MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS!

Yeah, generic stamina/defense combo! Or not.

This thing can stop BD145's in its tracks thanks to Scythe, and is extremely useful. Plus, that grey and purple color scheme using the purple CS (RBV6), purple 90 and MF-H (MLD Reshuffle) looks awesome. The free-spinning PC frame helps absorb attacks, prevent BD145 from doing its job (it needs to be lower than or lean slightly to counter normal mode BD145)

Tests!
Equipment:
Beylauncher LR and L used (L for LLD) both with 3 segment launcher grips and Hasbro Launcher Rubber
TT MFB Black Attack Stadium
Kronos launched at 90% to stop random flying around stadium
Alternately shot for stamina and defense, Kronos launched first with attack

Note!: I am a decent, but not perfect user of LRF. I rarely mess up the launch of LRF, but I redid all those with bad launching.

Both straight shot

MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs. Hell Kerbecs BD145WD
Kronos: 15/20 (15 OS)
Kerbecs: 5/20 (5 OS)

Kronos win percentage: 75%

Kronos would only lose because it would get under the higher part of BD145 while both had low stamina, and Hell Kerbecs BD145WD would smash it into the ground, causing it to floorscrape and barely lose. More often than not, they would be at equal level and slightly wobbling, and all of Hell Kerbecs' attacks would just hit the PC frame and make it lose stamina faster.

MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145MB
Kronos: 16/20 (16 OS)
Aquario: 4/20 (4 OS)

Kronos win percentage: 80%

BD145 has nothing on this combo. Scythe took the attacks and kept spinning, and Aquario eventually just lost thanks to floorscrape and outspin. Kronos only lost when the PC frame didn't make enough contact and BD145 drained its stamina. All of the battles were pretty close though.

Basalt 230CS results (Just finished wearing down my other CS last night):
MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS
Same conditions as OP
Kronos: 28/30 (28 OS)
Aquario: 2/30 (2 OS)

Kronos Win percentage: 93%

My god, Aquario got murdered. Kronos continuously destabilized Basalt and sent it flying around the ridge on its CS tip. Basalt would have very low stamina by that point, and the Kronos CW would then destabilize it. Only twice did Aquario manage to smash Kronos down, but the PC frame took care of it most of the time.

LLD banked

MF-H Scythe Kronos 90CS vs. MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF
Kronos: 13/20 (13 OS)
L-Drago: 7/20 (7 KO)
4 Draws, all redone

Kronos win percentage: 65%

As expected, Kronos only lost to sheer knockout. However, L-Drago would often knock it to the edge of the stadium but not knock it out. L-Drago couldn't energy transfer either thanks to Scythe's PC frame, and it would lose by a lot of spin. Lightning L-Drago only won when it continuously hit Kronos while Kronos was at the edge of the stadium, causing it to tilt back and expose its metal frame, which L-Drago would then contact and smash out. There were also a few draws too, from double knockout.

So, let the tests and validations/contradictions begin! I will update the OP with other member's testing too.
Great testing results and thanks for doing this. Gah looks like there is another bey to buy
Awesome, knew sytche would be epic!
I had the same tought ever since heard scythe PC frame was free spinning, but because I didn't own it my opinion would not count. Can you test it on 85 to if you have it?
I have 85, and I did some unofficial testing, but it wasn't as good. The PC frame did absorb from Boost and Normal mode BD145 better, and other stuff, but when it came down to the last part of the battle (which is where Scythe wins), it floorscrapes due to the width of Scythe and since it's on a CS, which doesn't have great balance.
(Jul. 13, 2011  3:40 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I have 85, and I did some unofficial testing, but it wasn't as good. The PC frame did absorb from Boost and Normal mode BD145 better, and other stuff, but when it came down to the last part of the battle (which is where Scythe wins), it floorscrapes due to the width of Scythe and since it's on a CS, which doesn't have great balance.
Ah I see, that was also my concern. But yeah 90 seems a good heigth
I was doing this test on 85 and I have been wanting to post a thread but then nobody would believe me
Can you do tests with the Basalt combo on CS? It's generally better than MB, especially in situations where scraping is an issue...

Also, the rule is that thread titles may only contain the combo itself, nothing more. So yeah, you should probably change that.
Argh, well alright then. And I'll see what I can do.
Can you test against Basalt 230CS and Gravity BD145?
BD145RF, I assume? Ok, I'll do it when I'm able to.
It looks great as a combo, but i wish other people would test it too to make sure it works for them( no offence!)
Try testing Scythe Kronos 100CS? If 85 doesn't work but 90 does, maybe something slightly higher would work better?
I'll check it, but my goal is to keep it as low as possible so that the PC frame makes maximum contact without the Metal wheel floorscraping where it matters most.
Nice, man. Hopefully such can reiterate on other low track fighters.

Could you try this against: Basalt Cancer 100B
Haha this combo , i have known about this for a while athough i prefer to use 100 or BD145 but the latter one is for another concept.
What minute mold of hell are you using? Anyway ill get around to testing soon gotta test combos for some other people , but after all that ill help .
did you use 90 because it does not floor scrape?
also,I would like to see 85 tests,epic floor scraping
(Jul. 13, 2011  10:43 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Nice, man. Hopefully such can reiterate on other low track fighters.

Could you try this against: Basalt Cancer 100B

Don't have B. And sasuke, I explained that above. And floorscraping is not a reason to test something...

Rusty, I'm using the one from Hell Kerbecs BD145DS. Perhaps you should include a note about the molds in the beywiki article?
Not necessarily, CS would help that, and in the sense of not letting it floor scrape.
It doesn't help that BD145 in boost mode causes it to wobble a lot. That's the only reason why it loses on 85.

Fine, I'll do 85 tests too. Just need to finish wearing down my near-mint CS. You have to bank it, yeah?
CS shouldn't floor scrape. Just shoot it in the way of not letting it ATK.
You mean let it spin on the sharp tip?
I guess that's fine. Banking would cause the rubber to have in contact too much with the PVC... so... ya.
Well, I played around with the 85 version and it certainly does good against Attack types.

I will get some more results up tommorow but I can't do Stamina tests since my CS is really worn.
This is really good. Scythe is Great for Stamina and so is Kronos. 90 gives it a lot of stamina and CS gives it some defense, a bit of attack and Some defense. MF-H gives it some weight and center balance. I could do some more testing with 85. I may get Scythe soon, but i also might not, but if i do, i could provide some test.