Libra Re-instatement Discussion

(Aug. 18, 2010  1:13 AM)Ozzy Wrote: TT didn't make a mistake.
Just for your information, TAKARA-TOMY is still imposing a clear weight limit, and at some tournaments it is even clearly stated that Libra cannot be used with a Metal Face. I doubt they would have really done that if they had known just how good it was ...
Wasn't it you that made the video of Flame 100SF vs. Burn something DF145D? Whoever it was that did it inspired me to do testing. Absolutely every Stamina combo was destroyed by this. Virgo was the only one that actually stood a chance but not enough to consider it safe against it. Flame 90SF does even better. So does that mean Flame gets banned too?
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:18 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:13 AM)Ozzy Wrote: TT didn't make a mistake.
Just for your information, TAKARA-TOMY is still imposing a clear weight limit, and at some tournaments it is even clearly stated that Libra cannot be used with a Metal Face. I doubt they would have really done that if they had known just how good it was ...

Also, sorry for the double post, yes, you are correct that they have the weight limit. Even so, it isn't banned. Why can't we just go by their ways and just not have Libra with a metal face if you don't want to impose the weight limit as well? Wouldn't that make more sense?
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:19 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Wasn't it you that made the video of Flame 100SF vs. Burn something DF145D?

'Twas REscolpio.
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:19 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Whoever it was that did it inspired me to do testing. Absolutely every Stamina combo was destroyed by this. Virgo was the only one that actually stood a chance but not enough to consider it safe against it. Flame 90SF does even better.

Posting the results so we could see would have been nice...

(Aug. 18, 2010  1:19 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Also, sorry for the double post, yes, you are correct that they have the weight limit. Even so, it isn't banned. Why can't we just go by their ways and just not have Libra with a metal face if you don't want to impose the weight limit as well? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Ever been to a tournament? Those things take long enough as is. Any additional time consuming measure, like checking to see if something fits under a weight limit or if the face isn't a Metal Face with a sticker, no matter how small is going to drag on and on when you repeat it fifty-odd times.
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:23 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:19 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Wasn't it you that made the video of Flame 100SF vs. Burn something DF145D?

'Twas REscolpio.
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:19 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Whoever it was that did it inspired me to do testing. Absolutely every Stamina combo was destroyed by this. Virgo was the only one that actually stood a chance but not enough to consider it safe against it. Flame 90SF does even better.

It actually makes me nervous to post the results. Not because they are invalid but I'm afraid of Flame getting banned for being "too good or game-breaking". As you wish though, I will make a thread. I wouldn't be surprised if this goes under banned as well if Libra stays banned.
What would be ideal is way more test results, and each verified by at least one other person.
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:23 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:

'Twas REscolpio.

(Aug. 18, 2010  1:19 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Also, sorry for the double post, yes, you are correct that they have the weight limit. Even so, it isn't banned. Why can't we just go by their ways and just not have Libra with a metal face if you don't want to impose the weight limit as well? Wouldn't that make more sense?

Ever been to a tournament? Those things take long enough as is. Any additional time consuming measure, like checking to see if something fits under a weight limit or if the face isn't a Metal Face with a sticker, no matter how small is going to drag on and on when you repeat it fifty-odd times.

Checking a face takes no less more than ten seconds. To even make that statement just sounds ridiculous and lazy. It's a simple look and see method. It's not hard to spot a metal face or something altered on and MFB. Ten seconds or less wont make much of a difference at all. People aren't that desperate to cheat a metal face onto a combo that shouldn't have one out of the fear of being disqualified. Saying that doesn't warrant a reason not to use at least one of TT's approaches if not both instead of banning a wheel.
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:30 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Checking a face takes no less more than ten seconds. To even make that statement just sounds ridiculous and lazy. It's a simple look and see method. It's not hard to spot a metal face or something altered on and MFB. Ten seconds or less wont make much of a difference at all. People aren't that desperate to cheat a metal face onto a combo that shouldn't have one out of the fear of being disqualified. Saying that doesn't warrant a reason not to use at least one of TT's approaches if not both instead of banning a wheel.

Ten seconds for every match in a tournament. Fifty people per tournament at the last two Toronto ones.

Yeeeeeeah... that's not going to add up.
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:36 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:30 AM)Ozzy Wrote: Checking a face takes no less more than ten seconds. To even make that statement just sounds ridiculous and lazy. It's a simple look and see method. It's not hard to spot a metal face or something altered on and MFB. Ten seconds or less wont make much of a difference at all. People aren't that desperate to cheat a metal face onto a combo that shouldn't have one out of the fear of being disqualified. Saying that doesn't warrant a reason not to use at least one of TT's approaches if not both instead of banning a wheel.

Ten seconds for every match in a tournament. Fifty people per tournament at the last two Toronto ones.

Yeeeeeeah... that's not going to add up.

Yet again, it still doesn't warrant a reason not to make these checks. I gave 10 seconds as an example. It could be even less. It doesn't take a microscope to see obvious differences or alterations to a face bolt. A simple look and see takes no time and is easy. Laziness doesn't make give anyone a reason to ban Libra. It isn't game-breaking, it can be beaten by numerous combos, and it doesn't have a 100% win rate. What more reasoning is needed?
(Aug. 18, 2010  1:13 AM)Ozzy Wrote: I think this was simply banned because people kept crying about losing to Libras when the game is about having fun.
Keeping this banned will make the game boring.

1: Pf-ft..As If. People didn't really "Cry" over the fact they were being beaten.
From what I've seen People could've gotten annoyed with the fact 90% of everyone were using Libra just because of how good it was. And didn't try to be creative and make something else.

2:No..Keeping it in would probably make it boring.It takes out the creativity and fun in the game. Because then most of everyone would be using Libra again.
Look at the game now. We have ALOT of different combos now.Putting it back in would result in people making "How to beat Libra" Combos more than other combos
Over here. Little kids use L-Drago just because the bad guy uses it. Or how they've figured out it KO's the opponent so easily. To me, That's begining to be annoying to me since they're not trying to make anything else. They're just slapping a L-Drago on the Bey and that's it.

I'm Glad Libra's Banned. I'm able to play the game knowing people use a variety of different combos than just spamming Libra on almost every Bey. Or making a Bey that's purpose is to Beat Libra.

Example:Yu-Gi-Oh's Forbidden List. Can you point out WHY each of these are banned and what would happen if they didn't have a Banned,limited,or Semi-limited list?
Or why it's better to KEEP them on the Forbidden list?
You can't compare yugioh to this. On top of that, the only reason they were annoyed is most likely because they weren't creative enough to beat it and excel. So crying about it got it banned. The wheel isn't game breaking. If you can't be creative then don't play it's as simple as that. The argument you are making makes no sense because with the wide variety of parts we have now, no one is going to focus on libra when earth is clearly safer and more reliable. Mediocre wheels have beaten libra such as wolf which I have seen first hand to be a libra killer seeing as how it's slopes throw it off balance completely. Banning it because it's good doesn't warrant a reason to ban it. It can be beaten and it has been on numerous occasions.
But we banned it forever ago and more parts came out.
Your arguments are totally invalid as they back reasoning, you make hollow statements such as: "2:No..Keeping it in would probably make it boring.It takes out the creativity and fun in the game. Because then most of everyone would be using Libra again.", "I'm Glad Libra's Banned. I'm able to play the game knowing people use a variety of different combos than just spamming Libra on almost every Bey. Or making a Bey that's purpose is to Beat Libra. "

Libra is in no way hard to beat, nor does it necessitate Libra killers.
And I severely doubt everyone will use Libra considering it's rarity, and also doubt that the metagame will revolve around it as it outclassed in nearly every way.
(Aug. 17, 2010  1:44 PM)Jaysus Wrote: most of the game was based purely on luck.

For the longest time, this community has been trying to express the opposite of this.

(Aug. 17, 2010  4:47 PM)Jaysus Wrote:
(Aug. 17, 2010  3:02 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: We're a competitive community; get over it.

Point proven. There wasn't nearly this much douchebaggery back then.

That's not true. There was always stuff like this. It was complained about quite frequently.

YES! I agree with this! The fact they knew that Libra was strong and then imposed a weight limit means that there has to be some kind of competitive scene in Japan like I thought. I mean, that doesn't sound like something TT would be concerned with if all the tournaments were just kids throwing together random combos.

(Aug. 18, 2010  1:23 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Ever been to a tournament? Those things take long enough as is. Any additional time consuming measure, like checking to see if something fits under a weight limit or if the face isn't a Metal Face with a sticker, no matter how small is going to drag on and on when you repeat it fifty-odd times.

It's the judge's job to just check every player's beyblade to see if it's legal for tournament use. I don't think it's fair to ban a part because judges are lazy. And it wouldn't take that long. The judge wouldn't have to measure anything. If he or she is a judge then they should know roughly how much parts weigh. Plus, I think as long as you don't use Libra with a metal face, the bey will fit the weight restriction.
Libra with a MF isn't even that bad, honestly.
Oh no it's heavy.
There's plenty of heavy combos that suck.
So who owns a Libra here already. I thought Mc Frown had just gotten into Metal Fight Beyblade, and I do not memorise people's collection ...
True, and I don't own Libra, but I do have the ability to watch videos and read test results, which counts for something.
I've got a Libra. It was my first purchase, actually.
I have one. It was my first MFB. I traded it to Anubis for a Yellow SG Metal Ball Base
I own a Libra, as well.

One wheel really is the cause for all of this controversy... Speechless
(Aug. 18, 2010  4:39 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So who owns a Libra here already. I thought Mc Frown had just gotten into Metal Fight Beyblade, and I do not memorise people's collection ...
I've got a couple, bought 2 off of ebay for $10 including shipping, bargain! Grin
(Aug. 18, 2010  8:15 AM)Fyuuor Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2010  4:39 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So who owns a Libra here already. I thought Mc Frown had just gotten into Metal Fight Beyblade, and I do not memorise people's collection ...
I've got a couple, bought 2 off of ebay for $10 including shipping, bargain! Grin

Gasp

When was this?

I've only got 1 that I use, and a few others for collection.

Also Fyuuor's got these results:

MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100R2F VS MF Libra GB145WB
15 - 5: Lightning’s win rate 75%

MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100R2F VS MF Libra R145WB
14- 6 Lightning’s win rate 70%

MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100R2F VS MF Libra C145WB
14- 6 Lightning’s win rate 70%
I currently 8 libras which are part of a joint collection between me and bluezee. Two of each mold and color. I would know that libra doesn't need to be banned.
I just got my attack stadium, and did some testing.
I withdraw, defense is fine as is.
Results:
I choose 'or'. You didn't use GB145 or R145... you say yourself that C145 is lame.

I know we're on the same side, but still...
I know, C145 is lame, but it didn't really matter that much considering the KO's all occurred far before it could ruin porecession.
It's still pitiful, a 0% win rate?