Orange F230 VS Brown F230 - Comparison

@Loene19 I give u a challenge Use Hasbro Orange F230

and use this

Genbull Dragoon (Hasbro)Orange F230GCF

3 out of 5
(Feb. 22, 2014  9:57 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Speaking of that, I got the Hasbro's Orange, on Dragoon F230 CF it lost to Phantom Orion, about 95% of my informal matches.
(Mar. 12, 2014  10:28 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Feb. 22, 2014  9:57 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Speaking of that, I got the Hasbro's Orange, on Dragoon F230 CF it lost to Phantom Orion, about 95% of my informal matches.
What combo u have in mind to challenge me so I can Prove to u something.
I can confirm what Leone19 said. Hasbro's orange F230 Track isn't as effective as a TT one (which puts it back behind the point where it actually becomes a threat, as Duo SAA165EWD/B : D can out spin it pretty consistently).
So here is a list of F230 molds in order of best to worst:
TT Orange
TT Brown
Hasbro Orange
Hasbro Red

Please tell me if you agree with this list.
Yeah... Just need more testing on the hasbro orange F230...
(Mar. 13, 2014  7:33 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: I can confirm what Leone19 said. Hasbro's orange F230 Track isn't as effective as a TT one (which puts it back behind the point where it actually becomes a threat, as Duo SAA165EWD/B : D can out spin it pretty consistently).
Again do u people even own It. Said like do u even ow it.

I hate the fact u really don't see much Potential of Hasbro Orange F230 through It was released like what a couple weeks or so. Yet all u guys said it not all that great Pinching_eyes_2. Well throw a combo and I'll try to prove ya wrong.
Yes, he owns a hasbro orange F230.

If you think its so great,show a testing video comparing it too a TT orange F230 in a BB-10.
(Mar. 13, 2014  7:51 PM)Aquamarine Wrote: So here is a list of F230 molds in order of best to worst:
TT Orange
TT Brown
Hasbro Orange
Hasbro Red

Please tell me if you agree with this list.

All of my Hasbro F230s perform roughly equal to the brown one I had, so IDK if there's really any point in ranking them amongst each other if they're all in about the same ballpark, with some performing slightly better than others simply due to variation in manufacturing.
So, results are in, after a careful cleaning of all three I switched the longer screw from my tt orange one into the red one and it showed a dramatic improvement in performance, up to being comparable with my brown one. Is this legal?
(Feb. 23, 2014  7:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Except that F230 is not meant to be separated. At all. Even ED145 is not supposed to be mixed with other cores, and the only reason it is possible is for the simplicity of its assembly at the factory.

(Feb. 23, 2014  9:07 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Yes, you are technically not supposed to dissassemble it, just like M145 should not be touched.
So even taking it apart and washing it is illegal ? I hope nobody has done that and used it in a tournament... That was/is a popular method of making it better...
th!nk asked me to find the exact rule that says that, but for the moment all I have found is that you definitely cannot use parts against their original intent. That does not necessarily prove without a doubt that ED145's core cannot be used with other wings though, so I keep searching ...
If disassembly is illegal, then every F230 I or anyone I know owns is useless.

Taking it apart is absolutely necessary for maintainance, and if you use one heavily it'll die pretty fast. Cleaning the inside is very important.
Technically, if you take it apart and assemble it back as it were, nobody will even known you took it apart in the first place and cleaned it. However, if you mix and match parts that are obviously not the same colour, that is not necessarily supposed to happen. Also, part wear has always been an obvious tactic by TAKARA-TOMY to make you buy the same things repetitively; this is not the first time.
(Mar. 14, 2014  3:07 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Taking it apart is absolutely necessary for maintainance, and if you use one heavily it'll die pretty fast. Cleaning the inside is very important.

You don't have to take the thing apart to flush it out with water, run it under the sink and blow out the excess liquid (along with debris)

I have done this several time with success/improved performance
Then you've got the problem with switching parts between brands with orange F230's, which is impossible to spot.

Woulda worked better for 'em if they'd used tri-wing screws, LOL. XD

(Mar. 14, 2014  3:19 AM)The Bishop Wrote:
(Mar. 14, 2014  3:07 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Taking it apart is absolutely necessary for maintainance, and if you use one heavily it'll die pretty fast. Cleaning the inside is very important.

You don't have to take the thing apart to flush it out with water, run it under the sink and blow out the excess liquid (along with debris)

I have done this several time with success/improved performance

What causes the biggest problem is residue buildup, which takes scrubbing to fix (in some cases, if you leave it alone long enough, you have to chip the flakes off with a knife carefully). Flushing it out by running it under the sink will improve performance short-term, but after a while it's not gonna do enough.
(Jan. 08, 2014  3:54 AM)Tʀɪ Wrote: You can't. You can simply rinse it with water to improve its movement a little bit but that's about it.

Yes You can i did it yesterday and it has a little LAD now its not even illegal because i only switched the screw but another
i test tt genbull dragoon f230 gcf vs killerken dragoon f230 gcf gd 14-6 kd / luancher - lr luancher staidum zero g i hope it help Wink
You have to do 20 tests, so no that doesn't really help this thread.
So...loosening a screw will help LAD?
I have a new Brown one.
According to TBD and Thunder Dome, it's best to have it as tight as possible.
Hmm, I'll check that to-night.
So far I'm using MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon (Hasbro mold) F230GCF.
(Sep. 06, 2014  3:06 AM)Neo Wrote: Hmm, I'll check that to-night.
So far I'm using MSF-H Wyvang Dragooon (Hasbro mold) F230GCF.

You definitely need to tighten the screw as much as possible (I have experience of trying to illegally modify my red one). Loosening the screw gives the bottom half more 'play" and makes the track wobbly thus making the track have less spin time and LAD.