L-Drago Guardian Discussion

Thanks th!nk. Fit my request in wherever it makes sense for you - I'm in no rush. Especially as I would be delighted to read Duo results from you as well!
OP Updated with new tests. Most were academic, and then on the last I was pressed for time (LDG was still disappointing though, despite having somewhat of an advantage), so only 10 rounds.

But yeah, still nothing good for the wheel. Do want to try it on CH120XF when I have time, though.
I'm saying use it like (LT)MF LLD BD145LRF/RF... so an attack type... where LDD failed as a new LT, LGD does a better job at this.

I'd also suggest S130, and trying non-traditional tips(for attack), such as RDF/MB/RB

I would do testing myself, however real life beckons, and I have to track guitars for the current album my band (after the burial) is working on, and get some serious work done on a series of paintings for school... yeah I have a procrastination problem lol...
That combo only used BD145 because Lightning needed the extra weight, BD145 is a defensive track that limits contact, not a good choice for an attacker, unless it desperately needs the extra weight, and this is not LDG's problem.
gibson:-You don't want to awaken those Fancy names,no?Lets wait patiently for th!nk to test.Hopefully it's not disappointing.
th!nk:-Just like I expected,this thing Is really.Meh.So Hazelnuts joke was true.This LDD overweight himself by eating Cheese Burgers at McDonalds,so it's performance slacked.Dayum you,overweight thing.
EDIT:-th!nk.Hows LDG's recoil?
That was my joke, he nicked it. Serious

I will try to do something with MF LDG BD145RF, but I have a number of other tests I want to get done first, and after the stamina and comparative tests with Duo, Death and Phantom I have planned, I will probably be a little "testing fatigued".
Oh,I saw Hazelnuts post it somewhere.I hope there's something like:-where LDD slacks,LDG rules.That won't be possible,though.Try 85CS,th!nk!I used that with Meteo during a tournament where BD145+Lightning rules,but then,Meteo L-Drago 85CS is just too good that I got my Gold Face.
I would imagine something like that would just beg for someone to pull out Variares, stick it in left spin, and wipe you out.
I'll try and get it done, but I've got a lot on my testing plate at the moment, ahah.
Don't underestimate it,lol.It's basically like A Scythe Kronos that absorbs all impacts.Thanks in advance,th!nk.
It is light as hell, I could KO it with Dark.

Seriously, you just played bad attack users.
(Dec. 07, 2011  7:04 PM)Dan Wrote: It is light as hell, I could KO it with Dark.

Seriously, you just played bad attack users.

Weak launch maybe? Also, remember, this was when MF LLD BD145LRF was everywhere, and, well, there it's only making BD contact.

But I already need to test MF LDD 90WD or something as weak launch against blitz, which I guess is a little similar. That said, there seems to be plenty viable counters to Blitz ATM anyway, especially if what some are saying about RDF is true...
Trust me, it is light enough + has recoil..

Weak launch is Right on Left or Left on Right.
Eugh, good point, forgot that left spin was basically the only attack style back then, as opposed to Right Spin being more common atm.

Still, BD145 vs rubber, I can see it happening, though yes, the attacker would need to be pretty average.

Not completely relevant to LDG right now, though, considering it has significant weight to it. Anyway, we'll see how it does when it gets tested, but as I said, long list.
Ask Aprizz.... for proof,yo.I used it a while ago,I dunno whether I used MF-H or not.th!nk.This LDG got extra weight,so I wondered if 85CS could work on it.Take your time.Try weak launch too.
(Dec. 07, 2011  6:45 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: Oh,I saw Hazelnuts post it somewhere.I hope there's something like:-where LDD slacks,LDG rules.That won't be possible,though.Try 85CS,th!nk!I used that with Meteo during a tournament where BD145+Lightning rules,but then,Meteo L-Drago 85CS is just too good that I got my Gold Face.

LOL this is ridiculous. You obviously face HORRIBLE attack players.
I th!nk we should really stop with the "Great Attack user or HORRIBLE Attack User" stuff. It really means nothing if a part relies on the best player ever. So let's find what works for the average joe like me. Smile
Hmm, maybe for a spinsteal combo, something with TH170?
I'd like to request MF LDG TH170/190D/CS against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS, if that's ok with you th!nk!
I remember that was tried for L Drago Destroy, so I'd like to see it for L Drago Guardian as well!
LDG has pretty poor stamina, so any attempt to equalise generally means it loses... It didn't work for LDD, I don't see it working here, but I'll try to get it done (there's a lot of requests at the moment, ahah).

I am going to test MF-H LDG TH170RDF at some point, as there was a similar defensive combo with LDD, but yeah, there's a few more pressing matters at the moment, and I do not have the best endurance for large amounts of testing. Tongue_out
(Dec. 08, 2011  2:14 AM)th!nk Wrote: I am going to test MF-H LDG TH170RDF at some point, as there was a similar defensive combo with LDD, but yeah, there's a few more pressing matters at the moment, and I do not have the best endurance for large amounts of testing. Tongue_out

That will be a tower!
TH170 is tall, RDF is tall.
You say LDG is not 'great' with balance.
End result- This combo would end up getting destabilized quite often. Once it loses balance, it will spin upon the Defense ring-like part of RDF. Hence, loss of stamina.
The smash kings would smash too hard into this poor thing, and LDG's design would make it a fish out of the water...
Even if my prediction goes wrong and this actually turns out to be good; it will always remain an underdog, considering we have the dual-spinning Varaires. Also, it would never be able to match the glory of Basalt and Death.
So its better of being used in tourneys of a rookie level... Smile
Yeah, but Dan kept nagging me to try it.

I tried it a little and it wasn't very good.
Hm. As expected...
I'll be waiting for Formal Tests, though.
Then again, there's Dan who (as you tell me) is quite confident about this combo...
Weird...
I am also waiting for Dan to chip in and explain his superb theory to us.
He doesn't have the parts, and don't quote him on it, he just wanted me to try it out, to see if it was any good Tongue_out
But yeah, I don't know if I'll get around to formal testing, I'd rather focus on things that have potential/need testing, for the time being. Once those are out of the way, MAYBE I can go and try to devise a more creative combo for some parts, but there are new releases on the horizon.
Ah, I am sorry for that. Smile
Hm, we have tried most of the top tier parts which seemed to be good for LDG.
Anything more creative, means that we will have to go on an errand to revive the parts which have already been buried with a tombstone reading- "R.I.P" over their grave....
Lets see how creative we must get! Tongue_out
Eh, it's not too bad a wheel, I'm yet to do formal testing of LDrago Guardian CH120XF or MF-H LDrago Guardian BD145CS, both of which seem decent.

My impressions (take with a pinch of salt): LDG CH120XF manages to narrowly OS MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS semi-regularly, and did passably against MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS, though against my rather aggressive acting Basalt/CS, I had to weak launch LDG and even then, it's still possible to be KO'd, methinks.

MF-H LDG BD145CS is no Duo, but it seems to be a pretty decent defense combo, and it has enough stamina to be weak launched against MF-H Blitz Unicorno 90R2F and do okay, and as usual I don't do well with Variares, but I'd imagine a more skilled Variares user would give it a fair bit of grief.

That said, that should all be taken with a large helping of salt. My thoughts and informal battles are no substitute for proper testing.

I will try to test them when I get time, though, particularly the latter.