MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF

~~~ MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF ~~~
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[Image: MSF-H+Wyvang+Wyvang+BD145RDF+banner.png]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Howdy guys. Haven't posted one of these since... like, all the way back in March. That's... that's 4 months! Has it really been that long?

Wow. Well, here it goes!

The Concept:

Parts Choice:

The Launch:

Testing:

Counters:

Overall, I love this thing! Sends 80% of the meta to kingdom come, and slugs the rest so hard they come back barely spinning. Aggressive approach, but much more versatile and a lot less risky than a conventional Attack Beyblade. My kind of combo!

*The one thing it does have trouble with is MSF-H (Revizer/Genbull) (Revizer/Genbull) BD145RDF. At that point, you do have a 3-4 gram weight advantage, so launching as aggressively as possible and going for the KO is probably the best course of action, but it's still a pretty close contest, and at that point an OS is pretty much a complete toss-up. It's definitely far from hopeless, though, and RDF is really the only Bottom you have to worry too much about (RB can put up a fight, but CS stands no chance of even staying in the stadium, and RSF is pretty easy to take down as well).

I know you were probably waiting for someone to ask this, but can you test against MSF-L Genbull Dragooon F230GCF?

And don't you own 8 Wyvang's...?

I remember you saying before that RDF wouldn't work on MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF, why has it changed now?
Finally another awesome TBD dubbed testing thread! Awesome as always.

Anyways the tests are pretty awesome. I do think it's not the best that people will use to KO Defense types, but it can be used at times (referring to Time). Can you test it against Dragooon and Duo F230?

Beaten by the ninja...
I'm happy to see this combo get a thread after the event on Saturday. I would love to test this, but I only have 1 Wyvang. Could you test it against a variation of Dragooon F230, possibly with a second person? The only reason I requested that is because the mixed results on Saturday. I beat MSF-H Wyvang^2 BD145 RDF twice with Killerken Dragooon F230 GCF, but the three other times you played against someone using Dragooon F230 with this combo you won (and the matches weren't even close). Hope we can get some other members on this combo!

(Jul. 22, 2014  5:28 PM)Echizen Wrote: I know you were probably waiting for someone to ask this, but can you test against MSF-L Genbull Dragooon F230GCF?

I remember you saying before that RDF wouldn't work on MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF, why has it changed now?

it can beat f230 gcf i battle him with it and i lost
This thing usually achieves around 60-70% on Dragooon F230, although I haven't had time to test that formally yet. I can get those done now, actually (hope you guys don't mind me using some worn-ish Wyvangs - it's more a question of whether Wyvang gets a clear shot, so it shouldn't skew the results that much, but still).

I own 8, yes, but 4 of them have been rendered totally useless, 2 are on the verge of dying, and I'm saving the other two for competition or backup in case I can't get replacements.

lord: Haha, almost wrote RagerBlade. XD Read the whole "The Concept" section.
(Jul. 22, 2014  5:38 PM)samurai Tite Wrote: you beat my dragoon f230 with it .

(Jul. 22, 2014  5:28 PM)Echizen Wrote: I know you were probably waiting for someone to ask this, but can you test against MSF-L Genbull Dragooon F230GCF?

it can beat f230 gcf i battle him with it and i lost
Yeah, but as TD mentioned, he was able to defeat it. (Maybe you should ask TD how he launched to defeat it)
I saw this combo coming. Called it homie.

It's good to see you making a combo thread though Grin.
Tests against Reviser Dragooon SA165/BD145RDF please. I'll post my opinion and stuff when I get more time to read the whole thread.
Well, Thunder Dome beat it twice, but both times the final score was 2/3, and there were multiple wall saves involved. I believe the other 3 matches were 3/0, 3/1, and 3/1, so the total record between this custom and Dragooon F230 was 8/5, which is roughly 62% in favor of Wyvang.

OK, so I tried some testing, and I'm just getting dozens of wall saves, and I can see my Wyvang visibly changing shape.

Do you think you guys could test yourselves? My RDF is getting too short, and my Wyvang isn't working great anymore. :\
he used killerken i use genbull
This combo is known, but nice work. I like your tests. what about Revizer Dragooon BD145 RDF
that's wierd? there's was thread for this until now? that's oddTongue_out
Yes there has been one: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MSF-H-Wy...g-BD145RSF
Wait, you guys know it's different right? He's using RDF on this, not RSF.
(Jul. 24, 2014  3:19 AM)LMAO Wrote: Wait, you guys know it's different right? He's using RDF on this, not RSF.

Yeah I know. Ocean said this combo is already known, and Ultimate Blaze didn't know there was one similair.
Wait, this was "already known?"

Where? I'm pretty sure this is the first time this custom has been tested.
A few people have used it in tournament play, I have the synchrome switched but have been a long time user.
GG TBD
Hi nice thread here, I'm surprised no-one discovered this before!
And discussing the combo:
1. We now know that the two molds of Wyvang (aggressive and passive) can affect recoil and smash capability. And thus I ask, have you actually gone through the trouble of experimenting with the [four] different combinations of molds [formally or informally] and come to the conclusion that Top=Aggressive Bottom=Passive is the best?
2. Is this combo aggressive enough to break the stall of tornado stallers, specifically MSF-L Balro^2 BD145MF, MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF and Genbull Dragooon T125GCF (if it's top tier)?
3. I suppose left-spin top-tier attack would be even in terms of winrate against this combo?
(Jul. 24, 2014  9:26 AM)ƒ¡$h Wrote: Hi nice thread here, I'm surprised no one discovered this before!
And discussing the combo:
1. We now know that the two molds of Wyvang (aggressive and passive) can affect recoil and smash capability. And thus I ask, have you actually gone through the trouble of experimenting with the [four] different combinations of molds [formally or informally] and come to the conclusion that Top=Aggressive Bottom=Passive is the best?
2. Is this combo aggressive enough to break the stall of tornado stallers, specifically MSF-L Balro^2 BD145MF, MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF and Genbull Dragooon T125GCF (if it's top tier)?
3. I suppose left-spin top-tier attack would be even in terms of winrate against this combo?
People have known about this combo for a while now though no one besides TBD has tested all that much. How did you know about the molds? It's never been proven right?
This thing would beat L spin attack, it has RDF and RDF has LAD.
(Jul. 24, 2014  4:47 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: A few people have used it in tournament play...

Who?? I had no idea. Do you know what it played/won/lost against?

(Jul. 24, 2014  4:47 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: ... I have the synchrome switched but have been a long time user.

Well... if the Synchrom is different, then it's not really the same. MSF-H BD145RDF is a traditional setup that most everyone uses. What makes this custom different is Wyvang^2.

(Jul. 24, 2014  4:47 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: GG TBD

Thanks. Smile
You let my little cousin use this at the tournament in Indiana TBD when he beat Shining Dog MS with it XD.

I also beat your dad when he used it. Then again, Wyvang Dragooon SA165R2F doesn't have a problem against any right spin defense type, haha.
Well yah. I let him use it with RDF substituted because I figured RSF was too risky with all the Dragooon SGMS was using.

I knew it was good at the time, but I didn't know it was this good. I still thought RSF was safer as far as handling same-spin combinations went.
RDF has been my go to even against same spin since I got it. Then again, I guess another big factor is that my RSF is so hard to get aggro anymore. Even then, I can get RDF plenty aggro enough when I need it or not so it really is the better choice for this set up.
Well yes, RDF is definitely the better option for this custom, but due to some apparently faulty testing, I didn't know that at the time.

Has anyone else used this during a tournament? Because I'd really really like to see the post in winning combinations, in case there's any mention of how it did in the tournament.

I've searched pretty hard and I can't seem to find anything, but perhaps I'm looking in all the wrong places.
(Jul. 24, 2014  3:00 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Well yes, RDF is definitely the better option for this custom, but due to some apparently faulty testing, I didn't know that at the time.

Has anyone else used this during a tournament? Because I'd really really like to see the post in winning combinations, in case there's any mention of how it did in the tournament.

I've searched pretty hard and I can't seem to find anything, but perhaps I'm looking in all the wrong places.

I have used this in a few different tournaments. Ethan H and Snoop Dog MS i think have also. One of the tournaments i used it in was Ethan H's tournament in Febuar and the winning combinations weren't ever posted.