Thread Rating:
  • 20 Votes - 4.25 Average

[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face
(This post was last modified: Apr 11 2012 01:45 AM by LeonTempest.)
I could have sworn that I saw Gaia Dragoon in stores alot...I wonder if there was a name consistancy issue? Or maybe I just have a memory consistancy issue...

@th!nk: That doesnt really sound like the reason. Alot of words begin with "Ga-" and Gaia is prounced nothing like that word. Hasbro released "Cetus" which sounds like "Fetus" so I dont think this applies to this situation, haha

And honestly, kids calling Gaia Dragoon that name have no impact on Hasbro. That is just a result of immaturity, and I dont think it would effect a parent's decision to buy the toy, and I myself never made fun of Gaia Dragoon's name

I do remember calling Strata Dragoon, "Gaia Dragoon" on numerous occasions back in the day as a kid. I am 100% hasbro called it Gaia Dragoon

I never liked Gaia Dragoon for the sole reason that a second Dragoon just existed somehow. Its induction into the plot was so poorly constructed

I am mostly gonna be in the Off Topic Forums now. Always looking to have constructive conversations about anime, manga, cartoons, and games. Grin
Apr 11 2012 01:39 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #486 (1,126)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days V

Hasbro always called it "Strata". It was part of the general complain the Off the Chain members did by calling Hasbro repeatedly.

[Image: UeGedi8.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Apr 11 2012 01:56 AM
th!nk

rip in peace
BeyRank: #426 (1,142)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face
(This post was last modified: Apr 11 2012 12:22 PM by th!nk.)
@LeonTempest: The first part of your post is a repeat of your last post here.
The bulk of Gaia Dragoon's introduction/history was in the movie (Beyblade: The Movie: Fierce Battle), not in the anime itself. IDK if you've watched that, but yeah.

As for why you called it Gaia Dragoon, it was also fairly well known as by the time it was released, the internet was commonplace and there were a lot of fansites.

Not sure but it may have also been on the stickers of Strata Dragoon V, trying to find some pictures.

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Signature for Archival Purposes/Some still-relevant links etc (Click to View)
Apr 11 2012 02:02 AM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face

To recap, the anime CGI renders of "Strata Dragoon" had labels calling it Gaia Dragoon. Presumably, we think the Hasbro products of Strata Dragoon also have Gaia Dragoon stickers, but we are unsure

I am mostly gonna be in the Off Topic Forums now. Always looking to have constructive conversations about anime, manga, cartoons, and games. Grin
Apr 11 2012 03:55 AM
Ultra

BeyRank: #49 (1,407)
Face of DaysPegasis FaceAntique FaceRose Gold FaceBlaze FaceDJ FaceEmerald FaceFace of Days IIIOrion FaceLapis Lazuli FaceCygnus FaceFox FaceUnicorno FaceAquila FacePeridot FaceAnniversary Face 2012Libra FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVSapphire FaceRuby FacePassport Face

The beyblade movie was released in english actually but I think it was only the US that got it.

Looking to buy purple Einstein RC and red DEMS AR and Bit Protector.
Apr 11 2012 10:58 AM
Offline Find all posts by this user
th!nk

rip in peace
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face

Oh, yeah, sorry, a few posts were deleted and I forgot to edit the one useful thing in them into my last post afterwards.

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Apr 11 2012 12:22 PM
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face

Correct. I used to have the movie on DVR about a year ago, but I do not know what channel aired it, if it was shown dubbed in the US only, or if it was a reairing of the dubbed movie or it was dubbed years after Beyblade was canceled. My recording accidnetaly got deleted so I cant answer those questions

Considering that was more about the anime just now lets get back on topic

Apr 11 2012 12:23 PM
Arupaeo

Climbing Back
BeyRank: #10 (1,604)
Gaia Dragoon FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIRose Gold FaceEmerald FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceAmber FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceAnubis FaceGill FaceAquila FaceUnicorno FaceLacerta FaceGold FaceLeone FaceHerculeo FaceRuby FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulPrize Hunter FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBrad FaceGold FaceMetal FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceByxis FaceOnyx FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceWyvern FaceHoruseus FaceBeafowl FaceAres FaceBeafowl FaceHoruseus FaceCygnus FaceHades FaceNemesis FaceBeelzeb FaceLyra FaceFace of Days IIIPrize Hunter FaceUranus FaceFox FaceOrion FaceBronze FaceGold FaceBloody Devil FaceGold FaceBronze FaceDranzer II FaceDragoon II FaceGold FaceSamurai Changer FaceJiraiya FaceLibra FaceKetos FaceDraciel Viper FaceEterner FaceStriker FaceDark Leopard FaceGiraffe FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceCrown FaceOrion FaceHoruseus FaceLynx FaceCrown FaceAnniversary Face 2012Silver FaceFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVBronze FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceGold FaceDriger Fang FaceDraciel Viper FaceGold FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013Silver FaceGold FaceEternal Passport FaceMF2 FaceFace of Days V

Please let the moderators moderate the threads. Also, it just comes off wrong when someone participating in an "off topic" side discussion elects to ask everyone else to get back "on topic".
Apr 11 2012 02:16 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face
(This post was last modified: Apr 11 2012 02:28 PM by LeonTempest.)
I should have said that I got us off on this tanget, and it would be best to not continue it. I would never try to undermine a mod's job. I simply felt responsible, and I did not want to cause any more trouble for my oversights, as I did before

A while ago I asked about AR sliding issues. Would it be possible (while illegal) to apply nail polish to the bottom of the AR to prevent this sliding and increase friction? Obviously it is illegal, but I know some recreational MFB players do this with bad CH120s and I would like to know if the same logic would apply for this as well. Thanks in advance for you help

Apr 11 2012 02:26 PM
Janstarblast

KAI-NETIC ENERGY
BeyRank: #230 (1,223)
Antique FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IIIAres FaceAnniversary Face 2012Uranus FaceCoro Dragon FaceByxis FaceGold FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVEmerald FaceSapphire FaceAnniversary Face 2013

Well, just because of the fact that it might count as an illegal modification, it wouldn't be of any use, you know. Smile
To actually increase friction up there, I believe that a thick coat of nail polish would be required; which is certainly illegal. So yeah!

@th!nk- OK, reply whenever you have time. Smile

[Image: janstarblastsignature.jpg]
Team IB Revolutions
Thanks to N0body for the avatar and Synth for the signature!
Apr 11 2012 04:53 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
th!nk

rip in peace

No, actually, you can clear coat parts if it doesn't affect the texture/behaviour, but it cannot be thick: that's all in the rules, and is pretty much the only legal way to tighten parts. I'd also suggest coating the whole thing anyways, as long as you stay within the rules.

Anyway, onto this, I must admit it slipped my mind (and I wrote this reply a couple of hours back without posting it).

(Apr 10 2012 09:09 AM)Janstarblast Wrote:  @th!nk- Well, the height is 'normal' in accordance to Dranzer V standards, but it is an overall tall BB, I guess.
Aaand, I suppose Zombies usually have short or mid-height bases. So all I meant there, was it was actually too tall to be called an orthodox Zombie bey... Smile
Also, I got the SG with the MG core, so the tip does go slightly inwards. But still, my point was what I mentioned above. Smile
Actually, there aren't any short-height zombies, they generally need to be mid-tall for good LAD, largely, I guess, so they don't spin themselves out (it's hard to describe the action, but a beys base touches the surface and it moves in the opposite direction to normal, removing all of its spin). Dranzer V's base is about the same height as most zombie bases, actually.

Quote:As for Sonic Tiger, it was (and is) probably the best Stamina-suited AR I owned (OK, I have Twin Horn too; but I need a good enough SAR to utilize it well) and that is just why I used it.
It is otherwise a not-so-good AR according to WBO standards of course, but I like it a bit... Smile
If you had it, then you probably wouldn't even consider using it over a Tiger Defenser or something. But well, as this is all I had, and is also one of my favorite ARs, I used it here.
It actually would have had a small amount of Upper Attack, if those slopes weren't so shallow, and if the contact point extended into a continuous slope(making the AR a two-sided one); instead of those gaps you see in between.
But still, I am quite curious to know about Sonic Tiger, especially because its not everyday that you read a discussion related to it somewhere around the Forum, or see it on the BeyWiki. Smile

Sonic Tiger is too Aggressive man. Master Dranzer's AR has better stamina but only in left spin Uncertain

It's not really popular because it's really average, too aggressive for non-attack, but not good enough for attack. Hopefully when I get one I'll share more info on it, Driger V is an irritating omission to my current collection. I do have one ordered, though.

Apr 11 2012 05:39 PM
Janstarblast

KAI-NETIC ENERGY
BeyRank: #230 (1,223)
Antique FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IIIAres FaceAnniversary Face 2012Uranus FaceCoro Dragon FaceByxis FaceGold FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVEmerald FaceSapphire FaceAnniversary Face 2013
(This post was last modified: Apr 11 2012 05:53 PM by Janstarblast.)
Oh, I thought Zombies had to be low enough, so that they can quickly switch to LAD as soon as they sleep out.
Because if they were tall, then they would wobble to death...
This "belief" was largely influenced by MFB's WD tip; which is great on lower heights, but goes haywire on high tracks.

As for Sonic Tiger, it is aggressive, yes. Actually its a bit too recoil-y instead...
Actually, I got a lot of info about Zombies when I read past your BeyBlargh's Zombie article. Smile

So, I'll wait for the arrival of your Driger V, and would certainly wait for the "more info" you might share. Smile

[Image: janstarblastsignature.jpg]
Team IB Revolutions
Thanks to N0body for the avatar and Synth for the signature!
Apr 11 2012 05:51 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
th!nk

rip in peace

Oh, no, that wobbling/precession is a benefit to them, and you must understand, the weight distribution of plastics is much less extreme than MFB, the plastic equivalent of 230 height is perhaps the Jumping SG's of Trygle/Cyber Dragoon fully extended (it's hard to find an equivalent though, given the massive weight differences). MFB's behave really differently to plastics overall.

Yeah, part of the same things, in some combos it will be aggressive, in others, it's recoily. Same coin, different sides.
Ahh, that was just defensive zombies (though they are still similar). I must get working on the proper zombies post, though I'm not sure whether something about spiral change base will come before or after.

The coolest thing about driger V I know of is that its tip does really well in Driger V2's base in place of the metal change tip. Completely illegal so you "didn't hear it from me" (though if stuff like that were legal it would be sweeeeet). Definitely something for my blog rather than here, haha Tongue_out

Apr 11 2012 06:23 PM
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face

Clear Coat makes alot of sesne. It is technicaly a paint, which would fall under a legal modification, and it would show any visible change to my collection. Although there would be no garuntee that the paint would stya on the plastic right? Would a clear primer agent be better? (if such a thing exists) or should a clear coat do just fine?

Apr 11 2012 06:23 PM
Arborlite

The Flora King

This question of mine may sound weird, but I am sure that I am not the only one wondering: what the hell are those bit-birds? On the bit chip, instead of the actual bit-beast, it is a bird (a raven or some other kind of bird). It comes with the same colour as they beyblade. Thanks in advance!

[Image: ploadua23b.png]
Apr 12 2012 05:50 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

Could you post a picture? I'm not sure what exactly you mean, I have a few ideas, but I'd need more details.

Apr 12 2012 05:52 PM
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face

He may mean the random bit beasts that are included with each beyblade in addition to a spare bitchip. From my experience, the most common one is the one he is describing. I dont know which specific bit beat it is, but I believe it is from the Dranzer family

Apr 12 2012 06:00 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

You're thinking of ice dranzer, but the color thing he mentioned doesn't match that. It's my main guess though.

Apr 12 2012 06:02 PM
Arborlite

The Flora King

I don't know how to post/attach pictures (yet) so I will just copy the link to a picture of that bird.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Sticker-Sheets?page=39 - Post #771 (the spoiler from Nocto)

[Image: ploadua23b.png]
Apr 12 2012 06:02 PM
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face
(This post was last modified: Apr 12 2012 06:15 PM by LeonTempest.)
Definatly Ice Dranzer. I used to have more of those than I did beys...

The only other ones I ever remember getting from Hasbro beys were Metal Draciel, Metal Driger and Death Draciel (not a real bey, but used alot with the Wing and Roller series) Other, rarer spare bit beasts may have been avaliable, I am sure, but generally, all you would see is Ice Dranzer with Hasbro

With the 2 bit chips included, one would always have japanese writing on it on one side. The other would not. What did it say?

Apr 12 2012 06:09 PM