[Long Beach, CA] Tournaments in Orange County or surrounding areas

I decided to start a tourney somewhere in the orange county, beach area. First I need to know if there are enough bladers in the area. If you have any suggestions to where it should be located, tell me. I hope we can get a lot of bladers to come. The tournament could also been in surrounding areas such as Irvine, Cerritos, Garden Grove, or anywhere else close by.
when is it
(Dec. 21, 2011  3:39 AM)Andrew.N Wrote: when is it

Dont know yet. I need to know what day works for most people.
Cerritos won't work, private parks restrict us from having tourneys. Torrance would be good, so would Anaheim.
YESH ANAHEIM WHERE DISNEYLAND IS :3333
lol jk
Torrance would be really good I could come if this is official since its closer.
(Dec. 21, 2011  9:52 AM)FisheyEye Wrote: YESH ANAHEIM WHERE DISNEYLAND IS :3333
lol jk
Torrance would be really good I could come if this is official since its closer.

Thats what Im aiming for. I did a lot of research and there are a lot of bladers down here so I figured I should start a tourney.
(Dec. 21, 2011  6:27 PM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2011  9:52 AM)FisheyEye Wrote: YESH ANAHEIM WHERE DISNEYLAND IS :3333
lol jk

Thats what Im aiming for. I did a lot of research and there are a lot of bladers down here so I figured I should start a tourney.

Just please make sure ahead of time to visit the place to make sure we can use it. Torrance is cool too. Blitzy and Kyubibey, you guys figure out the tournament in January, After that, Hellkaiserzero and I will figure out the one in March. Its good if we alternate. I wish you guys the best.
I will definitely make it to this if you get approved. I would be glad to help judge and help with brackets.

Also, post a link about this in the california thread so everyone can see it, even if people dont live that close they will at least try to make it.
Sweet, looks like kyubibey and I are partners Smile We will get started on it right away.
Good luck guys! Hopefully I can make it! I must have more victories!! Smile
that would be cool. I might be able to make it to the long beach area.
Anything around Anaheim would be good. I live in Anaheim and we have a large beyblade community.
sounds good im in
Getting fired up new beys on the way get to work on the tournament guys. Good Luck.
I am trying to recruit more participants for the next one good luck guys.
ill try to get more people too
Yes thank you Andrew.N and KillerBeeBlader. I want as many people as possible.
I will spread the word also. Try to get an exact date and location, it will be easier to get more people.
Found a good location: 2800 Good Neighbor Park, Long Beach. Its right in front of the el drado senior center. Its very clean, has bathrooms, and has food nearby. Sorry if the locations too far away. Kyubibey and I will decide the date soon.
Where is it exactly? I typed that in Google Maps but got nothing.
El Dorado Park. Its on the west side of the park. The location isnt exactly on the map, but its a hundred feet away from the hockey center which is on the map. Take a right off of Willow St onto Studebaker Rd.
Also, date will be the 22nd of January. We may just go with hasbro beys as prizes to keep this tourney simple.
Roger that, I'll be there.
Make the event proposal soon, sometime next week. I will have the results from the last tourney posted soon, I finally got internet back at my house T.T
I want to make sure though you have an idea how to run the tournaments. It's really important to run these smoothly. I will help you all I can, Im sure Hellkaiserzero will as well. I will help you make the proposal, but you need a really good location with parking, so if you can supply that.. we can get the word out.
(Dec. 31, 2011  6:43 AM)poliswag Wrote: I want to make sure though you have an idea how to run the tournaments. It's really important to run these smoothly. I will help you all I can, Im sure Hellkaiserzero will as well. I will help you make the proposal, but you need a really good location with parking, so if you can supply that.. we can get the word out.

Yes. Actually, I took each and every complaint of the last two locations into consideration when picking this one. There is plenty of parking along with a lot of other perks. I will do my best in organizing as I have been watching kybibey help run previous tourneys.
(Dec. 31, 2011  5:19 PM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote:
(Dec. 31, 2011  6:43 AM)poliswag Wrote: I want to make sure though you have an idea how to run the tournaments. It's really important to run these smoothly. I will help you all I can, Im sure Hellkaiserzero will as well. I will help you make the proposal, but you need a really good location with parking, so if you can supply that.. we can get the word out.

Yes. Actually, I took each and every complaint of the last two locations into consideration when picking this one. There is plenty of parking along with a lot of other perks. I will do my best in organizing as I have been watching kybibey help run previous tourneys.

you are going to need some help too, kyubibey for sure.. HKZ and I. You need to know the rules very well also. This is really important as it seemed so far I was the only one who knew them completely, as even in the finals I told people to say reshoot clause and inform them there IS NOT a no contact rule. Having a good location isnt enough, be organized and please notify us (kyubibey, HKZ, and me) what dates you are holding your events, so we don't have events the same day and we can help judge at yours.

*****I can make your event proposal, but I need you to answer these questions:
Prizes? (1st,2nd,3rd)
Place?
Time?
Date?
Format? (Double Elimination/Round Robin etc.) *I suggest block round robin

I will take care of the minimum 8 attendees requirement, I have a minimum of 10 people I know who make it to every tournament (after that you just add people who wish to attend once it gets approved.)

I will have this completed the same day you supply the answers. Thank you