Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.2 Average

L-Drago Guardian Discussion
th!nk

rip in peace
BeyRank: #422 (1,142)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 07 2011 03:48 PM by th!nk.)
Okay, at long last, this thread.

There's probably a good reason no one made it yet: It's really basically LDrago Destroy, but slightly prettier.

I'm afraid I only have the one test for you at the moment, it was honestly so disappointing that it was depressing to watch.

Everything is standard conditions, you all know me by now.

Here's a little Calibration test with L-Drago Destroy, so you have something to compare to:

MF LDrago Destroy D125RF vs MF-H Basalt Aquario GB145CS
LDD: 5/20 (25%) All KO
Basalt: 15/20 (75%), 8 OS, 7KO

And here's LDrago Guardian:

MF L Drago Guardian D125RF vs MF-H Basalt Aquario GB145CS

LDG: 4/20 (20%) (All KO)
Basalt: 16/20,(80%) 10 OS, 6 KO

Both were done with whatever the mode is that reveals the plastic and has rubber under the heads.

Not really a significant difference, they perform basically identical. Both are inconsistent, but do get large hits every so often.

I'm going to try a spin stealer later, I just need to figure out what to try it against, but I want to test Duo, seeing as it's supposed to be the standout part of the set. Honestly, if you want to know how it does against something, just see how LDrago Destroy does against it.

So yeah, LDD 2: Electric Boogaloo, have at ye!

New Tests (Updated 07/12/2011) (Click to View)

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Signature for Archival Purposes/Some still-relevant links etc (Click to View)
Dec 06 2011 03:09 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Janstarblast

KAI-NETIC ENERGY
BeyRank: #227 (1,223)
Antique FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IIIAres FaceAnniversary Face 2012Uranus FaceCoro Dragon FaceByxis FaceGold FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVEmerald FaceSapphire FaceAnniversary Face 2013
(This post was last modified: Dec 06 2011 03:16 PM by Janstarblast.)
Unhappy
Sad...
I expected this thing to be a beautiful attacker.
Agreed, that it was a more bloated version of LDD, but the larger size made me think it would perform well... Unhappy
Also hey, are you sure you ain't facing problems with this wheel? I mean, hope this ain't VariAres II for you. Tongue_out
I am sorry but, its just 'hope'.

"We cling with both arms to false hope, refusing to believe the weightiest proofs against it."
-Rabindranath Tagore

[Image: janstarblastsignature.jpg]
Team IB Revolutions
Thanks to N0body for the avatar and Synth for the signature!
Dec 06 2011 03:12 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
th!nk

rip in peace
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 06 2011 03:17 PM by th!nk.)
Nup, it's just LDD but pretty.

I was pretty disappointed too.

Hopefully it'll work in some kinda spin stealer, but it has heavy weight and recoil, neither of which are good for spin stealers.

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Dec 06 2011 03:15 PM
Fury

~The One And Only~
BeyRank: #922 (1,057)
Amber FaceSilver FaceFace of Days IISilver FaceAquila FaceDraciel FaceRose Gold FaceAnubis FaceEinstein FaceThunder Dragon FaceWolborg FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceSea Dragon FaceDJ FaceFace of Days IIIBronze Face

I think it should do better in spin stealing. It seems more rounded.

[Image: wolborgsig.png]
Look At Me Look At You, Unleash Fury Is What Im Going To Do, Cause Im Gonna Win It Baby, What Else Is New, Fury is back, round 2
Give you all the recap, got a Metal Gear flow
Cause it's so solid, my whole team ballin
Dec 06 2011 03:17 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Whatzzer

Feel da' wrath
BeyRank: #563 (1,109)
Unicorno FaceGold FaceDJ FaceCancer FaceAmber FaceHorogium FaceAntique FaceHerculeo Face

Now with Wing being bad,this too,I guess Duo is the only hope in that set.I was hoping for this to be a subsitute to LDD.

[Image: ares.png]
[Image: userbrad.gif]
|BEYBRAD RULES|
Dark Bladerz|Photobucket|Kyaa!Sig made by me.|
I am no longer a Graphics Designer.Please do not PM me for signature requests.
Blue
is my Favourite colour.What's your's?
I'm back In WBO!!! Well, I won't be active in tournaments though.
Dec 06 2011 03:18 PM
Janstarblast

KAI-NETIC ENERGY
Antique FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IIIAres FaceAnniversary Face 2012Uranus FaceCoro Dragon FaceByxis FaceGold FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVEmerald FaceSapphire FaceAnniversary Face 2013
(This post was last modified: Dec 06 2011 03:19 PM by Janstarblast.)
@th!nk- Hm, seems like the edit in my previous post is useless. Tongue_out
Spin Steal combos shouldn't be heavy either?
I thought Spin Steal combos involving MLD sucked because they were too light...

Team IB Revolutions
Dec 06 2011 03:18 PM
th!nk

rip in peace
(This post was last modified: Dec 06 2011 03:21 PM by th!nk.)
@WolborgMS: It's not that much more rounded than LDD, LDD is actually pretty round.

@Whatzzer: Duo so far seems to me to be a clone of Death, same stamina and everything, not that that's a bad thing, but Death Quetz is cheaper. Need to test it properly though, but it's getting late.

@Jan: It's a precarious balance between not being KO'd and inertia. If a wheel is too heavy, it takes more energy to push it, which means it can't steal spin as effectively. If it's too light, it gets KO'd. MFB spin stealers are bleh, tbh.

Dec 06 2011 03:21 PM
Whatzzer

Feel da' wrath
Unicorno FaceGold FaceDJ FaceCancer FaceAmber FaceHorogium FaceAntique FaceHerculeo Face

So this set is just,meh.Dayum,I regretted buying it.Hopefully this LDG has good results when I get it later.

|BEYBRAD RULES|
Blue
Dec 06 2011 03:24 PM
Arupaeo

Climbing Back
BeyRank: #10 (1,604)
Gaia Dragoon FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIRose Gold FaceEmerald FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSapphire FaceAmber FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceAnubis FaceGill FaceAquila FaceUnicorno FaceLacerta FaceGold FaceLeone FaceHerculeo FaceRuby FaceAntique FaceFace of SoulPrize Hunter FaceAmethyst FaceSilver FaceGold FaceBrad FaceGold FaceMetal FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceByxis FaceOnyx FaceGold FaceGold FaceGold FaceWyvern FaceHoruseus FaceBeafowl FaceAres FaceBeafowl FaceHoruseus FaceCygnus FaceHades FaceNemesis FaceBeelzeb FaceLyra FaceFace of Days IIIPrize Hunter FaceUranus FaceFox FaceOrion FaceBronze FaceGold FaceBloody Devil FaceGold FaceBronze FaceDranzer II FaceDragoon II FaceGold FaceSamurai Changer FaceJiraiya FaceLibra FaceKetos FaceDraciel Viper FaceEterner FaceStriker FaceDark Leopard FaceGiraffe FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceHoruseus FaceCrown FaceOrion FaceHoruseus FaceLynx FaceCrown FaceAnniversary Face 2012Silver FaceFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVBronze FaceBronze FaceBronze FaceGold FaceDriger Fang FaceDraciel Viper FaceGold FaceBronze FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013Silver FaceGold FaceEternal Passport Face
(This post was last modified: Dec 06 2011 03:28 PM by Arupaeo.)
Hey th!nk, even though I have the set I'm going to ask for tests anyways because I'm pretty time crunched at the moment. Unhappy

Can you test MF-H LDG BD145 MF vs MF-H Basalt BD145 CS in both sliding shoot and tornado stall? I hear that LDG has a bit more of a rubbery feel than LDD, and so I wonder if taking an approach to this bey similar to the attacking style of our old friend MLD CH120 XF might not be worth exploring.

Thanks!
Dec 06 2011 03:27 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Jaygrazer

dat gundam yo
Rose Gold FacePassport Face

Finally, someone posted this. Ill try Defence type parts on Guardian later...

NOTE: GUARDIAN= WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION ISSUES
Dec 06 2011 03:28 PM
Janstarblast

KAI-NETIC ENERGY

Well, this set is not bad, tbh.
Its just not worth enough considering the amount you pay for it.
@th!nk- Hm, so weight is a negative factor only because it takes more energy to get pushed in the direction of spin, so as to ideally increase spin velocity.
Thanks for the explanation. Smile

Team IB Revolutions
Dec 06 2011 03:29 PM
th!nk

rip in peace
(This post was last modified: Dec 06 2011 03:33 PM by th!nk.)
I'll certainly look into testing that tomorrow, Aru! I'm afraid time got away from me (read: I procrastinated) and people are going to bed now. Hey, I do have 8 new beys to play with, it's hard to focus Wink

Yeah, I forgot to mention here, but the PC frame of LDG has slightly softer, less glossy rubber than that of LDD. And, that rubber is exposed quite well in both modes.

I guess with the extra weight, it could work out as a hybrid defense type of some sort.
(Dec 06 2011 03:28 PM)Galaxy Jay Wrote:  Finally, someone posted this. Ill try Defence type parts on Guardian later...

NOTE: GUARDIAN= WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION ISSUES

The weight distribution is actually significantly better than LDD's IMO, for stamina purposes. LDD had some of the worst weight distribution ever, though.

Anyways, it's not a purchase you'll regret too much, Whatzzer, Duo is a great part, it comes with the very rare LRF, a WF, a 90 (which is now useful on Blitz), 230, a Beylauncher LR (which was good: My mars red LR's spring setup had to be replaced twice today!), and Wing, which is apparently passable sometimes. The SBS is probably a better purchase though.

Dec 06 2011 03:31 PM
Whatzzer

Feel da' wrath

You'll get why I regretted buying this set:-
Duo?U said it's just like Death
LRF?I have like 2 of it.
WF,90,I have it already.
230,well,I forgot about this.This part is pretty much meh to me,because it's just to weak to 145 and above tracks
Wing,I hate you.
I guess I hope miracles happens when I test this.

|BEYBRAD RULES|
Blue
Dec 06 2011 03:44 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

Oh, you'll regret it, sure, but not too much Wink

Dec 06 2011 03:46 PM
Janstarblast

KAI-NETIC ENERGY
(This post was last modified: Dec 06 2011 03:56 PM by Janstarblast.)
(Dec 06 2011 03:31 PM)th!nk Wrote:  I guess with the extra weight, it could work out as a hybrid defense type of some sort.

That'll be a revolution!
We've been waiting for a Left-Spin Defense type(doesn't matter whether its a pure one or a hybrid) since the release of Basalt.
I still remember speculating about VariAres being a hope for left-spin Defense(before its release) but it preferred to go with attack. Tongue_out
I'd be extremely happy to see an L Drago series wheel fulfill my wish!

Team IB Revolutions
Dec 06 2011 03:55 PM
th!nk

rip in peace
(This post was last modified: Dec 06 2011 04:39 PM by th!nk.)
Hmm, it's still too recoily for that in a lot of cases, though it is obviously what they were aiming for. Maybe if they'd rounded the front a bit more like on LDD... Still, we shall see, haven't had enough playtime yet.

And as for me sucking with it, that's why I included LDD tests as a reference. That said, I doubt it's me sucking too much.

Dec 06 2011 04:34 PM
Jaygrazer

dat gundam yo
(This post was last modified: Dec 06 2011 06:22 PM by Jaygrazer.)
(Dec 06 2011 03:55 PM)Janstarblast Wrote:  
(Dec 06 2011 03:31 PM)th!nk Wrote:  I guess with the extra weight, it could work out as a hybrid defense type of some sort.

That'll be a revolution!
We've been waiting for a Left-Spin Defense type(doesn't matter whether its a pure one or a hybrid) since the release of Basalt.
I still remember speculating about VariAres being a hope for left-spin Defense(before its release) but it preferred to go with attack. Tongue_out
I'd be extremely happy to see an L Drago series wheel fulfill my wish!

Haha, no. See, the problem with that is that L drago wobbles to much. MFH LDG ABSORB BD145MB. Normally I use Scythe, but the stamina and balance wasnt so hot on LDG. I did use CS, cant remember what happened... I think CS will do, Th!nk, for balance.

Edit: And it scraped on MB
Dec 06 2011 06:21 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

MB has bad balance in itself Uncertain

Dec 06 2011 06:25 PM
Jaygrazer

dat gundam yo

I still think its the MW though. I use MB on MFH Scythe BD145MB, no scrape Ive experienced.
Dec 06 2011 06:29 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

Scythe has naturally good balance, and basalt's weight, compact shape, and other factors, help correct it there.

I'm not claiming LDG has good weight distribution, just that it doesn't have particularly bad weight distribution.

Dec 06 2011 06:30 PM