Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average

NPR records Beyblade story, showcases Sliding Shoot Lesson!
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
BeyRank: #531 (1,116)
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days VEmerald Face

Hello again all World Beybladers!

This is actually a news that not even the other Committee Members know of at the moment, but it's really awesome and it came right with perfect timing!

You all remember that last Monday, we celebrated Brad Day, right? We took a moment to enjoy the existence of this organization, and we thanked Brad for all he did.

Well, on the same day, we actually got contacted by Elizabeth Blair from the National Public Radio for an interview! Unfortunately, and she had warned me, she did not have enough time given for her story to mention the World Beyblade Organization in the end, but she did actually place our video of the Sliding Shoot Lesson on the matching article for the radio story online! Brad's very own creation, Beyblade Channel's very first lesson video gets featured in such a big radio's story, what a feat!

If you want to read the article and listen to her recording, you can go right here:

You can also read that the United States champion for 2011, Zakiah Garcia, apparently uses Big Bang Pegasis and it seems like he might have used it in the national championships, or at least that's what his speech and the article hint at. It could also just be his nickname for a combination with a Pegasis Clear Wheel, since 4D Beyblades are not supposed to be allowed at all...

In other, older news, this isn't the first time the World Beyblade Organization gets featured in the media: around the beginning of the year, Gulli Mag, a popular French magazine for kids, interviewed Kei (Scott) and I (Virginie) and published our answers in an exclusive Beyblade special issue!

The cover:
[Image: GulliMag_Couverture.jpg]

The pagespread where our interview appears:
[Image: GulliMag_Gros.jpg]

A close-up:
[Image: GulliMag_Section.jpg]

Of course, the words are in French, so here's a translation, but remember that we answered the interviewer's questions almost a year ago, so our suggestions are really outclassed now!

Quote:Pros' tips and experiences
Scott (18 years old) and Virginie (19 years old) are part of the WBO, an organisation of Bladers in Canada. There, Virginie participated in a tournament. Scott, on his side, came in the top 3 in 6 tournaments and won 2 others. Your mag[azine] tells you their experiences and their tips to really get prepared for your upcoming battles...

In what state of mind do you need to be to begin your battles?
Scott: The most important thing is not to undersetimate your opponent. You can't go to your matches thinking that it'll be an easy win. In Beyblade battles, the fight begins even before you've attached your top to the launcher. Preparation is therefore a key element. And you must try to anticipate what top your opponent will use in order to counter it.

What combo would you suggest?
Scott: If you can master your shooting technique, MF Lightning L Drago 100RF is deadly!
Virginie: In a tournament, I've realised that few people succeed with Attack types. I would therefore mostly suggest to use a Defense type or a Stamina type. A Beyblade like Earth Bull 100WD/SD, for instance, should mutliply your chances of winning the battle.

And later in the magazine, the link to our website is repeated as well.

This isn't much news, one could say, but I think it's awesome to see how far this site has gotten from another point of view. Come on, let's try to reach the stars now!

[Image: UeGedi8.png]
BEYBLADE SPIRIT l The Cover's Book | Kai-Zer l BEYUNION
ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Dec 13 2011 05:09 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Ga'

Pierce the heavens!
BeyRank: #187 (1,244)
Antique FaceRose Gold FaceQuetzalcoatl Face IISilver FaceAmber FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceWBBA Caesar FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA L Drago Face

Woah, awesome news!

NPR's the station with the whole 'Story Corps' thing, so this is really cool. Talk about world recognition!

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere."

-Anton Ego/Peter O'Toole (1932-2013)
Dec 13 2011 05:12 AM
Away Find all posts by this user
Raigeko13

RULES OF NATURE
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceCapricorne FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 13 2011 05:21 AM by Raigeko13.)
Wow! Great publicity for the WBO!
Great to see it getting some acknowledgement ;D
Awesome interviews too!

EDIT:
... Don't you just love those obnoxious comments on the article?

[Image: oqcqh.png]
Dec 13 2011 05:16 AM
Fury

~The One And Only~
BeyRank: #933 (1,057)
Amber FaceSilver FaceFace of Days IISilver FaceAquila FaceDraciel FaceRose Gold FaceAnubis FaceEinstein FaceThunder Dragon FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceSea Dragon FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IIIBronze Face

That's cool. I think he did use big bang he's like " it turns from stamina to defnce" and that kinda hints to a 4d bottom....

[Image: wolborgsig.png]
Look At Me Look At You, Unleash Fury Is What Im Going To Do, Cause Im Gonna Win It Baby, What Else Is New, Fury is back, round 2
Give you all the recap, got a Metal Gear flow
Cause it's so solid, my whole team ballin
Dec 13 2011 05:20 AM
Hov

Jon™
BeyRank: #71 (1,374)
Bronze FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IISagittario FaceEmerald FaceDranzer FaceAntique FaceCancer FaceGill FaceWolborg FaceSapphire FaceBeafowl FaceSusanow FaceSilver FacePassport Face

Wow congrats WBO! We're taking this one step at a time! Sooner or later when this site reaches up to a million, we'll need more commitee members ! Haha. Then again, congrats Kei and Kai-V!

Click here for the most classic thread on WBO of all time. Enjoy!

Strive for greatness.
Dec 13 2011 05:24 AM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ

ALL THIS POWER
BeyRank: #85 (1,342)
DJ FaceEmerald FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceSapphire FaceSilver FaceAmber FaceRose Gold FaceGold FaceRuby FaceFace of Days IIIAntique FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAverazer FaceAverazer FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceTrypio FaceGigars FaceSilver FaceCyber Pegasis FaceCygnus FaceCygnus FaceSerpent FaceSerpent FaceCrown FaceOrion FaceJupiter FaceFox FaceHerculeo FaceBlaze FaceCancer FaceAnubis FaceCancer FaceAquila FaceCancer FaceAquila FaceCancer FaceAnniversary Face 2012Sagittario FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceOnyx FaceBronze FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA L Drago FaceGirago FaceCyber Pegasis FaceEonis FaceGill FaceNemesis FaceBronze FaceDriger Fang Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 13 2011 05:31 AM by Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ.)
I thinks it's funny that the man in charge of Hasbro's marketing said that if the bey has a sharp tip, it's an Attack type, whereas he said a flat tip made it a Stamina type Pinching_grin.

Congrats all the same, though!

[Image: bn7gjP3.png]
Live in Virginia? Click HERE to see if any tournaments are coming up near you!
Dec 13 2011 05:30 AM

Amazing news!!!
Thats great.very cool.

[Image: 488363_353453208063092_589724149_n.jpg]
Credits goes to arayh on devaintart for the epic picture.I just edited it a little.
Dec 13 2011 05:38 AM
Away Find all posts by this user
Arupaeo

Climbing Back
BeyRank: #10 (1,604)
Gaia Dragoon FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIRose Gold FaceEmerald FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceAmber FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceAnubis FaceGill FaceAquila FaceUnicorno FaceLacerta FaceGold FaceLeone FaceHerculeo FaceRuby FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulPrize Hunter FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBrad FaceGold FaceMetal FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceByxis FaceOnyx FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceWyvern FaceHoruseus FaceBeafowl FaceAres FaceBeafowl FaceHoruseus FaceCygnus FaceHades FaceNemesis FaceBeelzeb FaceLyra FaceFace of Days IIIPrize Hunter FaceUranus FaceFox FaceOrion FaceBronze FaceGold FaceBloody Devil FaceGold FaceBronze FaceDranzer II FaceDragoon II FaceGold FaceSamurai Changer FaceJiraiya FaceLibra FaceKetos FaceDraciel Viper FaceEterner FaceStriker FaceDark Leopard FaceGiraffe FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceCrown FaceOrion FaceHoruseus FaceLynx FaceCrown FaceAnniversary Face 2012Silver FaceFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVBronze FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceGold FaceDriger Fang FaceDraciel Viper FaceGold FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013Silver FaceGold FaceEternal Passport FaceMF2 FaceFace of Days VHorogium Face

This is great stuff, and hopefully will help beyblade to become even more popular!

I must say though that the picture of you and Kei in the center spread makes you both look much younger than I imagined...
Dec 13 2011 05:38 AM
Sniper

on my way to the top
BeyRank: #12 (1,569)
DJ FaceFace of Days IIEmerald FaceCancer FaceFace of Days IIISapphire FaceGold FaceBronze FaceAverazer FaceEterner FaceCygnus FaceFox FaceGold FaceRuby FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceGold FaceAnniversary Face 2012Gold FaceGold FaceFace of RevolutionBronze FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceGold FaceGold FaceBurning Kerberous FacePrize Hunter FaceLibra FaceOnyx FaceGold FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceGold FacePassport FaceDraciel Viper FaceGold FaceBronze FaceBeafowl FaceDragonis FaceAquila FaceFox FaceAquila FaceAquila FaceUranus FaceUnicorno FaceHoruseus FaceCancer FaceBalro II FaceGryph FaceGargole FaceReviser FacePhoenic FaceFace of Days VKillerken FaceBegirados Face

WE BLOWIN UP WOOT WOOT!!!

Follow me on Twitter @MahoutsukaiDomo
Dec 13 2011 05:42 AM
Online Find all posts by this user
TanithElite

Tanith
Wolf Face

Wow this is cool maybe beyblade will be the greatest attraction for the year

[Image: 15cects.png]
Dec 13 2011 05:43 AM
Dark_Mousy

#DarkVsKei2014
BeyRank: #22 (1,522)
Gold FaceDJ FaceVirgo FaceAmber FaceGold FaceEmerald FacePeridot FaceGold FaceSapphire FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceGold FaceRuby FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceUranus FaceCrown FaceKronos FaceBeelzeb FaceBronze FaceGold FaceMetal FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IIISilver FaceOnyx FaceGold FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceOrion FaceCygnus FacePrize Hunter FaceBronze FaceAverazer FaceGold FaceDranzer Flame FaceGold FaceBronze FaceGold FaceSilver FaceBeafowl FaceAres FaceBeafowl FaceKetos FaceCygnus FaceCrown FaceKronos FaceSerpent FaceJiraiya FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceGold FaceSilver FaceDark Leopard FaceGold FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceBull FaceEscolpio FaceFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVSilver FaceSilver FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceBronze FaceGold FaceAntique FaceGold FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA Caesar Face500 FaceGoreim FacePhoenic FaceBronze FaceCancer FaceUnicorno FaceAquila FaceAquila FaceCancer FaceEternal Passport FaceMF2 FaceFace of Days VSilver FaceSilver FaceZEO FaceGold FaceBronze FaceDraciel Viper FaceWyvang FaceSilver Face

Congrats on the article. The WBO getting all this attention shows that the WBO is a force to be reckoned with. Now only if Hasbro would recognize the WBO

Dec 13 2011 05:50 AM
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY
Lapis Lazuli FacePeridot FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAries FaceDJ FaceDranzer FaceAmber FaceDragoon FaceDriger FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceDragoon FaceAmethyst FaceFace of Days IIEinstein FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceWolborg FaceSea Dragon FaceThunder Dragon FaceHerculeo FaceHerculeo FaceAnubis FaceRose Gold FaceFace of Days IIIL Drago FaceCrown FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceJiraiya FaceDragoon II FaceDark Leopard FaceSamurai Changer FaceDragoon II FaceNemesis FaceFox FaceBloody Devil FaceAnniversary Face 2012Face of RevolutionRound Shell FacePhantom Fox I FaceAero Knight FaceFace of Days IVPhantom Fox I FaceRound Shell FacePhantom Fox III FaceSlash Riger FaceMagical Ape FaceSlash Riger FaceShining God FaceAnniversary Face 2013Bronze FaceEternal Passport FaceFace of Days VEmerald Face

(Dec 13 2011 05:38 AM)Arupaeo Wrote:  I must say though that the picture of you and Kei in the center spread makes you both look much younger than I imagined...

I never even looked like that, hah.

ベイブレード
There were lines under his eyes so dark she wondered if they were actually done with makeup. Like he hadn't slept in days - no, like he had never slept in his life. Like his sense of justice would not allow him to sleep, since he had so many difficult cases to think about, battling unfathomable pressure on a daily basis.
Dec 13 2011 06:03 AM
Hazel

Octorok Shmoctorok!
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulAmethyst FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceEinstein FaceWyvern FaceThunder Dragon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnubis FaceHoruseus FaceSamurai Changer FaceDriger FaceDragoon II FaceRose Platinum FacePegasis FaceAnniversary Face 2012Driger Fang FaceBloody Devil FaceDranzer II FaceKetos FaceJiraiya FaceDark Leopard FaceEternal Passport Face

The boy certainly seems to somewhat favor Scott, but the hair is wrong and there is an aspect of his face that is about ten sizes too small...

Although, I suppose photoshop is possible.

[Image: hazelsignature2.jpg]
Some manner of Octopus.
Dec 13 2011 06:05 AM
Tris

#BELIEVE
Rose Gold FaceAmber FaceGill FacePeridot FaceRose Platinum FaceAnniversary Face 2012Kronos FaceLyra FaceGiraffe FaceCygnus Face

Wow... The WBO is gaining so much popularity o: Hahah. And. Big Bang...? Daang. That better be just a nickname. Like seriously. -.-"

Dec 13 2011 06:12 AM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Fury

~The One And Only~
BeyRank: #933 (1,057)
Amber FaceSilver FaceFace of Days IISilver FaceAquila FaceDraciel FaceRose Gold FaceAnubis FaceEinstein FaceThunder Dragon FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceSea Dragon FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IIIBronze Face

Ike ima be so mad if he really used big bang

[Image: wolborgsig.png]
Look At Me Look At You, Unleash Fury Is What Im Going To Do, Cause Im Gonna Win It Baby, What Else Is New, Fury is back, round 2
Give you all the recap, got a Metal Gear flow
Cause it's so solid, my whole team ballin
Dec 13 2011 06:18 AM
Robsta

Skratchy
BeyRank: #118 (1,313)
Draciel FaceDriger FaceDranzer FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceAquila FaceUnicorno FaceFace of Days IISilver FaceSapphire FaceAnubis FaceUnicorno FaceAquila FacePassport Face

Congrats guys!

Youtube | DJ Devant | Userbars

[Image: Robsta_Signature.png]
Thanks Kai-V!
Member of The Prodigies - Professional Beyblade Team
Tech

Separated by Shadows
BeyRank: #38 (1,436)
Anubis FaceRose Gold FaceDJ FaceThunder Dragon FaceChimera FaceEmerald FaceFox FaceFace of Days IIISapphire FaceAquila FaceWolborg FaceSagittario FaceAverazer FaceGold FaceDranzer Flame FaceSerpent FaceLyra FaceOrion FaceWolf FaceEterner FaceUranus FaceAnniversary Face 2012Lacerta FaceFace of RevolutionAntique FaceFace of Days IVBronze FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceRuby FaceBronze FaceGemios FacePassport FaceBronze FaceOnyx FaceAnniversary Face 2013Silver FaceGirago FaceWyvang FaceOrojya FaceGryph FaceGoreim FaceGryph FaceReviser FaceGolden Dragooon FaceGarudas FaceL Drago Armored FaceFox Face

My dad LOVES NPR! Congrats Kai-V, I know this must mean a lot to you.

[Image: 4vlmwj.jpg]
Kai-V

YRIDENERGYRIDENERGY

(Dec 13 2011 06:18 AM)Technologic Wrote:  My dad LOVES NPR! Congrats Kai-V, I know this must mean a lot to you.

Do you know if he caught the story live ?

ベイブレード
Dec 13 2011 06:20 AM
Tech

Separated by Shadows
BeyRank: #38 (1,436)
Anubis FaceRose Gold FaceDJ FaceThunder Dragon FaceChimera FaceEmerald FaceFox FaceFace of Days IIISapphire FaceAquila FaceWolborg FaceSagittario FaceAverazer FaceGold FaceDranzer Flame FaceSerpent FaceLyra FaceOrion FaceWolf FaceEterner FaceUranus FaceAnniversary Face 2012Lacerta FaceFace of RevolutionAntique FaceFace of Days IVBronze FaceSilver FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceRuby FaceBronze FaceGemios FacePassport FaceBronze FaceOnyx FaceAnniversary Face 2013Silver FaceGirago FaceWyvang FaceOrojya FaceGryph FaceGoreim FaceGryph FaceReviser FaceGolden Dragooon FaceGarudas FaceL Drago Armored FaceFox Face

I'm not sure, but I'll be sure to tell him about it and let him read the article.

[Image: 4vlmwj.jpg]
Dec 13 2011 06:22 AM
Jaygrazer

dat gundam yo
Rose Gold FacePassport Face

I'm sorry, did I just read Garcia used BIG BANG PEGASUS AND WON?!?!?!

Gimme this kids address, time for a vari demolition Tongue_out

But its good to see that video with the WBO on, is that newspaper popular Kai-V?
Dec 13 2011 06:24 AM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user