Physics

Poll: 42?

Yes
82.76%
No
17.24%
Total: 100% 87 vote(s)
Nice article. I take both actually.
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Nice article. I take both actually.

xP physics next week? I'm having my calculus BC tomorrow and physics C next monday; can't wait to get over with it.
Dude that sounds like a lot of work. My AP classes are: History, English, and Spanish. I am taking Physics next year and Pre Calculus. I suck at math. Unhappy

Coincidentally, I am currently going over radians and stuff in my trig class.
i am not reading that so i will just assume it is good
It's alright, the target audience of this article is for the nerdiculally-inclined.

Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Dude that sounds like a lot of work. My AP classes are: History, English, and Spanish. I am taking Physics next year and Pre Calculus. I suck at math. Unhappy

Coincidentally, I am currently going over radians and stuff in my trig class.

I see; I had my calculus today. This year's paper is a lot easier.

I've no idea how AP humanities are, but locally, we find the sciences and math APs to be on the basic side. Heard the humanities are hard, though.
AP us government and AP macro economics... =(

Also good stuff as usual.
I think this is too much like a physics lesson and you're just listing out physical identities and concepts without much focus or aim.

You're not listing or referring to things practically, you're basically explaining broad base concepts.
(Oct. 11, 2008  12:03 PM)Raikun Wrote: I think this is too much like a physics lesson and you're just listing out physical identities and concepts without much focus or aim.

You're not listing or referring to things practically, you're basically explaining broad base concepts.

Yes, because this is written on physics. It will take a lot of going through before it gets to the level of fully understanding how it applies properly to bey. Therefore, I will just list it out for now, because I'm sure the mathematical level here is not at a high enough level yet.
(Oct. 11, 2008  12:03 PM)Raikun Wrote: I think this is too much like a physics lesson and you're just listing out physical identities and concepts without much focus or aim.

There's a lot more than just one simple equation in physics that'll answer how a Beyblade works.

One, what do you expect Nic to do? Explain every little detail about how a Beyblade works? Do you have any idea how long that could/would take?
Besides, Nic also said that some of these explanations aren't complete, if I'm not mistaken.

And two, you can't explain something properly if you don't explain the base concepts.
If not, it'd be akin to saying:

"That guy punched me today.

I was at the mall.

This guy was looking at me funny."

You can't go back and forth about things. Like pretty much everything else in this world, you need a base before you can build on it, not the other way around.
(Oct. 11, 2008  4:19 PM)Grey Wrote: You can't go back and forth about things. Like pretty much everything else in this world, you need a base before you can build on it, not the other way around.

Surely we can wiki all the physics basics stuff and he can just list how it applies to beyblade?

It's kind of a choice between teaching beyblade and teaching physics, they're linked but they're not exactly the same. It'll take a loooong time to explain both at once. Lots of this stuff we can just google.
You'll all reaffirming my point.

No matter how many base scientific principles you digest, their practicality in terms of application are limited and, at best, hazy.

I commend your effort Nic, you're obviously knowledgeable. You've done a lot here that no one else has bothered to. However, I do feel you're wasting your time, a lot of what you're writing here is an attempt to teach GCSE level physics as a means of explaining spinning toy ergonomics.

These rules and concepts you list here ARE applicable. Your information is, at large, correct. However, they are no more relevant as knowledge to beyblade hobbyists as it is to a builder wielding a hammer.

I just think this topic reads too much like a physics lesson.

Just a heads up, nothing else.
(Oct. 12, 2008  8:58 PM)Raikun Wrote: I just think this topic reads too much like a physics lesson.

Pretty sure this is the point

Y'know, since a lot of people would like to understand how the Beyblade works

I know I would
(Oct. 13, 2008  4:04 AM)Grey Wrote:
(Oct. 12, 2008  8:58 PM)Raikun Wrote: I just think this topic reads too much like a physics lesson.

I know I would
Chief - Sigh ...
Because I learn how a beyblade works in my a level physics class... Chief 2002 - Hmm ...

What i'm saying is going completely over your head.
So write a better article, Rai.
(Oct. 13, 2008  7:24 AM)Raikun Wrote:

I know I would
Chief - Sigh ...
Because I learn how a beyblade works in my a level physics class... Chief 2002 - Hmm ...

Sounds pretty arrogant, considering you've yet to provide us with any proof of your "studies".

Also, great explanations, Nic.
(Oct. 13, 2008  10:31 AM)AnchoredCross Wrote:

I know I would
Chief - Sigh ...

Sounds pretty arrogant, considering you've yet to provide us with any proof of your "studies".

Also, great explanations, Nic.

Sarcasm has gone completely over your head too.
Some of us just want to learn , not listen to you argue about your level of physics and how you are so smart.

PS: Thanks Nic, I'm starting to understand this XD
(Oct. 12, 2008  8:58 PM)Raikun Wrote: You'll all reaffirming my point.

No matter how many base scientific principles you digest, their practicality in terms of application are limited and, at best, hazy.

I commend your effort Nic, you're obviously knowledgeable. You've done a lot here that no one else has bothered to. However, I do feel you're wasting your time, a lot of what you're writing here is an attempt to teach GCSE level physics as a means of explaining spinning toy ergonomics.

These rules and concepts you list here ARE applicable. Your information is, at large, correct. However, they are no more relevant as knowledge to beyblade hobbyists as it is to a builder wielding a hammer.

I just think this topic reads too much like a physics lesson.

Just a heads up, nothing else.

Yes, these are not directly applicable to the average hobbyist. This is for those who are already familiar with how beyblades work on a technical basis, and are curious about the theory behind it.

I don't know how education works for you, but locally, engineers are expected to have a certain minimum standard and encouraged to have a higher standard of the theoretical component behind the work they do. This is especially true for engineering students who study in universities, who are expected to take pure sciences to compliment the applied sciences. Of course, many of them do badly in these classes, but it's the thought that counts.

(Oct. 13, 2008  7:24 AM)Raikun Wrote: Chief - Sigh ...

Actually, no. A level physics is much too simplistic to be fitted to Beyblades. You only get a broad overview.
to what level of physics have you studied, Nic?
I give up.

People are misinterpreting what I'm saying as an assertation of my own ability when I'm only making a judgement of the suitability of what Nic is saying.

And it appears sarcasm is NON existant on this board.
(Oct. 13, 2008  9:56 PM)Raikun Wrote: I give up.

People are misinterpreting what I'm saying as an assertation of my own ability when I'm only making a judgement of the suitability of what Nic is saying.

You said you were checking all this out to see if you should write a physics article, it clearly isn't suitable, so why don't you write it already? :\

Smithicide your acting like we're all idiots who don't know anything. That's what I was trying to say. Or at least that's how I see it. :-/

I know I would
Chief - Sigh ...

So now I'm an idiot? Nic made this as a Physics lesson--one about physics that apply to Beyblade. When you said that it's reading too much like a Physics lesson, I said that's the point, it essentially is a physics lesson.

How is that over my head?

I didn't misinterpret anything at all, until you called me a complete moron. THAT's when I started to think you were convinced that you're smarter than all of us.

And you're right, sarcasm doesn't exist on this board

Not at all
"I didn't misinterpret anything at all, until you called me a complete moron. THAT's when I started to think you were convinced that you're smarter than all of us."

Right, and where did I do that?

I give up with you.