MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF

As the title says, this combo marks the end of the current metagame. No more mirror matches, no more 230 dominance. All of that is over with now I can assure you. I have been using this combo for a few months now and I am proud to have created this and also, Dan has made the same combo as well. Unknowingly, we had been using the same combo with the same idea. With all that said, I will let the results do the rest of the talking. By the way, this combo's tournament record is 16-0. Had this been used all the time, I doubt anything would run through it. This combo knows no bounds. BD145 on its own produces such a force of attack that anything is prone to getting smashed out when it hits. The metal wheel is NOT needed for the tremendous smash it produces. It also steals spin from other BD145s in Normal Mode such as MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS/MB. LRF boosts the spin stealing ability along with allowing this combo to have more grip on the stadium and more speed. Lightning, as the strongest attack wheel to date, makes this combo even more powerful when a beyblade comes in contact with the metal wheel. MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF is the combo.

Sister Thread: Dan's Maximum Meteor
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Maximum-...go-CH120XF

Lightning Tank vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS
Lightning: 16/20 (13 KOs 3OS)
Basalt: 4/20
Lightning: 80% win rate

Lightning Tank vs. MF-H Hell Kerbecs 230CS
Lightning: 18/20 (ALL KO)
Hell: 2/20 (OS only)
Lightning: 90% win rate

Lightning Tank vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Lightning: 15/20 (10 KO 5OS)
Basalt: 5/20(2KO 3OS)
Lightning: 75% win rate

Lightning Tank vs. MF-H Hell Kerbecs BD145WD(BOOST)
Lightning 18/20(16 KO 2OS)
Hell: 2/20 (1KO 1OS)

Lightning Tank vs. MF-H Libra 85D
Lightning: 20/20 (19 KO 1 OS)
100%

Lightning Tank vs. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 85CS
Lightning: 19/20 (17 KO 2OS)
Basalt 1/20(1 OS)

The closest things I have seen giving this combo an issue, even though this one still prevailed, was MF-H Big Bang S130RF and MF-H Fang S130RF. They are extremely powerful and definitely would be considered top-tier if more results are posted. I would NOT like this combo to be seen as top tier. It is in a class of its own. If anything, it should be Anti-Meta. This was made to end Top-Tier combos, not to endorse them. This thread will be a sister thread to Dan's soon. ALSO, I WOULD LIKE TO THANK DEIKAILO, CYE, IKMV AND DAN FOR HELPING ME MAX THIS COMBO OUT AND FINDING OUT JUST HOW TO USE IT TO MY ADVANTAGE.

Azlanslayer's Videos (SUBSCRIBE TO HIS CHANNEL!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XAAfOauT80
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhTel77tb9E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqaN6EtNoQA
But everything except for LRF is a known top tier part...

Not to say it's terrible, but that would make it top tier, no?
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:15 PM)Deikailo Wrote: But everything except for LRF is a known top tier part...

In a sense, this is correct. However, MF-H G.Perseus F: D is also anti-meta and everything with the exception of F: D is also top tier.
Not necessarily, as BD145 isn't exactly known to be an attack track. LRF is better than R2F in left-spin anyway so it might as well be top-tier. (in my eyes.) Will post my results soon.
Beat
could you do some battles vs lower beys, as im not sure lightning will make to much contact as BD might get in the way.
good combo,my LRF is dead,so i cant test it,but when i saw this at the tournament,it was really good
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:19 PM)Callum6939 Wrote: could you do some battles vs lower beys, as im not sure lightning will make to much contact as BD might get in the way.

As I stated in the OP, BD145 has WAY more than enough smash to ruin a lower bey on its own.
F: D substitutes as two pieces: bottom and track. G Perseus is really more like one piece since you can't exactly sub out the clear wheel.

When someone can build a killer combo that does not involve BD145, Hell wheel, (E)WD, Perseus, Basalt and L L Drago, I'll call it a new metagame. You can't say the metagame is falling because then that would make this game 100% random.

Not for nothing, but you've been a rebel against tiers since the beginning of the year, but meanwhile, every tournament you've won, you've used tier 1 stamina parts (MF Earth Aquario 85/90WD, MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD). It's hypocritical.

(Apr. 22, 2011  7:17 PM)Dan Wrote: Not necessarily, as BD145 isn't exactly known to be an attack track. LRF is better than R2F in left-spin anyway so it might as well be top-tier. (in my eyes.) Will post my results soon.
Beat
IKMV used Meteo L Drago (blue clear wheel) BD145MF at Battle of the Boroughs 2... or my birthday, I'm not sure. It's been known.
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:21 PM)Deikailo Wrote: F: D substitutes as two pieces: bottom and track. G Perseus is really more like one piece since you can't exactly sub out the clear wheel.

When someone can build a killer combo that does not involve BD145, Hell wheel, (E)WD, Perseus, Basalt and L L Drago, I'll call it a new metagame. You can't say the metagame is falling because then that would make this game 100% random.

Not for nothing, but you've been a rebel against tiers since the beginning of the year, but meanwhile, every tournament you've won, you've used tier 1 stamina parts (MF Earth Aquario 85/90WD, MF Hell Kerbecs BD145WD). It's hypocritical.

Um, have you forgotten what I used to win the West Berlin tournament? It was this. I never used stamina in that entire tournament or the last one in NY. Had I done that, I would have won for sure. Do you have any idea how many self-kos I had last tournament from not gripping? Stamina does not have that issue.
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:17 PM)Dan Wrote: Not necessarily, as BD145 isn't exactly known to be an attack track.

That's because no one has tested it though not because it has no ability in attack combos.
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:21 PM)Deikailo Wrote: F: D substitutes as two pieces: bottom and track. G Perseus is really more like one piece since you can't exactly sub out the clear wheel.

(Apr. 22, 2011  7:17 PM)Dan Wrote: Not necessarily, as BD145 isn't exactly known to be an attack track. LRF is better than R2F in left-spin anyway so it might as well be top-tier. (in my eyes.) Will post my results soon.
Beat
IKMV used Meteo L Drago (blue clear wheel) BD145MF at Battle of the Boroughs 2... or my birthday, I'm not sure. It's been known.

Also, IKMV used that combo to mainly max out the spin stealing abilities. BD145 just rendered lower attackers useless until it outspun everything else.
Seeing as it has gone 16-0, it IS part of your metagame and one of the main parts. The metagame isn't a structure or organisation that can fall - Combo's will be categorised as metagame, non-metagame, anti-metagame and just plain bad combos. I see a 16-0 as being top/near top of your metagame not something that destroys it. If anything, you have pushed the rest down and placed your own concept at the top.

The combo is certainly viable for the current UK metagame but I wonder just how many will opt for it.

EDIT: just viewed Deikailo's post; I think Bluezee just misinterprets what metagame means, which is what my post addresses.
as much as i love seeing basalt/hell +230/BD145 variants getting beaten, there is another problem i see.

(Apr. 22, 2011  7:08 PM)Bluezee Wrote: The closest things I have seen giving this combo an issue, even though this one still prevailed

IMO, if nothing does good vs this combo then the metagame will stay the way it is, but instead of trying to beat basalt you try to beat lightning

anyways, nice tests results
Lawl! I had similar win rates except it was with R2F . Very good combo. Well done Bluezee
You seriously expect me to remember everyone's blade at every tournament? I've been to six in the last three months. I do, however, remember our match against each other at West Berlin. You beat my Basalt Aquario 105EWD with a Hell Kerbecs BD145WD. We were both complaining because stamina battles were boring and we were both disappointed in ourselves for choosing stamina. If you don't believe me, I'll pull up the video for you next week. Smile
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:29 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: as much as i love seeing basalt/hell +230/BD145 variants getting beaten, there is another problem i see.

(Apr. 22, 2011  7:08 PM)Bluezee Wrote: The closest things I have seen giving this combo an issue, even though this one still prevailed

IMO, if nothing does good vs this combo then the metagame will stay the way it is, but instead of trying to beat basalt you try to beat lightning

anyways, nice tests results

Will that not always be a vicious cycle, of having a dominating/thriving force in the meta-game where everyone tries to beat it. Finally find something that can, and it tends to be king of the meta-game until the same thing happens? They can't all have equal prowess, or nothing would work properly. There always has to be a loser, and a winner.
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:30 PM)Deikailo Wrote: You seriously expect me to remember everyone's blade at every tournament? I've been to six in the last three months. I do, however, remember our match against each other at West Berlin. You beat my Basalt Aquario 105EWD with a Hell Kerbecs BD145WD. We were both complaining because stamina battles were boring and we were both disappointed in ourselves for choosing stamina. If you don't believe me, I'll pull up the video for you next week. Smile

I remember that one and in fact, the reason I picked that was because I was preparing for you to use an attacker. I wanted to see if I could actually counter it with that stamina type but it did not happen and then I was disappointed. After that, I vowed to never use stamina again and I followed my words.
Also to point out, there is no unified metagame. We may be playing the same game we call Beyblade, but the fact is, if there is no physical exchange of battles between 2 populations (example: London/Bristol metagame versus Italian metagame), then there is only secondary effect and no primary effect.
Ur not exactly done =3. U need to test it with mf lld 85RF. If u don't have a spare I'll test it when I get home from nyc
I was waiting for Bluzee to make this thread...

I have my own results

MF Lightning L-Drago BD145RF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS
Standard Procedures
Lightning L-Drago Win Rate - 80% (6KOs, 2OSs)

I'll do tests with BD145 when I borrow an extra one from someone.
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:36 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Also to point out, there is no unified metagame. We may be playing the same game we call Beyblade, but the fact is, if there is no physical exchange of battles between 2 populations (example: London/Bristol metagame versus Italian metagame), then there is only secondary effect and no primary effect.

In response to this, I shared this with the italians before I posted it here seeing as how they were struggling against Basalt 230CS and mirror matches started to happen there with Basalt 230CS. That is unacceptable. So what I did was tell them the combo and some are already testing it and getting amazing results just like others on this side of the world have. With that said, in a sense, this could be used to apply to all metagames seeing as how for some reason, each region was having the 230CS dominance that has now ended with the combos Dan and I have created.
Escolpio S130DS vs. MF-H Lightning L Drago BD145LRF
Out of twenty matches, each won 10.

I only counted each match it L L Drago could make at least one clean hit on Escolpio within the first 3-5 seconds. I did not count the match if L L Drago landed and then immediately KO'd Escolpio (I would consider that my error because I would slide shoot into Escolpio's path).

When Escolpio, a tier 3 wheel, DS (which I would consider to be tier 2 considering CS may be a better option) and S130 a tier 2 part can go toe to toe your "end game" combo, that's breaking the metagame.

BD145 is a legitimate attack track. It pushes the opponent out and since it's plastic, it can absorb most recoil to give it more momentum to follow through. You don't need extensive testing to see that.
Perhaps that MF-H lessened its movement? since I've tried it with MF-H before and that happened. Condition of RF as well? :V
(Apr. 22, 2011  8:32 PM)Bluezee Wrote:
(Apr. 22, 2011  7:36 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Also to point out, there is no unified metagame. We may be playing the same game we call Beyblade, but the fact is, if there is no physical exchange of battles between 2 populations (example: London/Bristol metagame versus Italian metagame), then there is only secondary effect and no primary effect.

In response to this, I shared this with the italians before I posted it here seeing as how they were struggling against Basalt 230CS and mirror matches started to happen there with Basalt 230CS. That is unacceptable. So what I did was tell them the combo and some are already testing it and getting amazing results just like others on this side of the world have. With that said, in a sense, this could be used to apply to all metagames seeing as how for some reason, each region was having the 230CS dominance that has now ended with the combos Dan and I have created.

Yes, your response backs my claim for secondary effect - which I'm happy someone is sharing my views. Though I still stand by that combos exists as soon as parts are released, rather than individuals "creating" combos. More of discovering uses of a combo - combos always exist before we assemble them.
(Apr. 22, 2011  8:39 PM)Dan Wrote: Perhaps that MF-H lessened its movement? since I've tried it with MF-H before and that happened. Condition of RF as well? :V

Definitely has to be the issue. MF-H is too heavy for this combo and RF is not supposed to be used. It has lower speed, which this combo needs and the spin-stealing is not as great. I will post my results against that combo in a few minutes.