Make your suggestions!

DeltaZakuro and CheetoBlader will be great staff members also blader gem also
Remember guys, there’s a fine line between liked members, and good staff members. And while we might say that some people would make good staff members, it doesn’t really do too much. It’s the staff’s choice in the end.
(Sep. 27, 2020  2:59 AM)kai edits Wrote: DeltaZakuro and CheetoBlader will be great staff members also blader gem also

Believe me as nice as that sounds, i just don't have the mental capacity to be a staff member. Im already overloaded with enough stress as it is at the moment.

I think its nice you think I would be a great staff member.
(Sep. 27, 2020  3:10 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2020  2:59 AM)kai edits Wrote: DeltaZakuro and CheetoBlader will be great staff members also blader gem also

Believe me as nice as that sounds, i just don't have the mental capacity to be a staff member. Im already overloaded with enough stress as it is.

I think its nice you think I would be a great staff member.

Thanks DeltaZakuro
I think there should be more specific rules for parts like Hybrid or infinity lock layers, such as replacing the batteries shouldn’t count as a foreign substance or whether or not you can adjust the position of the disk and driver on infinity lock beys to give extra clicks before the center turns fully red. I read the rules but didn’t see anything about those two.
Lets make LeonidasKerbeus a Staff! Grin
0_o
That's a LOT of responsibility
While i do enjoy the suggestion, i do think that someone else would be able to fill the role better.
But in the end, it's all up to the mods. :>
(Oct. 01, 2020  2:35 AM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Lets make LeonidasKerbeus a Staff! Grin
Let’s stop making random Staff team suggestions here! You don’t have a say in who the staff chooses to join ‘em. It’s pretty much spam. And, there’s a fine line between liked members and good staff members.
I have stated this before and I will state this again, I appreciate the enigma of code that is the WBO. I would like to make a suggestion and that is for members to be able to delete their own posts. Lots of times we have to wait for mods to clean up after our mistakes, but with a delete post thread it would make the job easier for mods.
1) Is there currently a way to avoid having mini-modders on the WBO? Whereas helping other people and reporting threads/posts work fine, I do feel like there are regular users who constantly go out of their way to “handle” things. Sometimes it leads to cluttering an unwanted thread, or its futile because the user would not listen, which can be really unhelpful/irresponsible/etc

I feel like there should be more emphasis on what mini-modding is and speak with the community. It seems like we dont understand when helping others is good, or when it borderlines pretending to be a mod. Which could get in the way of helping actual mods carry out their duties

2) I want to double being able to delete our own threads and posts. It would make things easier rather than getting a mod to clean up our own actions. I do understand if it would be hard to implement such code for deletion
i have to agree with 6Jupiter5 and @XSabxManiacX, a Delete Post Option would be very helpful, it would definitely be easier than having to wait for a mod. (kinda like what was said above)
I think for that to work, there would need to be a log of what gets deleted, so that someone isn’t rude, then deletes it like it never happened. But, that would take some time to review daily, and the mods aren’t as active as we may wish on site, so that’s a bit of a problem.
I actually made a post about this in "Questions about the WBO" (Which, admittedly, was probably the wrong place for it).

(Oct. 10, 2020  7:52 AM)BladerGem Wrote: I don't know anything about coding or web design, but I was wondering if at some point you might consider adding a way for users to delete their own posts?
I was thinking it could work in a similar way to reports (where you would flag your own post for deletion, maybe including a reason why as well). This would make it so that people wouldn't have to report their own posts to have them be removed, and would (to some degree) reduce the number of posts being reported, allowing staff to focus on the more relevant flagged posts.
Which kinda brings back to the mini-modding thing I point out. One reason mini-modding occurs is because it appears like the mods are not as active — as far as I see things, theyre more active on Discord. I say many of us can reach mods quicker on there, but some users might not find that convenient. While reporting is an option, I noticed that people tend to mini-mod because they dont feel like mods are active enough. Instead of referring to a mod, some people feel like its quicker to try to handle the person themselves

My suggestion: In the Community Rules, I think mini-modding should be included under the list of things to not do on the WBO. Instead, we can encourage users to report to mods via WBO PM or contacting through Discord. As I stated before, there is a fine line between helping others out and trying to act like a mod. While mini-modding does not seem to be a huge deal in the Beyblade community (big example being the Beyblade Wiki), this can cause problems for both the mods and regular users. Sometimes mini-modders provide the wrong advice, which could confuse new users and cause more problems; or they would harass users endlessly (especially in the case of making duplicate threads, where one might be entitled enough to go on each thread and call them out). Mods might find it tedious that a regular user is making choices and actions for them, which can be a setback rather than helpful

Theres no point in handling problems or calling out each rule-breaking on your own, especially if you are not a mod. Rather than mini-modding, providing reports to mods and actively seeking help shows that you can cooperate with mods, and are reliable enough in the teamwork aspect. If the mods see that someone is responsible, they would promote that user rather than let them mini-mod
(Oct. 21, 2020  1:19 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Which kinda brings back to the mini-modding thing I point out. One reason mini-modding occurs is because it appears like the mods are not as active — as far as I see things, theyre more active on Discord. I say many of us can reach mods quicker on there, but some users might not find that convenient. While reporting is an option, I noticed that people tend to mini-mod because they dont feel like mods are active enough. Instead of referring to a mod, some people feel like its quicker to try to handle the person themselves

My suggestion: In the Community Rules, I think mini-modding should be included under the list of things to not do on the WBO. Instead, we can encourage users to report to mods via WBO PM or contacting through Discord. As I stated before, there is a fine line between helping others out and trying to act like a mod. While mini-modding does not seem to be a huge deal in the Beyblade community (big example being the Beyblade Wiki), this can cause problems for both the mods and regular users. Sometimes mini-modders provide the wrong advice, which could confuse new users and cause more problems; or they would harass users endlessly (especially in the case of making duplicate threads, where one might be entitled enough to go on each thread and call them out). Mods might find it tedious that a regular user is making choices and actions for them, which can be a setback rather than helpful

Theres no point in handling problems or calling out each rule-breaking on your own, especially if you are not a mod. Rather than mini-modding, providing reports to mods and actively seeking help shows that you can cooperate with mods, and are reliable enough in the teamwork aspect. If the mods see that someone is responsible, they would promote that user rather than let them mini-mod

There’s only one problem in all of this. Nobody reads the list of what not to do (at least most of us, I did).
(Oct. 21, 2020  1:26 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2020  1:19 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Which kinda brings back to the mini-modding thing I point out. One reason mini-modding occurs is because it appears like the mods are not as active — as far as I see things, theyre more active on Discord. I say many of us can reach mods quicker on there, but some users might not find that convenient. While reporting is an option, I noticed that people tend to mini-mod because they dont feel like mods are active enough. Instead of referring to a mod, some people feel like its quicker to try to handle the person themselves

There’s only one problem in all of this. Nobody reads the list of what not to do (at least most of us, I did).

Exactly. Like the terms of service. Few people read it, and just hit “I agree”. A way to fix that is a mini quiz on the rules, but that seems like more of a last resort kind of thing.
Yeah, thats true. Nevertheless, I feel like its actually common sense to get the mods for help because they know what is best and they know how to sort things out. Yet, some still feel the need to try to handle the problem themselves, or call out everyone breaking the rules. If anything, mini-modding is the worst way to try to be helpful because it is mostly done by people who want to be a mod. Bossing people around as a normal user shows more of wannabe side than actually being helpful, and in some cases, harmful for the community
(Oct. 21, 2020  1:30 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Yeah, thats true. Nevertheless, I feel like its actually common sense to get the mods for help because they know what is best and they know how to sort things out. Yet, some still feel the need to try to handle the problem themselves, or call out everyone breaking the rules. If anything, mini-modding is the worst way to try to be helpful because it is mostly done by people who want to be a mod. Bossing people around as a normal user shows more of wannabe side than actually being helpful, and in some cases, harmful for the community

Yeah, I struggle with mini-modding a bit sometimes Andrew I think it’s just because I just don’t feel too satisfied with the mod system right now.

But yeah, you have a lot of good points.
Make cheetoblader a mod! He/she is the best rule keeper lol. Better than Jorgen from fairy godparents
(Oct. 21, 2020  3:00 AM)kai edits Wrote: Make cheetoblader a mod! He/she is the best rule keeper lol. Better than Jorgen from fairy godparents

Nope, CheetoBlader would’ve been selected if the WBO staff deemed he/she worthy. Besides, our mods are very good. (Sorry CheetoBlader, but the truth hurts)
If community rules are a little hard to see, thats pretty sad. I could recommend it being featured where everyone can see it, it is sent to every new user so chances are, they can see it. Anyone old enough to navigate the internet is also smart enough to deduct which topic the rules fall under, so they can click on that and find it

And, well, something under the community rules lists common sense. If you make an account for a website, think of that as your signature — by making an account, you agree to follow common-sense rules whether you read the rules or not. Especially when it comes to ideas like “search up an existing thread before you make one similar” and “please get help from mods rather than doing things yourself.” And of course, rules we all know like “be respectful.” Of course, while community rules can definitely be in a better place, we regular users can use common sense. Cant follow the rules? Find another site

Edit: Dont come at me with “no one reads the rules.” I dont read rules myself when I make an account for things! I check it later
Maybe username changes? Ive had this one for a while, and its kinda cringe.
(Oct. 21, 2020  10:09 PM)Edallurs2.0 Wrote: Maybe username changes? Ive had this one for a while, and its kinda cringe.

Problem with that is that people have to keep on making introduction threads each time they change.
(Oct. 22, 2020  1:16 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2020  10:09 PM)Edallurs2.0 Wrote: Maybe username changes? Ive had this one for a while, and its kinda cringe.

Problem with that is that people have to keep on making introduction threads each time they change.

not necessarily, there could be a feature where you could look at their past usernames