Minecraft (BETA starts December 20th!)

(Mar. 04, 2011  3:23 AM)storm dranzer Wrote: So wait, you are saying Beta is better than Alpha?

Yes. Beta is the updated version of Alpha, Minecraft wise. Real life situation: Alpha would probably be better.
I do not get that, because Alpha is better than Beta.
(Mar. 05, 2011  1:39 AM)storm dranzer Wrote: I do not get that, because Alpha is better than Beta.

Well, they don't know when the final will be done, so they can't just pick something like Beta, because the name might have to change more than once. So, they just started with Alpha, and are counting downwards until they finish.
i dont like mine craft but i would play it.
I wonder wether the new minecraft will have like daggers and stuff and if obsidean will be realistic so it is not so hard to mine.
(Mar. 04, 2011  8:41 PM)SK Wrote: when's this coming for iphone?
I think It has and theirs a rip off called Eden world builder.
(Mar. 05, 2011  5:41 PM)Amaterasu Wrote:
(Mar. 04, 2011  8:41 PM)SK Wrote: when's this coming for iphone?
I think It has and theirs a rip off called Eden world builder.

Is it as good?
The iphone app for minecraft sux beyblades. You cant even craft items on it. Waste of money.

Have the full version. $15 USD... Surprisingly cheap. And to those who are noobs at the game: BETA does not mean trial! Nor does it mean a fish (There is a fish called a Beta). I think he is going by military code, so next he should use charlie. If not, and he is using greek alphabet, I'm pretty vague but I'll say omega.
(Mar. 11, 2011  6:53 AM)Sparta Wrote: If not, and he is using greek alphabet, I'm pretty vague but I'll say omega.

Gamma would be the third. Omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet...
(Mar. 12, 2011  2:56 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2011  6:53 AM)Sparta Wrote: If not, and he is using greek alphabet, I'm pretty vague but I'll say omega.

Gamma would be the third. Omega is the last letter in the Greek alphabet...

Version 3 will be the final release.
Seriously no one knows the meaning of Alpha or Beta in gaming terms? They are the common names for the different stages of development.

Alpha is the code name for a game that is still under heavy development, e.g.a bare bones version that is only just playable.

Beta is where the game is almost ready for release but still needs to be checked for bugs etc. Closed Beta's are quite common for PC games where a limited number of people are given access to the game and then test it and report any errors back to the developers so they can be fixed.
I actually didn't wanna say anything because all this stuff was too amusing to read. lol
Hey I made some 3 floors to my house and found bedrock. My top floor is a tree farm(trees on top of trees farm to be exact.)
I cleaned ip dome of my traps.and I finnsly noticed I was playing on peaceful yeah!
I have a roller coaster, floating house, portal, and a lot of other stuff.
It has been confirmed their is going to be a new wolf mob implemented in beta 1.4 for the people who haven't heard.
(Mar. 20, 2011  6:17 PM)Amaterasu Wrote: It has been confirmed their is going to be a new wolf mob implemented in beta 1.4 for the people who haven't heard.

I was so happy when I saw the video Smile

I have started a serious Minecraft Role-Playing server. PM if you are interested, we have 30 slots open.
Minecraft 1.4

We got wolves, baby. We got wolves...
The wolves are pretty cute looking. the only problem is you can tame a lot of them, and have them mob someone by just touching them. Griefers on servers with PvP features will love it for that reason.

Still, I'm looking forward to having a tameable animal in minecraft. With a mod on a multiplayer server I go on, you can spawn a random animal. I'm hoping to see if one of these will spawn sometime.

Still, there are those who take having pet wolves in minecraft a little too seriously... saying things like they are "in with the pack". From past experiences with these kinds of people... they really annoy me.

Still, this update is both good and bad, but still very fun, no matter what. I'm looking forward to more interactive things like this.
I have the hacked version but it has a "force update? option to where I can update to the latest part of the game. Is it currently in 1.3_01? Also how do I make a portal?
On the bright side, you have the name of the person who "sicked" the wolves on you before your last few moments.
I've noticed wolves to be kinda buggy in SMP, and haven't come across one in single player. Work on the RP server has started in full force. We are currently building the first of 2 (possibly 3) empires for it. Please PM me if you'd like to play.
I've been watching some Let's Plays of this game by zXNoRegretzzXz, and I'm seriously considering about purchasing this game during the summer (not during school, because it would distract me from my work).

It's addicting just watching it!
If you join, Oki, I can give you a good server that I'm on called "Shilocraft."
(Apr. 02, 2011  1:02 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: I've been watching some Let's Plays of this game by zXNoRegretzzXz, and I'm seriously considering about purchasing this game during the summer (not during school, because it would distract me from my work).

It's addicting just watching it!

Excellent choice on waiting until Summer. I have to pry myself from the game to do my homework Pinching_eyes

Minecraft has some of the best Let's Play series. Yogcast's Shadow of Israphael series is my favorite. My roleplaying server (MIENKRAFT) is partially based on ideas from the server that that series is set in.

We have Bukkit up and running now, and the first major city is done. With Bukkit we have plugins that allow for different classes, skills, spells, etc. We have a leveling up reward system in place. We will be using the iConomy plugin for in game transactions, as well as locked chests for store fronts.
Wow the Yogs are the best! I also watch watch captain sparklez slyfox,kootra,nova,ipodmail (for mods)and the bed resetting spawn is delayed. DIGGY DIGGY HOLE!true fans know what I mean.
EDIT: iforgot zackscottgames