Original Beyblade V.S. Metal Fight Beyblade

Hiro, they have gotten to the tournament in the manga, it should start in the anime soon. Grin
(Jul. 13, 2009  7:21 AM)Mankster Wrote: MFB is much better in every way possible.

Also, I hated when the battles in the old series were just huge monsters in the air fighting eachother instead of the actual Beyblades. There seems to be none of that in the new series. Smile

There wasn't much of that in G Rev either though, mostly why I enjoyed it. In fact, G Rev probably rubbed off on MFB in that aspect. I see a strong semblance in battles (aside from truly crazy trick dishes) between the two.

YAY tournament, I love those parts Grin
A lot of the G-Revolution staff returned for MFB.
i am enjoing the new MFB anime more than the older ones, tbh i only watched the first season and a couple of eps of the other 2 seasons.

and yaay i loove tournaments Smile
(Jul. 13, 2009  6:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I can't for the life of me understand this. Beyblade is a fun hobby because they do stuff. If you want to collect pretty things, there are far better hobbies. Speechless

well since i posted my first comment i watched 4 more episodes, now im at ep 10 and its getting better, i don't hate it any more, its alright now, but season 1 still beats it to me, and i said now playin with them just don't appeal to me like they did, i just like to collect and build things now, plus who am i gonna battle with, im 17, no one over here knows about mfb, i don't know anybody who likes anime, im a black male that lives in the south, meaning i live with the most closed minded people in the usa, the only people around here who like anime only like naruto so i can't battle if i wanted to, i could battle myself but its not as fun,i'll just build, customize, and launch em a few times just to see whats its like to have a metal beyblade since i never had the hms and the only beyblade i got left is a plastic driger g kid dragoon custom blade
yes MFB is better but theres one thing the haters should be told that MFB is done by a new writer so it can't be linked to the old series as well as none of the characters transferable

but yeh mfb rocks =]
(Jul. 13, 2009  10:52 AM)lasean Wrote: plus who am i gonna battle with, im 17, no one over here knows about mfb, i don't know anybody who likes anime, im a black male that lives in the south, meaning i live with the most closed minded people in the usa, the only people around here who like anime only like naruto so i can't battle if i wanted to,

I'm a 19 year old Black Male in the South and I'm getting along just fine. So yea, that excuse doesn't really fly. Just say what my Dad tells/has told me: "You could be doing something a lot worse"
(Jul. 13, 2009  11:31 AM)undeadboll Wrote: yes MFB is better but theres one thing the haters should be told that MFB is done by a new writer so it can't be linked to the old series as well as none of the characters transferable

but yeh mfb rocks =]

Some of them are aware that's it's a new writer, and that's another reason they hate it. To them if it's not Takao Aoki working on it, then it's not worth their time.
(Jul. 13, 2009  3:54 PM)A.E.Cerridwyn Wrote: Some of them are aware that's it's a new writer, and that's another reason they hate it. To them if it's not Takao Aoki working on it, then it's not worth their time.

Huh, so they're not even giving the new writer a chance?
Most people love one series and hate the other,i really like both! Smile
(Jul. 13, 2009  3:58 PM)Dude Wrote: Huh, so they're not even giving the new writer a chance?

Nope.

I'm curious now, to those who have seen it, where did you find the MFB bashing? I found it (surprise surprise) on a Beyblade forum over at FFNET. All the stuff they say is so aggravating. Angry
(Jul. 13, 2009  11:21 PM)A.E.Cerridwyn Wrote: Nope.

I'm curious now, to those who have seen it, where did you find the MFB bashing? I found it (surprise surprise) on a Beyblade forum over at FFNET. All the stuff they say is so aggravating. Angry

I found it there as well. If memory serves me right, that is also the place where the Kyouya bashing took place .
(Jul. 13, 2009  11:27 PM)Ribbon-hime Wrote: I found it there as well. If memory serves me right, that is also the place where the Kyouya bashing took place .

Meh, for all we know, it's the only place where bashing took place. Maybe all the rest of the world just loves MFB Joyful_3
(Jul. 13, 2009  11:21 PM)A.E.Cerridwyn Wrote: I'm curious now, to those who have seen it, where did you find the MFB bashing? I found it (surprise surprise) on a Beyblade forum over at FFNET. All the stuff they say is so aggravating. Angry
It will be on every Beyblade message board ... Mainly, I saw some on deviantART and forums in other languages.
(Jul. 14, 2009  12:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It will be on every Beyblade message board ... Mainly, I saw some on deviantART and forums in other languages.

Except for here, of course. Joyful_2 One of the comms over on LJ seem to like it as well. Granted, they sorta bashed it at first, but their opinions seemed to have changed since then.
A common thing amongst anime fans is being a purist, it's just like the common (though much more warranted) belief that subs are much better than English dubbing. A bit of an extreme look but it's probably the easiest way to understanding the dislike for a new writer. I am happy to hear that the many of the same people who worked on G Rev came to MFB. I enjoyed the battle animations and styles a lot, it gives me much more to look forward to for MFB especially now that I know there is a tournament coming up XD

One difference I've noticed from MFB and the original was the skill development. MFB hits a lot heavier with the Bladers soul and heart, leaving skill and practice, dedication, and the 'hardship' that comes along with it. In the original they touched on it ultimately, however they showed the characters struggles to achieve new skill levels, hone their skills, and out grow their older beyblades into more powerful ones.
i personaly liked the english version of the old seasons better than the japanease versions, mainly because they replaced the "insrumental" background music with awsome rock & roll songs like underdog,im not going down, and rise above the storm
(Jul. 14, 2009  2:28 AM)B3ASTLY Wrote: i personaly liked the english version of the old seasons better than the japanease versions, mainly because they replaced the "insrumental" background music with awsome rock & roll songs like underdog,im not going down, and rise above the storm

Are you serious?! That's one of the reasons people didn't like the English Dub: those songs are terrible!
I actually liked the songs >_>
(Jul. 14, 2009  4:00 AM)Slammin Wrote: Are you serious?! That's one of the reasons people didn't like the English Dub: those songs are terrible!

Are you kidding? Those songs were awesome!
(Jul. 14, 2009  2:28 AM)B3ASTLY Wrote: i personaly liked the english version of the old seasons better than the japanease versions, mainly because they replaced the "insrumental" background music with awsome rock & roll songs like underdog,im not going down, and rise above the storm

You realize most of the character themes in GRev were heavy metal, right?
Eh most people wouldn't classify any of the songs as anything besides attempts at putting a song intended for an anime into a genre be it pop, rock, or heavy metal.

I think I only really liked "Underdog" and "I'm not going down."
I liked "Swing Low" and "Underdog" the most.
(Jul. 14, 2009  4:00 AM)Slammin Wrote: Are you serious?! That's one of the reasons people didn't like the English Dub: those songs are terrible!

just my opinion; jeez kid,
the songs were freakin' awsome and the voice cast was pretty sweet too! im rly glad that most of the staff from g-rev came back to make MFB, g-rev is my favorate of the 3 original beyblade seasons and MFB is turning out to be a great season too!
Songs are heaps good(don't dis'em!)