Phantom Discussion

I would like to see some MF Phantom Kerbecs S130 RF tests (I dont have S130 so i ask), just to see where it can go off to Grin
(Oct. 26, 2011  2:31 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: I would like to see some MF Phantom Kerbecs S130 RF tests (I dont have S130 so i ask), just to see where it can go off to Grin

Well, I did 10 rounds of that against Basalt BD145RB and it pretty much outspun every single time.
that is useful, against Earth, Pre - HWS Libra?
Earth would be nothing, plus I have tests on both Phantom and Basalt. Soon2beposted
(Oct. 26, 2011  2:47 AM)Mr. N Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2011  2:31 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: I would like to see some MF Phantom Kerbecs S130 RF tests (I dont have S130 so i ask), just to see where it can go off to Grin

Well, I did 10 rounds of that against Basalt BD145RB and it pretty much outspun every single time.

Outspinning RB isn't hard, even for RF. We're looking for KO power, here.

(Oct. 26, 2011  3:25 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: that is useful, against Earth, Pre - HWS Libra?

I don't see the point in testing this.
In Indo, we are still using earth + CS and Basalt + CS, only 5 guys have RB IIRC
(Oct. 26, 2011  4:45 AM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: In Indo, we are still using earth + CS and Basalt + CS, only 5 guys have RB IIRC

Yeah, I'm not sure why RB was tested instead of CS - very few people use it.
yep, thats why

(sorry for short post, that is basically what i want to say)
(Oct. 26, 2011  4:27 AM)Hazel Wrote: Outspinning RB isn't hard, even for RF. We're looking for KO power, here.

Well... I have video proof that RB outspins CS,RSF,WD,MB and a handful of other things... do you own the part?? because I have a feeling you are basing your opinions on the speculations in the RB thread, all of those people except 2-3 did not have the part either...

Also very few people use it, not based on performance, but because it is not easy to come by, Jade Jupiter is at minimum $25 (shipped) from one seller on WBO for a bey that otherwise is terrible, or $40 on ebay... so most people are not willing to pay $40 for a performance tip >>> not widely used...
gibsonmac, there's a reason Hazel's an advanced member. Do not accuse him of speculating. And from your post, it does seem like you're trying to support him. Which point are you trying to emphasize?

Also you are talking about RB, which doesn't even belong in the "Phantom Discussion" thread.
(Oct. 26, 2011  3:28 PM)gibsonmac Wrote: Well... I have video proof that RB outspins CS,RSF,WD,MB and a handful of other things... do you own the part?? because I have a feeling you are basing your opinions on the speculations in the RB thread, all of those people except 2-3 did not have the part either...

You are one person with one big set of tests. As I explained to you in another thread on this forum, one person does not equate a scientific basis for speculation or theory. I'm going to side with the bulk of the results done by more than one person.

If others find that RB is capable of OS in common use, then my opinion will obviously shift.

Science is skepticism.

(Oct. 26, 2011  3:42 PM)5onIChris98 Wrote: Also you are talking about RB, which doesn't even belong in the "Phantom Discussion" thread.

We are discussing what tips it would be better to test Phantom against in an Attack context, so the discussion is quite relevant.
Just to clarify,

Mint RB does have relatively high stamina for a rubber bottom. It's somewhat up to par to a semi aggressive to semi calm CS in terms of stamina.

Mint RB can outspin RF, RSF quite easily and most of CS out there. I doubt it'll outspin WD or MB though.

The problem is like any rubber bottoms, it does wear down quite fast. It becomes very aggressive and loses its great stamina quality.
(Oct. 26, 2011  7:20 PM)Uwik Wrote: Just to clarify,

Mint RB does have relatively high stamina for a rubber bottom. It's somewhat up to par to a semi aggressive to semi calm CS in terms of stamina.

Mint RB can outspin RF, RSF quite easily and most of CS out there. I doubt it'll outspin WD or MB though.

The problem is like any rubber bottoms, it does wear down quite fast. It becomes very aggressive and loses its great stamina quality.

I see. So, in the prior tests with Phantom RF versus whatever RB, the RB was most likely worn.

All the more reason to test it against CS/RSF/RS/MB. And, as I said before, we're looking for KO power, not the ability to out-spin.
Hmm, that depends on the level of wear. The more worn it is, the more surface area will be in contact with the stadium, which means better traction for smash power.

I don't have any official tests, but I'd predict that it can KO CS/RSF, yet struggles with RS/MB.

Low track antimeta RS, Basalt BD145 MB are difficult combinations to KO regardless of the bottoms, when Phantom is used. Personally, I'm having issues imagining Phantom being utilized as an attack wheel. I feel it's better as a hybrid wheel between stamina and defense.

Edit: Does it do well as an attack wheel? Perhaps yes, it gives good results, but surely, it's still below VariAres, Blitz, and maybe Beat.
(Oct. 26, 2011  7:20 PM)Uwik Wrote: Just to clarify,

The one thing I would add to that is the impact of short-term use on stamina and behavior. Like all rubber tips with surface area (RSF, RF, R2F) after a few spins the bottom of the RB surface begins to accumulate schmutz and gets kind of slippery. This has the dual effect of increasing stamina and decreasing aggressive movement.
(Oct. 26, 2011  7:46 PM)Uwik Wrote: Hmm, that depends on the level of wear. The more worn it is, the more surface area will be in contact with the stadium, which means better traction for smash power.

I don't have any official tests, but I'd predict that it can KO CS/RSF, yet struggles with RS/MB.

Low track antimeta RS, Basalt BD145 MB are difficult combinations to KO regardless of the bottoms, when Phantom is used. Personally, I'm having issues imagining Phantom being utilized as an attack wheel. I feel it's better as a hybrid wheel between stamina and defense.

Edit: Does it do well as an attack wheel? Perhaps yes, it gives good results, but surely, it's still below VariAres, Blitz, and maybe Beat.

Oh, I know it won't out-perform Vari or Blitz, but I'm looking for some kind of niche third use for the MW. It's already shown a great precedent for Defense and Stamina, having won several tournaments as both - you bore witness to one of the Defense events.

I want to see if this wheel is at least USABLE in the current metagame as an Attack part. If it can KO Basalt on its prominent combos, that means that this wheel could serve as a substitute, or perhaps a particular style of attacker.
Aaah I see. I was under the misconception that tests were done to justify Phantom as being the ultimate wheel, excelling in all 3 types.

I guess we could say Phantom is the most 'balance' metal wheel to date. Figuratively, and literary, haha.
Low Track Stamina/Attack Testing (Click to View)

I seem to be having better luck with Attack testing in Attack mode, so to verify, this is Attack mode, and this is Stamina mode, right?
You are correct.

@NicholasJohnson That question should go in the Ask a Question, Get an Answer thread in the Beyblade General forum.
On the RB discussion, I would also confirm [I own it] that a MINT RB can OS a RF, RSF, etc.

I think we could give a try with RB on Phantom.
(Oct. 26, 2011  9:33 PM)Mr. N Wrote: You are correct.

@NicholasJohnson That question should go in the Ask a Question, Get an Answer thread in the Beyblade General forum.

No, that post does not belong there. In its current state, that post belongs nowhere. He needs to provide more information in his question.

(Oct. 26, 2011  9:29 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:

I seem to be having better luck with Attack testing in Attack mode, so to verify, this is Attack mode, and this is Stamina mode, right?

These tests are quite good! I'm surprised to see it KOing so well on LTAC - and with MF, no less.

Could you try rubber-based Medium Tracks some more? Or MTAC with MF on it?
(Oct. 26, 2011  9:40 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2011  9:29 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote:

These tests are quite good! I'm surprised to see it KOing so well on LTAC - and with MF, no less.

Could you try rubber-based Medium Tracks some more? Or MTAC with MF on it?

I can do some more testing later, but right now I've got to do my homework xD.
I honestly cannot see any current wheel at 90 height KO Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS/MB with MF of all tips unless this CS is extremely aggressive. Unless somehow someone overlooked its absurd amount of recoil (having to be larger than VariAres or Blitz) with its insurmountable stamina, assuming having the two is possible in a single wheel. Even with its mode change it is ridiculously impossible..
You guys are NOT going to believe this...

MF-F (Stamina) PHantom Cancer AD145RF vs MFH Basalt Aquario BD145MB
Phantom 17-20 (10KO's!!!!!!!!!)
Basalt 3-20

Phantom 85%

OK... so I went with a stamina set-up with an RF for two reasons, a) to increase RPM's by having all the weight/power on the edge, b) give the combo longer legs so to speak, increase stamina, for barrage style attacks... the result is an EXTREMELY fast RF combo that acts strangely like XF with grip... AND it moves so fast it easily KO's Basalt BD... KO's people!!! Never thought, but yeah try that shee-ieght.. and when it doesn't hit hard right away, it jabs the carp out of it until it destabilizes... try and enjoy!
That is absolutely amazing!
How about CH120..? :V