MF-H Basalt Kerbecs E230RDF (Yes ... Basalt)

/|/ MF-H Basalt Kerbecs E230RDF \|\

Hey everyone! It's been a while since a customization thread was thread, since I posted one, and especially since one was posted in standard customizations. Not only is this thread for a terrific combo, but a revival of a part long forgotten in this format -- Basalt.

The Concept??
Well, it'd almost be easier to say what it doesn't do, but I'll post what it's supposed to do and does quite effectively. It's an amazing defender, a decent destabilizer, and also a decent anti-spin equalizer. It utilizes its use of Basalt which has such a small diameter and E230 with such a large diameter. Barely any metal contact is made with 145 and below customizations. E230 receives most of the hits causing the opposing bey to lose spin quicker because metal recoil causes more loss than plastic would, especially since E230 is so smooth. RDF is there for the great defense it provides, but also the precession ability which not only helps against spin equalizers, but also at grinding on the opponent since RDF's shape allows it to make contact at awesome angles. Kerbecs was chosen because of its weight, but also because I personally use it with Basalt in all defense combos. Since Kerbecs is three sided, one of the larger sides sits over the staircase of death, pep fully balancing it out somewhat. I'm not really sure if it does. Aquario, Bull, and other clear wheels can also be used.

Also, why Basalt over Duo? Basalt is heavier and is smaller in diameter, 'nuff said.

Enough explanation? I hope. If not, post questions and I will answer the best I can.

The Tests
For lazy purposes, I'm just gonna call the combo this thread is discussing Basalt since none of the combos I test against will use it.

Vs. Stamina
Basalt vs. Duo Cancer W145WD
Basalt: 10 wins (All OS)
Duo: 0 wins

Basalt vs. Duo Cancer 230D
Basalt: 0 wins
Duo: 10 wins (All OS)

Basically since all the metal contact was made, Basalt didn't really stand a chance against tall opponents such as Duo 230D.

Vs. Attack
Basalt vs. MF-H Flash Orion GB145R2F
Basalt: 15 wins (All OS)
Flash: 5 wins (All KO)

Basalt vs. Bahamdia Dragooon BD145RF
Basalt: 14 wins (All OS)
Bahamdia Dragooon: 6 wins (All KO)

Basalt vs. Wyvang Dragooon SA165LRF
Basalt: 12 wins (All OS)
Wyvang Dragooon: 8 wins (All KO)

As the height got higher, the KOs occurred more because there was a lot more metal on metal contact.

Vs. Spin Equalizers
Basalt vs. Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF
Basalt: 10 wins (All OS)
Wyvang Dragooon: 10 wins (All OS)

Honestly, that's all I have for this section, I would really appreciate it if someone would test against F230 spin equalizers. I don't have high hopes, but I don't have a good F230 to try it.

Suggest what else to test against and please supply your own. I will do some more the next few days when I can. I will add tests against defense and more attack especially in a couple days since I will be busy.
I think you're supposed to do 20 rounds regardless, but other than that, this seems interesting. I'll wait for more tests though (wish I had my basalt).
Nah, it was clearly Basalt/Duo winning each round, so I'm sure 10 rounds is fine.

But yeah, I'd love tests to back mine up.
Ultramarine beat me to the 20 round point, haha. Even if one is clearly winning. Tongue_out
Anyway, this is both interesting and surprising. A Basalt Defender defeating a Left-Spin Synchrom Attacker.

I can't wait to test this thing out for myself. Tongue_out
I've done plenty of these threads in the past to know its fine, trust me. The only time I EVER do 10 rounds is if one of the combos is winning by quite the margin.

Tests against F230 and comparatives/benchmarks with Duo would be nice. I'll add my Duo benchmarks the day after tomorrow when I should be able to do them.
Nice, Tri! Great to see Basalt back in action! Can you try testing it against MSF-H Genbull Dragooon F230CF?
MuHahahahahahah, I told all of you basalt would dominate again! I've not gone willy wonka after all!

Really surprised at some of those results, just to be clear, you use E230 in upper mode all ways, right? The only reason I can imagine it beat Duo W145WD is E230 destabilizing duo in lower mode.

(May. 06, 2014  7:16 AM)Blader Phantom Wrote: Nice, Tri! Great to see Basalt back in action! Can you try testing it against MSF-H Genbull Dragooon F230CF?

Read the OP. He doesn't have a good F230.
Sorry, did not see the post. Tongue_out But Dr PepsiDew said he took his apart and rinsed it with water, so just a suggestion to Tri for making his F230 spin longer.
I clean out both my F230's regularly. It does perform better, but not for long and still not near as good as the Takara orange.

dragon King, yes E230 was always in lower mode. In upper mode it can't destabilize like you said plus it didn't perform near as well.
E230 always in lower mode, right? Your phrasing wasn't very clear. Also, mind posting some comparatives with duo taking basalts place?
Yes, always in lower mode. I typed it quick and wasn't really paying attention. I posted above I'd post Duo comparatives late today or tomorrow.
Y not Duo?
(May. 06, 2014  3:22 PM)Aquamarine Wrote: Y not Duo?

Does anybody read the OP?

Because it's heavier and taller.
guys, i can't bielieve you guys thought basalt had no use anymoreTongue_out not all of you, but most of you, there are still basalt combinations that will usaully always win against combinations
(May. 08, 2014  3:03 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: guys, i can't bielieve you guys thought basalt had no use anymoreTongue_out not all of you, but most of you, there are still basalt combinations that will usaully always win against combinations

Poison combos can win against combos. It's the type of customs that matter.
(May. 08, 2014  3:24 PM)deathpegusas Wrote: I think Basalt fusion are more defensive

This is a defence custom...
(May. 08, 2014  7:31 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:
(May. 08, 2014  3:03 AM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote: guys, i can't bielieve you guys thought basalt had no use anymoreTongue_out not all of you, but most of you, there are still basalt combinations that will usaully always win against combinations

I don't understand what you're saying?XD
(May. 08, 2014  8:36 PM)ULTIMATE BLAZE Wrote:
(May. 08, 2014  7:31 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote:

I don't understand what you're saying?XD

Your saying that basalt combos can beat other combos, but even a poison combo can beat other worse combos. What matters is the type of combo, understand?
Alright, looks like I won't be able to put up more results until this weekend, sorry :\.

Again, please help with testing this. Even if you're results are in a whole other ball park, post 'em.
You said something about the smaller diameter being better, but is that really more effective than the extra 10 grams or so in a synchrome?
I believe so, considering most synchromes have more recoil and are defintely more unbalanced. Destabilizing wise, a Synchrome would probably be better. Defensively, I honestly think Basalt has the upper hand with literally no recoil and quite a bit of weight considering its not even a 4D wheel. Synchromes lose more stamina with more hits because of the metal contact. With E230 getting most of the hits with Basalt, it won't KO due to recoil as much and plus the added stamina really helps.

I'm kinda out of it at the moment since I'm kinda sick (allergies suck) so if I worded that bad sorry.
The only popular Synchromes with imbalance comparable to that of Basalt's I can think of are Revizer Revizer, Dragooon Dragooon, and Begirados Begirados. Asides from those three, most of the Synchrome combinations that see competitive use are pretty well balanced, and most Defense and Stamina oriented Synchromes will outspin Basalt in mirror matches due to their greater mass, better balance, and Basalt's lack of either.

Also, I hope it's the allergies making you say this because Basalt is not a Metal Wheel I'd say has "literally no recoil," ha ha. After all, its particular recoil is what allows VariAres to be so effective against it.

However, it's nice to see that Basalt can still hold its own against some of today's Attack customs and then some in a setup like this one. I just think that any one of the heavier and better balanced Synchromes of the Stamina and Defense sections of the CC list would probably still be better choices for this purpose. Smile
I can't blame my allergies on that. That was purely based on personal use of it haha.

I did comparatives (not 20 rounds) the day I posted the thread and this did get better results but until I can get back to the beys, I can't post official tests. I tried Reviser Reviser, Genbull Girago/Girago Genbull, Duo, and I think Killerken Reviser for some reason haha.

They all stood up defensively, but duh, they're obvious bulky 60-70 gram monsters. They did not meet up anti-spin equalization wise (has an official name been thought of for that??). The only one that did was Duo, but it wasn't as great defensively. So basically what I conclude from all that is they all work and I was just excited Basalt actually standing its ground compared to synchromes haha.
OMG Tri, you actually posted this? I remember our Skype conversation a couple months back, haha.

Just to say, though, the reason I abandoned posting it in the first place was because, though it holds out really well against Flash, and while the short diameter really helps in certain situations, I found that the overhang killed it against Wyvang and Balro, to the point where I decided Revizer was pretty much a solidly better option.

Still, the fact that it can still put up a fight is absolutely hilarious (and it does look quite effective against left-spin Attack types, which is a plus most E230 Defenders can't bring to the table; I'll have to try that whenever I can get back to testing/posting).