[Perth, Western Australia] July 3rd, 2011 - The Only Show in Perth!

on
Hosted by
  th!nk
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Tourney is currently full, barring cancellations.
You may register for a reserves list, and if you would be able to make it on short notice, (like, if I called you at 12:15 to get there by 1), then you may register for that as well (give me a contact number, preferably mobile, and a name). You'll be given major consideration for the second tourney, and if there are a lot of you, I'll host a second tourney in the near future, the soonest it works for everyone. I apologise for not warning you sooner.
If there are another 12 people though, I'll look into doing blocks, but I sincerely doubt that (and it would be hard to manage)

The reason for the limit is out of interest for attendees. We want you to have the maximum number of battles possible for the first tourney, for everyone's sake. The only format that will give us this is normal Round Robin, which is capped at 12 participants (as otherwise, it is too much work for the committee). Please be understanding, that I'm doing this for the good of our tournament scene, and will work to make up for anyone who misses out Smile

What: An Official Tourney, for Perth Bladers!

When: Sunday, 3rd of July (2011). 12 Noon. Tourney Starts at 1PM, Free Play for the Hour Before. Make sure you arrive at 12, please. Cute
Any later than 12:15, and your position is forfeit. If it's 12 and you're not there yet, text me. Full details are here. My number will be provided in the reminder PM.

Where: Kings Park, Variety Pavillion, or surrounding area.
Here's A Map of Kings Park's Venues It's #33, off Saw Avenue.

ENTRY FEE: 5USD (~$4.70 AU). Free for passport holders. Passports will be $10 USD. (They’re not actual physical objects but you can register for one at the event, and you'll receive a Passport Face once the WBO issues it to you). This is all WBO rules.

Prizes: First Prize: $25 Worth of Beyblade Stuff (Prize-Winners Choice)
Second Prize: $15 Worth of Beyblade Stuff (Prize-Winners Choice).
Notes on Prizes (Click to View)
Whatever the WBO’s funding doesn’t cover prizewise, I’ll cover myself.

Rules: Standard WBO Rules. Here. READ THEM. Plus the 3.6 Update: READ IT TOO!

An extra thing, though it isn't a rule, I'd prefer if, out of respect to stadium owners and the tourney holder (me), people refrained from using MS/M145 unless absolutely necessary. It's not against the rules, but in my opinion there is a risk of damage to stadiums due to improper use, and if there is any ill feeling after the event, I won't be inclined to host again.
I'd rather people didn't use the Rev-Up launcher, as it's not totally fair IMO, but that's a personal opinion, and I'm not going/able to stop you. It'll be cool if we kept it to beylaunchers, though, at least for our first tournament Smile

Format: Round Robin. All players battle each other once, and then the three players with the most wins play round robin against each other, number of wins decides placing. Tie Breakers, again, where necessary. This limits us to 12 places, however.

Please read the the Official Event Guide if you're interested in how things will be/should be run.

[b]Only say you can "definitely attend" if you are 100% sure you can make it (check with parents/guardians before posting, PLEASE)
If we end up with only 7 people there on the day because you don't attend, I will hunt you down and launch horrible combo's at you until you are mortally wounded/I get bored. (Storm Cancer 145S: Expect It, All Over Your Face)

I’d love it if everyone could make it (and let’s be honest, we’re in Perth, it’s not like there’s anything else to do), but that probably won't happen. However, if it goes well, I'll look at hosting another, and work it out schedule-wise with the people who couldn't make it to this one. Because I'm a pretty cool guy like that.

So yeah, let's do this thang.

Confirmed Attendees: 12: Full (Click to View)

Super Long Extra Notes that aren't required reading, but may be helpful to anyone who wants explanations/clarifications of stuff/has overprotective parents (Click to View)

Explanation of Tourney Format (Round Robin) (Click to View)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Umm, do you live in Perth? If so, you should really know where.
If you're asking where in Kings Park, then we're still working that out. Probably Variety pavilion.
I posted a map of kings park a few posts back.
So, Will there be a stall there or something for passports? and also, if there isn't, who will be there to make/sell us one. and is anyone going to japan? if anyone IS plz tell me, on account of i can't get any tt beys here even on ebay/amazon an all that.(i don't have a credit card) also, are we allowed to bring beys like...wind aquario(see beyblade 4d the ultimate tag battle)
(Jun. 12, 2011  1:39 AM)cheesyguybb Wrote: So, Will there be a stall there or something for passports? and also, if there isn't, who will be there to make/sell us one. and is anyone going to japan? if anyone IS plz tell me, on account of i can't get any tt beys here even on ebay/amazon an all that.(i don't have a credit card) also, are we allowed to bring beys like...wind aquario(see beyblade 4d the ultimate tag battle)

lol wind aquario is plastic why wouldnt u wanna bring that.
(Jun. 12, 2011  1:39 AM)cheesyguybb Wrote: So, Will there be a stall there or something for passports? and also, if there isn't, who will be there to make/sell us one. and is anyone going to japan? if anyone IS plz tell me, on account of i can't get any tt beys here even on ebay/amazon an all that.(i don't have a credit card) also, are we allowed to bring beys like...wind aquario(see beyblade 4d the ultimate tag battle)
Umm, Passports aren't a physical object. You pay me the $10USD (~$9.50 AU) price at entry (instead of the $5 USD (~$4.75AU) entry fee). I send that to the WBO, and they register you as a passport holder, which just means you're added to the "Passport Holders" group, and given the passport face. You don't get a physical passport or anything.

No one will be selling them, I've got a small idea that's kinda related, for a future tourney, but it's only in the idea stage.

And Wind Aquario isn't legal by WBO rules (Linked to in the OP), light wheels (plastic "metal" wheels), aren't allowed in WBO tourneys, plus, there's no reason to use it.

This tourney is just gonna be a bunch of people and some stadiums. Not really stalls or anything, just kinda a gathering, that's an official (hopefully, still waiting to hear from the committee) tournament.
could i attend? ill try to come dis time.
thank mate!Smug
Sure. I won't put you on the confirmed list, of course, but yeah, it's fine Smile
can i sign up please Grin can 100 % come
@Melvyn: for sure Grin

@Tokyyo Boy: Awesome! Strong competitors make my bey heart beat faster! Grin

I must ask again, any issues with the extra rules re: m145 and MS, anyone? I'm assuming we're all cool with it?

I'll update the attendees list soon. Also, I'll try to bring my Tornado stadium (the yellow and black motorised one), for kicks and giggles in free play.
(Jun. 14, 2011  1:38 AM)th!nk Wrote: @Melvyn: for sure Grin

@Tokyyo Boy: Awesome! Strong competitors make my bey heart beat faster! Grin

I must ask again, any issues with the extra rules re: m145 and MS, anyone? I'm assuming we're all cool with it?

I'll update the attendees list soon. Also, I'll try to bring my Tornado stadium (the yellow and black motorised one), for kicks and giggles in free play.

hahah yea im cool with the ms and m145. ill bring my att stadium and my wide square if it gets here on time Grin
Awesome! Wide square will be cool for free play, I've wanted to try it for ages. An extra attack stadium is always awesome news Grin I'm so glad you can come Smile
(Jun. 14, 2011  2:30 AM)th!nk Wrote: Awesome! Wide square will be cool for free play, I've wanted to try it for ages. An extra attack stadium is always awesome news Grin I'm so glad you can come Smile

the wide square should get here next week Grin so how many stadiums do we currently have?
3 tt attacks, which is probably plenty, considering we'll be limited judge-wise anyway. Smile
Is anyone going to film? i would love to see some video of this Wink
I'll try to see what I can get on my phone, but I wouldn't expect much, as I'll be busy running the thing. Plus, I'm a,pretty bad photographer.
I can bring my wide square stadium for free play and of course ill be bringing my attack stadium
my friend thinking of making an acount to enter but he asked me to ask you "can you switch beys during battles?"
No, you must use the same bey for all 5 rounds of a single battle. You may use different blades for different battles, but according to wbo rules, during a single battle with an opponent, you.must both use the s as me bey.

If you're using a dual spin bey and lr launcher, you may choose a different spin direction, and you may changw the mode of parts with a mode change which DO NOT require you to disassemble the bey in any way (basically ch120, th170, and hf/s from memory)

All of this is made clear on the rules that are linked to in the first post. Everyone MUST understand these before attending the tourney, so I'd appreciate it if everyone read them carefully before asking any more questions.
(Jun. 14, 2011  5:51 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Is anyone going to film? i would love to see some video of this Wink
I have my own camera and might be able to do it (if I remember to bring the camera) Wink.
cheesyguybb i wasnt talking about you sorry if you thought i did
There's a chance I might not be 100% on the day, so if people can try and focus on solutions instead of problems, it'd be real nice. Make sure you've read the rules beforehand, and understand them fully. They are linked to in the OP. You're expected to know these as a wbo member anyway, so it's very much worth your while to do so. That said, I've run harder things in worse shape, so we WILL be fine Smile

Also, we won't be banning/restricting m145 or ms, and I'll alter the OP to express this. However, the use of either is strongly discouraged, and out of respect for people who are letting you use their stadiums to make this happen, I'm asking that you not use them unless absolutely necesssary. It's a respect thing, and if there's ill feeling after the event, it may discourage me from supporting future events in Perth.

As for the rev up launcher, as long as you don't modify it, you can use it however. Still, it'd be cool if people stuck to beylaunchers.
Just in case you didn't notice the change of forum, this tourney is now OFFICIAL!!!

That's right Perth bladers, we did it! Sunday 3rd July will be Perth's first ever official WBO tournament!

Of course, 8 people have to show up for it to work, but given we've got 11 confirmed attendees, that shouldn't be a problem!

Is your BEY-SPIRIT PUMPED?!?

I honestly can't explain how proud I am that this is happening, let's be honest: Nothing Ever Happens In Perth, so this is quite the achievement, haha Grin
Yes i am so happy it's official. All I can say is thank you th!nk for hosting this tournament. Smile
Hah, without all you guy's help, there's no way I'd have gotten this thing off the ground Cute
Heck, I've got glandular fever right now, if you guys weren't so amazing, I'd have called off or postponed it (as there's a small but possible chance I'll still be run down come the tourney. Won't be contagious though, I made sure Smile). Frankly, if it does linger that long, I'll bring a chair.

It's only because you're all so great that I was motivated enough to do this in the first place. Really, you've only got yourselves to thank. Tongue_out

Now, I expect everyone to be going to temples or mountains or waterfalls or caves for DEEP training.

Oh, we may be doing a sausage sizzle, so people don't have to hunt down food. Still sorting that all out. It'd be good if people bought water bottles, but I'll try to have a little cool drink available too. Bring snacks/muesli bars or whatever if you think you'll need them, though Smile

And do remember to dress for the weather, bring umbrellas/raincoats if it's overcast.
Hopefully Perth will reach a stage where we can expect 30 people to turn up to tourneys like all the other cities. Can't wait until that day.