Greatest Grip/Launcher Ever !!!! Coming Soon

Hey guys.

Its been a while after my last creations (the metal stadium and the v launcher) and now I am back with a new project.

My plan was to build a custom size grip from scratch which would be compatible with nearly all the launchers ever released (ex. plastic beyblade launchers, HMS launchers and MFB launchers).

Although I thought that this would be already a cool project I decided to add something more and came up with a plan to insert some batteries, a high rpm motor and a some gears to provide the option to launch a beyblade at even faster speeds.

I have already started on this project and as it is progressing very good I should be able to finish it relatively soon.

I will be posting some pictures shoing my progress very shortly.
If you happen to have any comments or suggestions please feel free to post them.
this sound awesome cant wait to see it. the only custom grip i have is one for plastic launchers my friend made with some tape and and old flashlight.
Wow, v launcher, metal stadium, multi-system launcher grip, what will you come up with next? New Beyblade system? Either way, your creations have so far been great! Oh, and good luck on the launcher grip!
I look forward to see your design. Smile Good luck, what you said you were doing isn't easy.
Good luck Draco. This looks very complicated...
draco mind if you can send me a copy of your work (it would be nice to see someone doing custom stuff : ) )
Good luck dude !
Hey guys.

here is what I have made so far:
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

here are some pictures showing how the custom grip is compatible with the different launchers.

plastic beyblade launcher:

V launcher (also compatible with HMS launchers)

beylauncher left spin (also compatible with right spin beylauncher)

Let me know what you think about it.
Looks really good. Could do with some sanding and a paint job though. Also is there way to lock the lanchers in?
The launcher is not finished yet so of course I will improve the athetics with a good paint job.

as far as the launchers are concerned they fit in quite nicely but just in case I am going to add an additional locking system.

then as soon as I have finished making the grip compatible with the different launcher I will start working on adding an electric motor.

well as soon as have some further updates i'll post them.
What material is the grip made of? Clay?
the grip is made out of balsa wood. I then added a coat of a silicon type material to make it stronger.
I see. But you should really think of making a locking mechanism for your grip. And why not give it a name like Prototype DRACO Launcher.
I was going to think for a name later but "DRACO launcher" (prototype) sounds good I'll start using it from now on. Thanks
As far as the loking system is concerned, I should have it finished by tomorrow. I'll post some pics when I am done.
(Mar. 05, 2010  12:02 PM)DRACO Wrote: I was going to think for a name later but "DRACO launcher" (prototype) sounds good I'll start using it from now on. Thanks
As far as the loking system is concerned, I should have it finished by tomorrow. I'll post some pics when I am done.

Thank you.
I look forward to your locking system.
hey.

The locking system is nearly done.
In the meantime I have dedicated a bit of time to making it look better.
considering that in order to improve the looks I used a swimming cap some tape some tape and a permanent marker I think I did a good job.

The swimming cap I used

The final product

what do you think?
(Mar. 06, 2010  5:10 AM)DRACO Wrote: hey.

The locking system is nearly done.
In the meantime I have dedicated a bit of time to making it look better.
considering that in order to improve the looks I used a swimming cap some tape some tape and a permanent marker I think I did a good job.

The swimming cap I used

The final product

what do you think?

I like your swimming cap.
Nice mix of colors (black and green)
Great job Joyful_2
Looks nice, cant wait to see the other stuff built in.
Here is an update of the new launcher I am going to connect to the grip.
the launcher is composed of two electric motors with different sets of gears.
One motor is slower but more powerful and will kick in first (it will be used to start the beyblade spinning). When the beyblade has reached its max speed with the first "slower" motor then the second "faster" motor will kick in and bring the beyblade to never seen before speeds (in theory).

I have completed my first prtotype of the launcher.
Since I wanted to do this quickly I made it out of cardboard.
I did a test run and it was successful as the mechanism worked. (note that I haven't tested it with a beyblade yet)
The results were not perfect as the gears moved a little because of the lack of rigidity of the card board.

I will be working on a better looking and better functioning prototype in the next few days.

The motors will be powered by 2 1.5 v batteries placed inside the grip.

Here are some pictures.

Batteries:

launcher:

launcher inside grip:

thanks !!
if you have any critics/suggestions let me know as I whant to make this grip/launcher unique.
I really like that! you did a very good job. I think you should put more of a design on the grip with the paint but it still looks good.
i just had an idea if you want it, you know MFB face stickers? you should put them on the grip that would look really cool
I think you should use the kind of wood you used for the grip itself for the electrical launcher because I'm afraid that the force from the motor launching the blade could rip your cardboard apart. other than that, great job!Joyful_2