MFB: Zero-G :: Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion

:: MFB: Zero-G ::
Competitive Customs List and Public Discussion

For the Zero-G Stadiums, primarily the Zero-G Attack Type Stadium

Welcome, everybody, to the competitive custom list and public discussion for the MFB: Zero-G format! In this format, all Metal Fight Beyblade parts are legal, and battles are conducted in a Zero-G stadium (most importantly the Zero-G Attack Type Stadium).

If you're just looking for the competitive list, just scroll down to that section below. If you're here to discuss what should go on the list, keep reading!

-=-=-=-=-

When it comes to updating the competitive customs list, the Advanced forum has an unfortunate habit of falling behind the newest customs being brewed, meaning the latest customs might not be listed and out-of-date customs might still be on the list. With this in mind, we are creating this public discussion to hopefully garner a better idea of what needs to be included or removed from the competitive list.

The way this will work is that both the public and the advanced threads will remain open with the advanced thread acting as a "final word" as to what, exactly, the competitive list will look like. This thread will act as a way for anyone to provide much-needed input between list updates, with the hope that this discussion will aid in overcoming the lethargic update patterns from which the competitive list frequently suffers.

While we're on that topic, the Advanced Forum Competitive Zero-G Customs List Discussion can be found here.

I must implore all of you to please be intelligent about what you post in here. If you are going to propose a brand new custom, you will have to provide actual test and/or tournament results to back your claim up. If there is something that isn't on the list that obviously should be or there is something that you don't think should be on the list any more, please still provide as much insight into your suggestions as possible.

The main thing is that this thread has been tried in the past and had to be closed and moved to the advanced forum. I do not think anyone wants to see that happen again, so please be smart about what you post!

So, in closing, the current competitive list can be found below and an archive of all the recent lists is under that. Let's get discussing!

:: Current Competitive Zero-G Customs List ::
As of 1/2/14

(Oct. 06, 2013  4:12 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Smash Attack

MSF/MSF-H Bahamdia Ifraid SA165 R2F/RF/XF
MSF/MSF-H Balro Balro W145/160 R2F/RF/XF
MSF/MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang W145/160 R2F/RF/XF

Zero-G Attack

MSF/MSF-H Balro Balro SA165/E230 CF/GCF/GF
MSF/MSF-H Wyvang/Girago Dragooon SA165 CF/GCF/GF
MSF/MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang SA165/E230/SP230 CF/GCF/GF

Defense

MSF-H Killerken Revizer E230 CS/RB/RSF
MSF-H Revizer Revizer/Killerken/Genbull E230 CS/RB/RSF

Zero-G Defense

MSF-H Killerken Revizer E230 BSF/MB/RSF/TB
MSF-H Revizer Revizer/Killerken/Genbull E230 BSF/MB/RSF/TB

Stamina

Duo Cancer/Cygnus/Hades BGrin
Duo Cancer/Cygnus/Hades W145 BWD/EWD
Duo Cancer/Cygnus/Hades SA165 BWD/EWD/TB
DuoCancer/Cygnus/Hades SR200 CS/TB
Genbull Genbull TH170/SA165/SR200 CS/TB

Spin Stealers

MSF-H Killerken/Genbull/Revizer Dragooon BGrin
MSF-H Killerken/Genbull/Revizer Dragooon SA165 BWD/EWD

Balance

MF-H Duo Cancer/Cygnus/Hades F230 CF/GCF
MSF/MSF-H Genbull Genbull F230 CF/GCF
MSF/MSF-H/MSF-M Genbull/Girago/Killerken/Revizer/Wyvang Dragooon F230 CF/GCF

:: Competitive Zero-G Customs List Archives ::

The list looks pretty good. I agree with all the combos on it. Thanks for this Ingulit Grin
All the thanks go to the rest of the Advanced users (especially Dark_Mousy), I'm just the one who manages these posts xP
(Jan. 02, 2014  8:38 PM)Galaxy Blade Wrote: The list looks pretty good. I agree with all the combos on it. Thanks for this Ingulit Grin
Agreed! The list looks great to me but, I never really heard of Wyvang on F230. I would usually expect it to be either Girago, Dragoon, Or Genbull. But overall, It might just be me Smile
Has Girago Dragooon been tested? For Sway Attack? And wouldn't CS for Stamina not work? And what about MF for Sway Defense? I swear I had at least one test of it for Sway Defense. Has Genbull Genbull SA165TB been tested? I believe only Killerken Genbull SA165TB has. And this would need tons of testing but would it be ok if we add MSF-H Girago Girago SA165WSF to Balance? Meow! has tests for it on his Youtube Channel and the SA165WSF setup has been tested on Balro Gryph or Gryph Balro. Other than that, the list seems fine.
(Jan. 02, 2014  10:17 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Has Girago Dragooon been tested? For Sway Attack? And wouldn't CS for Stamina not work? And what about MF for Sway Defense? I swear I had at least one test of it for Sway Defense. Has Genbull Genbull SA165TB been tested? I believe only Killerken Genbull SA165TB has. And this would need tons of testing but would it be ok if we add MSF-H Girago Girago SA165WSF to Balance? Meow! has tests for it on his Youtube Channel and the SA165WSF setup has been tested on Balro Gryph or Gryph Balro. Other than that, the list seems fine.

Seeing as the Zero-G competitive list is based a good amount on tournament results, it's understandable that Genbull^2 SA165TB should be added (aside from the fact that it would obviously be effective since Genbull^2 is usually more effective than Killerken Genbull). MF has very little testing, and, as far as I know, no tournament record. However, I have tried it myself and I am inclined to say that it's inferior to the options that we have now, due partially to problems maintaining spin velocity when dealing with the deep slope of the stadium.

Girago Girago SA165WSF simply has no testing, nor any tournament record to go by. If Meow! came up with it I have no doubt that it's a decent combo, but we really don't know much about it ATM.

I do agree with tossing Duo SA165/SR200CS though. It doesn't benefit as much from CS's low recoil/moderate friction as the nearly 20-gram heavier Genbull from my experience.

I would also raise the subject of possibly removing TB from Zero-G Defense in the future, just from tournament experience seeing it swayed relatively more easily than other options given the Attack user's launch is powerful/accurate enough. Just something we could talk about doing later. Smile
Its good to finally see a list in place. Now that we have one in place if anyone has VALID Suggestions based on tournament and testing then feel free to post them. But lets not let this get cluttered like past threads.
I agree with TBD with the issue of TB defense. Even with E230, it gets swayed out everytime( for me).

And yeah, the F230s need to be orange.
On top of my last post, there's something I forgot to mention...

Is there any particular reason WD isn't listed with duo Stamina? It's definitely on par with EWD/BWD, and it's pretty solid middle ground between the two. I use it all the time!
(Jan. 03, 2014  6:29 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: On top of my last post, there's something I forgot to mention...

Is there any particular reason WD isn't listed with duo Stamina? It's definitely on par with EWD/BWD, and it's pretty solid middle ground between the two. I use it all the time!

I'm sure it has something to do with EWD/BWD's resistance to sway. It might not be the best option, but I do agree that it should be included, just as another option.
EWD has no Sway Resistance, all it's up there for its amazing precession.
I agree WD should be listed as another option, its done well for me in the past.

In my opinion, at least, its a bit better (balanced) than BWD, but doesn't have the Sway Resistance that BWD has.
wait, why would cs be used for stamina? after the bey loses spin,the rubber touches the stadium and creates more friction causing the bey to lose stamina. im confused???
Just curious, was 160 under Attack ever tested? If so, could someone PM me with the testing thread?
Cool

Btw pepsidew advertising couldmend up with you being banned
(Jan. 22, 2014  6:11 AM)OmegaPhantom Wrote: Cool

Btw pepsidew advertising couldmend up with you being banned

He's not advertising......I would read the rules and be clear about the topic of this thread before making posts like that Wink

EDIT: The Doctor (Dr.PepsiDew) I remember it being tested with flash (flash 160r2f) but I don't know if anybody made a thread about it...
Other then adding WD to stamina types does anyone have any other suggestions on the tier list?
I would suggest removing CS from Duo Stamina, and removing TB from Sway-Defense. Check my first post in the thread for reasons.

Gryph Gryph should also be added for Sway-Attack at some point. It's incredible. Sway-Kos TB with no problem in the hands of a skilled Attack user. It's placed multiple times IIRC. Should definitely be tested.
LRF is good smash attack.
Small Proposal for change to the Zero G Tier List.
Added WD to SA165 and Lower Stamina types, add LRF to Smash attack.

How does everyone feel about Girago Girago E230 MB & Genbull Genbull E230 MB added to the list?

I'm all for adding LRF to smash and adding Genbull Genbull E230MB
It would defenitely be a good addition to the list, it ahs had good tournament experience and TheBlackDragon and DrPepsidew(And others) have proven to show good results in tests. I'm all for it, haha.
How does everyone feel about Dragoon BGrin(Bearin Drive)?? Does it still have it or does it need to be taken down? With Dragoon F230 and SA165 I can see it being taken down. Thoughts