Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 3.75 Average

Legend of zelda Timeline
TheLinkBeyblade

BeyRank: #2,095 (987)
(This post was last modified: Nov 07 2011 01:20 AM by TheLinkBeyblade.)
(Oct 31 2011 05:40 PM)BeyBlaster578 Wrote:  Dude, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time wasnt your first game. Your first game was the original Legend of Zelda for the NES. Get your facts right.

Note... Did you play the game...

look im not talking about when the games were released... Were talking about which point in time of hyrule it is
(Oct 23 2011 04:00 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:  There's a format for writing timelines. As an example, go to the zeldadungeon.net forums in the timeline section and there's a stickied topic.

And quickly reading this over...you know nothing about The Legend of Zelda and this mostly seems like you're being a troll.

And first off im not a troll

Zelda's timeline is a big issue if you hate it... then please leave
(Oct 31 2011 07:52 PM)NoodooSoup Wrote:  It's been heavily hinted by the developers that the timeline is split. You fail to mention that.

Skyward Sword takes place way before Twilight Princess.

Here's how it goes from the split:

Child Timeline: Ocarina of Time (child, Link never defeated Ganon, never got the Master Sword) > Majora's Mask > Twilight Princess
Adult Timeline: Ocarina of Time (adult, Link is the Hero of Time and defeated Ganon) > Wind Waker > Phantom Hourglass > Spirit Tracks

Skyward Sword is before Ocarina of Time, and I think Minish Cap is the first one in the timeline.

If SS is before OOT...

then explan me how skyward swords begining is

because Oot's begining is the lowest you could go to link that's it that's the lowest of parts does in skyward sword does it tell where her mother,where he comes from or shows where he comes from, or why he has this of that.

if not that Oot is the begining of the timelineSpeechless

End of story Tired
Nov 07 2011 01:12 AM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Shabalabadoo

Tralala lalalala
Antique FaceLapis Lazuli Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 07 2011 01:33 AM by Shabalabadoo.)
How is SS before OoT? Well, first of all, the developers said so. Second, the master sword (that is in OoT!) is created in Skyward sword. So how in the world could the master sword be in OoT if it wasn't created yet? Yeah so you're a troll Princess Zelda.
Nov 07 2011 01:33 AM
TITAN

teh bum

Shabalabadoo is awesome.

This thread really doesn't have any purpose outside of amusement.

[Image: b4dgd2.png]
Sig By Fathom
BZPower l PenPad Forums
Nov 07 2011 01:47 AM
Shabalabadoo

Tralala lalalala

Well if we all don't pretend we were born in Hyrule and visit princess Zelda on her 16th birthday, this is a really interesting subject. Unfortunately we have an apparent member from Hyrule who happens to be related to Link.
Nov 07 2011 01:50 AM
TITAN

teh bum

No, he IS Link silly.

It is completely obvious that SS comes before OoT, so let's stop debating this. If Link posts, just ignore it.

Sig By Fathom
BZPower l PenPad Forums
Nov 07 2011 01:56 AM
Jay Harkins

Friendship is Magic
BeyRank: #1,315 (1,028)
Sagittario FaceDJ FaceGemios FaceWolf FaceBronze Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 07 2011 02:40 AM by Jay Harkins.)
Two words about the CDi games.

MAH
BOI

[Image: teh_king.jpg?1272118355]
Nov 07 2011 02:38 AM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
TheLinkBeyblade

BeyRank: #2,095 (987)
(This post was last modified: Nov 07 2011 10:48 PM by TheLinkBeyblade.)
(Nov 07 2011 01:56 AM)TITAN Wrote:  No, he IS Link silly.

It is completely obvious that SS comes before OoT, so let's stop debating this. If Link posts, just ignore it.

OMG Ok everyone ill stop acting like im link i make that apperence beacuse i wanted o express myself online differently on im sorry
(Nov 07 2011 10:46 PM)TheLinkBeyblade Wrote:  
(Nov 07 2011 01:56 AM)TITAN Wrote:  No, he IS Link silly.

OMG Ok everyone ill stop acting like im link i make that apperence beacuse i wanted o express myself online differently on im sorry

And besides it's a good topic to reallly disucess about ill stop being a troll by what you say if we all agree to disagree Ok Stupid
Nov 07 2011 10:46 PM
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face

I subscribe to the Legend Of Zelda legend theory, which is every single zelda game story line is the same legend retold in different ways, as that is what happens to legends overtime.

If this ends of being true, I will feel bad for all the die hard Zelda fanatics who spent so much of thier own time sorting out what they thought was the correct timeline. Of course I will laugh too.

I am mostly gonna be in the Off Topic Forums now. Always looking to have constructive conversations about anime, manga, cartoons, and games. Grin
Nov 08 2011 02:44 AM
TITAN

teh bum

I have only the faintest idea of the plot, considering that Nintendo probably doesn't get it either... Tongue_out

Sig By Fathom
BZPower l PenPad Forums
Nov 08 2011 02:49 AM
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face

There is no chance in hell nintendo said durring the makings of the 1st 3 zelda games "we planned this so that all of these game's timelines somehow obscurly connect with eachother and all future games, no matter what we do with it" Nintendo is trying to pass the zelda series off as one big entricit web if continuity but there is way to much conflicting canon in each game. The fact is, every single zelda game is literaly the retelling of several legends based on an original truth lost ages ago, or these are all parallel universes, or both. Nintendo has to take the easy ways out, because there are no other ways. Skyward Sword seems like it connects all the zelda games, but all it really is is just a prequel to one or two of the several legends with a few crossovers. Nothing more. The game is going to be great, but hardcore Zelda fans need to be ready to face facts that all zelda games after skyward swoed will contradict that game and its predesessors, and then those games by others, and so on and so forth. The legend will always keep changing as long as nintendo has some coin in thier pocket. Regardless, the Zelda series is definatly iconic, a game thats story is uniquely based on its gameplay, and not the normal reverse. Zelda is a great franchise and deserves to live on for generations to come. As long as we got Link and Zelda, then I will keep playing with them.

I am mostly gonna be in the Off Topic Forums now. Always looking to have constructive conversations about anime, manga, cartoons, and games. Grin
Nov 08 2011 03:09 AM
AeroRespawn

Formerly iBeyblader
BeyRank: #731 (1,082)
Rose Gold FaceGold FaceCancer FaceGiraffe FaceAmber FaceDJ FaceCounter Leone FaceCancer Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 08 2011 03:41 AM by AeroRespawn.)
Nintendo doesn't want to reveal the timeline to it's employees for they fear that they will focus on the storyline rather than the gameplay.

TBH, IMO, gameplay is what makes a Zelda game great.

Call me Aero.
Click here for more stuff (Click to View)
Nov 08 2011 03:40 AM

The problem with the "same legend" theory is the references to past games in the series. For example, Wind Waker. Wind Waker directly references Ocarina of Time through the opening, and through the getting of the Master Sword. Why would the re-telling of a legend mention a previous version of that same legend? Or, games like Spirit Tracks. Makes the most references to Phantom Hourglass, and the question arises again.

[Image: 1zp3yoi.png]
"Yeah we're all going the same way down. I'm just trying to write it all down." - The Airborne Toxic Event
Nov 08 2011 03:52 AM
BillyBlast

METEO BD145RDF OP 0G
BeyRank: #16 (1,549)
Aquila FaceFace of Days IICancer FaceBlaze FaceBull FaceEmerald FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIIGold FaceBronze FaceGold FaceGold FaceFace of RevolutionRuby FaceL Drago FaceGold FaceKerbecs FaceGold FaceAquario FaceCapricorne FacePassport FaceGiraffe Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 08 2011 04:19 AM by BillyBlast.)
I dug up this about a week ago and was surpised no one posted it. I highly believe in this theory. http://www.forevergeek.com/2006/11/legen...explained/ Credit to them.
Don't post your wrong PM me and I did not create this not my mine but the best I have seen so Far It's not Updated but Obviously if you know your legend of Zelda then you know Spirit tracks is after Phantom Hourglass with too many hints not to know if you know anything of wind waker or Phantom Hourglass however Wind Waker did contribute to the story but Phantom Hourglass did nothing besides That world not being a illusion and Spirit tracks just being a new hyrule I know nothing of Skyward sword.

1st Place Beyblade Colosseum
1st Place Five Fists Beyday (Maryland Beyday 2012)
25 Tournaments Attended: 9 Placed In
Tournament List
Nov 08 2011 04:15 AM
Away Find all posts by this user
Breaker

"G.O.D.s"
BeyRank: #184 (1,246)
Face of Days IIDJ FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceSapphire FaceSea Dragon FaceSilver FacePegasis II Face

If you ask me I feel the LoZ time-line should NEVER be relieved but more or less hinted. I feel this way because no matter how many games they make the creator can always have the story-line shift. for example Ocarina of Time they never did flat out say that in between the seven years link had other adventures, We simply guessed that Majoras Mask was during the seven years. How do we know that Majora couldn't of came first. He did not have a fairy ( of his own) also in the starting animation they never said the horse he road was Epona but he also had the Ocarina of time which dose lead to OOC was first . so their could or can't be proven what game came first.

[Image: unledmwc.jpg]
Thanks othellog for the cool signature!

"It dose not matter if people talk about you behind your back, At least they are taking the time out of their busy day to talk about you!" A.Zmuda
Visit my Youtube account http://www.youtube.com/user/BreakerMD
Nov 08 2011 04:17 AM
Shabalabadoo

Tralala lalalala

(Nov 08 2011 03:09 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:  There is no chance in hell nintendo said durring the makings of the 1st 3 zelda games "we planned this so that all of these game's timelines somehow obscurly connect with eachother and all future games, no matter what we do with it" Nintendo is trying to pass the zelda series off as one big entricit web if continuity but there is way to much conflicting canon in each game. The fact is, every single zelda game is literaly the retelling of several legends based on an original truth lost ages ago, or these are all parallel universes, or both. Nintendo has to take the easy ways out, because there are no other ways. Skyward Sword seems like it connects all the zelda games, but all it really is is just a prequel to one or two of the several legends with a few crossovers. Nothing more. The game is going to be great, but hardcore Zelda fans need to be ready to face facts that all zelda games after skyward swoed will contradict that game and its predesessors, and then those games by others, and so on and so forth. The legend will always keep changing as long as nintendo has some coin in thier pocket. Regardless, the Zelda series is definatly iconic, a game thats story is uniquely based on its gameplay, and not the normal reverse. Zelda is a great franchise and deserves to live on for generations to come. As long as we got Link and Zelda, then I will keep playing with them.
Serious it sounds like you've only played a few Zelda games. There's very clear links with each game, and a very clear split in times. The only exceptions are minish cap, four swords, four swords adventures, oracle of ages, and oracle of seasons. There is a definite timeline that only a select few (such as the obvious Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma) can see. A simple example of a connection is A Link to the Past. The beginning is clearly referencing OoT, even though OoT wasn't released at that time. There's conscious and subconscious gaps, as well as links. I honestly can't think of one valid reason as to why or how they could all be the same retold story.

(Nov 08 2011 04:17 AM)Breaker Wrote:  If you ask me I feel the LoZ time-line should NEVER be relieved but more or less hinted. I feel this way because no matter how many games they make the creator can always have the story-line shift. for example Ocarina of Time they never did flat out say that in between the seven years link had other adventures, We simply guessed that Majoras Mask was during the seven years. How do we know that Majora couldn't of came first. He did not have a fairy ( of his own) also in the starting animation they never said the horse he road was Epona but he also had the Ocarina of time which dose lead to OOC was first . so their could or can't be proven what game came first.

Majoras Mask did not take place during the seven years. Link was sealed away so it's impossible. But you also need to know that the world link wakes up to after seven years is not the same as if he didn't pull out the master sword (as in, ending of OoT and entire Majoras Mask). Majoras Mask is not a guessed direct sequel, it's a definite sequel. Firstly, the developers said so. Secondly, it's very easy to infer from the beginning that it's after OoT and Link is searching for Navi.

There's some things you need to consider when thinking about placement:
Ganon. Where is he; sealed away, dead or what? Beast or Human form?
Princess Zelda. Where is she? How old?
Master Sword. Even exist? How and why was it sealed?
Triforce. Broken, not even there, etc.?
Sages. Referenced as seven or none or another number? What did they do?

Then from there you can link the smaller things in the games.
Nov 08 2011 04:57 AM
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 08 2011 05:03 AM by LeonTempest.)
@Shabalabadoo: I will be the 1st to admit that I have not played every zelda game. Me being only 16, the original zelda goes before my time, so I started out with 4 swords and basicly played most of the games from that point onward. I dont dought that skyward sword, orcania of time, and twilight all connect, but thats just one legend in particular IMO. I will not deny that there do seem to be tons of epic crossovers from past games but with all the conflicting canon that ia all they can be for now.

I regret not owning Orcania of Time. I have played it and loved it though....

Nov 08 2011 05:01 AM
Shabalabadoo

Tralala lalalala

There is next to no conflicting, and the conflict that is there does not affect the placement.

I just don't understand how it could be one legend.
Nov 08 2011 05:04 AM
(This post was last modified: Nov 08 2011 05:06 AM by NoodooSoup.)
You don't even have to have played all the games to understand it. I didn't, I just do my research.

And BillyBlast, that video was before Twilight Princess. I think that's why it's kinda different from the most accepted one.

[Image: 1zp3yoi.png]
"Yeah we're all going the same way down. I'm just trying to write it all down." - The Airborne Toxic Event
Nov 08 2011 05:05 AM
Shabalabadoo

Tralala lalalala
(This post was last modified: Nov 08 2011 05:12 AM by Shabalabadoo.)
Yeah I completely agree. Smile

There's games I haven't played as well, but of course playing them definitely prevents assumptions which are quite a big factor in timelines.

It's not a "one game times to another game", it's a "These tie together, and this one supports that, that supports this, and so on". I think the first one is what many people assume, which leads to incorrect judgement, only due to not knowing the entire thing
Nov 08 2011 05:11 AM
LeonTempest

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Antique Face
(This post was last modified: Nov 09 2011 01:57 AM by LeonTempest.)
(Nov 08 2011 05:04 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote:  There is next to no conflicting, and the conflict that is there does not affect the placement.

I just don't understand how it could be one legend.

Erm, let me explain the legend theory a bit more.

It isnt one legend, it is several different legends dirived from one original story. think of the legends that exist in the world today. Now i am sure all of those legends vary from across time and across the world, because of things being misinterpreted, lost in translation, etc. I am postitive this was not Nintendo's intent when they made the 1st LOZ games, but somewhere along the line the idea appealed to them.

I am not saying i am right, hell I could be dead wrong about this, but the Legend theory is a strong standing theory among the LOZ community, and just like all of the othger timeline theories, there is evidence to support for and agianst it.

According to the oh so majestic internet, TLOZ: SS (Bonus Edition) is ranked #1 on gamestops pre-order list. I am not sure if those results are skewed at all (maybe they are just for wii?) but I could see why the game is so desirable. that game will represent the last major Wii game, just as Twilight Princess ended with the gamecube and started with the Wii. i for one, pre-ordered my version a long time ago. I actualy forgot i pre-ordered it, with the intention of pre-ordering it today with my purchase of MW3, so all I did was upgrade it to the bonus edition. I cannot wait to get it. Sadly i ahve to wait for the holidays to be able to play it (atleast my parents are paying for it)

Nov 09 2011 01:57 AM