MSF-L Girago Dragooon SA165EWD (Attack Mode)

MSF-L Girago Dragooon SA165EWD (Attack Mode)

Hey guys! Smile

I stumbled upon this combo while playing around yesterday morning. It's gotten some pretty unbelievable results, so I think it'll be pretty interesting.

The concept:

The launch:

Parts choice:

Testing videos:

Testing:

Testing from other users:

Counters:

Well guys, thanks for reading! Thanks to LMAO for helping me out with this. Smile I think I'm done with testing for a couple months at least... 6 straight hours yesterday has me wiped out. Pinching_eyes_2

Post and tell me what you think! Testing is encouraged (like, really encouraged XD).
I just really LOVE this combo, it deserves a spot on the Top Tier list as soon as possible.

I will definitely use this in a tournament, when it comes time for a BB-10 Format.

Also, whoever has 2 Wyvangs, could you test this against Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF, for reassurance?
(Oct. 14, 2013  11:30 PM)LMAO Wrote: I just really LOVE this combo, it deserves a spot on the Top Tier list as soon as possible.

I will definitely use this in a tournament, when it comes time for a BB-10 Format.

Alot of testing is required before it can be considered for the tier list
I have fallen in love with this combo!
Here's another test against Balro Balro TR145MF:

I know Dark, what I meant was that after we had more tests, that's why I said "as soon as possible". Sorry for any confusion Smile
Is there a substitude for Girago?
(Oct. 14, 2013  11:43 PM)UltimiteOrion Wrote: Is there a substitude for Girago?

Personally, I tried it with Wyvang, and it did a much better job KO'ing then OS'ing.

So you could try Wyvang, or even Balro, since those come up pretty close to Girago from my testing for this combo.
(Oct. 14, 2013  11:46 PM)LMAO Wrote:
(Oct. 14, 2013  11:43 PM)UltimiteOrion Wrote: Is there a substitude for Girago?

Personally, I tried it with Wyvang, and it did a much better job KO'ing then OS'ing.

So you could try Wyvang, or even Balro, since those come up pretty close to Girago from my testing for this combo.

MSF-L Girago Dragooon SA165EWD Vs MF-H Duo Bull W145BWD
  • Dragoon Wins: 20 OS
  • Bull Wins: 0
Dragoon Win Percentage:100%
Can I use a normal Stone Face for testing?
EDIT: Yeah, this combo is really nice for me. I've been using something like this at LakeSide BeyBattles. It's really nice.
DOUBLE EDIT?!: Any test requests?
This combo sure seems like a beast. I'd live to try it out I just don't have a Girago. I guess I will try with Balro or maybe Killerken.
Any test requests? I am doing this against Duo BGrin and my mind is being blown.
(Oct. 14, 2013  11:27 PM)theblackdragon Wrote:
MSF-L Girago Dragooon SA165EWD (Attack Mode) - The Duo Mirror Neutralized

Hey guys! Smile

I stumbled upon this combo while playing around yesterday morning. It's gotten some pretty unbelievable results, so I think it'll be pretty interesting.

The concept:

The launch:

Parts choice:

Testing videos:

Testing:

Testing from other users:

Counters:

Well guys, thanks for reading! Thanks to LMAO for helping me out with this. Smile I think I'm done with testing for a couple months at least... 6 straight hours yesterday has me wiped out. Pinching_eyes_2

Post and tell me what you think! Testing is encouraged (like, really encouraged XD).

Some other counters could be another Dragoon because when i tested it some Dragoon Combos beat it. I could post test results with MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD Vs some other Dragoon combos if you want me to.
Quote:Some other counters could be another Dragoon because when i tested it some Dragoon Combos beat it. I could post test results with MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD Vs some other Dragoon combos if you want me to.

You could just post them right now!Smile
(Oct. 15, 2013  1:08 AM)ryukiba Wrote:
Quote:Some other counters could be another Dragoon because when i tested it some Dragoon Combos beat it. I could post test results with MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD Vs some other Dragoon combos if you want me to.

You could just post them right now!Smile

I can't right now i am too busy. I will post them when i have time.
So... you guys like it? Great! Smile

UltimateOrion: Great! Thanks for that... anyone with a Girago willing to test?
Yeah, as I said, I'm willing to test. Requests?
(Oct. 15, 2013  2:21 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: So... you guys like it? Great! Smile

UltimateOrion: Great! Thanks for that... anyone with a Girago willing to test?

I've got a GiragoSmile though I won't be able to do test anything till this weekend!:\
By the way great results! I'm surprised you haven't put up a poll like you normally do!XD
(Oct. 15, 2013  2:24 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: Yeah, as I said, I'm willing to test. Requests?

Oh! Sorry dude... I missed you. XD

MSF-L Girago Girago SA165EWD (attack mode) vs. Duo Cancer/Cygnus/Hades SA165EWD (normal mode/attack mode)

^That's really the most important thing we can work on at the moment. The bread and butter of right-rotating spin-equalizers, and a mirror using Duo to see if this thing really is immune for the most part to Duo's absurd countering ability.

So yah, tests with Duo in attack mode and normal mode would be great. Grin
I will test MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD vs MSF-L Killerken Dragoon SA165BWD while i have time right now.
(Oct. 15, 2013  2:46 AM)UltimiteOrion Wrote: I will test MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD vs Killerken Dragoon SA165BWD while i have time right now.

Wait! Could you test against the Duo combos I have above? Those are really the priority right now.
I won't have time for a while, but I can do some tests. I can do Duo __ SA165 EWD, or anything else people want. If anyone wants, I can test this in Zero-G (Attack Stadium), as well.
Hmm... is it okay if I do Duo BGrin? Because I don't have another SA165 at the moment... but If it's needed I'll check my nearest target when I have time.
(Oct. 15, 2013  2:50 AM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2013  2:46 AM)UltimiteOrion Wrote: I will test MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD vs Killerken Dragoon SA165BWD while i have time right now.

Wait! Could you test against the Duo combos I have above? Those are really the priority right now.

MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD Vs MSF-L Killerken Dragoon SA165BWD
  • Girago:4 OS
    Killerken:16 OS
    Girago Win Percentage: 20%
MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD Vs MF-H Duo Aquario SA165BWD
  • Girago:20 OS
    Duo: 0
    Girago Win Percentage: 100%
MSF-L-Girago-Dragooon-SA165EWD Vs Phantom Lynx 90MF
  • Girago: 0
    Phantom: 20 OS
    Girago Win Percentage: 0%
Since when does MSF-H Reviser Dragooon SA165(Normal)EWD lose so hardcore to Duo W145WD, lol? I only remember Death/SA165EWD/B: D giving it trouble (and probably F230(CF/GCF), though I can't test that without one of those darn orange F230s); Duo was even at worst IIRC

I can't agree with the idea that using a wheel with substantially more recoil in the hopes of landing a KO on EWD is in any way a good idea in a tournament setting. You'll end up outside the arena far more often with a setup like that. That's why Gargole Dragooon isn't used on MSF-H ____ Dragooon SA165EWD despite its excellent synergy smash-wise: more recoil means less of a chance you'll get to the last half a rotation at all. If this was almost any other tip I could potentially see it, but EWD is horrifically bad at recoil handling.

As cute as "breaking the mirror" is, I would be hesitant to use this in a tournament over much safer options based on the current test results. I'm very much open to being convinced otherwise, though, if the argument is good Smile
Actually, from tournament experience I've used this at LakeSide BeyBattles and it handles Duo extremely well.