L-Drago Guardian Discussion

Okay, at long last, this thread.

There's probably a good reason no one made it yet: It's really basically LDrago Destroy, but slightly prettier.

I'm afraid I only have the one test for you at the moment, it was honestly so disappointing that it was depressing to watch.

Everything is standard conditions, you all know me by now.

Here's a little Calibration test with L-Drago Destroy, so you have something to compare to:

MF LDrago Destroy D125RF vs MF-H Basalt Aquario GB145CS
LDD: 5/20 (25%) All KO
Basalt: 15/20 (75%), 8 OS, 7KO

And here's LDrago Guardian:

MF L Drago Guardian D125RF vs MF-H Basalt Aquario GB145CS

LDG: 4/20 (20%) (All KO)
Basalt: 16/20,(80%) 10 OS, 6 KO

Both were done with whatever the mode is that reveals the plastic and has rubber under the heads.

Not really a significant difference, they perform basically identical. Both are inconsistent, but do get large hits every so often.

I'm going to try a spin stealer later, I just need to figure out what to try it against, but I want to test Duo, seeing as it's supposed to be the standout part of the set. Honestly, if you want to know how it does against something, just see how LDrago Destroy does against it.

So yeah, LDD 2: Electric Boogaloo, have at ye!

New Tests (Updated 07/12/2011) (Click to View)
Unhappy
Sad...
I expected this thing to be a beautiful attacker.
Agreed, that it was a more bloated version of LDD, but the larger size made me think it would perform well... Unhappy
Also hey, are you sure you ain't facing problems with this wheel? I mean, hope this ain't VariAres II for you. Tongue_out
I am sorry but, its just 'hope'.

"We cling with both arms to false hope, refusing to believe the weightiest proofs against it."
-Rabindranath Tagore
Nup, it's just LDD but pretty.

I was pretty disappointed too.

Hopefully it'll work in some kinda spin stealer, but it has heavy weight and recoil, neither of which are good for spin stealers.
I think it should do better in spin stealing. It seems more rounded.
Now with Wing being bad,this too,I guess Duo is the only hope in that set.I was hoping for this to be a subsitute to LDD.
@th!nk- Hm, seems like the edit in my previous post is useless. Tongue_out
Spin Steal combos shouldn't be heavy either?
I thought Spin Steal combos involving MLD sucked because they were too light...
@WolborgMS: It's not that much more rounded than LDD, LDD is actually pretty round.

Whatzzer: Duo so far seems to me to be a clone of Death, same stamina and everything, not that that's a bad thing, but Death Quetz is cheaper. Need to test it properly though, but it's getting late.

jan: It's a precarious balance between not being KO'd and inertia. If a wheel is too heavy, it takes more energy to push it, which means it can't steal spin as effectively. If it's too light, it gets KO'd. MFB spin stealers are bleh, tbh.
So this set is just,meh.Dayum,I regretted buying it.Hopefully this LDG has good results when I get it later.
Hey th!nk, even though I have the set I'm going to ask for tests anyways because I'm pretty time crunched at the moment. Unhappy

Can you test MF-H LDG BD145 MF vs MF-H Basalt BD145 CS in both sliding shoot and tornado stall? I hear that LDG has a bit more of a rubbery feel than LDD, and so I wonder if taking an approach to this bey similar to the attacking style of our old friend MLD CH120 XF might not be worth exploring.

Thanks!
Finally, someone posted this. Ill try Defence type parts on Guardian later...

NOTE: GUARDIAN= WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION ISSUES
Well, this set is not bad, tbh.
Its just not worth enough considering the amount you pay for it.
@th!nk- Hm, so weight is a negative factor only because it takes more energy to get pushed in the direction of spin, so as to ideally increase spin velocity.
Thanks for the explanation. Smile
I'll certainly look into testing that tomorrow, Aru! I'm afraid time got away from me (read: I procrastinated) and people are going to bed now. Hey, I do have 8 new beys to play with, it's hard to focus Wink

Yeah, I forgot to mention here, but the PC frame of LDG has slightly softer, less glossy rubber than that of LDD. And, that rubber is exposed quite well in both modes.

I guess with the extra weight, it could work out as a hybrid defense type of some sort.
(Dec. 06, 2011  3:28 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote: Finally, someone posted this. Ill try Defence type parts on Guardian later...

NOTE: GUARDIAN= WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION ISSUES

The weight distribution is actually significantly better than LDD's IMO, for stamina purposes. LDD had some of the worst weight distribution ever, though.

Anyways, it's not a purchase you'll regret too much, Whatzzer, Duo is a great part, it comes with the very rare LRF, a WF, a 90 (which is now useful on Blitz), 230, a Beylauncher LR (which was good: My mars red LR's spring setup had to be replaced twice today!), and Wing, which is apparently passable sometimes. The SBS is probably a better purchase though.
You'll get why I regretted buying this set:-
Duo?U said it's just like Death
LRF?I have like 2 of it.
WF,90,I have it already.
230,well,I forgot about this.This part is pretty much meh to me,because it's just to weak to 145 and above tracks
Wing,I hate you.
I guess I hope miracles happens when I test this.
Oh, you'll regret it, sure, but not too much Wink
(Dec. 06, 2011  3:31 PM)th!nk Wrote: I guess with the extra weight, it could work out as a hybrid defense type of some sort.

That'll be a revolution!
We've been waiting for a Left-Spin Defense type(doesn't matter whether its a pure one or a hybrid) since the release of Basalt.
I still remember speculating about VariAres being a hope for left-spin Defense(before its release) but it preferred to go with attack. Tongue_out
I'd be extremely happy to see an L Drago series wheel fulfill my wish!
Hmm, it's still too recoily for that in a lot of cases, though it is obviously what they were aiming for. Maybe if they'd rounded the front a bit more like on LDD... Still, we shall see, haven't had enough playtime yet.

And as for me sucking with it, that's why I included LDD tests as a reference. That said, I doubt it's me sucking too much.
(Dec. 06, 2011  3:55 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:
(Dec. 06, 2011  3:31 PM)th!nk Wrote: I guess with the extra weight, it could work out as a hybrid defense type of some sort.

That'll be a revolution!
We've been waiting for a Left-Spin Defense type(doesn't matter whether its a pure one or a hybrid) since the release of Basalt.
I still remember speculating about VariAres being a hope for left-spin Defense(before its release) but it preferred to go with attack. Tongue_out
I'd be extremely happy to see an L Drago series wheel fulfill my wish!

Haha, no. See, the problem with that is that L drago wobbles to much. MFH LDG ABSORB BD145MB. Normally I use Scythe, but the stamina and balance wasnt so hot on LDG. I did use CS, cant remember what happened... I think CS will do, Th!nk, for balance.

Edit: And it scraped on MB
MB has bad balance in itself :\
I still think its the MW though. I use MB on MFH Scythe BD145MB, no scrape Ive experienced.
Scythe has naturally good balance, and basalt's weight, compact shape, and other factors, help correct it there.

I'm not claiming LDG has good weight distribution, just that it doesn't have particularly bad weight distribution.
Its works OK with BD145RF...
Since weak launching is good against the opposite spin direction, could you try MF-H Guardian L Drago ___ WD/D (Track doesn't matter too much, whatever you feel would work best) with a weak launch vs. MF Blitz Unicorno 90RF?
(Dec. 06, 2011  3:18 PM)Whatzzer Wrote: Now with Wing being bad,this too,I guess Duo is the only hope in that set.I was hoping for this to be a subsitute to LDD.

Check the Wing thread, it may be good for defense.
Same as LDD, knew it.
Hope it does well in spin-steal tests.
Hey I was going to make this thread but any way (you did better than what I could do) I did a little testing/analyzing and it appears that l drago guardian is a really good 230 fender and it also has great defense against low beys so it would possibly do better with I think 135 as it would be taller than small attack types and yet can still stand up against taller beys but I would not put any ball tip on it against the attack type because it will lose balance and will be knocked out easily but I haven't done much testing yet so I'll give results but could you tell me any combos?
(Dec. 06, 2011  7:02 PM)gibsonmac Wrote: Its works OK with BD145RF...
If I were going to use a defense track like BD145, I would probably use a more defensive tip, maybe RDF... That said, I can see MF LDG BD145RF as anti-meta of some sort, maybe. I mean, it's quite rare that such a heavy wheel will be totally useless.

(Dec. 06, 2011  9:56 PM)Cyber Blader Wrote: Since weak launching is good against the opposite spin direction, could you try MF-H Guardian L Drago ___ WD/D (Track doesn't matter too much, whatever you feel would work best) with a weak launch vs. MF Blitz Unicorno 90RF?
I'll give it a shot when I get time, but be warned, I only just got blitz so I still need to adjust to it.

Bey Ninja 14x: Do whatever you feel like. I don't see it being a good attack wheel, so unless you do get good results for it as an attacker, you may as well do tests to see what it can do Tongue_out As for 135, maybe S130 would be a better choice for the extra weight, but if you're getting magic on 135, go for it!

Anyways, I woke up at 7pm today (don't ask) so I'm not gonna have too much time to do testing straight away, but I will try to get at least Aru's request done, but I want to do some testing with Duo as well!