea, but I know Brad had plans for similar videos. Whoever does it though, it would probably be beneficial to host them on the BeyChannel, if possible. Would anybody agree to that ?
Lol @[1234beyblade] aren't you taking some of these ideas from Brad and I eh? EH!?

All joking aside, I agree with Kai-V and I'm sure @[Bey Brad] would want such videos on beychannel anyway, since he was gonna do something similar.

I certainly don't mind helping out, considering I was gonna do something like this anyway. It might be better to collaborate to create high-quality content rather than have multiple videos all showing different versions of the same thing.
I definitely agree about using BeyChannel. I think Hubert's 1234beyblade Youtube channel has just about a big of a fanbase that there is for BeyChannel, but with lack of new types of things to upload on it it'd be pretty cool to have something like that up there, rather.

But honestly, very cool idea. I know osu!academy does some sort of weekly talk show with some more well-known members (in our case being Mentors on the site). It'd be cool if we can do something similar!
I think this is a great idea. Maybe something to add would be how different regions have different meta's for example in London mfb it's mostly stamina based etc. Happy to help where needed!
I'm down for making them for BeyChannel along with Ben and Brad. It would just be very hard to work together since Ben and Brad usually have very limited time to work on things like this.
I'd be so down to help with these. I think like the Mentors and Committee and other knowledgeable folk should work together to make these rather that saying "oh someone else was going to work on this first so we should let them do it". We're supposed to be a community so this should be a collaborative effort. I have a few ideas (that aren't mine, so anyone can use them) for topics we could cover in the first episode.
  • What is a Beyblade?
  • The 2 core mechanics of the game: customization and battle
  • How to assemble
  • How to battle (believe it or not some people have trouble with this)

Do those sound good for just an introductory episode? Or is there something we should add/take away? I also think Episode 2 should be about the different types of Beyblades (revamped from the old one, since a lot has changed with Balance Types/Hybrids and such) rather than launchers.

Or maybe, we could do something where the videos split off into different categories based on content. Like we could have "Introduction" and then "Customization 1" describing the basic types and naming each part of the Beyblade, "Customization 2" describing which parts are generally good for each type, with each iteration becoming more and more advanced, kind of like 1234beyblade's example with Launching.

(Oct. 03, 2015  11:52 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: I know this is true because when I was learning Plastics/HMS everything was confusing to me, but I still managed to learn it, the problem is that it probably took a lot longer than just getting visual examples of what combos you can make ect. Wombat helped me understand his Zombie combo by making a video explaining it, which just shows the power of visual examples.

To be fair (at least for me and you as well I guess) Zombies are probably the most complex form of Beyblade customization to date. Like when I first started getting into Plastics I had enough MFB logic to know what was good at what (i.e. Rubber Flat tips = Attack, Bearings = Stamina) and after I learned which Beyblades came with which parts I knew what to buy. But no matter how much th!nk or someone else explained how to assemble a Zombie I had no clue what to actually do until I had the parts in my hands and could see how they went together. I made the video because I figured at least even watching someone else assemble the combo gave you a better sense of what you had to do.

Also, this comment begs the question: Do we make different series of videos for each series of Beyblade? Obviously watching a video on how to assemble a Burst Beyblade isn't going to help much if you want to get into Plastics/HMS (or even MFB in the future).

Sorry for the information dump but these introductory tutorials are actually something I've had on my mind for a while (I started making a beginner's guide to Plastics a while back but didn't get very far into it).
Well, I mentioned Brad having the idea first because it would be for BeyChannel and I know the videos he would make would be pristine, but if he does not mind abandoning some of his plans to others, then for sure it should be a collaborative effort hah. I just know that if I had already taken steps or purchased things in order to do a specific video and that people suggested they do it, I might insist on doing it hah.
I was hoping it would spread out like a tree, after mentioning the basic launching techs, those videos would lead to the 4 different branches of formats (Standard, Limited, Burst, Zero-G (I didn't plan on doing HMS/Plastics because i'm simply too ignorant on that subject)) which would lead to first basic parts discussion and get more complex as it goes on. At least that's how i wanted it to appear on my channel, but now that it's a collab (if brad confirms) then i guess we will have to come up with a different format if majority doesn't agree on this format.

I also think it would be the best to start this ASAP simply because Burst is simple right now, and trying to explain Burst when it's already quite complex would be as big of a pain as doing all the MFB formats haha. Collabing on this will be very hard in my opinion, just because there is so much to cover (basically all the competitive forums in a visual setting).
We now all await Brad's opinion on the matter. As the boss of beychannel, his word will be absolute.
Though I think he will appreciate the help. Of course we need guidelines and such to make them pristine and worthy for beychannel. I mean, bladers from all over the world and from across the generations will be watching these and we must make it our mission to help them understand core concepts and educate them further.

I like Wombat's ideas and they should defo be implemented. The episodes require good structure and the episode list should be well structured as well.

Personally, I'll be working on "Beyblade: The Origin" A short history of spinning tops. I've always wanted to share the story of how beyblade came to be. It's was very well documented in Beylon's written series and I think that could fit somewhere into this project. Although perhaps not with the same name... Grin
This definitely sounds like a really great idea. If anyone had any requests, I'd happy to put a video or two together during some free time.
I need more time to think about this, but thank you sincerely for taking my feelings into consideration before moving forward with this.

I would say that, for one thing, I only plan to make videos about Beyblade Burst myself. So anything not revolving around that is fair game.