[London, UK] London Revival Thread

Poll: Where should it take place?

Regents park
75.76%
Somewhere else; post suggestions
24.24%
Total: 100% 33 vote(s)
No love for Regent's park still Unhappy

I thought you lived in London Manicben for some reason. You wouldn't be able to go to one sooner? Obviously no one really wants to wait till October to get a tourney happening.
I'll take anything haha
Hopefully if we manage at least one we'll be able to get more for people who cannot initially make it. That's the long term plan anyway.
I unfortunately live in Bolton Manchester which is at minimum a few hours on train to London, and sadly London has the most Beyblade stuff as people say.
(Aug. 03, 2014  5:33 PM)Manicben Wrote: Hey guys, glad to see the revival is underway. I'm moving to London start of October, so I'll now be able to attend almost all tournaments and events as well as host a few.
I'm up for a tournament/meetup in October and later. I can bring some standard equipment and stuff for the Regents Park venue, though I believe once things get going, we can migrate to a better venue (indoors hopefully).

_Avenger_ Promo cards are paper cards with the WBO logo and the website address on it. It serves as a sort of advertisement for new members. We distribute them to new members and interested people.

Manicben awesome that would be great so thanks

anyways yeah we should be able to sort out a tournament before october,

ok so Ultra would you definitely attend the tournament???

and we need more confirmed attendees so any suggestions on who might come

anyways i can bring a BB-10 to the tournament because i have one, and yeah anything else we should sort out or need to sort out

[Image: my%2Bprofile.png]
Yes I am there. I was a major part of the tourney community in london for like 2 - 3 years. I have a BB-10 and a Zero G attack stadium. I'd like to know what happened to all our tourney going members tbh? Maybe Poseidon didn't PM the right ones (no offence Poseidon)? I just find it very odd that we're getting none of the old people.

Oh also Balance Blader said he would go even though he's not really an MFB kinda guy.
(Aug. 03, 2014  10:01 PM)Ultra Wrote: Yes I am there. I was a major part of the tourney community in london for like 2 - 3 years. I have a BB-10 and a Zero G attack stadium. I'd like to know what happened to all our tourney going members tbh? Maybe Poseidon didn't PM the right ones (no offence Poseidon)? I just find it very odd that we're getting none of the old people.

Oh also Balance Blader said he would go even though he's not really an MFB kinda guy.

great , so thats

me
you
poseidon
balance Blader
Hell kid

thats five we need a few more and would you be able to PM some more bladers

i think we should just host this at Regents park bandstand like usual so its convenient for people

i will recording the video about it tomorrow and it should be up sometime in the next couple of days Smile

[Image: my%2Bprofile.png]
Before we put Hell Kid in the OP I would like him to actually post on the thread. And I know it won't be updated till Poseidon comes back from holiday.
Hi everyone, i'm up for this but i'm on holiday for the next 3 weeks. But after that I should be fully available (:
Man, you guys should open a Doodle or something hah.
im the same as raygen but i can get void and the assassin to come.
Ultra. Well, I used to travel an hour to get to tournaments. I might be able to come later this month and join in, with some parent funding. I'll let you all know.

As for September, I'm going to Hong Kong and Korea so I'll stock up on new gear and beys. If any London bladers have requests for any items, I will gladly take em, just use the good ol' PM system.

Kai-V. May I ask what a "Doodle" is? Grin
http://www.doodle.com

It is basically nothing amazing, but it gives a visual representation of when everyone is available, so you could put each upcoming weekend until October, and everyone who posted here so far would enter their availabilities individually.

Actually, here, I just did it for you guys :
http://doodle.com/52fut9uc2wabd863

Basically, just check each day you are available and add your username, then click on "Save".
Thanks a lot Kai-V, this makes things much easier. I can say for a fact that I will not be available for nearly the whole of September due to my Asia trip (and beyblade spree), but as soon as I get parental permission, I can put my availability up.

Could all others attending please put which weekends they're available on the Doodle page please. It will help the organisers a lot to find a suitable date for everyone.

As for the venue location, I agree the Regents Park bandstand is the place to be. Easy to find and I don't mind guiding any newcomers there from Baker Street station.
Unless I magically get a job I am available every saturday for the foreseeable future.
Hey guys I'd be able to come most weekends personally coming from the east of the country it would be best for the regents park area Im pretty sure after a while people will get to know the area I could do an on depth map if that's the case but I'd be happy to come along where ever and help where I can.
Seriously this is great progress from I'm assuming was a few months ago, hell even weeks.
I'm going to drop a few more PMS ect to raise awareness
If we have a set date and enough attendees, I can then plop in a tournament proposal. I haz templates ready for when things kick off. I certainly wouldn't mind hosting or judging, that is unless Poseidon wishes to host the Revival himself. Grin
Btw, I'm planning to film bits of this for beychannel. Hopefully we can show the world London still has some fight left.
Honestly mate it's likely to be you or ultra hosting. Even if in not there I totally fine if you want to host. I'm just trying to et things organized ect, there's not a great chance I'll be there- I live quite a while away
I want to try my best to help out so if I make it, I will film this. Will help in any way needed. Put me on unconfirmed and I'll update you guys in a week... That is if we have a week....
so who here are youtubers maybe we can create a collaborative strategy that will increase the amount of people we reach out to. i know i have an old channel i can dig up who else?
Hey, guys. Just here to say I'm back from a year-long break and would love to help out reviving the London scene since I was one of the constant attendents before the London scene died.
For the collaboration, I think we should discuss it through pms.... I'll be glad to help ot and I'll try to give a shout out or something. Pm me if you want to have a collaboration and if u have any suggestions for what to do for the shoutout etc.
(Aug. 06, 2014  12:03 AM)Saisei Wrote: Hey, guys. Just here to say I'm back from a year-long break and would love to help out reviving the London scene since I was one of the constant attendents before the London scene died.

You were? Because i've never heard your name or any of the ones from your name changes....
(Aug. 06, 2014  8:34 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2014  12:03 AM)Saisei Wrote: Hey, guys. Just here to say I'm back from a year-long break and would love to help out reviving the London scene since I was one of the constant attendents before the London scene died.

You were? Because i've never heard your name or any of the ones from your name changes....

I did leave a little earlier than the point where the scene died, but, believe me, I was there, haha. Of course, these BeyPoints didn't come from nowhere. Tongue_out ManicBen might remember me; just ask him.
I certainly remember the time he was Raijin and Hakumen. It's been ages mate. Grin
This is looking great guys. While the youtubers (excluding myself) do their thing, I shall do something with the podcast to get some awareness, though I doubt that many UK bladers listen to it... Oh well, might as well. Grin

Poseidon, could you update the OP with the list of people confirmed/interested? I'd like to see how many we have so far.