MLB Baseball

Poll: What are/is your favorite MLB team(s)?

Yankees
14.46%
Red Sox
7.23%
Orioles
2.41%
Blue Jays
7.23%
Rays
2.41%
Indians
1.20%
Twins
1.20%
White Sox
2.41%
Lions
1.20%
Royals
1.20%
Angels
3.61%
Rangers
2.41%
Athletics
2.41%
Mariners
3.61%
Phillies
3.61%
Marlins
1.20%
Braves
4.82%
Nationals
3.61%
Mets
2.41%
Astros
2.41%
Cardinals
1.20%
Reds
4.82%
Brewers
1.20%
Pirates
1.20%
Cubs
7.23%
Rockies
1.20%
Dodgers
7.23%
Padres
1.20%
Giants
2.41%
Diamondbacks
1.20%
Total: 100% 83 vote(s)
I did some searching around, and I found there wasn't a thread for baseball. I hope I'm not the only baseball fan on here, but anyway. This thread is for conversation about anything having to do with the MLB or baseball, whether it be stats, players, records, or anything else. Enjoy!
I like the angels because i'm for California and I live 20 minutes away from the stadium
I personally like Seattle. It's the closest MLB team where I live. My favorite player has always been Ichiro. Don't know why, he just is.
(Apr. 29, 2011  3:56 AM)Guardian Wrote: I like the angels because i'm for California and I live 20 minutes away from the stadium

Angels are doing really well this season, might beat out the Rangers.
I'm from Delaware, and my favorite team has to be the PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES! They have the best rotation in baseball, with Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Roy Oswalt, and Cole Hamels. Come on, no other team can beat that!
They also have one of the best power hitters in the league with Ryan Howard. I have this awesome blueish-green Phillies jersey with Roy Halladay on the back. This link shows a Chase Utley jersey (hope he's back soon!).

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/philad...ersey.html
(Apr. 30, 2011  6:34 PM)Ryuk Wrote: I'm from Delaware, and my favorite team has to be the PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES! They have the best rotation in baseball, with Roy Halladay, Cliff Lee, Roy Oswalt, and Cole Hamels. Come on, no other team can beat that!
They also have one of the best power hitters in the league with Ryan Howard. I have this awesome blueish-green Phillies jersey with Roy Halladay on the back. This link shows a Chase Utley jersey (hope he's back soon!).

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/philad...ersey.html

Haha, don't forget you got Roy Oswalt from the Astros. Poke fun at the stros all you want, they were once good, and hopefully in the future they can recreate their successes
I don't know what you mean. I listed Roy Oswalt in my list of the pitchers, and I'm not poking fun at the Astros. I said Roy Oswalt is part of the best rotation in baseball, which means he's a good pitcher. How am I poking fun at the Astros?
(May. 01, 2011  12:34 AM)Ryuk Wrote: I don't know what you mean. I listed Roy Oswalt in my list of the pitchers, and I'm not poking fun at the Astros. I said Roy Oswalt is part of the best rotation in baseball, which means he's a good pitcher. How am I poking fun at the Astros?

??? You misunderstand, I wasn't accusing you of anything. I was just making a statement
I went to a Yankee Game today Grin Yankees beat the Blue Jays 5-4. Oh yeahh Smile
I'm a Blue Jays fan.

LOL is really all that needs to be said.
(May. 01, 2011  4:00 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I went to a Yankee Game today Grin Yankees beat the Blue Jays 5-4. Oh yeahh Smile

You're lucky you have a team who wins...but seriously I hate the Yankees. If you're not a Yankees fan, most of the time, you hate the Yankees. They're just too good
(May. 01, 2011  5:03 AM)NightWolf7919 Wrote:
(May. 01, 2011  4:00 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I went to a Yankee Game today Grin Yankees beat the Blue Jays 5-4. Oh yeahh Smile

You're lucky you have a team who wins...but seriously I hate the Yankees. If you're not a Yankees fan, most of the time, you hate the Yankees. They're just too good

That's why I love 'em Smile Winning is awesome.
Hey Aceblader1, Nightwolf didn't ask "which is the best team," he asked "what is your favorite team." And are you at least from the NY area? BTW, last time I checked, the Phillies are the BEST team in baseball, along with the Indians (both 22-11).
(May. 09, 2011  7:17 PM)Ryuk Wrote: Hey Aceblader1, Nightwolf didn't ask "which is the best team," he asked "what is your favorite team." And are you at least from the NY area? BTW, last time I checked, the Phillies are the BEST team in baseball, along with the Indians (both 22-11).

I love the Indians! They are my third favorite team, after the White sox and the astros. And since both of those teams suck right now, I'm forced to root for the Indians...anyway, it would be nice to see the Phillies and Indians play in the world series
Yeah, I'll also root for the Tribe, until the World Series! It's all Phils from there! They need Utley back soon.

EDIT: Nightwolf, are the Phils even in your top 5? Who doesn't like the team with the best pitchers?
(May. 12, 2011  11:24 PM)Ryuk Wrote: Nightwolf, are the Phils even in your top 5? Who doesn't like the team with the best pitchers?

Haha, me! Mostly because they are in the way of the Stros' (along with every other NL team) making it to the World Series. Anyway, its always nice to win, like today, even if it is against the Mets
I am a huge Yankees fan but I like the tigers to.

Tigers- I lived near Detroit when I was little.

Yanks- My dad likes te Yankees so I automaticly like them to.
Woot, 'stros takin' on the Jays. Who will win? we don't know, its tied at 2.
Dodgers are my favourite but they're closely followed by the Jays. I'm one of the very few people in Australia that actually follows baseball. Unhappy
Haha yes! Astros are winning 4-2! It feels good to be winning for once
Let's see... The Tribe are having issues, and the Sox are about to storm the NL in a few weeks. If we see a few wins against the Tribe from the Sox, we can bounce back! A 4-2 record against Cleveland this year helps. Sweep Toronto, Sweep Cleveland, and string 7 wins, and we're in first in the Central, baby!
(May. 27, 2011  9:43 PM)Megablader9 Wrote: Let's see... The Tribe are having issues, and the Sox are about to storm the NL in a few weeks. If we see a few wins against the Tribe from the Sox, we can bounce back! A 4-2 record against Cleveland this year helps. Sweep Toronto, Sweep Cleveland, and string 7 wins, and we're in first in the Central, baby!

I used to live near Chicago, so I'm a ChiSox fan but, seriously? I love the Sox and hope that happens but I can't imagine any situation where that happens. They are just a punchless team this year. It takes that kind of team to be no-hit by a pitcher with an ERA above 9, from the Twins no less.
Erm... In 2006, the Sox' 15 game lead disappeared in a few weeks... They ended up going from shoe-in to fighting for their postseason lives. It can and will happen. Really, the Tribe ain't all that great.
That's right, let's go 'stros. 3 game sweep of the Cubs. Not that the Cubs are in any way a good team, but it just feels good to finally be on top of someone