Pokémon Black and White 2

(Apr. 13, 2012  12:55 AM)Hazel Wrote: Since a whole 300 are being added to the Unova dex, it is a fair assumption that it is irrelevant - there will finally be an enjoyable amount of variety, and the presence of Wi-Fi and cross-trading being maintained makes it overall about on par with other games, instead of being some "you're stuck on a terrible continent with 10 or less good Pokémon for all of the game's actual content" scenario, like B&W was.

Good to see you're so quick to put down my post. It was in reply to everyone who was saying, like for example the post above your last one, that the only confirmed ones were those Pokémon that were explicitly stated. I was merely adding that the evolutions and pre-evolutions will be there too.

Try again.

On a lighter note, I like this idea of the glacier swallowing up Unova. It makes the story more ominous, and the effects of the glacier will obviously be prevalent throughout Unova.
I wasn't putting down anyone's post at all, champ. I was referring in general to the notion of folks focusing on the confirmed Pokémon specifically, rather than the more important factor of a massive amount of variety being thrown in overall.

Lose the attitude.
I don't want to get involved here, but to be honest, you did say what he said was irrelevant, which reads rather badly. Ga is one of our more humble users, too, so let's not scare him away! :c Just the "Champ" and the "lose the attitude" thing - they come across really abrasively man :c

Anyway, wow, I'm behind on this, but all the recent news makes me really excited - I pretty much lost interest after beating black and white due to the lack of anything resembling a post-game.

A poison gym leader will be fun, though it's a pretty weak typing, and I must admit, had I heard "new gym" I would immediately have hoped for a Dark-Type gym. I also hope she gets a unique theme tune with a sweet bassline. Love battling to sweet basslines.

As for legendaries, Ice is a terrible typing, but if Black Kyurem ends up being Ice/Electric STAB BoltBeam or whatever is going to be interesting in an in-game sense (obviously it would be Uber competitively but yeah).

So, overall, I must say coming back to pokemon and seeing this, I'm pretty excited!

If they bring back walking pokemon, I will literally throw money at them.
(Apr. 12, 2012  11:37 AM)GalaxyPegasus80 Wrote: tell me about it...
what`s the point of making bianca. seriously game Freak needs to think about creating a rival who is worth the time and effort
While she wasn't a too good rival, you could say her reason for being in BW could be to add more character development to the game

Anyone else fell like this will be like GSC to RBGY with added story XD
(Apr. 13, 2012  5:06 AM)th!nk Wrote: A poison gym leader will be fun, though it's a pretty weak typing, and I must admit, had I heard "new gym" I would immediately have hoped for a Dark-Type gym. I also hope she gets a unique theme tune with a sweet bassline. Love battling to sweet basslines.

As for legendaries, Ice is a terrible typing, but if Black Kyurem ends up being Ice/Electric STAB BoltBeam or whatever is going to be interesting in an in-game sense (obviously it would be Uber competitively but yeah).

So, overall, I must say coming back to pokemon and seeing this, I'm pretty excited!

If they bring back walking pokemon, I will literally throw money at them.

The two new Kyurem are confirmed to be Ice/Dragon like Kyurem itself, unfortunately. No exciting unique type.

The current screenshots present in CoroCoro scans show that they have once again forsaken what was probably the most incredibly enjoyable yet trivial to implement feature, which was, of course, Pokémon following you around. While there is the tiniest of possibilities that they put Alpha screenshots into the CoroCoro(which they haven't done since Diamond/Pearl), it's made all the more miniscule by that definitely being a feature they would want to have up front and center.

We can also assume Pokéwalkers will not be returning here, as well.
Argh, that's a shame, I guess I'll try to compare the other differences between the two games then... I wanted to see if stab boltbeam would make up for the huge issues with ice as a defensive typing (especially as they didn't give Rotom-F ice beam, which was a stupid move when giving it an ice typing... Man, I wish they hadn't messed up it's typings like that).

And yeah, I thought that was the case from what I saw too, but hoped otherwise... Something about walking up to people with a Scizor behind me felt really cool, and it was honestly one of my favourite features - to the point I barely made use of my bike in that game.
A good portion of this stems from the fairly well-known but not often "thought about" fact behind the ways that the East and West deal with their Pokémon obsession - the Japanese market is more about mascot characters and gimmicks, while the Westerners tend to actually develope attachment to their Pokémon as individual things within the games, and thereby we enjoyed the walking thing a lot more than the host country. The Western portion of the fanbase, as a more demonstrative example of this, tend to hold on to favorite Pokémon a lot longer, and are more sentimental/nostalgiac.

Pokéwalkers were also met with really mixed response in Japan, but they were in the western regions, too. I personally loved them, if only for having an accurate pedometer that also did stuff in my favorite video game.

Regardless, as long as the environment is more enjoyable than B&W, and they add post-game content that is actually in the game, rather than focused entirely around a website with really repetitive and boring minigames that take you forever to get anywhere, I should be content with this... I just hope Dream World is not a trend they decide to hang with for too long.
Ahh, that kinda explains it, because most people I know really liked the idea, it seemed to get a positive response here, so I assumed there were only technical reasons for not repeating it. A shame.

I think I used the dream world site about three times before I got bored with it, and the lack of a post game was just... I mean, I heard about it because I received my copy a day or two later than most of my friends, but it was still a bit of a shock.

Going back to about the rivals, there used to be like, rules for the rival but 3rd gen didn't include it, 1. He has to be a horrible person. 2. They are by no means your friend. (I wouldn't say Gary was exactly friendly.) 3. They battle you in the most random of places. (Specifically 2nd Gen, when going through the Rocket Base, you have to battle him. I know he's Giovanni's son, maybe grandson I don't remember, but still.)
Neither of Gen 1/2's rivals were horrible people at heart... Green was a bit arrogant(and one-dimensional), but Silver was just outright misguided, and he does an about-face proper lategame.

Silver is Giovanni's son, yes.

The trailer is out; I'll post the real site as soon as I find it.

It looks so cool! But the characters look funny, including the Gym Leaders or whatever. It also looks like they added a Battle Frontier(?) Looks like it-well, the layout.
(Apr. 14, 2012  6:58 AM)Cannon Wrote:

It looks so cool! But the characters look funny, including the Gym Leaders or whatever. It also looks like they added a Battle Frontier(?) Looks like it-well, the layout.

Well, I like the new improvements and (pretty much) the new things you can do like the movie thing. But I'm really dissappointed of the lack of new or improvements in graphics. But that was expected. Really excited for the North American release. It's time for some Pokèmon stuff. Tongue_out
The underwater tunnel portion shown in the video is really interesting, and it does at least give some promise that routes will be more than just minor inconveniences between cities! I also like the gimmick of the Water gym demonstrated in the video.
You can find Eevee. Vaporeon and Glaceon, here I come! Grin

And, the Black Kyu. / White Kyu. look pretty good! Judged White Kyurem too soon. :\
Hopefully the underwater tunnel leads to an actual post-game!

Seriously though, I do hope their idea of giving it a post-game isn't just "throw on a battle frontier". I am not a huge fan of that - most of the activities have always seemed rather pointless to me. I'd rather have more actual adventure after beating the elite 4. Perhaps it's because I'm a product of Gen2, but yeah. I was honestly hoping last game to have to find and battle the seven sages, through setups similar to gyms or hideouts or anything more than stumbling across them and being given a cutscene and complimentary TM.

Also: I don't get why someone is facing down ice/dragon legendaries with serperior of all things.
It was just to show that Ice is super-effective to Grass; or something.

And: ... We don't get new starters?!
Expecting new starters was expecting a bit much, Cannon - the general rule they go with is one set per region, and the location you're in is basically exactly the same. There's no other new Pokémon, either, and Starters are(by admission of the art team and Junichi himself) the Pokémon that take the longest to conceptualize and agree on a design for, because they're so important.

Battle Frontier postgame is only enough if there's also a lot of other enjoyable activities filling time(noteworthy examples include: Secret Bases, Day of the Week activities, Pokémon Villa, Contests that weren't horrible, Gym Leader rematches, etc.) and the BP rewards are worth the effort.
Yeah, Gym Leader rematches are a great thing post-game. The fact they threw that into HG/SS, when G/S already had a half-game postgame was pretty impressive, I think the contrast between that and B/W was part of why B/W felt so short.

Also - "Contests that weren't horrible" - I don't think that's even possible.

As for BP rewards, they always felt like a huge hassle for me, to be honest.
I liked the Contest format in Ruby/Sapphire, but I haven't been able to care enough in any subsequent implementation.

BP rewards are usually pretty great(specifically the tutors and EV training items, which turn two hours of EV training to cap into 25 minutes), but then I'm prone to just picking the easiest one and farming it until I have whatever I need. The Hoenn Battle Frontier was probably my favorite as well(with exception of the Pike, which was just tedious and unpleasant), but the DPPtHGSS one had enough nice things to keep me contented, too.
(Apr. 14, 2012  8:34 AM)Hazel Wrote: Expecting new starters was expecting a bit much, Cannon - the general rule they go with is one set per region, and the location you're in is basically exactly the same. There's no other new Pokémon, either, and Starters are(by admission of the art team and Junichi himself) the Pokémon that take the longest to conceptualize and agree on a design for, because they're so important.

Well, the Magazine/Company or whatever was questioning whether it would have New starters or not, but was hoping for new ones. :\
(Apr. 14, 2012  9:25 AM)Hazel Wrote: I liked the Contest format in Ruby/Sapphire, but I haven't been able to care enough in any subsequent implementation.

BP rewards are usually pretty great(specifically the tutors and EV training items, which turn two hours of EV training to cap into 25 minutes), but then I'm prone to just picking the easiest one and farming it until I have whatever I need. The Hoenn Battle Frontier was probably my favorite as well(with exception of the Pike, which was just tedious and unpleasant), but the DPPtHGSS one had enough nice things to keep me contented, too.

Aha, i always loved to use the 'Mind Reader' + 'Hi-Jump Kick' combo. It always kicked butt.

Emerald's Frontier was the best IMO. And, what do you mean you didn't like the Pike? That was the easiest one! I hated the Battle Palace. That was the worst; you couldn't even choose your own moves. .__.
I watched the trailer and it seems that the Trainer sprites will be moving again. If you don't blink for one second in one of the parts, you will see the Female Clerk move her hands to reach the Pokeball. Wink

Anyway, I'm excited for the Sequels, definitely buying.
Anyone else noticed that the player in the trailer was watching an actual Pokemon movie? I think it's in that big building or whatever with the big blue tyranitar looking thing and the gold person.

Really enjoying what's been shown and I can't wait for Pokemon Smash tonight, EVEN MORE GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE =D

I really do hope there is another Battle Frontier but instead of new characters, I'd like to see the old Hoenn Frontier Brains back, I really hated how my favorite Battle Frontier only had 1 appearence >Speechless

There seems to be a villain team at the footage shown in 0:36 along with the Rival. The villain team looks like they resemble Team Rocket don't they?
They look like Policemen/Guards to me...

Anyone else notice that Half unova is frozen