Moomoo Hurricane: Bull T125RF

Like many others, Bull has been a totally neglected wheel until the recently renewed interest in overlooked parts. Most have experimented with hopes of efficient Upper Attack, but I first tried my luck in Force Smash. The results were not at all compelling. I did, however, notice that Bull packed a bit of Smash Attack.

Bull T125RF v. MF Earth Bull GB145WB

Conditions:
MFB Attack Stadium
Takara Tomy Beylauncher used for both
Earth (Mold 2) Bull launched first at 80% power
Bull launched with banking

Results:
Bull T125RF: Wins 17
Earth Bull GB145WB: Wins 3
Double KO’s: 2
Win Rate: 85%

Conclusion:

The most prominent point of contact was the very edge of the Earth wheel. The tips of Bull's horns seemed to be the perfect size and shape to dig into the space between Earth's "wings". If Bull didn't get a KO after a single solid hit, it would would lightly lift Earth and tap it out.

This combo works well with near-mint RF. Anything more worn than that could give skewed results.

I knew that T125 would find use some day. Smug
Holy CARP! Wow LVJ you really are a persistent one aren't you? Tongue_out Finally you found a use for T125 and can stop spamming star wars vids everywhere LOL! Also, nice find, I always thought how it was so strange that bull had almost the same shape as quetz yet nowhere near the smash attack capability.

EDIT: Also, I'm really diggin the name there!
Best title ever.

Also, impressive results. Yay, I have all these parts! Expect a confirmation or refutation of your testing by Wednesday.
Awesome tests!
Good job on finding a use for T125, hah.
Insane, Ever since the Overlooked Part thread came to existance this part of the forum has really start to blossom.
Great just finding a use for Bull and T125
would this work with a non- gimmicked 125 track?
Might I add that the combination of Virgo's face, "red" Bull wheel, translucent yellow T125, and transparent RF is positively gorgeous...
Nice LVJ! You finally found a use for T125! And Bull! And I might try it with D125 because my T125 is stuck on my Thermal Pisces Unhappy
hah love the title
i must try this!~ now i finaly have a reason to buy bull xD
thanks for the testing aswell ;D
(Aug. 03, 2010  4:47 AM)mchlbant Wrote: would this work with a non- gimmicked 125 track?

I don't think there is a non-gimmicked 125 track...

EDIT: Disregard that. I just woke up. There is most definitely a 125.
(Aug. 03, 2010  4:47 AM)The LVJ Wrote: Might I add that the combination of Virgo's face, "red" Bull wheel, translucent yellow T125, and transparent RF is positively gorgeous...

Awesome I have all those parts lol
I just retested this, and got the exact opposite results.

Only difference, I was using C145 instead of GB145 on my defense combo.
Seriously?!! How worn is your RF?
Not very worn at all. Using the same RF, I can get 90% win rates with Quetz and Storm combos.

Is there any chance theres a differentiation in Bull molds or something?

I doubt C145 and GB145 could make THAT big of a difference..
(Aug. 03, 2010  9:35 PM)Cpt. Squirrel Wrote: Apparently it does with Kei's MF L Drago 90WF.

True, in that test GB145 made the defensive blade perform much better. Here, it's significantly worse with C145 having much higher win percentages.
I just tested it against MF Earth Bull C145WB. Moomoo's win rate was just as if not more consistent. Were your testing conditions different?
No, same situations.

I'll retest again tonight, I have a fresh RF that I can wear in, and do testing with that to see if it was my RF, or my Bull.

I'm usually pretty good with attack types in terms of launching -- it's my favorite of all blade types so I dont know what (if anything) went wrong. I'll post detailed results later.

Edit: I was able to get the percentages to 50/50...but i'm still not getting the great results that I would have hoped for. Ill do further testing against GB145 to see if it makes the difference.
I think we should also wait for Daegor to confirm this combo as well.
I'm on it. Give me an hour.

EDIT: I got carried away with making a video and misplaced my test sheet. =/ Suffice it to say, I don't know how the LVJ got so many wins.
I don't know what to say, but I still stand by my results.
(Aug. 04, 2010  3:43 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: I'm on it. Give me an hour.

EDIT: I got carried away with making a video and misplaced my test sheet. =/ Suffice it to say, I don't know how the LVJ got so many wins.

Did your testing result closer to the 50% range? I can't seem to get much higher than that.
(Aug. 04, 2010  1:32 PM)Corey Wrote: Did your testing result closer to the 50% range? I can't seem to get much higher than that.

More like 25%. Maybe I just suck with Attack types?
Well my first test only got about 15%. Second test got up to around 35%, third series I was able to get it up to 50% somehow.

Probably because of careless defense launching.
It must be the launching. If the results are that different then it has to be.
Im really wanting to try this out myself though.