Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade

Even though the Metal Fight Beyblade Anime & Manga sorta just started, i'm curious to see everyones thoughts about MFB, compared to the original 3 seasons Smile chat away!
MFB owns. That is all.
As much as I adore the first three series, I have to say, they are kinda getting owned by MFB. It really is very good for what it is.
MFB is way better.
i wished that the bit-beasts in MFB could have been more "creative", they didnt have any cool armor like in the original 3 seasons, but yeah, MFB is turning out to be a great series
(Jul. 11, 2009  6:30 PM)B3ASTLY Wrote: i wished that the bit-beasts in MFB could have been more "creative", they didnt have any cool armor like in the original 3 seasons, but yeah, MFB is turning out to be a great series

Because they're not bit beasts, they're symbols of the horoscope. Frankly, the less time spent focusing on them, the better.
Well...in my opinion.....MFB is just completely devastating the old series. It's just better overall. I see a LOT of hate for it though. Although it's mainly just people complaining that Kai isn't in it. Tired
(Jul. 13, 2009  12:12 AM)Raikage Wrote: Well...in my opinion.....MFB is just completely devastating the old series. It's just better overall. I see a LOT of hate for it though. Although it's mainly just people complaining that Kai isn't in it. Tired

These people would never, ever have been satisfied unless it was the original cast, because they are too trapped in the past to consider something new.
In the 15 episodes MFB has been out, it has managed to completely blow the original series out of the water.

MFB is just so much better.
(Jul. 13, 2009  12:12 AM)Raikage Wrote: Well...in my opinion.....MFB is just completely devastating the old series. It's just better overall. I see a LOT of hate for it though. Although it's mainly just people complaining that Kai isn't in it. Tired

Exactly. I have seen many irritating comments stating that Kyouya should "burn in hell" because they believe he "copied Kai". I, like many of you agree that MFB is far more interesting than the previous series as well.
(Jul. 13, 2009  12:19 AM)Ribbon-hime Wrote: Exactly. I have seen many irritating comments stating that Kyouya should "burn in hell" because they believe he "copied Kai".

I have seen comments like that about Kyouya too. And I honestly don't see much similarity between Kyouya and Kai......they look NOTHING alike and they're personalities aren't really that similar either.
kyouya and kai have nothing in common, in that kyouya actually has a personality

that being said, that character archetype certainly didn't begin with kai

anime fangirls are idiots, surprise
MFB > Past series.
Just from this topic, I think I'll have to check the series out now. I've never seen over 10 episodes from any of the past series.
(Jul. 13, 2009  12:19 AM)Ribbon-hime Wrote: Exactly. I have seen many irritating comments stating that Kyouya should "burn in hell" because they believe he "copied Kai". I, like many of you agree that MFB is far more interesting than the previous series as well.

Whoa, what? I've heard others bashing MFB as well, but that one is new to me. Chocked_2
It is rather annoying to hear others bashing the new series just cuz they're butthurt that the old characters aren't in it. Stop being narrow-minded! <- not directed at any of you. :3

I've also heard complaints that the new season should've focused on their kids. I don't know about any of you, but I would not have liked that one bit.

As much as I like Kai (I won't be a spazzy fangirl,) Kyouya is a totally different character. The one factor they share is that they both were leaders of gangs who targeted others' Beys at one time. The similarities start and end there.

Now to get back on topic. Though the original Beyblade will always hold a special place in my heart, I am quite satisfied with MFB. It is an awesome revival and I love it. I'm glad I am no longer a narrow-minded stickler for original series as I was a few years ago that I can enjoy MFB fully.
(Jul. 13, 2009  12:38 AM)G Wrote: Just from this topic, I think I'll have to check the series out now. I've never seen over 10 episodes from any of the past series.

[Image: gasp.png]
MFB is alot better. I agree that not focusing on "bit beasts" so much is making it better in one way. There's so many other things that make MFB better than the original.
Tetsu can send crabs to eat people

I believe the choice is very obvious.
Beycopters, the ultimate blade used by the great evil, the protagonist getting pawned good and no bitbeasts: MFB is eyes closed better than the old series
MFB is better IMO as well. Still. I think Season1 is a close 2nd for me. I just <3 the art style in that. XD

0.0 Can't believe G has barely seen the anime.
i hate it, im 6 ep in and i dont like it at ALL, season 1>2>3>4 its been going down hill for me, maybe its cause i had a six yr hiatus from beyblade,i stopped watchin half way through the 3rd season, im 17 now and it doesnt have the same effect on me anymore, i just like to collect beyblades now instead of battle:\
(Jul. 13, 2009  6:05 AM)lasean Wrote: i just like to collect beyblades now instead of battle:\

I can't for the life of me understand this. Beyblade is a fun hobby because they do stuff. If you want to collect pretty things, there are far better hobbies. Speechless
I personally enjoyed G Revolution (Particularly prior to the BBA takeover) a lot more than any other beyblade series but that's just me.

I see MFB for what it is, an updated, refined beyblade series. Less focus on bit beasts, a little bit of anime series corn (as opposed to the thick peanut buttery stuff from BB S1-3), and some funky what-if gimmicks for a world much more focused around beyblades. Writing wise I feel it's been done better than the first ones, the characters are their own, though food is a continual running gag, and there seems to be a decent balance between elements. I'm curious to get a bit more of a back story on how beyblades affect the modern world, how popular it is, and some more specific elements that were present in BB S1-3 and haven't popped up yet in MFB. That being said they haven't even gotten to a tournament yet. Haven't touched the manga at all just yet since I'm reading so many already AND now I'm busy wracking my brain about customizations for the Aug. 22nd Tourney >>
MFB is much better in every way possible.

Also, I hated when the battles in the old series were just huge monsters in the air fighting eachother instead of the actual Beyblades. There seems to be none of that in the new series. Smile