HMS General Discussion
Arborlite

The Flora King

I only own 2 HMS Beyblades: MS Wolborg and MSUV Dragoon.

When I battle, the Wolborg MS wins every single damn time, no matter what, although the Dragoon MSUV's spin is faster.

[Image: ploadua23b.png]
Apr 12 2012 06:35 PM
Offline Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
th!nk

rip in peace
BeyRank: #425 (1,142)
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face

Buy more beys and customize. Wolborg MS is awesome uncustomized, while MSUV has the best attack RC but needs a better AR (and probably WD).

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Signature for Archival Purposes/Some still-relevant links etc (Click to View)
Apr 12 2012 06:36 PM
Away Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Arborlite

The Flora King

I currently ordered 4 more HMS Beyblades (Gaia Dragoon, Draciel MS, Dranzer MS, Driger MS). However, I am relatively new to them and will need to learn/understand how they work a little bit more before I really start customizing.

Although it may sound fun, I don't think that simply switching the disks and the other parts from one beyblade to another is a wise move if you don't know what the change will eventually lead to.

Apr 12 2012 06:39 PM
Janstarblast

KAI-NETIC ENERGY
BeyRank: #229 (1,223)
Antique FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IIIAres FaceAnniversary Face 2012Uranus FaceCoro Dragon FaceByxis FaceGold FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVEmerald FaceSapphire FaceAnniversary Face 2013

Arborlite- I may sound a bit dumb, but I suggest you to not play around too much with that MSUV of yours. It is an amazing RC bearer, and its better to not wear it down to much; seeing how rare it is... Smile

[Image: janstarblastsignature.jpg]
Team IB Revolutions
Thanks to N0body for the avatar and Synth for the signature!
Apr 12 2012 06:40 PM
Away Find all posts by this user
th!nk

rip in peace
Rose Gold FaceAntique FaceThunder Dragon FaceDJ FaceGold FaceSilver FaceAmethyst FacePegasis II FaceDeath Gargoyle FaceDriger FaceLapis Lazuli FaceUltimate Dragoon FaceSea Dragon FaceAnniversary Face 2013Uranus Face

Eehh, none of those are that great, though Draciel's Weight Disk will improve Wolborg, it's a slightly heavier version of it.

You also have to be able to perform a sliding shot effectively (check the article on beywiki) to control MSUV's tip.

As for parts, there's a competitive HMS combo list in the Customization Forum you should check out, to see what's good. MSUV's tip is one of the most expensive and prized parts in beyblade so yeah.

Oh, and yeah, depending on the condition of the tip and bey as a whole, MSUV can be worth a fairly sizeable amount of money, so do keep that in mind.

And with that, I take my leave - it's been an interesting ride, but one can only bang one's head against a wall so many times before they learn - and my head is mighty sore.
Apr 12 2012 06:42 PM
Ga'

Pierce the heavens!
BeyRank: #185 (1,244)
Antique FaceRose Gold FaceQuetzalcoatl Face IISilver FaceAmber FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceWBBA Caesar FaceByxis FaceSilver FaceDJ FaceBronze FaceEmerald FaceGold FaceTrypio FaceSilver FaceAnniversary Face 2013WBBA L Drago Face

Well, experimenting always leads to new results no?

Try to find a Samurai Changer or Death Gargoyle/Dark Effigy MS. The ARs of both are top-tier for attack, and pair well with the MSUV RC.

Never sell that MSUV btw, it's super rare nowadays and extremely expensive.

"In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little, yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations. The new needs friends. Last night, I experienced something new: an extraordinary meal from a singularly unexpected source. To say that both the meal and its maker have challenged my preconceptions about fine cooking is a gross understatement. They have rocked me to my core. In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto, "Anyone can cook." But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist; but a great artist can come from anywhere."

-Anton Ego/Peter O'Toole (1932-2013)
Apr 12 2012 06:45 PM
Arborlite

The Flora King
(This post was last modified: Apr 12 2012 06:48 PM by Arborlite.)
My MSUV is brand new; not a single scratch. All the decals are in perfect condition. And no, I don't spin it very often!

I will read through those articles in order to improve my general knowledge about HMS. It's truly amazing and the more you know about them, the better you eventually become. Thanks!

I also seem to have forgotten about my regular Dragoon HMS, which makes me a 3-HMS beyblade owner. Although it is in a very good condition as well, for some extremely odd my Dranzer GT beats it 6 out of 10. It shouldn't happen at all, considering that HMS > plastics.

Apr 12 2012 06:48 PM
th!nk

rip in peace
(This post was last modified: Apr 12 2012 06:51 PM by th!nk.)
Yeah, that's probably worth at least $100, depending on who you ask/how much someone wants it, you can probably get more. But I'd say keep it and enjoy it, because it's a pretty rare opportunity to be able to do so.

Dragoon MS is sweet too, you've basically got the three most famous HMS, haha.

As for Dranzer GT beating it, I imagine Dragoon MS lacks the power in its AR to do anything against something that large, and Dranzer GT has decent stamina. It's hard to say with uncustomized beys, haha.

Apr 12 2012 06:50 PM
Janstarblast

KAI-NETIC ENERGY
Antique FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IIIAres FaceAnniversary Face 2012Uranus FaceCoro Dragon FaceByxis FaceGold FaceSilver FaceBronze FaceFace of Days IVEmerald FaceSapphire FaceAnniversary Face 2013

Seriously, you've got some extremely nice HMS. Smile
Another rather predictable suggestion-
It'd be better if you do not battle plastics and HMS beys as you may expect them to break, haha!

Team IB Revolutions
Apr 12 2012 07:25 PM
Arborlite

The Flora King

Unfortunately, the HMS that I have are also the only ones that I am currently aware of haha!

Regarding plastic vs HMS battles; yes, unfortunately I already broke my Dragoon S after a battle with Wolborg MS. It completely destroyed the plastic cover, although the bit-chip is still intact. Again, this is just another proof of the HMS awesomeness and power!

Apr 12 2012 08:32 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

Man, if you knew how lucky you were, haha. I won a Dragoon MSUV in an auction yesterday (thanks to Zain), and I'm still ecstatic over the whole thing!

As for Dragoon S, those plastic covers break pretty easily. It's a shame, too, they look great and aren't too easy to come by!

Almost all HMS have BeyWiki articles, we're only missing three: Dranzer MS, Dranzer MF and Aero Knight (and for Dranzer MS, Nocto wrote an awesome draft in the BeyWiki subforum), and as for a list of them, the beyblade parts list on the wiki, ( http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...Parts_List ) includes every links to one of them, and the names of their parts.

Apr 12 2012 08:52 PM
Janstarblast

KAI-NETIC ENERGY

Oh wow, you won an MSUV?! That's a great thing, man! Grin

This would actually go slightly off topic, but you actually completed the "protagonist collection" of beys, haha!
Dragoon MS/MSUV, Dranzer MS, Driger MS, Draciel MS and Gaia Dragoon MS!
Out of these, the first in the list is the only bey which is tough to obtain. What luck, you have it already!

Not to mention that three out of all the HMS you own currently, are my most favorite HMS beys too- Driger, Wolborg and Dranzer MS.

And as th!nk said, those plastic covers on Dragoon S break too easily.
Still, do not continue with these cross-generation battles, or even the most tough-to-break plastic might get a crack or two...

Team IB Revolutions
Apr 13 2012 06:31 AM
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT
Lapis Lazuli FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceAmethyst FaceFace of WarPeridot FaceKiva FacePainite FacePegasis FaceBrad FaceBull FaceBrad FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVEternal Passport Face
(This post was last modified: Apr 16 2012 03:29 PM by Bey Brad.)
(Apr 11 2012 04:51 PM)th!nk Wrote:  
(Apr 11 2012 04:28 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:  this thread gives me so many FEELINGS

Hey, perhaps while you're here, something that would help a couple of us a lot: Do you recall why was it not legal to swap the accessible bearing of Magical Ape MS's Gyro Mode? Sorry to be a bother!

TT banned it once they realized it was very, very strong. Personally IMO Gyro mode should not be allowed at all, it is not really a "Beyblade" to me ...

Wish I'd hung onto my HMS a bit longer, seems they are very valuable now, wow

I no longer manage nor work for the WBO. Do not PM or e-mail me questions about Beyblade! I will not respond!
Apr 16 2012 03:27 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

It's reaaalllly easy to knock out though, but yeah, I see the point seeing as it wipes out everything that isn't attack (and stands some chance of KOing rubber weight core). Thanks for the explanation, settles that for me Smile

I still consider it a beyblade though, it was meant to be used, even if it wasn't that "beyblade-y". Tongue_out

Yeah, prices are a little crazy right now. Still, HMS are really something.

Apr 16 2012 03:57 PM
(This post was last modified: Apr 16 2012 09:19 PM by JBladerMS.)
One of the few reasons why I play MFB is because HMS is too expensive for me, TBH. That and Zero-G is really interesting to me.

[Image: SignitureWBOcomplete.jpg]
The Blue Metal Blader
My New Youtube Channel
Need help with anything? Just want to talk? PM me. I'm happy to help. Smile
Apr 16 2012 09:17 PM
Offline Find all posts by this user
Bey Brad

ETERNAL PRESIDENT
Lapis Lazuli FaceDJ FaceRose Gold FaceAmber FaceAntique FaceAmethyst FaceFace of WarPeridot FaceKiva FacePainite FacePegasis FaceBrad FaceBull FaceBrad FaceGold FaceFace of Days IIFace of RevolutionFace of Days IVEternal Passport Face

Honestly I think spending money on HMS now is pretty much a waste, it's a great system but nothing inherently better than MFB, and the metagame is pretty boring.

I no longer manage nor work for the WBO. Do not PM or e-mail me questions about Beyblade! I will not respond!
Apr 19 2012 02:10 AM
th!nk

rip in peace
(This post was last modified: Apr 19 2012 12:49 PM by th!nk.)
Hm, fair, but I must disagree, have you been following mfb closely? It's always "buy the newest thing to win", and I dunno, but to me they really lack the charm of the earlier series. They're also really heavy which makes launching rather uncomfortable, and while I don't have an msuv until mine arrived next week or so, RF and R2F really aren't anywhere near as nice to use as their plastic equivalents (grip base/Ariel 2's tip), and given how much people go on about the grip flat cores, I imagine it's going to be a similar case. There's also no true metal change tip Wink

I mean, given the price of HMS, it's probably a very fair thing to say, but if you can hunt for bargains it's not such a huge issue.

As for the metagame being boring, that's somewhat true, but it is at least largely attack oriented, so skill does play a fairly large role in it. As for MFB, the metagame shifts and it is much harder to use attack effectively, though it is very rewarding, it's still rather risky, and the overall bias is still somewhat defensive, especially as the increase in weight does favour defense overall when new parts are released. I'm probably being far too negative, but the MFB meta is pretty far from perfect too.

All that said, yes HMS is a huge money sink, especially as there are very few places where running HMS tourneys is feasible, but the system overall is so elegant and charming, that for someone like me who isn't a huge fan of competition anyway, it is largely irrelevant.

Apr 19 2012 09:54 AM
Death!

BeyRank: #338 (1,169)
Bronze FaceHerculeo FaceFace of Days IIIEmerald FaceDJ FaceAries FaceBronze FaceSerpent FaceFox FaceRose Gold FaceEinstein FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceSilver FaceGold FaceKetos FaceUranus FaceSapphire FaceCygnus Face

I only have one hms bey which is Dark Leopard MS.I don't have the launcher for it.

[Image: tj5hk.png]
My VFX gallery
IB Revolutions

Credit to N0body for the avatar and Focus for the sig!
Apr 19 2012 12:14 PM
th!nk

rip in peace

It's a fun bey. If you need a launcher and ripcord you can find a cheap bey on ebay, though the takara ones often come with broken ripcords and fake replacement ones.

Dark Leopard is a cool bey, there's an article on it on the wiki if you want to read about it Smile

Apr 19 2012 12:27 PM
Death!

BeyRank: #338 (1,169)
Bronze FaceHerculeo FaceFace of Days IIIEmerald FaceDJ FaceAries FaceBronze FaceSerpent FaceFox FaceRose Gold FaceEinstein FaceAnniversary Face 2012WBBA L Drago FaceSilver FaceGold FaceKetos FaceUranus FaceSapphire FaceCygnus Face

@th!nk- I have already read the article.People say it's rare...Is it really rare?And I will try to get a ripcord and launcher for it from someone who has a spare one..or I will buy it from someone...

[Image: tj5hk.png]
My VFX gallery
IB Revolutions

Credit to N0body for the avatar and Focus for the sig!
Apr 19 2012 01:02 PM