MF-H Phantom Cancer 85RB

I recently got Phantom Orion, Jade Jupiter, and a pack of MF-2s, and was up late last night messing around with combos. I wanted to see how a low-track defense/balance combo worked against today's top-tiers, and needless to say, it did pretty well. This combo is something I would like to introduce to you as a potential Tier 2 balance type. Let me explain my reasoning behind the parts I chose.

MF-H: It provides extra weight and reduces recoil, both of which are needed in this combo. It's not particularly heavy, so it needed some way to stay in the stadium.

Cancer: I think this CW goes great with Phantom. It's got decent weight, good weight distribution, and since Cancer is two-sided like Phantom, it has pretty nice synergy with it.

Phantom (Stamina): Phantom is the best stamina wheel I own, and I wanted to create a hybrid between stamina and defense. Phantom's weight also plays a part in this; it's heavy enough so that, on a decent defensive tip (like RB), it doesn't get KOed as easily.

85: This is a good height for Phantom in this combo because it doesn't expose the recoily undersides of Phantom, compared to TH170, AD145, etc. It's also a good height for getting up under 145-height combos just enough to tip them over.

RB: As you know, RB is a pretty solid defense tip, similar to RS and RSF. Because of this, it can stay inside the stadium more easily, even if it has less-than-perfect stamina. My RB is a tad aggressive, so I banked when testing against stamina combos.

Parts I don't have: Blitz, RSF, Death, RDF, a second Aquario, a second Cancer, a second Phantom, a second 85, and a second RB.

All tests were done using standard procedure; launches alternated against stamina + defense, and Phantom launched first against attack.

Versus Stamina

Versus Attack

Versus Defense

MFB Mad Master's Testing

If there's any testing you need/want me to do, tell me. I'll try to get it done thoroughly and post the results here.

Need this against Duo? I can do MFH Phantom Orion 90RB vs Duo BD145CS.
Hold up - Variares 85RB is NOT a top tier combo. Could you test against variares CH120RF?
I meant to type R145RF. Fixed that.

jay- I'd prefer if it was this same combo. You can still test it and post results, though.
Jaygrazer Sure, we would like to see this against Duo BD145CS. Also, I am requesting this combo vs Blitz 85RF/R2F.
(Jan. 01, 2012  4:54 PM)Shirish Shukla Wrote: Also, I am requesting this combo vs Blitz 85RF/R2F.

I don't have Blitz, or another 85, so someone else would have to do it.
(Jan. 01, 2012  4:55 PM)Kaiba Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2012  4:54 PM)Shirish Shukla Wrote: Also, I am requesting this combo vs Blitz 85RF/R2F.

I don't have Blitz, or another 85, so someone else would have to do it.

Sorry if my post confused you, Kaiba, but this was aimed at Jaygrazer. If he's doing the Duo tests, maybe he can do the vs Blitz test as well ?

I know that you've mentioned in the OP you don't have a second Blitz or 85.
Sorry again :p
Ah, got it. Sorry for that. Tongue_out

Jay, could you also test this against Duo Aquario AD145WD? Hate to bombard you with so many tests, but you're one of the only people here that I know can do that test.
Ok. So the to-do list is:

My test

This vs. Blitz Uni II 100RSF (2nd Lowest track available)

This vs Duo AD145WD (S mode?)

This vs Duo BD145CS

*List in order of priority.
You do mean RF/R2F on the Blitz, right? Not RSF?
I do not have a spare RF/R2F/LRF. My RSF's are Prime and Used.
(Jan. 01, 2012  5:31 PM)Jaygrazer Wrote: Ok. So the to-do list is:

My test

This vs. Blitz Uni II 100RSF (2nd Lowest track available)

This vs Duo AD145WD (S mode?)

This vs Duo BD145CS

*List in order of priority.

Ehh, I'd really prefer an RF/R2F on Blitz, like Imperial said, but if RSF's all you have, that will have to suffice.
And yes, S Mode on both of the Duo combos. Smile
I'm interested to do some test but im relatively new to the community,
Not sure u guys will consider my result. Anyway, here it is,

MFB BB 10 Attack Stadium
Launcher grip 3 seg with L/R string launcher
All attack type bey launch with sliding shot
And phantom in attack mode

MFH variares (right spin) CH 120 RF vs MFH phantom cancer 85 RB
Variares win 17KO
Phantom 1KO 2OS
2 draw due to both out the stadium
Variares win rate 85 %

Here is a short ver of my variares test

MFH Beat unicornoII 90 RF vs MFH phantom cancer 85 RB
MFH blitz unicornoII CH120RF vs MFH phantom cancer 85RB

I also done few round Duo Cancer BD145CS against phantom
duo outspin it 3 times and 1 KO in 5 match.
I suggest everyone put spin direction when posting up VariAres results..
Remember it is dual-spin.
Take off the MFH minglok. Ill redo the Blitz. The Duo Ad145WD tests are looking up though Smile
.. MF-H is fine for an attacker. I'm pretty sure all attackers should have one on now.
Just did some tests vs MF MLD D125XF (no CH120, sadly):

MF-H Phantom Cancer 85RB vs MF Meteo L-Drago D125XF
Standard procedure; Phantom launched first
Phantom- 15 wins (4 OS, 11 KO)
Meteo- 5 wins (1 OS, 4 KO)

Phantom win %- 75%

I was kind of surprised to see that my RB was kind of aggressive... Some of the otuspins by Phantom were by a hair due to MLD's spin-equalizing.

jay- By looking up, do you mean Duo is doing good, or Phantom?
Did some comparitive tests using Basalt in place of Phantom:

MF-H Basalt Cancer 85RB vs MF VariAres R145RF (right-spin)

[b]MF-H Basalt Cancer 85RB vs Scythe Aquario AD145WD
Which mold Of phantom was it? I know some of ten can be heavier and that can affect perfromance.
(Jan. 02, 2012  3:39 PM)Kaiba Wrote: Mold A1. Would that be one of the heavier ones?

From what I read in the advanced forum the sono kong mold is heavier. I think a1 is the mold of bd that is better.
(Jan. 02, 2012  3:50 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2012  3:39 PM)Kaiba Wrote: Mold A1. Would that be one of the heavier ones?

From what I read in the advanced forum the sono kong mold is heavier. I think a1 is the mold of bd that is better.

I have a SonoKong Phantom. The A<number> determines the B:D mold as well as the Phantom mold, right? Or am I missing something?
(Jan. 02, 2012  3:55 PM)Kaiba Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2012  3:50 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

I have a SonoKong Phantom. The A<number> determines the BGrin mold as well as the Phantom mold, right? Or am I missing something?

You are correct. You should have the beqvier version of phantom then.
Dark_Mousy- A2 for B: D, AFAIK. Smile
Kaiba- Quite nice. Smile
Fusion seemed to do well in a similar LTDC combo. Smile
May I see this thing go up against a TH170/230 please? Smile
As for the combo's performance against Basalt BD145, I've always taken note of this before, but seems like I didn't have enough proof to support my theory....
Destabilization seems to be one of the most effective ways to beat a BD145 combo, as I've noticed.
I've seen many say their BD145 combo lost due to destabilization. Smile
This is yet another combo which claims to destabilize BD145.
Thanks for the tests, Kaiba.
I know this might be outclassed but, I think it won`t hurt to test this against Bakushin. I find that Bakushin is a really great stamina wheel and a few other members have claimed the same thing. So the best Bakushin combo I can come up with off the top of my head is Bakushin Aquario AD145WD for stamina testing. The only problem is I can't do it because I lost my Jade Jupiter Unhappy