MF Rock Pegasis DF145S

(Jul. 02, 2009  8:02 PM)Giga Wrote: You did not state any of that originally. Why do you have to be so technical? You are stating this is better than Libra combos. You have stated Pegasis was wrong when he tested this, yet when Blitz tested it, (adding Metal Face but getting the same results) you agreed with him. You confuse me. If you had stated it was just for fun that would have been different.

Despite the numbers I have that would normally stand as solid claims, I never come up and made bold statements on anything I just wanted someone to perform tests for them in a more technical way with using MF and writing that I have problems with my RF(Right know its almost an RB) implies my doubts these results, almost all of you came up only with opposing claims rather than sparing some time to do a test as I did whereas Brad who has much more knowledge than any one of who normally would have said tons of things only pointed out the main mistake(which I am glad of it) and never interfered with the topic afterwards and it is what I would have awaited from the rest of you(at least a similar behavior) whereas you only try to emphasize his point or kept talking about the information already out there, where my main intention is to have a better build up of information through debating not having quarreling arguments that does not lead anywhere.

Additionally, next year I am becoming a Junior on Electrical and Electronics Engineering for my BSc, as my major dominates my life and as it a department requires doing justifications through technical ways my judgement on the overall aspects of my life does not differ from that of the one I have in my academic studies, therefore, when I am considering something, I do it through technical ways and means.
Alright, wow, this thread exploded in my absence.

So I managed to get 3 combo's tested against MF Rock Pegasis DF145S and once without the MF to test a theory (so, 4 matches total). The matches I did were 20 rounds each here's the results of the following customs:

Storm 90RF: I won't post the match for match bit up, but I'd like to say I've gotten quite good at sliding shoot and like most of the posts here have sustained, this combo dies to a smasher instantly. It's too light even with the Metal Face. For it's defense purpose Libra takes the cake. Out of 20 matches MF Rock Pegasis DF145S won 4 times, 3 by Storm 90RF KOing itself via recoil and once for barely outlasting it after a lot of lucky saves, regardless luck is part of the game.

MF Libra CH120B: I choose this combo because I figured you might as well be using one of the best defense combo's to test things out against one and it's my friends favorite combo so... meh. The match up was really weird, most of it was a stamina fest, and I think Rock's wheel was counter productive in this match up most of the time. MF Rock Pegasis DF145S won 11 out of 20 matches and oh god where they boring, I don't think the S bottom on the combo is even worth checking out an aggression rate with it doesn't exactly have one, both combo's seemed to slowly gravitate toward each other, hit with a minor recoil and process repeat. Rock Pegasis DF145S was probably a better choice, I think the combo is best suited as a Stamina type honestly, this was were I decided to do two tests...

Virgo DF145B: Was my choice for Stamina because... well, I like the combo and it's also in the Competitive List, what better choice to have the prospective combo come up against especially to test endurance? MF Rock Pegasis DF145S performed poorly in this area as I'd suspected, it lost 14/20 matches mostly losing to... well, it's lower stamina. However, I re-did the tests without a Metal Face...

Virgo DF145D vs Rock Pegasis DF145S: Alright this isn't that exciting but it's what helped me garner my final view of the prospective customization. As I said before I suspected the MF to be a hindrance to it's stamina overall, so I redid testing without it just to see, and saw a decent improvement in performance in this aspect. The match results were 12/20 being losses for Rock Pegasis DF145S but the difference with the combo saw it lasting longer in the endurance race.

Final Thoughts: MF/ Rock Pegasis DF145S seems to be a decent Stamina combo. it seemed to perform best at it. I'm not quite sure where I'd place it though, plus I'm not the best judge yet ^^; Regardless it's definitely inferior with regards to defense I think it's run ins with the attack type test definitely proved this.

I hope my testing at least helps you in some way, I'll run tests according to your actual preferences tomorrow after I beat my friend down and tell him to stop being a donkey :3
hiro Ayami: Thanks, with your test results the ratio of overall data needed to reach a conclusion on the rock metal wheel has increased to %80, I will be waiting for the rest of your results Joyful_3
Alright so I got around to testing the results of the following with my friend today, sorry for the delay, hope this is more progress for you.

Storm Leone 90RF
Libra D125WB
Virgo D125D

So I did sets of 20 matches against each combo in the MFB attack stadium, this was to test MF Rock Pegasis DF145S.

vs Storm Leone 90RF: Pretty much the same as when I tested against Storm 90RF. The Leone clear wheel didn't seem to do anything except the break down was: Storm Leone 90RF losing 5 times, 4 to Recoil, and 1 to lack of Stamina. Regardless I think it's fair to say now, with a 22.5% win chance (5/20 this match up, and 4/20 the previous) against first tier 90RF attackers this is not an ideal customization.

vs Libra D125WB: So... again, defense combo vs MF Rock Pegasis DF145S is boring. Slow long stamina fest, except... well I think this did worse than your first testings because of the MF, as I said in my last set of tests this combo seems geared towards Stamina, and doesn't do a bad job at it, the MF killed it's Stamina in the long run, and it seemed to unbalance it later on in the match once the two beyblades did their occasional 'hit'. Didn't see much of an aggression rate here, I think the bottom is ill-suited for any sort of attack. 14/20 wins for MF Rock Pegasis DF145S.

vs Virgo D125D: Kind of a boring match up again, it was a Stamina battle right, what can you expect? Anyways the MF definitely made this combo perform poorly against this particular match up, I'm finally understanding just how much Stamina a Metal Face can steal away. The higher the track the more it seems to affect the combo. Regardless the only thing that saved MF Rock Pegasis from taking a worse score was the random fluke smashes it had. This lead to an 11/20 wins for MF Rock Pegasis.