Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average

L-Drago Guardian Discussion
gibsonmac

Uberschall
Rose Gold FacePassport Face

Its works OK with BD145RF...

[Image: WBO_sig.jpg]
The First thing every blader should buy is MF and MF2... Metal Faces are necessary people!! Know them, Live them, LOVE them, find them on eBay if you have to, just get them!!!
Dec 06 2011 07:02 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Cyber Blader

YOLIRO
BeyRank: #130 (1,295)
Aquila FaceDriger FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IIGill FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceAmber FaceAnniversary Face 2012Silver Face

Since weak launching is good against the opposite spin direction, could you try MF-H Guardian L Drago ___ WD/D (Track doesn't matter too much, whatever you feel would work best) with a weak launch vs. MF Blitz Unicorno 90RF?

[Image: sign_tessoewbol1245.png]
Dec 06 2011 09:56 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
sum 472

Good ol' days
(This post was last modified: Dec 06 2011 10:29 PM by sum 472.)
(Dec 06 2011 03:18 PM)Whatzzer Wrote:  Now with Wing being bad,this too,I guess Duo is the only hope in that set.I was hoping for this to be a subsitute to LDD.

Check the Wing thread, it may be good for defense.
Same as LDD, knew it.
Hope it does well in spin-steal tests.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Little...n_cast.png
Dancing Rayquaza...will never get old :3
Dec 06 2011 10:27 PM
Bey Ninja 14x

The Wizard
BeyRank: #762 (1,077)
Unicorno FaceAquila Face

Hey I was going to make this thread but any way (you did better than what I could do) I did a little testing/analyzing and it appears that l drago guardian is a really good 230 fender and it also has great defense against low beys so it would possibly do better with I think 135 as it would be taller than small attack types and yet can still stand up against taller beys but I would not put any ball tip on it against the attack type because it will lose balance and will be knocked out easily but I haven't done much testing yet so I'll give results but could you tell me any combos?

Without Pride, Honour and Respect your nothing but a dog
[Image: o0zV.png]
Credit to CRUelty for making the Sig
Dec 07 2011 09:31 AM
th!nk

rip in peace
BeyRank: #426 (1,142)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face

(Dec 06 2011 07:02 PM)gibsonmac Wrote:  Its works OK with BD145RF...
If I were going to use a defense track like BD145, I would probably use a more defensive tip, maybe RDF... That said, I can see MF LDG BD145RF as anti-meta of some sort, maybe. I mean, it's quite rare that such a heavy wheel will be totally useless.

(Dec 06 2011 09:56 PM)Cyber Blader Wrote:  Since weak launching is good against the opposite spin direction, could you try MF-H Guardian L Drago ___ WD/D (Track doesn't matter too much, whatever you feel would work best) with a weak launch vs. MF Blitz Unicorno 90RF?
I'll give it a shot when I get time, but be warned, I only just got blitz so I still need to adjust to it.

@Bey Ninja 14x: Do whatever you feel like. I don't see it being a good attack wheel, so unless you do get good results for it as an attacker, you may as well do tests to see what it can do Tongue_out As for 135, maybe S130 would be a better choice for the extra weight, but if you're getting magic on 135, go for it!

Anyways, I woke up at 7pm today (don't ask) so I'm not gonna have too much time to do testing straight away, but I will try to get at least Aru's request done, but I want to do some testing with Duo as well!

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Signature for Archival Purposes/Some still-relevant links etc (Click to View)
Dec 07 2011 01:24 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Arupaeo

Climbing Back
BeyRank: #10 (1,604)
Gaia Dragoon FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIRose Gold FaceEmerald FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceAmber FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceAnubis FaceGill FaceAquila FaceUnicorno FaceLacerta FaceGold FaceLeone FaceHerculeo FaceRuby FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulPrize Hunter FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBrad FaceGold FaceMetal FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceByxis FaceOnyx FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceWyvern FaceHoruseus FaceBeafowl FaceAres FaceBeafowl FaceHoruseus FaceCygnus FaceHades FaceNemesis FaceBeelzeb FaceLyra FaceFace of Days IIIPrize Hunter FaceUranus FaceFox FaceOrion FaceBronze FaceGold FaceBloody Devil FaceGold FaceBronze FaceDranzer II FaceDragoon II FaceGold FaceSamurai Changer FaceJiraiya FaceLibra FaceKetos FaceDraciel Viper FaceEterner FaceStriker FaceDark Leopard FaceGiraffe FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceCrown FaceOrion FaceHoruseus FaceLynx FaceCrown FaceAnniversary Face 2012Silver FaceFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVBronze FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceGold FaceDriger Fang FaceDraciel Viper FaceGold FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013Silver FaceGold FaceEternal Passport FaceMF2 FaceFace of Days V

Thanks th!nk. Fit my request in wherever it makes sense for you - I'm in no rush. Especially as I would be delighted to read Duo results from you as well!
Dec 07 2011 01:38 PM
th!nk

rip in peace
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 07 2011 03:56 PM by th!nk.)
OP Updated with new tests. Most were academic, and then on the last I was pressed for time (LDG was still disappointing though, despite having somewhat of an advantage), so only 10 rounds.

But yeah, still nothing good for the wheel. Do want to try it on CH120XF when I have time, though.

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Dec 07 2011 03:50 PM
gibsonmac

Uberschall
Rose Gold FacePassport Face

I'm saying use it like (LT)MF LLD BD145LRF/RF... so an attack type... where LDD failed as a new LT, LGD does a better job at this.

I'd also suggest S130, and trying non-traditional tips(for attack), such as RDF/MB/RB

I would do testing myself, however real life beckons, and I have to track guitars for the current album my band (after the burial) is working on, and get some serious work done on a series of paintings for school... yeah I have a procrastination problem lol...

[Image: WBO_sig.jpg]
The First thing every blader should buy is MF and MF2... Metal Faces are necessary people!! Know them, Live them, LOVE them, find them on eBay if you have to, just get them!!!
Dec 07 2011 06:32 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

That combo only used BD145 because Lightning needed the extra weight, BD145 is a defensive track that limits contact, not a good choice for an attacker, unless it desperately needs the extra weight, and this is not LDG's problem.

Dec 07 2011 06:34 PM
Whatzzer

Feel da' wrath
BeyRank: #567 (1,109)
Unicorno FaceGold FaceDJ FaceCancer FaceAmber FaceHorogium FaceAntique FaceHerculeo Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 07 2011 06:41 PM by Whatzzer.)
gibson:-You don't want to awaken those Fancy names,no?Lets wait patiently for th!nk to test.Hopefully it's not disappointing.
th!nk:-Just like I expected,this thing Is really.Meh.So Hazelnuts joke was true.This LDD overweight himself by eating Cheese Burgers at McDonalds,so it's performance slacked.Dayum you,overweight thing.
EDIT:-th!nk.Hows LDG's recoil?

[Image: ares.png]
[Image: userbrad.gif]
|BEYBRAD RULES|
Dark Bladerz|Photobucket|Kyaa!Sig made by me.|
I am no longer a Graphics Designer.Please do not PM me for signature requests.
Blue
is my Favourite colour.What's your's?
I'm back In WBO!!! Well, I won't be active in tournaments though.
Dec 07 2011 06:39 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

That was my joke, he nicked it. Serious

I will try to do something with MF LDG BD145RF, but I have a number of other tests I want to get done first, and after the stamina and comparative tests with Duo, Death and Phantom I have planned, I will probably be a little "testing fatigued".

Dec 07 2011 06:41 PM
Whatzzer

Feel da' wrath
Unicorno FaceGold FaceDJ FaceCancer FaceAmber FaceHorogium FaceAntique FaceHerculeo Face

Oh,I saw Hazelnuts post it somewhere.I hope there's something like:-where LDD slacks,LDG rules.That won't be possible,though.Try 85CS,th!nk!I used that with Meteo during a tournament where BD145+Lightning rules,but then,Meteo L-Drago 85CS is just too good that I got my Gold Face.

|BEYBRAD RULES|
Blue
Dec 07 2011 06:45 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

I would imagine something like that would just beg for someone to pull out Variares, stick it in left spin, and wipe you out.
I'll try and get it done, but I've got a lot on my testing plate at the moment, ahah.

Dec 07 2011 06:51 PM
Whatzzer

Feel da' wrath

Don't underestimate it,lol.It's basically like A Scythe Kronos that absorbs all impacts.Thanks in advance,th!nk.

|BEYBRAD RULES|
Blue
Dec 07 2011 06:55 PM
Dan

WORLDWAR2CHAINZ
BeyRank: #373 (1,156)
Antique FaceDJ FaceAmber FaceAnubis FaceWolborg FaceLapis Lazuli FaceAlexandrite Face

It is light as hell, I could KO it with Dark.

Seriously, you just played bad attack users.

[Image: dansignature21.gif]
shout out 2 kai-v
Dec 07 2011 07:04 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

(Dec 07 2011 07:04 PM)Dan Wrote:  It is light as hell, I could KO it with Dark.

Seriously, you just played bad attack users.

Weak launch maybe? Also, remember, this was when MF LLD BD145LRF was everywhere, and, well, there it's only making BD contact.

But I already need to test MF LDD 90WD or something as weak launch against blitz, which I guess is a little similar. That said, there seems to be plenty viable counters to Blitz ATM anyway, especially if what some are saying about RDF is true...

Dec 07 2011 07:07 PM
Dan

WORLDWAR2CHAINZ
BeyRank: #373 (1,156)
Antique FaceDJ FaceAmber FaceAnubis FaceWolborg FaceLapis Lazuli FaceAlexandrite Face

Trust me, it is light enough + has recoil..

Weak launch is Right on Left or Left on Right.

[Image: dansignature21.gif]
shout out 2 kai-v
Dec 07 2011 07:10 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

Eugh, good point, forgot that left spin was basically the only attack style back then, as opposed to Right Spin being more common atm.

Still, BD145 vs rubber, I can see it happening, though yes, the attacker would need to be pretty average.

Not completely relevant to LDG right now, though, considering it has significant weight to it. Anyway, we'll see how it does when it gets tested, but as I said, long list.

Dec 07 2011 07:14 PM
Whatzzer

Feel da' wrath

Ask Aprizz.... for proof,yo.I used it a while ago,I dunno whether I used MF-H or not.th!nk.This LDG got extra weight,so I wondered if 85CS could work on it.Take your time.Try weak launch too.

|BEYBRAD RULES|
Blue
Dec 07 2011 07:16 PM
Spin-Sonic

Formerly Karice
BeyRank: #103 (1,322)
DJ FaceDranzer FaceFace of Days IISilver FaceGold FaceEmerald FaceSapphire Face

(Dec 07 2011 06:45 PM)Whatzzer Wrote:  Oh,I saw Hazelnuts post it somewhere.I hope there's something like:-where LDD slacks,LDG rules.That won't be possible,though.Try 85CS,th!nk!I used that with Meteo during a tournament where BD145+Lightning rules,but then,Meteo L-Drago 85CS is just too good that I got my Gold Face.

LOL this is ridiculous. You obviously face HORRIBLE attack players.

Karice is my name. Remember it when I defeat you.
Team: Spiral Bladers (Customizer)
[Image: sign_wesbtosoel181.png]
Dec 07 2011 07:47 PM