Getting Bullied in school, or other places? Tell your stories!

Hah, I got Inspired by that Anti-bullying campaign XD

This is a thread were you post if you are getting Bullied. We will help you overcome your fears of Bullies. We will help you how to beat a bully.

When I was in 6 grade, I always experience bullying. It pretty much Made me depressed. But after I met this forum, i think it made me think there are other friends out there...

So, POST AND WE WILL HELP YOU!(if wrong forum, move. If another thread, close!)
I'm fairly certain parents and teachers are more help than an internet community.
Like what Hazel said, there isn't much need of a bullying thread here, but if there is then,
if anybody on here is being bullied or feeling "down" tell an adult you trust. At my school, if you tell guidance, then they'll first, depending on what the situation, will try to switch them out of your classes, that's if you don't have any classes with them. If they do it again, tell guidance, and they'll give them a long lecture about what they've been doing. Finally, the 3rd and last time, will result in them choosing a new school and possibly a school board.
It is kind of weird that none of this really seems to happen at the Catholic school I attend, and my younger sister who attends a private school has stories every day about these things.. Just wanted to put my two cents out there, it's all I can afford, at the moment.
Bully? Stay high, swing low. Wink
I absolutely hate them. To this day I am still bullied. From day 1 of Kindergarten to today, a 9th grade, I'm still bullied to a degree.
Hah, what sucks for them though is that I'm smarter than them, and I'll be extremely more successful than them in life. If you've got a bully bringing you down, keep your head held high. Don't give in.
Physical bullies never bothered me much. The first guy who tried I socked in the face and people learned I hit back. I don't condone violence but if you need to physically defend yourself do so. After the fact talk to a teacher or school counselor right away. Make sure that your parents know what happened in case the teachers don't do anything or don't believe you. Speak up and be heard. Do not let a bully push you around.

Most of my bullying experience was those catty prep girls. It didn't upset me so much as annoy me. Because the way that they would pick on me was more psychological and less obvious it was harder to get them to stop. I was raised to be respectful towards women so I felt awkward getting in their face about it. I think because I was younger I was a bit intimidated by getting them to stop in a non-confrontational manner. They would mostly ask me inappropriate and invasive questions. Other times they would just say random insults that were half compliments. The best thing to do with these kinds of bullies is to just to ignore them. NEVER answer their questions or try to argue with them. This will cause them to twist things on you and get you in trouble with the teacher.Hold your tongue and patiently ignore them. As soon as they get bored tell the teacher what happened.

If you get bullied after a long period of time and you fight back at my school, you get a lighter punishment. This 8th grader keeps calling me gay on the bus. What is up with this stupid fad by calling everyone gay?!? seriously. He watches [Content removed.] on his phone so he is gay.(dont ask what it is.) im gonna punch him in the face if he says it again.
Violence is really not something someone getting bullied should start. If the bully actually starts it, then it might be reasonable to reply with violence, but if you use violence against insults, you are probably going to get in trouble.

Really, just tell an adult about it.
That's extremely true, Kai-V. Grin
As for me, I was quite puny-looking(my height increased suddenly, so I am quite tall now), so people bullied me quite a lot! But, my policy was quite helpful. I followed these steps-
Step 1- When the bully starts bullying you- Try to befriend him. This is an extremely amazing way to get rid of all problems. Grin
Step 2- If the bully continues to irritate you- Summon your friends- Stay around a group of rather muscular and brave people! Tongue_out
Step 3- If nothing works- Violence- I've hardly been forced into this step, and according to my mom I last hit a bully when I was in Kindergarten. My mom says- That guy had come up to me to steal my crayons, and he tried to push me. I pushed him back, he lost balance, and fell. I won, and we became friends!
My mom said that even before she came to know about the matter, the two of us had become extremely good friends! Grin
my experience with bullying was in the 5th grd ,i was being made fun for liking pokemon this was before i found this website , it did and didnt happen , i still had friends but only have of the class and some others form different classes ,luckly there were no fist fights just mean and stupid comments like, oh hey purpuniblitz i found out what was in my back yard it was a wild pikachu then they would laugh and say other things like your a carp for liking it and all this other carp it was depresing until , iguess it just stopped
I am really sorry for everybody who has been bullied. I have never been bullied before, so I have never had to go through that. There are a lot of kids at my school who are bullied. A lot of people play soccer at recess and I am very good at it(I am not trying to brag. You can ask carp if you don't believe me). I pick all the people who are normally last picks first. Like Janstarblast said, it helps to have a friend who is not only strong, but extremely talented at sports. Kids who are good at sports are always highly respected. I am glad you made this thread, Blood.
(Dec. 02, 2011  2:47 PM)TheInGreek Wrote: If you get bullied after a long period of time and you fight back at my school, you get a lighter punishment. This 8th grader keeps calling me gay on the bus. What is up with this stupid fad by calling everyone gay?!? seriously. He watches [Content removed.] on his phone so he is gay.(dont ask what it is.) im gonna punch him in the face if he says it again.
Really, half the time people say gay they don't know what the real meaning is. Also, since I am in NJ, we have the new anti-bullying law, and my middle school has had many assemblies on the topic.

Also, I am a boy scout and hoping to become an Eagle Scout. I have thought of different ideas of a project, and came across the perfect topic-- anti-bullying.
I am going to make a gazeebo(I think that is what they are called) and engrave stones with donors. Any extra money I make I will donate to these anti-bullying campaigns. What do you think?

(Dec. 02, 2011  12:58 AM)Hazel Wrote: I'm fairly certain parents and teachers are more help than an internet community.

I agree.

This thread should be closed IMHO, it has no value or use on a spinning tops board..

Fix it in real life, don't post about it here.
(Dec. 02, 2011  12:58 AM)Hazel Wrote: I'm fairly certain parents and teachers are more help than an internet community.
You would be surprised how many kids have approached me with their problems and have told me how much I have helped them with advice...

It's a common problem, especially among bladers. I got picked on a lot during middle school. I ran to places like OtC for comfort. Beyblade was the only thing that got me through that sort of torture, tbh, which is why I keep running tournaments. It makes a great escape for kids and an opportunity to build confidence.
This thread is going to get way too political, and don't get started started with that whole "Bullying = Discipline" rhetoric....
in my catholic school people bully me some times because i play beyblade and my freind get bully if i tell the teacher probably be a snitch that will bully me more and sometime they call me a nerd because i get good grades school get worst
(Dec. 03, 2011  5:45 AM)hydreigon Wrote: in my catholic school people bully me some times because i play beyblade and my freind get bully if i tell the teacher probably be a snitch that will bully me more and sometime they call me a nerd because i get good grades school get worst
Just tell them that a 21 year old girl took you to Maryland in her BMW for Beyblade. You have pictures for proof.
Heh, there were people who threatened to destroy my personal Belongings. It would'v happened if I didn't have particular connections.
i will probably do that on monday thank you danny
If it's bullying for the game of Beyblade, it really is not "bullying".

Honestly, the thing about today's society (at least in the U.S. when I last checked) is that kids don't want to "tell" on another peer. It ruins having friends, I would know. It happened two years ago, and as far as I am concerned, it's hard now to tell on other kids because it's considered "snitching". Now, now, I am not implying that it is wrong, no way! But for hell, I think people have to learn to somehow come over it with some new hobby.

I was bullied on how everyone was "ripped" in grade school and when they said that, they just had some freakin' crunch lines on their stomach. I apparently did not have these "abs".

Now, it's a bit different. More of the other way around, as I like to know it as. Hah, that was just my two cents.
(Dec. 03, 2011  6:00 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: If it's bullying for the game of Beyblade, it really is not "bullying".

Honestly, the thing about today's society (at least in the U.S. when I last checked) is that kids don't want to "tell" on another peer. It ruins having friends, I would know. It happened two years ago, and as far as I am concerned, it's hard now to tell on other kids because it's considered "snitching". Now, now, I am not implying that it is wrong, no way! But for hell, I think people have to learn to somehow come over it with some new hobby.

I was bullied on how everyone was "ripped" in grade school and when they said that, they just had some freakin' crunch lines on their stomach. I apparently did not have these "abs".

Now, it's a bit different. More of the other way around, as I like to know it as. Hah, that was just my two cents.
I really don't think you know what you're talking about. At all.
I've never been physically bullied, most people don't really notice me much, but people say stuff about me all the time
I don't say anything becaus they will just keep doing it but it helps to think how they will turn out, most bad XD,
It sounds bad but it works
How come I get bullied for being in the closet, but as soon as I come out, nobody cares?

New York is all kinds of messed up...
Bullies, IGNORE THEM, they feed off the reactions and how emotional(sad, angry, etc.) you become. if you cant ignore them on your own, use an iPod w noise canceling headphones, if they bother you at school (where such items are forbbiden) try to ignore them as best you can without any sort of school contraband such as electronic devices, and if they really REALLY get to you, GO TO AN ADULT

like i said bullies feed off of your reactions, ignore them enough and WITH TIME they'll go away.

And if your getting bullied b/c of Beyblading, they are just not used to someone breaking what is socially acceptable. its like if anybody finds something different about someone else they assume they are almost obligated to make fun of them. But, how do we know that the "different" people are actually normal and the "normal" people are really the different ones. but keep that in your head dont say that to your aggressor, then they'll have all the more reason to pick on you because you either A) baffled the person or B) they dont like "differrent"

now dont get me wrong im not against being different, heck i actually TRY to stand out from the crowd. In short if they are making your entire life miserable GO TO AN ADULT!!
i used to be bullied along time ago (4 years) for being fat (which i still am, but im losing it WOOHOO) and now i found something bullies hate-

if a bully insults you
"HEY [insert insulting name here], YOU SUCK"

u just compliment them in a semi-sarcastic manner with a big smile
"hey buddy, nice to see you"

they HATE it and its funny for the person who says it
and the plus is you can yell it in halls and teachers won't do anything to you cause you didnt say anything remotely mean.

if that doent work, just ignore them, they'll eventually get feed up and quit. (thats funny too, watching bullies get frutrated because it isn't going the way they want is HILARIOUS imo)