MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS!

(Jul. 14, 2011  1:42 AM)GaHooleone Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2011  10:43 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Nice, man. Hopefully such can reiterate on other low track fighters.

Could you try this against: Basalt Cancer 100B

Don't have B. And sasuke, I explained that above. And floorscraping is not a reason to test something...

Rusty, I'm using the one from Hell Kerbecs BD145DS. Perhaps you should include a note about the molds in the beywiki article?
There is a thread on it somewhere uwik made it , there are minute molds 2 , 3 and 4 mins. Anyway How does this go against 230?
Kronos destabilizes quite nicely, and it can just reach under basalt 230.
Wow, I was just thinking of this combo(but I only have extremely outdated parts, so I couldn't test it T_T). Anyways, nice combo! Maybe I'll assemble it someday in the distant future. Smile
(Jul. 14, 2011  4:50 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Kronos destabilizes quite nicely, and it can just reach under basalt 230.

What about Hell 230?
Well from my tests it doesn't do too good.

MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS VS Hell Kerbecs 230D
standard procedure
scythe wins : 2
Hell wins : 8

I no twenty rounds is the minim but this took a while so ten is all i had time for. Scythe managed to destabilize hell the two times it won.
Kids, this is why we always test against Hell Kerbecs 230D/CS. It mightn't be top tier, but it trolls a lot of combo's.
It's basically sitting on the edge of top tier and not top tier, just waiting for enough top tier beys to suck against it.
Damn Hell 230.... I thought it would have too much recoil on D, but I guess not. I'll check it out.

Basalt 230CS results (Just finished wearing down my other CS last night):
MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS
Same conditions as OP
Kronos: 28/30 (28 OS)
Aquario: 2/30 (2 OS)

Kronos Win percentage: 93%

My god, Aquario got murdered. Kronos continuously destabilized Basalt and sent it flying around the ridge on its CS tip. Basalt would have very low stamina by that point, and the Kronos CW would then destabilize it. Only twice did Aquario manage to smash Kronos down, but the PC frame took care of it most of the time.

Sorry for the wait on other tests, will have them up ASAP. I did 30 because I couldn't believe my eyes after the first 20 rounds, so I did 10 more just to be sure.
(Jul. 15, 2011  1:07 PM)th!nk Wrote: Kids, this is why we always test against Hell Kerbecs 230D/CS. It mightn't be top tier, but it trolls a lot of combo's.
It's basically sitting on the edge of top tier and not top tier, just waiting for enough top tier beys to suck against it.

I still do not understand why it is not top-tier. Basalt hangs too low and gets ruined but 85-100 combos at times.. Hell 230 rarely has that problem and it is almost untouchable. I would use that over Basalt 230 any day.
Bluezee: Keep in mind, MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH220CS seems to actually be able to beat MF MLD CH120/145XF, unlike the 220 version, so being lower isn't always a disadvantage.

But yeah, it should be top tier, in the new balance tier. More testing and tourney use, I guess. The thing is a lot of new combo's do beat it pretty easily, but then, MF Earth Bull GB145CS is on there. I can go on about the competitive combo's thread for ages, ahah.

@Ga: Use CS, if you have a second, it works better IMO, just because of that recoil.

If you have a kerbecs CW, take a look at hero's image in the last post in my CW guide thread. We find kerbecs in that orientation generally works better than most other CW's for Basalt on High Tracks (on low tracks, Aquario is probably the better choice as it can destabilise taller opponents and has some resistance to force smash).
^I really need to test that then... Hell does have a raised perimeter, so I can see where you're going with that, th!nk. Basalt overhangs, which is why it lost to my combo.

EDIT: Alright, I'll check if it makes a difference later. Right now I'm rewatching FMA. Cute
I'm sorry if you specified this, but, what mode was Scythe in?
Scythe is in stamina mode.
I bet I sound kinda dumb, but is the stamina mode like ED145(where the free spinning feature isn't very effective), or does the free spinning feature actually help MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS out?
As I stated multiple times, it helps greatly. That free-spinning PC frame is the deciding factor.
Yup, just like the ED145. Good results. By any chance can you test it against MF LLDGb145R²F? And how thin Sycthe wheel is, it must be really good defense and stamina. Too bad not for attack T_T
Cye was telling me the other day how he had experienced success with this combo against Basalt 230 combos, which I found odd, so I decided to do some testing myself against MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS (which everyone should be using by this point anyways):

Attack Stadium
Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher for both
Basalt Aquario always shot first
CS's switched half way through, some movement on both

MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS (220 Height)
MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS: 0 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS: 10 wins
Basalt win percentage: 100%

I also did some testing against an EDS variant:

MF-H Scythe Kronos 90EDS vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS (220 Height)
MF-H Scythe Kronos 90EDS: 0 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS: 10 wins
Basalt win percentage: 100%

If this custom had success against 230, you'd think that it would be even easier to win against the 220 height, wouldn't you? In comparing my results with the MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS results that Ga'Hooleone has posted in the OP, I would say that there must be some difference in our CS's, but then again, I've never had any trouble with low Track Stamina customs beating 220-230 height customs, so I don't know.
hey Ga'Hoolenone can you test Kronos against a burn bull GB145 combo
Kei we worked out it does well against basalt 230 , but against he'll 230 it struggles I did a small amount of testing on the previous page and I will do some more soon with 2 CS's , and I may test with th220.
Kei I don't know what to say... This combo really does kill Basalt 230, and I've had many members verify this. I don't have a beat lynx though, so I cannot test the 220 variant.
My scytche can't beat bassalt 230WD... Anything wrong? I used this combination, is it cuz it lost because of WD's great stamina?
Nice I'll get to the tests now:
Standard Procedures:

MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS (CS is usable) v MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS (CS was mint)
BK won 20
SK won 0

Scythe Kronos win percentage = 0%

I swapped the CS and the tests were the same.
Seems all of us except Ga' have the same results against 230CS did you by any chance have scythe in attack mode Ga'..... because I'm quite sure all of us have been using it in stamina mode correct.
As soon as I read the results I knew a few of them weren't right, so I did my own tests.

Attack Stadium
Launcher Grip + BeyLauncher for both

MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145MB
Scythe Kronos: 3/20 (0 OS, 3 KO)
Basalt Aquario: 17/20 (13 OS, 4 KO)

Scythe Kronos win percentage: 15%

Basalt always knocks Scythe over balance towards the end, no matter how far ahead Scythe may seem through out the battle.

MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS
Scythe Kronos: 2/20 (0 OS, 2 KO)
Basalt Aquario: 18/20 (15 OS, 3 KO)

Scythe Kronos Win percentage: 10%

MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs. MF Lightning L-Drago BD145RF (Don't have LRF)
Scythe Kronos: 4/20 (3 OS, 1 KO)
Lightning L-Drago: 16/20 (0 OS, 16 KO)

Scythe Kronos win percentage: 20%

Overall Scythe doesn't do well at low heights, if not KO'd it usually loses balance and floor scrapes towards the end of the battle.
MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs Hell Kerbecs 230CS
Scythe Kronos: 3(All KO)
Hell Kerbecs : 12(ALL OS)

The CS's were semi-agressive so thats were the KO's came from , but Scythe could not OS Hell so yeah like i said before it may beat Basalt 230CS but Hell's raised perimeter causes problems .