Hi from MasterSwordsman

hello, first, please excuse me if I dont spell something correct, im still learning english, anyway, what I do most is collecting Swords (Epic hobby, right?) particularly anime/manga/movie swords
I also like seeing if fantasy swords like these could be practical (You can expect posts like these in the future, if it's ok)
Any swords you would like in this idea, just name below!

like science? me too!!!!!!!

anyway, hope you enjoy!
Welcome to the WBO!Can you get the sword Trunks from DBZ had?
(Jun. 08, 2014  3:24 AM)King E.Emperor Wrote: Welcome to the WBO!Can you get the sword Trunks from DBZ had?
all from picture, it looks like any standard Double Edge, should work out well as long as it does not face the Katana, can say the handle is quite round, which may make it hard to keep the edge hitting the target, but other than that, completely normal sword in design. I would say it will work, depends on what steel its made from now.

EDIT: it, by porportions looks like a short sword, so yes, very useable in dueling
How about Gohans?
(Jun. 08, 2014  3:47 AM)King E.Emperor Wrote: How about Gohans?
would say it has a somewhat oversized guard, but other than that, just a standard british short-sword.
You're a cool guy!You seem like you could come from Japan.Am Iright?
(Jun. 08, 2014  3:56 AM)King E.Emperor Wrote: You're a cool guy!You seem like you could come from Japan.Am Iright?
could live in japan (giggle) I live in Tokyo Japan, mom wants me to learn english, she thinks joining a forum works, apperently it does!
I could teach you english and you could teach me about Japan!
Welcome to the WBO! Enjoy your time here and have FUN!Grin
Make sure to read and follow the rules in the message Kai-V sent you!Smile
EDIT: I really like your hobby!XD
(Jun. 08, 2014  4:05 AM)King E.Emperor Wrote: I could teach you english and you could teach me about Japan!
my mom wont be so happy on that, plus, im self-taught, so...
Why not?
(Jun. 08, 2014  4:20 AM)King E.Emperor Wrote: Why not?
cause, mom wants me to be self taught, and it seems to be working just fine, anything swordfighting, yes, I can teach you, im a pro at that (Spent 6 years learning)
Ok,I'm ready to learn!
Welcome!
Have a fun time; And follow the rules!
(Jun. 08, 2014  4:29 AM)King E.Emperor Wrote: Ok,I'm ready to learn!
to start, getting a sword, very easy, just consider some of these things:
if you want it even remotely dueling quality, make sure the steel used is Carbon Steel or Damascus steel, also, make sure it is full tang (Stainless steel will snap, and full tang means the blade is held in by the handle and welded into the end of the sword, half tang blades will fly out the second you try and swing it) a good sword for cheap will be anywhere around 15381-30762 yen (150-300 dollars) there are some for cheaper, but beware quality may not be as good.
The type of technique used really depends on what type of sword you use, if it is a longsword (Double-edge) then counter-attacking is how you fight, if you use a katana (Tanto, Wakisashi, Katana, Odachi) then quick slashing is how you will fight.

Fighting man with armor for british longsword:
If the armored man uses leather armor, then impaling is your most likely way of defeating your opponent, if they use steel armor, find one of the weak spots in his armor (Spots the armor cant protect to allow movement, the neck, hips and elbows are often weak spots on steel armor) aim to hit one of those spots, if you cant hit him in those spots, try pommeling (Bashing the end of your sword handle into his armor) it either will pierce through, or weaken the armor, impaling rarely works on steel armor.

Fighting man with armor with Katana:
If the armored man uses leather armor, just slash him like he has no armor, leather armor does no good against a properly sharpened katana and for steel armor, same thing, find weak spots, impaling may work if you hit hard enough, although it would not be effective.

Fighting with two swords:
this probably is only good if your opponent does not use a shield, you use one sword to block his sword, then counter with the other sword. (dual wielding allows really quick attacks too)

Fighting with sword and shield:
The most common dueling stance is this, you block the opponents sword with your shield, then counter with your sword.

there is some basic sword dueling for ya!
Oh hey, welcome to the WBO! I have around 4 Anime swords for now. I'm also collect them. I have:

Rin's Sword (Blue Exorcist)

Kirto's sword's (I love Dual Wield!!)

And forgot my other one ol.

If you ever want to chat PM me! I'm pretty sure we like the same things, hah. Your English is good BTW.
Welcome to WBO! Your name is actually similar to my OC's bey name. And Yippee! Another one from Asia! I don't learn or collect swords but I'm quite comfortable with them. I just grab a random pole and swing it like a sword when I get to, it's quite fun.
(Jun. 08, 2014  3:16 PM)Riga Yamisaki Wrote: Welcome to WBO! Your name is actually similar to my OC's bey name. And Yippee! Another one from Asia! I don't learn or collect swords but I'm quite comfortable with them. I just grab a random pole and swing it like a sword when I get to, it's quite fun.
hahahaha! yeah its fun! forgot to mention im a Sensei at my local dojo. (gained this place by winning a duel against the Sensei who taught me Japanese Sword Fighting)