[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Apr. 18, 2012  2:34 PM)Arborlite Wrote: What can I say, I am extremely disappointed that such a good-looking beyblade is actually terrible. Well, hopefully there are some parts that I can change and make it a better bey than it currently is. As for the other ones, I will buy the required parts to make them better, as I intend to keep them for battling.

One more thing; is Rock Bison comparable to Trygle in terms of power/spin? I am asking because they are relatively the same in terms of components (such as the lower attack ring). I currently own a Trygle and it is very good, so why wouldn't a Rock Bison be the same.

Thanks in advance!
Triple Wing (Trygle's AR is a good smash attack AR)..but its BB, SG and other component is just useless..
Being one of the best smash attack ar..Trygle surely do better than Rock Bison if customized..

Meanwhile..the only good part in Rock Bison is its WD..that is 10 heavy..its BB is very tall indeed..plus..it would lose its balance easily..

All of the G-Rev series are sucks uncustomized..hahah..

(Apr. 16, 2012  3:30 AM)Arborlite Wrote:
(Apr. 16, 2012  1:07 AM)Cosmic Wrote: is there a way to fix a dranzer gt engine gear`???

It is nearly impossible to fix any Engine Gear (but that also depends on how / where it's been damaged). I've had a couple of issues with my Dranzer GT's engine gear as well as some other beys and after having tried to fix them for hours I realized that they are too complex to be repaired using "regular" tools.
it is not that complicated..the Dranzer GT's EG should have the same components..but different arrangement...
if the gears are dislocated..you might stand a chance to repair it...but you mustn't lost any of the gears..but if the large spring coil or you lost soe of the components..i'm afraid you cant do anything..

but take a look on the arrangement and the components on my draft..
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-The-wond...Gears-Done
Dranzer GT's should just be like a left engine gear's arrangement (in right SG casings), so if you want to see how it all works, get a dragoon G cheap off ebay/dimsum2u/wherever and take it apart carefully. With some luck, some of the parts might be interchangeable if anything is broken.

As for Rock Bison, it is a really cool looking beyblade. No shame in putting it on a shelf - I bought one basically just for that because I also like how it looks (though the lighter color of my Hasbro one looks much better than my Sonokong one Uncertain )

Or, heck, you can just mess around with it for fun, I mean, not everything has to be TOPTIERAMAZING1337h4xxn0sc0p3z0r!!!!!11@!1 Honestly, a lot of the most enjoyable beyblades aren't all that great competitively. One of my favourite things to do use battle two identical Metal Driger AR/8 balance/right SG/SG Sharp Base, or battle them against random things, because of how awkward they are.

Heck, if you really dislike it find some dusty track and take photos of it's lower wheels effect on the dust with a nice camera or something, it'd look awesome. I might actually do that some time, given one of my rock bison tips is lopsided anyway, haha.
Should I put an NSK shield bearing or regular bearing in the shaft
(Apr. 19, 2012  3:48 AM)jadejupiter18 Wrote: Should I put an NSK shield bearing or regular bearing in the shaft

Use an NSK to optimise it's spin steal, especially in tornado balance. I honestly find very little use for anything else - apparently metal bearings are supposed to work better for defense but I really don't think the tradeoff is at all worth it.
Ok, but when I put the nsk bearing and I slide shoot the tip always stops.
It doesn't move around at all? That's really odd, I guess it could happen if your bearing was so low friction that the shaft didn't move at all but none of my NSK bearings do that, I'd imagine it would only be possible with a tuned and seasoned NSK bearing, something I have never experienced, so you'd have to ask someone who has.

In that case use a metal one (though it won't be as good) or try different NSK bearings if you have any more.
Is there anywhere on the internet that sells Dranzer GT?
You can find them on eBay and Yahoo Japan Auctions pretty frequently, though the prices get a bit extravagant in some cases.
I figured the prices would be high but for dranzer GT its worth it. Thanks for the help.
(Apr. 19, 2012  11:05 PM)Hazel Wrote: You can find them on eBay and Yahoo Japan Auctions pretty frequently, though the prices get a bit extravagant in some cases.

Tell me about it. Having said that...My Flame/Torch/whatever plastic piece that holds the tip broke. Anyway of finding/rigging a replacement just so I can put it on a shelf? lol
Sadly no, there isn't, though that part is identical to the parts that hold CEW's on EG's, there aren't any cheap CEW beys, at least none cheaper than Flame Pegasus.

It seems to have suffered from a fair bit of breakage, mine is cracked. The plastic of those EG parts feels a lot "softer" or, perhaps "soft but sharper-defined" or something, I can't really explain it, but it seems different to the usual material.
Yea. Just broke when I was getting the tip off. *Decides not to touch Zeus's tip at all* Kinda dissapointing as I hate having multiple of a bey unless it's competively useful.
The AR of Flame Pegasus is really nice! It's no Tiger Defenser but it's nicely balanced and stuff.
Really now? Hmm..maybe I just never had any luck with using it. I do love the color though...Wish my Driger F base didn;t explode either...Was gonna have a nice little case to put on my desk. >.>
Gotta use it for the right stuff to make it work man! Works okay on wolborg 4's base with 10 Balance!

As for the driger f base, did it break, or did the stuff just pop out?
Probably one of the main reasons why plastics never really hooked me was the whole exploding deal.

It probably didn't help that when I looked up plastic blades back in 2006, the first video I saw was an exploding Uriel 2 from god-knows-what-site.

EDIT: Could anyone tell me exactly how rare a Hyperblades Draciel F is? Or at least, the AR?
I actually had intended to ask, but never remembered to:

I got my Torch Pegasus second-hand, and it's the Hasbro version. What am I missing out on by not having the Takara one? I cannot remember if the Hasbro one has the neat Gyro gimmick or not, and mine only came with one bottom(and it's super lightweight and really weird).
The Hasbro and Takara versions of Flame/Torch Pegasus are identical in all but name.

Can you post a picture so I can see what you mean? I don't really understand your post :C

@Ga: not really sure, but the AR wouldn't be worth much, the bey itself is only really valued as a collection piece and the AR is the least competitive part of it... Uncertain As for rarity, I dunno, there were loads where I live tbh, but nowadays I guess they're kinda uncommon.
My Torch Pegasus has this BB:

[Image: flame.jpg]

Now, as I understood it, there was some neat trick gimmick thing you're supposed to be able to do with this BB involving the gyro. How doing?????????/ ??/ ? ?

?
Oh yeah, there's a switch on the EG to enable/disable the gimmick, once the base is on you can operate it with the end of a ripcord, it kinda pokes out.

Once in the gyro mode, the metal part can spin freely. Then you can put the ripcord into the holes in the base and launch like that. It's like MAMS' Gyro Mode.
Yeah I think this bearing was tuned. And Th!nk is this combo good

AR: Mirage Goddess

WD:10 Heavy/ Wide defense

SG: Right SG HMC

BS: Zeus sub ring

BB:Wing base

aIts been getting some solid KOs
Is red dranzer f rare? I saw it on ebay for £15....
(Apr. 19, 2012  11:40 PM)Hazel Wrote: My Torch Pegasus has this BB:

PICTURE

Now, as I understood it, there was some neat trick gimmick thing you're supposed to be able to do with this BB involving the gyro. How doing?????????/ ??/ ? ?

?
What th!nk said.

A tip: Don't use it the way where you are supposed to use the ripcord/launcher.
Mine is unbalanced when doing so, and so should yours.. Either that or mine is a defect.

Pretty fun gimmick with the bit chips. Wink

(Apr. 19, 2012  11:42 PM)tamer th!nk Wrote: Oh yeah, there's a switch on the EG to enable/disable the gimmick, once the base is on you can operate it with the end of a ripcord, it kinda pokes out.

Once in the gyro mode, the metal part can spin freely. Then you can put the ripcord into the holes in the base and launch like that. It's like MAMS' Gyro Mode.

Hm. Not as impressive as I was expecting, but I guess it's still neat. I'm just completely thrown by the thing having no WD... it weighs basically nothing, ha.

(Apr. 20, 2012  7:56 AM)Funny Bunny Wrote: Is red dranzer f rare? I saw it on ebay for £15....

It is one of the more common recolors, if I'm not mistaken - or at least, I have seen quite a few for sale, for around that price(and lower), over the last five or six months.