How To Use Mail Order Japan

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO REMIND EVERYONE THAT ON NOVEMBER FIRST, MOJ IS MOVING BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SERVER

www.mailorderjapan.com

also I have fantastic taste
i thought they said they planned to move back at nov 20th
hehehe. all good.

the guide helped me heaps. I placed my first bid today, i just hope the rest of the process goes smoothly.
MOJ is being slooow to reply to my two emails.

I read the MOJ fees, they say for winning bids under 2999 yen, it's $6 commission (plus all the other charges).

But I won an auction for 2100 yen, and on the "current items" page, it says commission of 1200 yen (which is approx $12).

Is that wrong? It seems wrong to me.
OSW Wrote:MOJ is being slooow to reply to my two emails.

I read the MOJ fees, they say for winning bids under 2999 yen, it's $6 commission (plus all the other charges).

But I won an auction for 2100 yen, and on the "current items" page, it says commission of 1200 yen (which is approx $12).

This happened to me, I wondered why ... then I realized it. I think the shipping price is included.
you think so? I don't know.

I obviously don't want to get jibbed.

I asked about it for my second email.
I found the site MOJ uses for shipping,

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/index_en.html

Just click 'Check rates and delivery days' to get an estimate on how much shipping will be. They ship from Saitama, so the only info your going to have to guess is the weight.

PS: Should edit the first post to include this shipping calculator
anyone confirmed about the 1200 under commission thing?
i don't see why it would be shipping considering you request what is shipped together etc.

they havent responded to any of my emails (sent about a week or more ago). i guess they probably don't read those emails.

i might ask about it in my shipping request email.
OSW Wrote:anyone confirmed about the 1200 under commission thing?
i don't see why it would be shipping considering you request what is shipped together etc.

they havent responded to any of my emails (sent about a week or more ago). i guess they probably don't read those emails.

i might ask about it in my shipping request email.

They're really busy moving the entire business right now. Also ... I told you the reason already.
Ok people, Juv is finally done. I've completed the whole process of buying through MOJ now. I've got the items shipped just waiting for them to arrive.

So now, if anyone has any direct question on the process feel free to send me a message.

I went with EMS, and its pretty expensive so unless your willing to pay I wouldn't recommend it
OSW Wrote:MOJ is being slooow to reply to my two emails.

The Transaction fee and Commission columns on the site are wrong. They appear as 300 yen and 1200 yen. On the invoice it will properly say $2USD and $6USD

If you don't understand what I just wrote compare the two figures;

Top is Site, Bot is Invoice
[Image: invoice-1.jpg]
How do I deposit money to make by bid balance above 0?
keyblader007 Wrote:How do I deposit money to make by bid balance above 0?

Send it to paypal@mailorderjapan.com and write your MOJ account's email address in the subject line. This is done by hand, so wait a few minutes.
Juv - cheers for providing further info. I hope you enjoy the lots you've won.

Question: I read somewhere on the site that if you don't contact them for 5 weeks after bids, there is a 15% fee. now i thought i remembered reading something else too about a fee for greater than 3 weeks.

the 3 weeks thing: was i being delusional or is there a fee?
I think it's safe to just keep in touch with them and if you're going to be waiting any period over three weeks, tell them.
OSW Wrote:Question: I read somewhere on the site that if you don't contact them for 5 weeks after bids, there is a 15% fee. now i thought i remembered reading something else too about a fee for greater than 3 weeks.

the 3 weeks thing: was i being delusional or is there a fee?
Quote:Other Fees

There are no additional or hidden fees from us. However, if there are any other fees from the sellers of your items, you will be informed about them and those fees will be transfered to you for your items. Occasionally, some sellers charge Yahoo Japan Auctions fee of 3%, extra handling fees or the Japanese 5% sales tax if you bid on items from from a company. We cannot do anything about these fees. The only fee or penalty we apply is late fee. If you leave your items for more than 5 weeks and without any kind of contact, there will be 15% late charge fee.You must keep in touch with us and make prior arrangements with us to keep things straight. Finally, if you do not contact us for your items for a maximum of 2 months, your items will be resold on Yahoo Japan Auctions to recover our expenses. If you have any plans like this, please let us know well in advance to make different arrangements. We hope that this never happens.

Never heard anything about the three week thing, but if your worried then just send them an email saying like um.. will be requesting an invoice soon please hold on to my items till then.
Just reminding you all that MOJ us moving back to mailorderjapan.com on the 20th.
Ok, I seem to have won an item, so how will I know when Azmua gets it?
Ah sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't exactly understand how to deposit money to MOJ, I have paypal, so what am I supposed to do?
Boss Wrote:Ah sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't exactly understand how to deposit money to MOJ, I have paypal, so what am I supposed to do?
You send it to the paypal user ID they tell you to on the site, and then send them an email with the transaction number and tell them how much you sent, so they know to check.
PRINCEcharming Wrote:
Boss Wrote:Ah sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't exactly understand how to deposit money to MOJ, I have paypal, so what am I supposed to do?
You send it to the paypal user ID they tell you to on the site, and then send them an email with the transaction number and tell them how much you sent, so they know to check.

Or you could just attach it to the Paypal note. Chocked_2
PRINCEcharming Wrote:Ok, I seem to have won an item, so how will I know when Azmua gets it?
Ok, am I right in thinking that when the "received on" field on current items is filled in with a date, that Azuma will have the item ready to generate the invoice?
Question: How long does it take for the $20 deposit fee to be entered into your account? Think it'll be in so I could try to bid on this?: http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w19619090