Metal Fight Beyblade Subbing Project (Recruiting!)

The idea for this originally happened in this thread while discussing using the idea for this to sub the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade series. Basically, the idea was to have a team of people go through different episodes of the series and transcribe all of the audio. Well, this doesn't work with the English dub of the original series because Nelvana added stuff and it just messes the whole thing up. BUT the English dub of Metal Fight Beyblade doesn't add anything pointless like AJ and Topper, so this idea will work for the metal saga.

Here's the plan: While we look for people to help out with the Italian subs, we're going to begin working on Metal Fight Beyblade. Right now we need a team of people who can watch specific episodes of the series and write down anything that is said, word for word. It has to be exact. Once that is done, we will have a quality control person who will comb through each script, check it for errors and change all of the names and terminology back to their Japanese originals.

How many of you are willing to take on this tedious task and transcribe episodes? The more people we have, the faster this will be done. If we have 5 people, for example, each person only has to do 10 episodes. If we have 10 people, each person only has to do 5 episodes, etc etc. The more people we have transcribing, the better. Right now I am more focused on finding transcribers than anything. DranzerX13 will find us a timer at some point, and I'll worry about find somebody for quality control once we actually have some scripts in our hands.

Transcribers:
Wizard
You should add "Metal Fight" in the title, since Nocto's project was there first.

Unfortunately I have way no time to help with this.
Fixed, and good call. I will definitely be able to work on this without it affecting the manga project, but obviously I can't do it on my own. I figured there will probably be a few people on here willing to lend a hand though. I'm just hoping to get at least five people.
@[Kai-V] Let's just close this.
Was gonna give a hand though....okay...

R.I.P project...
@[Meta madness] if more people offer to help, sure I'd be all for it. But for two people its a bit much.
Unless I can't read correctly (I hope not) The people you need have to transcribe the English Dub of the Metal Fight series? If so I'm down. 3 People isn't much but it's better than 2 I guess.
(Oct. 15, 2015  12:23 AM)TheWorldsBest Wrote: Unless I can't read correctly (I hope not) The people you need have to transcribe the English Dub of the Metal Fight series? If so I'm down. 3 People isn't much but it's better than 2 I guess.

We're closer to the limit of 5 then! We only require 2 more people.
(Oct. 22, 2015  12:23 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2015  12:23 AM)TheWorldsBest Wrote: Unless I can't read correctly (I hope not) The people you need have to transcribe the English Dub of the Metal Fight series? If so I'm down. 3 People isn't much but it's better than 2 I guess.

We're closer to the limit of 5 then! We only require 2 more people.

Correct. If two more people agree we will begin.
i got my fingers crossed, hopefully another face shows up soon.
Is this still still on or is it dead? If it's on, I think I can help.
Because I can see a lots of Ootori again
The community should just hire (pay) a good translator to sub the original Beyblade series and then have a couple of members here edit/quality check the scripts. It's long overdue.

It's a darn shame FUNimation never finished releasing those "original uncut" DVDs.
(Jan. 05, 2016  2:09 AM)Paper Lung Wrote: The community should just hire (pay) a good translator to sub the original Beyblade series and then have a couple of members here edit/quality check the scripts. It's long overdue.

I think you're underestimating just how much something like that would cost.
(Jan. 03, 2016  2:25 PM)NaYu.NotYou Wrote: Is this still still on or is it dead? If it's on, I think I can help.

Get outta here with your Tsubasa loves~

Though we need I think 1/2 more members.
(Jan. 05, 2016  2:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2016  2:09 AM)Paper Lung Wrote: The community should just hire (pay) a good translator to sub the original Beyblade series and then have a couple of members here edit/quality check the scripts. It's long overdue.

I'm not going to talk dollars here, but just from past experience with this sort of thing, I think it's definitely affordable. Maybe make a poll to see how many people would be willing to pitch in.
(Jan. 05, 2016  2:47 AM)Paper Lung Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2016  2:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

I'm not going to talk dollars here, but just from past experience with this sort of thing, I think it's definitely affordable. Maybe make a poll to see how many people would be willing to pitch in.

Would you be willing, for one ?
(Jan. 05, 2016  3:09 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2016  2:47 AM)Paper Lung Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2016  2:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think you're underestimating just how much something like that would cost.

I'd definitely donate to see G Revolution translated, yeah. I think that season suffered the most in terms of cuts and changes.
(Jan. 05, 2016  3:50 AM)Paper Lung Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2016  3:09 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jan. 05, 2016  2:47 AM)Paper Lung Wrote: I'm not going to talk dollars here, but just from past experience with this sort of thing, I think it's definitely affordable. Maybe make a poll to see how many people would be willing to pitch in.

I'd definitely donate to see G Revolution translated, yeah. I think that season suffered the most in terms of cuts and changes.

Cool, then I think you should contact DranzerX13 to find out what the total amount would be for the expenses, and see how much would be left to pay besides what you are willing to pay.
Rates for this type of work are generally calculated per minute of video and a regular season is around a thousand minutes long (50 episodes x 20 minutes).

If your translator does everything (transcription, translation and time coding), he's unlikely to charge you less than $3-5/min, and that's not taking into consideration that Japanese-English is a rarer language pair. If you remove time coding, you might get away with $1/min + $0.30/word.

I'll let you do the math.

That's not to say you might not find someone willing to work for less--there always is--but that's what you should expect.
(Jan. 05, 2016  2:21 AM)Meta madness Wrote:
(Jan. 03, 2016  2:25 PM)NaYu.NotYou Wrote: Is this still still on or is it dead? If it's on, I think I can help.

Get outta here with your Tsubasa loves~

Though we need I think 1/2 more members.

www Tsubasa <3 It's not metal fight beyblade without Tsubasa!! All 3 seasons have Tsubasa and Zero G Tsubasa is aweso- I'll stop.

I'll come back when it's getting start or more people show up, I guess. The topic is getting a little bit crazy,, imo.