Poll: Would you Attend
Yes
No
Possibly
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4 Average

[Newcastle, UK] Nothern Brawl 2
Newt

Newcastle's TO
BeyRank: #264 (1,202)
Face of CourageFace of DaysBronze FaceCapricorne FaceBrad FaceAmber FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIEmerald FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSapphire Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 11 2010 03:33 PM by Newt.)
Revived this topic instead of starting a new one. The Northen brawl 2 Discussion starts on page 7.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Newcastl...l-2?page=7

Date: Saturday 4th December 2010 ( 4/12/10)
Time: 1pm

Venue: Leazes Park (Band Stand Area) Newcastle (NE, UK).
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/newt2310/park.jpg
Directions from St Jamses Park metro station.

If there is enough interest in this topic i will apply for an official event.

If approved \|/
Entry Fee:
Without Passport £3
Blader Passport holder Free

Prizes: (Subject to change based on attendance.)
Beyblade for 1st and 2nd

Sometimes we don't learn from our mistakes.
[Image: snksiggy.jpg]
Sometimes we've no choice but to walk away...
Jun 04 2009 03:25 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Rocky

~~~
BeyRank: #865 (1,066)
Antique FaceSagittario FacePeridot FaceAmber FaceDJ FaceFace of SoulFace of CourageAquario FaceSilver FaceFace of Days
(This post was last modified: Jun 04 2009 04:32 PM by Rocky.)
Hmm.....this is a bit of a trek for me (generally speaking, if I have to look the place up on google maps, it's a long way away). Whilst I would like to come to such events and I personally don't mind travelling (aspecially if I could travel with some other Londoners) I sincerely doubt my parents would be so willing to let me go, aspecially as I would most likely have to stay the night. T_T That said, I'm all for something happening up North, even if I can't make it. If we can get two active communities in the UK that'd be great. Smile

I personaly wouldn't attempt to hold them once a month. Maybe when MFB gains more popularity but for now that might be pushing it a little. I suppose if you did go ahead and organize something, you would have to see how it went and get feedback from those who attended though.

I am interested to see what other people, specifically the more Northern of us, make of your proposal. :3
The users NeekAlert and Starwulfen may be interested.
Jun 04 2009 04:31 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Zander Soulwind

It's all in the soul
BeyRank: #2,937 (944)
Face of CourageDranzer FaceAntique FaceFace of DaysBull FaceWolf Face

The UK really is starting to kick off with MFB and tournys which rocks, Sorry that I wouldn't end up going though, my money is a bit limited at the moment and I will be saving for other things, sorry.

Are you the one that was cosplayed as Lambo at the expo?

[Image: bradday2seal.png]
[Image: zandersoulwindsignature.jpg]
Drago's Rage!
Jun 04 2009 04:37 PM
Starwulfen

BeyRank: #1,682 (1,008)
Aries FaceFace of Days

I would be definately be interested in a Northern tournament, although not every month.

[Image: elliotsig.png]
Thank you so much to theflightyellz for my avatar
Jun 06 2009 10:30 AM
Giga

Call me Will :D
Antique FaceLapis Lazuli Face
(This post was last modified: Jun 08 2009 10:22 PM by Rocky.)
(Jun 04 2009 04:31 PM)Rocky Wrote:  Hmm.....this is a bit of a trek for me (generally speaking, if I have to look the place up on google maps, it's a long way away). Whilst I would like to come to such events and I personally don't mind travelling (aspecially if I could travel with some other Londoners) I sincerely doubt my parents would be so willing to let me go, aspecially as I would most likely have to stay the night. T_T That said, I'm all for something happening up North, even if I can't make it. If we can get two active communities in the UK that'd be great. Smile

I personaly wouldn't attempt to hold them once a month. Maybe when MFB gains more popularity but for now that might be pushing it a little. I suppose if you did go ahead and organize something, you would have to see how it went and get feedback from those who attended though.

I am interested to see what other people, specifically the more Northern of us, make of your proposal. :3
The users NeekAlert and Starwulfen may be interested.

And uh, me?

[Image: promotion.jpg]
Thanks to Ellz for my Face Smile
Jun 08 2009 10:18 PM
Rocky

~~~
BeyRank: #865 (1,066)
Antique FaceSagittario FacePeridot FaceAmber FaceDJ FaceFace of SoulFace of CourageAquario FaceSilver FaceFace of Days

Hmm, don't know how I missed you. ^^;
Jun 08 2009 10:21 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO
Face of CourageFace of DaysBronze FaceCapricorne FaceBrad FaceAmber FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIEmerald FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSapphire Face

I'm going to try out something small fairly soon. I talked to one of the organisers who said its ok depending on how busy the place gets.

I've also talked with a few friends who would be interested in playing i think ill get a tourney of at least 8 people Smile
I'll let you guys know how everything goes.

Jun 15 2009 02:47 PM

Hi. I'm from Sheffield, living in the city centre. I'd like to join in this tournament, but I'd like some kind of example post code if you could provide one so that I can see the distance, and what kind of plans I'll need to make to get there.

I don't have much experience with this new system of blade, but from what I hear they're better, heavier and more powerful than the HMS system, which was already an improvement considering that back in my day we used everything plastic except the weight disk. Hehe.
Jul 02 2009 01:19 AM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

I dont have the pist code for the venue but you could probably get it from the premier inn website. I think its the only one in newcastle. As for train its literaly 10 minutes walk from newcastle central station.

there might not be another ine for a while as the TO is on holiday at the moment but ill keep you posted.

Jul 02 2009 01:55 PM
(This post was last modified: Jul 02 2009 06:09 PM by Camarilla.)
Hmm, just checked trainline and it doesn't look like I'd be able to make it. It'd cost upwards of £100 for me to stay for one night, including accomadation (which would probably be at premier inn itself Pinching_grin)
Jul 02 2009 06:04 PM

where abouts is the venue in Newcastle that this event is being held?
Jul 06 2009 08:29 PM

If only I had a car... I'd sleep in it for all I care, it'd cut £70 off my costs.
Jul 06 2009 11:19 PM
Serotonin

★ // mid afternoon
BeyRank: #555 (1,112)
Gemios FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceLapis Lazuli FaceFace of SoulAntique FaceFace of DaysDJ FaceDriger FaceDranzer FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceWolborg FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceRose Gold FacePegasis FaceGill FaceL Drago FaceHerculeo FaceBlaze FaceFox FaceBeafowl FaceBeelzeb FaceCygnus FaceEternal Passport Face

(Jul 06 2009 08:29 PM)MIXY Blader Wrote:  where abouts is the venue in Newcastle that this event is being held?

---

Newt Wrote:I understand that the commute would be quite far for some people but luckily enough the Event is in Premier inn so if you needed to stay a night you could stay in the same venue as the tourney.
At the moment I haven’t set anything in place because I’m waiting for feedback of you guys.

Newt Wrote:I dont have the pist code for the venue but you could probably get it from the premier inn website. I think its the only one in newcastle. As for train its literaly 10 minutes walk from newcastle central station.

Jul 06 2009 11:29 PM

It's a legit question, if you had bothered checking the premier inn website there are around 9 in NEwcastle, and to anyone who isn't living near or doesn't regularly visit, the second statement may not help much.

Geez, the attitude on some people.
Jul 07 2009 08:23 AM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT
Lapis Lazuli FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceAmethyst FaceFace of WarPeridot FaceKiva FacePainite FacePegasis FaceBrad FaceBull FaceBrad FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVEternal Passport Face

Calm down, everyone. This isn't worth getting in a fight over.

I no longer manage nor work for the WBO. Do not PM or e-mail me questions about Beyblade! I will not respond!
Jul 07 2009 09:06 AM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

(Jul 07 2009 08:23 AM)Camarilla Wrote:  It's a legit question, if you had bothered checking the premier inn website there are around 9 in NEwcastle, and to anyone who isn't living near or doesn't regularly visit, the second statement may not help much.

Its the Newcastle Central premier inn on newbridge street.

The next tourney is in early august as far as im aware ill post more details when i get them.

Jul 07 2009 04:28 PM

I'll do my best to be there, but I can't cast a guarenteed vote because I'm not sure if I'll have the money.
Jul 07 2009 05:18 PM
Newt

Newcastle's TO

Thats ok mate. Given that i can't take entrance money to help with prize support and theres no beypoints. Its undestandable if you cant make it. To be honest i wouldnt pay £50+ to go to a tourney with no prizes.

If it realy takes off up here i might be inclined to start buying prize support myself but as for now i simply cant afford it.

Also MIXY where abouts in Newcastle you from mate?

Jul 07 2009 05:53 PM
(This post was last modified: Jun 25 2010 10:31 PM by Camarilla.)
Prizes or not, I want to come. I like socializing, I like travelling and I like beyblade. It's my perfect kind of place, but I'm a volunteer worker at the NHS, so money's tight for now.
Jul 07 2009 06:58 PM
Serotonin

★ // mid afternoon
BeyRank: #555 (1,112)
Gemios FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceLapis Lazuli FaceFace of SoulAntique FaceFace of DaysDJ FaceDriger FaceDranzer FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceWolborg FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceRose Gold FacePegasis FaceGill FaceL Drago FaceHerculeo FaceBlaze FaceFox FaceBeafowl FaceBeelzeb FaceCygnus FaceEternal Passport Face

(Jul 07 2009 08:23 AM)Camarilla Wrote:  It's a legit question, if you had bothered checking the premier inn website there are around 9 in NEwcastle, and to anyone who isn't living near or doesn't regularly visit, the second statement may not help much.

I'm not really feeling where you got my "attitude" from, but whatever.

[Image: newcastlemap.th.jpg]

To make up for it. x

Jul 07 2009 10:38 PM